Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:28:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you borrow in cryptocurrency?  (Read 42370 times)
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:37:12 PM

Cryptocurrency loan can be very risky because of the high volatility of the ceypto market, I have never involve my self in borrowing before but I hard experience from this forum how the loan and borrowing process goes but I must say it a very risky thing to do at this moment cause you might lost everything and become indebted for life due to market crashed and failure to service your loan which will have accumulate lots of interest.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:45:33 PM

I am interested in opinions about borrowing in cryptocurrency.
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?

You can't pre-determine if a token price would be volatile or not, expect it is a Stable coin and I don't think you are talking about stable coin, for now I prefer to borrow in Ether as against Bitcoin because I don't see Ether repeating the 2017 run and expect BTC to outpace it long term. Also remember that volatility is one of the main characteristics of this space

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
maxitdev (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 06:47:15 PM

In our project - https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/ - we eliminated the risk of price volatility. So borrowers won't need to afraid of paying more as they expected.
maxitdev (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 06:49:17 PM

If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?

You can't pre-determine if a token price would be volatile or not, expect it is a Stable coin and I don't think you are talking about stable coin, for now I prefer to borrow in Ether as against Bitcoin because I don't see Ether repeating the 2017 run and expect BTC to outpace it long term. Also remember that volatility is one of the main characteristics of this space

read our White paper:
https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/whitepaper.pdf

a token doesn't need to follow the concept of stable coins to have a stable price
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:52:39 PM

Do you mean cryptocurrency crediting? If so, then I think the financial market is not yet ready for this, and in private it is not fair to both parties to the loan agreement.
maxitdev (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 06:55:41 PM

Do you mean cryptocurrency crediting? If so, then I think the financial market is not yet ready for this, and in private it is not fair to both parties to the loan agreement.

Yes, I mean lending in cryptocurrency, of course in such crypto, which has low volatility.
Why wouldn't it fair to the parties?

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:25:38 PM

One can't predict the volatility of a token. I don't think borrowing in cryptocurrency is a very good idea because of the volatility of the crypto market. However, you can try one.

maxitdev (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 07:34:31 PM

Actually, you can predict the volatility of a currency - also a cryptocurrency - if you know the forces, which are setting the price of it.
If a cryptocurrency has built-in mechanisms which limit their volatility it can be much easier to predict what will happen with its price.

Read about the concept of Maxit:
https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1190
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 07:40:12 PM

I have never done this. And also not sure if I will in future.
Even if someone wants to borrow cryptocurrencies, there is no such system available at the moment. Even if it is available, not sure if someone can trust on it. One can borrow from his/her friends but not sure what will be the situation if coin price goes down or high.
There are some exchanges, soon will launch cryptocurrencies loan system.
It will be interesting to watch then.

MMA Rats

Activity: 509

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 07:45:18 PM

No one can predict the future of cryptocurrency and even a specific token. But I’m sure that it will develop and grow despite government bans. Therefore, I think that no one will give away cryptocurrency loans.

StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:04:10 PM

For now nobody seems to do that. Borrowing in cryptocurrency. Because what I know now is lending money online. Because, now there are many developments in the online world. Therefore there are many places to borrow money online. I have never seen borrowing in the world of cryptocurrency.
It happens mate, you can even check a section of this forum where it’s being done, people are borrowing cryptocurrency for whatever reason they need it for and they get it easily provided they are able to meet up with the collateral that the lender request for.

The other one you talk about, people have cryptocurrency and cannot afford to lose it because of their urgent need, so they borrow fiat and use their cryptocurrency as collateral too if it is more than enough to stand as collateral, but me personally, I don’t like such things as borrow, I wouldn’t take any chances.
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:07:57 PM

I would only borrow in cryptocurrency if I would have collateral in crypto also. I you borrow in crypto and that asset goes skyhigh, you basically owe much more in fiat. It's like asking would you borrow in gold.
Corer

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:19:10 PM

Borrow in Crypto I don't think I will do that no matter how desperate I might be but I heard people are actually doing it and they do will provide whatever the render request for to be able to borrow

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
maxitdev (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 08:22:33 PM

No one can predict the future of cryptocurrency and even a specific token. But I’m sure that it will develop and grow despite government bans. Therefore, I think that no one will give away cryptocurrency loans.

You can't say exactly what will happen in 10 years. But you can predict that USDC price will next week 1$, simply because it is designed that way.
And you can code a token - may be you not, but for example, I can - with mechanisms that limit its volatility.

Read about the concept of Maxit
https://www.maxicreditcompany.com
sentbit

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:27:12 PM

if you want to longtime just buy a cheap token and hold on your pocket, so this be better maybe need 2-5 year start from now,but if you lucky just need 1 year and then you got large profit.
Esterklu

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:48:38 PM

I do not see the stability market that would allow me to say yes. The risks that debt will grow many times over a short period of time is too great. The idea is good, but for the future. Today my answer is no.
adterna

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:58:24 AM

I personally do not really like the loan, because the price of cryptocurrencu is very volatile, if we borrow when the cryptocurrency price is high, and a few days later the crypto price decreases, then we will get a loss, so if I suggest we invest our funds first first, even though our funds are small but that is our own funds.

────────  WORLD BEST MINER  ────────
CRYPTO MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
GENESIS MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 06:05:19 PM

Maybe yes, if i can get some profit, but is hard these days to know if is possible to get back funds or they are lost, but to borrow on a bank in crypto we will don't see soon that option.
If it is good to make this as you business or if someone becomes agree to give you return you can think about it but I think it is hard to trust someone in this matter of currency and borrow in crypto currency. Actually people are now so clever they want crypto but sharing their profit, I think it is better hold your own.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:16:52 PM

If not please tell why?
Borrowing crypto is for higher forum members not newbies and Jr. members. How to do intend to pay back the loan anyway? You need to get higher ranks before asking for a loan.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 08:25:29 AM

I don't want to do KYC to borrow some some cryptocurrency. This site has high interest on this currency even low price.
What site are you actually talking about? As far as I see in this thread there is no site stated on OP and no site was quoted by you by any user. Smiley. But if you will borrow cryptocurrency, of course you need to do KYC(if needed) it's because KYC is important for those lenders to secure their money in return.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: