Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:03:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070034 times)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:50:36 PM

TL;DR

can anyone summarise briefly the story from the beginning?
I do not understand what is going on.
Much appreciated.

Straight from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

tl;dr - CryptoNote developers faked dates in whitepapers. Bytecoin faked dates in fake blockchain to facilitate an 82% premine, and CryptoNote backed them up. Bytecoin, Fantomcoin, Quazarcoin, Monetaverde, Dashcoin are all from the same people and should be avoided like the fucking black plague. duckNote and Boolberry are probably from them as well, or are at least just fucking dodgy, and who the fuck cares anyway. Monero would have been fucking dodgy, but the community saved it. Make your own mind up about shit and demand that known people are involved and that there is fucking transparency. End transmission.

BTW, not a hater, just into Monero so it matters to me.  Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:15:46 PM

TL;DR

can anyone summarise briefly the story from the beginning?
I do not understand what is going on.
Much appreciated.
All is well, just a lot of haters who do not benefit so that the coin has risen

Dude, some of us even still have BCN from when we mined it (and in some cases bought) before it was revealed to be a fraud, and haven't bothered to sell it because getting the wallet to work is a pain in the ass and a good part of the time the exchange wallets don't work. So the path of least resistance is to hang on to the wallet and see how high the scammers can pump it (maybe high enough to justify the effort of cracking open the wallet).

It isn't even unlikely that we have a lot more than most of you shills (assuming you–meaning you personally, not your employer–have any at all).

Our incentive, if we had no integrity like you shills and just wanted to maximize profit, would be to STFU or maybe even become brain dead cheerleaders and help you pump it.

So, no, as usual the shills are making shit up.
BCN_official

Activity: 295
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:35:49 PM

The Web Wallet release

Meet the first and the most important integration in the Bytecoin ecosystem.
Developers from the community in collaboration with the official Bytecoin team have released their First Bytecoin Web Wallet.

http://www.bytecoin.money

Fast transaction, user-friendly design, and no-synch process allow you to make the next step in BCN usability.

If the Web Wallet turns popular we will proceed with its further development.
Such features are in your hands: Integrate the changelly button that will allow you to buy your favorite coin directly from the wallet, top up mobile with one click, etc.

Now everything depends on you and your activity.

Develop wallet with your engagement.

fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:05:11 PM

The Web Wallet release

Developers from the community in collaboration with the official Bytecoin team have released their First Bytecoin Web Wallet.

Fast transaction, user-friendly design, and no-synch process allow you to make the next step in BCN usability.

Such features are in your hands: Integrate the changelly button that will allow you to buy your favorite coin directly from the wallet, top up mobile with one click, etc.

This looks awesome, thank you

selling sushistake.com, send offers
eeX

Activity: 961
Merit: 500

Soldo.IN [SLD]

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:12:28 PM

Who the fuck need Web Wallet?

But BCN team promised transaction comments (messages) since end of 2015!
Where is this long-awaited feature?

The Web Wallet release

Soldo [SLD] @ Soldo.IN
bitcoin24su

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:00:22 PM

The Web Wallet release

Thank you, it's nice to see that the administration does not stand still
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:26:51 PM

Why does this web wallet make use of the tracker "fonts.googleapis.com"? Why should google be informed?
wallermadev

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 12:36:21 AM

Why does this web wallet make use of the tracker "fonts.googleapis.com"? Why should google be informed?

One can only assume google fonts is being used as a CDN for one or more of the fonts?
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:11:30 AM

One can only assume google fonts is being used as a CDN for one or more of the fonts?

I see 5 google trackers on bytecoin.org. I have to reconsider my trust on Bytecoin.

I'm in a war against google. Thanks for your support.
wallermadev

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 03:01:15 PM

I have just loaded up bytecoin.money --

Your google 'trackers' seem to be as follows.

https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/ptsans/v8/0XxGQsSc1g4rdRdjJKZrNPk_vArhqVIZ0nv9q090hN8.woff2.
https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/ptsans/v8/ATKpv8nLYAKUYexo8iqqrg.woff2
https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=PT+Sans:400,700

Nothing suspicious there -- Just some fonts.

Also just looked through the source using developer tools it doesn't appear to have google analytics or anything else related to google (other than some work arounds in the code for google chrome).

You are more than welcome to your opinion in regard to your war on google but in this case there is not much more going on then fonts.
cromex

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:50:47 PM

The Web Wallet release

I think a lot of focus should be placed on mobile. What about paper wallet?
wallermadev

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 04:12:35 PM

I would be happy to work on a paper wallet?

michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:43:40 AM

Today I went to a cryptopia account to see my order and I get the notification
' BCN is being deleted. Close all orders and return the coins before 20 - 09-17 '
What happened to this exchange ?

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
BCN_official

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:45:39 PM

' BCN is being deleted. Close all orders and return the coins before 20 - 09-17 '

This is the official Cryptopia answer!

As far as the people that know what they’re talking about have told me, our issue isn’t with Bytecoin, it’s code, reputation, market cap, nor it’s volume, it’s user’s, it’s followers or pages and pages of stuff. The reason is sadly, much more eye roll and head ache inducing than you can imagine… Poloniex doesn’t include a payment ID in its withdraws to Cryptopia which means that we can’t accept half our deposits due to not knowing wheres it’s coming from or where it’s destined – it’s just an amount that arrives in our hot wallet and is visible on the block chain. Some attentive people would see a transaction without a payment ID and then log support tickets knowing that without a PaymentID we couldn’t match it to a user account, within an hour often we would have 4-5 different support tickets from different users claiming the BCN sent to us from Polo was theirs.

To get around this for a while we simply sent transactions from Polo back to Polo, but this is cruel as it’s essentially forcing someone that wants to be our user to go and wait for Polo’s support team to respond. If you’re familiar with Polo, waiting for support is probably what caused them to try and withdraw from Polo and go to Cryptopia in the first place. For the sake of people wanting to move from Polo to Cryptopia, we simply can’t have BCN listed here; because through no fault of ours or yours, and even half due to the reasons you listed, BCN is a good currency to move wealth between exchanges, except when you’re withdrawing it from Polo to another exchange.

The Fees we get from BCN volume on our site doesn’t even start come close to the support overhead BCN causes us, and the negative reputation we get for “stealing peoples coins” because without PaymentIds our hands are tied. While folks are stuffing their bags with BCN and fleeing Polo, I don’t really know what else we can do – as inconvenient as it is to both of us; can you suggest any alternative?

fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 01:16:25 PM

As far as the people that know what they’re talking about have told me, our issue isn’t with Bytecoin, it’s code, reputation, market cap, nor it’s volume, it’s user’s, it’s followers or pages and pages of stuff. The reason is sadly, much more eye roll and head ache inducing than you can imagine… Poloniex doesn’t include a payment ID in its withdraws to Cryptopia which means that we can’t accept half our deposits due to not knowing wheres it’s coming from or where it’s destined – it’s just an amount that arrives in our hot wallet and is visible on the block chain. Some attentive people would see a transaction without a payment ID and then log support tickets knowing that without a PaymentID we couldn’t match it to a user account, within an hour often we would have 4-5 different support tickets from different users claiming the BCN sent to us from Polo was theirs.

To get around this for a while we simply sent transactions from Polo back to Polo, but this is cruel as it’s essentially forcing someone that wants to be our user to go and wait for Polo’s support team to respond. If you’re familiar with Polo, waiting for support is probably what caused them to try and withdraw from Polo and go to Cryptopia in the first place. For the sake of people wanting to move from Polo to Cryptopia, we simply can’t have BCN listed here; because through no fault of ours or yours, and even half due to the reasons you listed, BCN is a good currency to move wealth between exchanges, except when you’re withdrawing it from Polo to another exchange.

The Fees we get from BCN volume on our site doesn’t even start come close to the support overhead BCN causes us, and the negative reputation we get for “stealing peoples coins” because without PaymentIds our hands are tied. While folks are stuffing their bags with BCN and fleeing Polo, I don’t really know what else we can do – as inconvenient as it is to both of us; can you suggest any alternative?

How do you see option for users to get in a way: Polo->BCN Web Wallet -> Cryptopia .
I know its not technical solution but it could be work arround or Polo-> BCN Web Wallet is also not possible?

selling sushistake.com, send offers
BCN_official

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:21:00 PM

How do you see option for users to get in a way: Polo->BCN Web Wallet -> Cryptopia .
I know its not technical solution but it could be work arround or Polo-> BCN Web Wallet is also not possible?

We've suggested the same to Cryptopia and now we r in process of communication and trying to find the golden mean.

BCN_official

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:50:29 PM

2FA authentication code option was added in BCN WebWallet! Just press on settings and enable it!

https://twitter.com/Bytecoin_BCN/status/900715833827176452

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:40:04 PM

Bytecoin Now Accepted In Indian Temples: Bytecoin Added As A Donation Method In The Indian Temples

http://cryptocoindaddy.com/bytecoin-now-accepted-in-indian-temples/
BCN_official

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:18:02 PM

Vote for Bytecoin on http://coinpayments.net ! We need just 1BTC (1000 votes) to be listed there!

https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

finist4x
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:22:30 PM

Friends! Support your BYTEcoin...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1948108.msg21058883#msg21058883

Audit Smart Contract
{
 F    R    E    E

- AI - Audit tools
}
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -

#  DEVto
#  Tumblr
#  Medium

--
--
--
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
--

Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: