Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:24:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070034 times)
burnbabyburn71

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:33:06 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 04:06:48 AM by burnbabyburn71

with monero wallet.

when i try to refresh it say :  error refresh failed : deamon is busy, plz try again later , block received : 0

what ca i do ? nothing seems working
yeah its a bug, this is the wrong forum to ask that question but to fix your issue type save in the daemon.

Is there a forum for CryptoNote?

I know there is a forum on their site - https://forum.cryptonote.org/

You can ask devs what you're interested in and what you didn't get appropriately on their forum

but there is no separate thread on bitcointalk about CryptoNote technology. no need, IMO.

Wow! I didn't know they have their own forum. Interesting.

Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I was thinking it is impossible to contact to devs.

We need to start a sub reddit for Bytecoin. Or at least a Bytecoin forum.

But then again, I kind of like the fact that this coin is not known and mostly accepted on just the deep web.

But the coin needs exposure. After a few days of trolling boards trying to promote bytecoin, I've noticed the publics opinion toward bytecoin to be very negative, I.e., 80% premined, too many coins, Monero is better etc. etc.

I don't know how most Bytecoin supporters believe, but I think it needs better attention, some PR, before the GUI comes out so this thing will go to moon.

Why let Bytecoin stay in Monero's shadow when the tech has much more potential?

We have a sub reddit already. Bytecoin forum? Do you think it's to big to discuss here? Another thread maybe better?

btw, I agree it needs better promotion to make its reputation clear

I mean, a forum specifically for Bytecoin.

There's bitcointalk, litecointalk, etc...
And there may be no need for a forum at this point.
But we need to introduce the coin to the world.
If we can get someone with a name in the crypto world to support that would obviously help tremendously. But hopefully the devs have something up their sleeve in the coming months.

It's all about how you market a cryptocurrency now.
And I believe when Darkcoin goes under and is publicly exposed to not be truly anonymous would be the perfect time for Bytecoin to present itself to the world.
But there's only going to be a small window of opportunity to do that (before Zerocash is released), because you know it's already being hyped as the next best anonymous crypto.

Are there any Bytecoin faucets, gambling games, etc..?
These are all ways to promote the coin.

I'm thinking about starting a Bytecoin Faucet on a .onion website, which promotes the anonymous coin on the anonymous web.
Tor is Bytecoins best friend, and we can use that to our advantage, because everyone knows how much the deep web can stir up controversy.

As for the sub reddit, how can that draw attention when it is private?
I'm beginning to think this coin is meant to stay a secret. And using the whole "secrecy" thing is a promotion in itself.

The open subreddit is http://www.reddit.com/r/bytecoinBCN and I'm currently developing a theme for it, here it is so far: . I'm waiting for DStrange to make me a moderator of /r/bytecoinBCN so that I can apply the theme.

Web Dev | General Graphics Design | Windows/Linux Wallet Compiles | Certified member of the BCs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnbabyburn71

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:43:18 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 03:58:37 AM by burnbabyburn71

Monero and Quazar are on Bittrex now, why isn't this coin on Bittrex yet Angry

Because they only see dollar signs

Yep. That's the case with majority of exchanges. More paid votes get you listed quickly.

Maybe it's easy way to get an exchange. don't care much about the way how it appears on exchange - the result is more important. I wonder why it has been added to poloniex and comkort still hasn't added it to their exchange?

Apparently Bittrex doesn't want to add Bytecoin since the BCN volume is so low on Poloniex Undecided  

Web Dev | General Graphics Design | Windows/Linux Wallet Compiles | Certified member of the BCs
Future_1

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:29:04 AM

Bytecoin is down 26% on Cryptonote. Any reason to worry about the future of its exchange rate?
poochpocket

Activity: 458
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:29:10 AM

I'm waiting for DStrange to make me a moderator of /r/bytecoinBCN so that I can apply the theme.
Nice job, it looks great!
burnbabyburn71

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:40:37 AM

I'm waiting for DStrange to make me a moderator of /r/bytecoinBCN so that I can apply the theme.
Nice job, it looks great!
Thanks!

burnbabyburn71

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:46:22 AM

Bytecoin is down 26% on Cryptonote. Any reason to worry about the future of its exchange rate?
Well it has been falling for a while now, at least it has slowed down now. It's a little worrying but if we can get more people to buy this coin through one way or another then the exchange rate won't be something you have to worry about.

Patron92

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:26:41 AM

Well it has been falling for a while now, at least it has slowed down now. It's a little worrying but if we can get more people to buy this coin through one way or another then the exchange rate won't be something you have to worry about.

I just wonder why it is failing now if it has every feature to compete with Bitcoin?

If its because of the rep that was a lit bit spoilt by BCN's enemies that's suck.
creepywheepy

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:31:14 AM

with monero wallet.

when i try to refresh it say :  error refresh failed : deamon is busy, plz try again later , block received : 0

yeah its a bug, this is the wrong forum to ask that question but to fix your issue type save in the daemon.

You can ask devs what you're interested in and what you didn't get appropriately on their forum

but there is no separate thread on bitcointalk about CryptoNote technology. no need, IMO.

Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I was thinking it is impossible to contact to devs.

But then again, I kind of like the fact that this coin is not known and mostly accepted on just the deep web.

But the coin needs exposure. After a few days of trolling boards trying to promote bytecoin, I've noticed the publics opinion toward bytecoin to be very negative, I.e., 80% premined, too many coins, Monero is better etc. etc.

I don't know how most Bytecoin supporters believe, but I think it needs better attention, some PR, before the GUI comes out so this thing will go to moon.

We have a sub reddit already. Bytecoin forum? Do you think it's to big to discuss here? Another thread maybe better?

If we can get someone with a name in the crypto world to support that would obviously help tremendously. But hopefully the devs have something up their sleeve in the coming months.

And I believe when Darkcoin goes under and is publicly exposed to not be truly anonymous would be the perfect time for Bytecoin to present itself to the world.
But there's only going to be a small window of opportunity to do that (before Zerocash is released), because you know it's already being hyped as the next best anonymous crypto.

I'm thinking about starting a Bytecoin Faucet on a .onion website, which promotes the anonymous coin on the anonymous web.
Tor is Bytecoins best friend, and we can use that to our advantage, because everyone knows how much the deep web can stir up controversy.

I'm beginning to think this coin is meant to stay a secret. And using the whole "secrecy" thing is a promotion in itself.

Now I see what you mean and I am in.
I would like to help this coin to go to mass. This is a coin to fight for because of it's algorithm. What we should start from?
Forum? Games? Let's use ''Call to Arms'' Thread - there is always users ready to help  Wink but it's a lit bit forgotten thread.

Donations - d5737925-d46d-47ec-9941-94a12a68861b
Rytir_fik

Activity: 139

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:21:36 AM

with monero wallet.

when i try to refresh it say :  error refresh failed : deamon is busy, plz try again later , block received : 0

Now I see what you mean and I am in.
I would like to help this coin to go to mass. This is a coin to fight for because of it's algorithm. What we should start from?
Forum? Games? Let's use ''Call to Arms'' Thread - there is always users ready to help  Wink but it's a lit bit forgotten thread.

One point to target more people: There is a lot of people who mined Primecoin. Primecoin was only CPU but now (cca. 2 months ago) there is GPU mining posible and the people who do not want to spend energy in GPU are seaking for another CPU coin. These people would like to have coin+science but I do not know about currency with CPU only and science together except Gridcoin at this time. Maybe it could be oportunity for BCN as well.

I like Bytecoin (BCN). BYTECOIN.ORG the best to mine with MinerGate
Rias

Activity: 373

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:11:15 AM

Looks like we have a new block explorer with charts and other things for Bytecoin: http://bcn.cryptostats.org/
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:15:39 AM

I can't get the transaction id to work. It just tells me "wrong address". Seems it does not recognize it as a transaction id.

The command line looks like this: transfer 0 21LHPF82QBaEFDWDs8NrgpYq37w5QJcQQQUX1wqDAuAD2QW7oymMj1m3DiC8V6wg7HXYRQyUbihvB4j Hzy1S9jzsBjVMK2Q 1 1414adcc952023965b5c125f97231772600e286fe659c37d8730ae88ed7f49ee

What am I doing wrong?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 08:51:24 AM

Has anyone taken a look at the coins source yet ? Because after digging a little I found no evidence of the existence of this coin before late 2013 (besides the supposed blockchain timestamp).

If I where to say something I would say this is just a pump and dump with a nice dress. However the technology involved and the code seems too much effort for just a p&d, so let's find something that explains why this has just gone unnoticed and who is behind it Smiley
For those claiming that there was a website running on tor (this can't be proved), also don't point me to the old 8bit style webpage that is on the current (official ?) website.

Anyone ?

I am also crossposting this on reddit, there is a lot of noise here on BCT.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/comments/26i5un/the_plot/

There are also three donation addresses for the TOR Project, the Khan Academy and a research group, is there any evidence or official words that these donations have been sent to any of those groups ?
why don't you read this entire thread, there is lots of discussion regarding this.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
ccienet

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:06:16 AM

Looks like we have a new block explorer with charts and other things for Bytecoin: http://bcn.cryptostats.org/
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:07:20 AM

I just wonder why it is failing now if it has every feature to compete with Bitcoin?

If its because of the rep that was a lit bit spoilt by BCN's enemies that's suck.

It's reputation was ruined because it came out to the public 10 weeks ago but it's chain is two years old.

That's called a pre-mine and people generally don't like buying into a coin where 80% of the entire circulation that will ever exist is already owned by the developer.

That's why it's reputation is spoiled, we don't even have to work to ruin Bytecoin's reputation.

If you want more proof, see the Nxt pre-mine and the Ripple pre-mine.

One Ripple developer who owned part of the pre-mine is now selling and just crashed the price. This is why people don't like pre-mines.

But please, go ahead and buy/mine your 0.00001% ownership of the entire circulation and cross your fingers a developer doesn't ever want out.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:11:42 AM

It's reputation was ruined because it came out to the public 10 weeks ago but it's chain is two years old.

That's called a pre-mine and people generally don't like buying into a coin where 80% of the entire circulation that will ever exist is already owned by the developer.

That's why it's reputation is spoiled, we don't even have to work to ruin Bytecoin's reputation.

One Ripple developer who owned part of the pre-mine is now selling and just crashed the price. This is why people don't like pre-mines.

But please, go ahead and buy/mine your 0.00001% ownership of the entire circulation and cross your fingers a developer doesn't ever want out.

Technically this is not called pre-mine. You are comparing this to a dev who actively mined his own coin in a matter of days and got loaded to a coin that has been out for 2 years actively mined by a community. Shame to mislead such a matter.
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:14:58 AM

Technically this is not called pre-mine. You are comparing this to a dev who actively mined his own coin in a matter of days and got loaded to a coin that has been out for 2 years actively mined by a community. Shame to mislead such a matter.

+1

some guy just bought his first computer and started learning about crypto currencies.  He then started reading about bitcoin but was so angry when he realized that it has been premined since 2009.  lol come on just because you were not aware of the coin doesn't mean it was premined .  that's just hilarious.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
ccienet

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:19:33 AM

+1
buypal

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:25:09 AM

why the bytecoin dropping so much?
ccienet

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:43:35 AM

A serious underestimate
nade70

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:53:33 AM

People were mining this for 2 years without worrying about what it was worth and it's only the Johnny come latelys that are looking to get rich quick that worry about current exchange prices and which exchanges it is listed on.
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: