Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is $25 XLM worth your privacy (identify).  (Read 10150 times)
Fammosh82

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 11:55:59 PM

I really don't see it as a scam,  I and my friends got the $25 each after a successful kyc...  One thing I don't understand is why people fret when it comes to doing kyc..  Blockchain have been known for years and if they work together with xlm to introduce kyc,  I think that is a good move though,  to avoid people running multiple acc and overcrowd the platform with registration, just for the airdrop.  The airdrop is peanut though, but at least I held on to it and cashed it sometime when my 25$ touched 42$.. That's a better interest.  Everyone to there opinion...  Don't see a big deal doing kyc for 25$.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 12:02:47 AM

Actually i would give my KYC procedure for $25 and i have already send them and waiting for my approval. Do you know why? Because i have already send my KYC to more than 100 times for bounty and airdrops! I've lost control of it. I didn't have to send my KYC to collect any bounty in 2016 and 2017 but last year lots of project made us send our KYC otherwise they were not going to send my bounty coins. Anyway those coins turned shitcoins in %95..
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 12:09:33 AM

My answer is "NO" stellar airdroping in some exchange site in past few years and its legit no hastle but personaly doing KYC or giving your privacy inpormation is not good why we need to do that if their want to airdropping to their holder then give it.

CryptoHunter24

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 01:45:29 AM

25$ isn't worth it of course, but I cannot blame those who are in needs, blockchain airdrop is been very helpful. I knew some people who did KYC and get some money from it and We all knew that we don't have the same status in life, however, I trusted blockchain company, I don't ever think that they will use it in such crime. In my opinion, they require KYC to eliminate abusers of multi accounts.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
RockDJ

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 01:54:08 AM

Kycs otherwise know as 'know your customer' is no longer a new subject in the cryptocurrency sphere. I see no bad deed done by Stellar for requesting KYC before getting their airdrop to curb cheaters. Stellar is a reputable cryptocurrency project and if they want bulk user data, I am sure that they can buy it for cheap. 25usd may be cheap but people have done kyc and given away personal data for far less

Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 02:00:14 AM

I haven't claimed the airdrop yet  because I believe it's not worth it, I always shunned KYC on all the ICO that I've participated in and that is a much bigger amount of coins that what blockchain is offering a lot of my friends are bragging they claimed their shares of the airdrops some people really don't care about spreading their vital information.

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 02:06:44 AM

I haven't claimed the airdrop yet  because I believe it's not worth it, I always shunned KYC on all the ICO that I've participated in and that is a much bigger amount of coins that what blockchain is offering a lot of my friends are bragging they claimed their shares of the airdrops some people really don't care about spreading their vital information.

I wouldn't risk also my personal info from a $25-worth airdrop. even if the project is legit, why is it that suddenly they require to complete the KYC requirements to claim that free money? they should have explained it at the very start when people are signing up for the airdrop. but in any case, it is their prerogative to change procedure, it is up to the user if he will accept their terms and grab those few bucks in exchange of their identity. it all boils down your stand on how far you will go with freebies offered online.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 02:27:49 AM

Performing a KYC fir reputable companies like blockchain or stellar should not be an issue. The internet is not a darkweb and am afraid, even your personal details can be taken from social media without your consent. Stellar introduced the kyc because of unscrupulous individuals that will run the airdrop with over 200 accounts just to satisfy their greed. I support the kyc

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 02:30:26 AM

I don't want to sell my privacy just for that. What if they will use your privacy in somewhere else. Nobody will like it right? What if they'll earn more using your identity in wrong doings than the 25 usd they gave you? Don't trust anyone so easily in cryptocurrency.

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 03:57:28 AM

Depends of what status you are.  I think if you are rich people for sure it is not worth it to get only $25 XLM for your privacy.
But if you are person who really needed money it is worth it because those $25 worth of XLM is useful for you to your everyday needs.
But make sure XLM is really legit and once you send your information they will not use it in bad things but if the partners of XLM is really legit I don't think you need to be worry.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:13:28 AM

Depends of what status you are.  I think if you are rich people for sure it is not worth it to get only $25 XLM for your privacy.
But if you are person who really needed money it is worth it because those $25 worth of XLM is useful for you to your everyday needs.
But make sure XLM is really legit and once you send your information they will not use it in bad things but if the partners of XLM is really legit I don't think you need to be worry.

Well I'm not a rich guy but still, I wouldn't go to that kind of KYC in exchange for a small amount I have done KYC once in one ICO but after a few months that ICO is gone and so are your confidential information, so it's not really worth giving your information for such a small amount even for a much bigger one.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
armarsterling7

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:15:07 AM

I also thought about this issue a lot. The airdrop program now always requires KYC's users but it really doesn't benefit their projects.
I think they will collect our information and sell it to other businesses. This is really a bad thing and I did not implement KYC for Stellar's campaign. Please keep your personal information confidential.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:21:21 AM

The idea of the whole KYC thing makes me sick. This is no different from how the banking system operates. $25 is too low for a KYC to be needed, I don't think its worth you provide them with your identification documents.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:33:12 AM

Its been a month since I've been seeing the stellar airdrop on the internet and I did forward to my friends with financial problem ,the fact is many will do participate in the airdrop for the 25$ ,many people are in bad financial state and they are not worried about the KYC so its a matter of choice

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:37:11 AM

I almost go for it, because some people are posting they are claiming their airdrop, but I thought some ICO that ask for KYC offer a much more huge amount and I turned them all down, so why not this one, the only motives I can think of is they just want to have a power over us online.

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:42:17 AM

Its been a month since I've been seeing the stellar airdrop on the internet and I did forward to my friends with financial problem ,the fact is many will do participate in the airdrop for the 25$ ,many people are in bad financial state and they are not worried about the KYC
And you think $25 will change his financial problem? That's too much. Don't make a shit comment please.

People should not give any of the identity because those can easily be compromised by them. Identity information worths more than monetary value.
fucilator_3000

Activity: 154
Merit: 27

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:45:15 AM

As I can understand... Is required Gold Level to obtain Stellar Airdrop right? Not just submitting KYC....
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:53:37 AM

It is worth our privacy? Nah, I don't think so. We don't know what's gonna happen once we passed our personal info so I wouldn't go that far even for $25 XLM. I'm not saying that they are going to scam, but the problem is what's the purposed of submitting KYC? Why do they just airdrop them? I'm suspecting that our KYC might be used for other purposes, not good for everyone in crypto sphere.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:34:53 AM

It is worth our privacy? Nah, I don't think so. We don't know what's gonna happen once we passed our personal info so I wouldn't go that far even for $25 XLM. I'm not saying that they are going to scam, but the problem is what's the purposed of submitting KYC? Why do they just airdrop them? I'm suspecting that our KYC might be used for other purposes, not good for everyone in crypto sphere.
The purpose of KYC is to avoid cheating on airdrop, what I know about KYC on the Blockchain besides getting the airdrop the purpose is so that you can use their exchange platform
By the way, Stellar Lumens (XLM) has very often carried out huge amounts of airdrop, and many cheated on the airdrop, maybe this time they applied KYC to avoid cheating and only the original people got airdrop.

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:38:56 AM

As I can understand... Is required Gold Level to obtain Stellar Airdrop right? Not just submitting KYC....

Whats a gold level ?  I dont see any gold level on my blockchain wallet account but i am qualified for the xlm airdrop although until now i didnt recieve any coins feom my wallet  . i heard that the xlm airdrop of blockchain will require a kyc to be able to succesfuly claim your reward but how can i  submit a kyc ?  I dont see that they were asking for it  .
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: