Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:41:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the Veil Project Mining- Privacy without Compromise  (Read 6038 times)
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:44:23 AM

I have been thinking about switching to a different miner. Right now using suprminer.

While mining is it possible that two different miner software can give us two different results? I mean is it possible that one miner will give us slower speed compared to another?

Instead of mining can we stake the coin in their wallet will it help us to make some decent profit or not? What was the percentage they allocated to the people who are holding the coins in the wallets?

Yes, you can definitely stake VEIL and make a decent profit but you will need to start with over 10k VEILs (even more now) in order to get a stake daily. I am still staking around 3k VEIL but now I am getting a reward every 5-7 days

Oh, 10k Veil means really very huge amount because the price of Veil has increased to 0.3$ nearly and in order to stake 10k means nearly it will cost us 3000$, so on a weekly basis how much money you are going to make in the coming days?

You can start staking with 1k VEIL but the only problem is you won't get your rewards that frequently. In order to get rewards every day, you must increase your holding to at least 10-12k. Each stake gives us 50 VEILs.

12K veil at this current market price of $0.37 will cost $4445.68 Shocked which is huge for most people, then earning 50 veil daily in this current price will be $18.34 multiply by 30 days assuming your computer will always be on everyday running, your reward will be 1500 veil which will give $550.27 at current market price which is not bad for a passive income, veil is still affordable now to buy 12k veil unlike when it hit $1 Grin, it will be hard to buy then.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 02:13:20 PM

Does anyone in here know whether the newly-implemented precompute has any impact on the staking frequency of smaller denoms of 10 and 100?

I'm still intending to re-mint those to 1000's... Unless I'm being told it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm not quite sure, do you mean staking frequency=staking rewards? , if yes from this article: https://medium.com/veil-project/spend-zerocoins-in-seconds-thanks-to-veils-precompute-functionality-ad349e211c54

precompute doesn't have any relation with any staking rewards, it only speeds up your spending.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 02:24:01 PM

Does anyone in here know whether the newly-implemented precompute has any impact on the staking frequency of smaller denoms of 10 and 100?

I'm still intending to re-mint those to 1000's... Unless I'm being told it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm not quite sure, do you mean staking frequency=staking rewards? , if yes from this article: https://medium.com/veil-project/spend-zerocoins-in-seconds-thanks-to-veils-precompute-functionality-ad349e211c54

precompute doesn't have any relation with any staking rewards, it only speeds up your spending.
I mean whether precompute has any impact on denom staking probability.
Before precompute you were more likely to stake with denoms of 1000 than with denoms of 10, especially if these were "old" ones.

As far as I understand this should not matter anymore now. So bottomline is, it's probably not necessary to re-mint large denoms, but I'll carry on re-minting 10 denoms into 1000 when I accumulate enough.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 05:22:12 PM

I have been thinking about switching to a different miner. Right now using suprminer.

While mining is it possible that two different miner software can give us two different results? I mean is it possible that one miner will give us slower speed compared to another?

Instead of mining can we stake the coin in their wallet will it help us to make some decent profit or not? What was the percentage they allocated to the people who are holding the coins in the wallets?

Yes, you can definitely stake VEIL and make a decent profit but you will need to start with over 10k VEILs (even more now) in order to get a stake daily. I am still staking around 3k VEIL but now I am getting a reward every 5-7 days

Oh, 10k Veil means really very huge amount because the price of Veil has increased to 0.3$ nearly and in order to stake 10k means nearly it will cost us 3000$, so on a weekly basis how much money you are going to make in the coming days?

You can start staking with 1k VEIL but the only problem is you won't get your rewards that frequently. In order to get rewards every day, you must increase your holding to at least 10-12k. Each stake gives us 50 VEILs.

With the current price of $0.32 and you need 10000 veils to stake that's $3200, good for whales who trust this coin that will give them a good profit, I'm looking forward to mining this coin and get my shares from bounty hunting so I can stake this coin, so what do you think the potential price of this coin in the future?

Please, how it is really work? It is hybrid consensus POSW right? And also there are masternodes? Because you said that you need 10k VEILS to start staking. Or there are no masternodes - only requirement for staking is 10 000 VEILS?  Shocked

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 05:54:10 PM

To be honest I also thinking about to mine veil. Cause I heard that veil is a POS mining coin and I was looking for this type of good coin.     
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 09:03:36 PM

I agree VEIL project have great potential.
Prefer POS mining. With 10к coins in wallet I get in about one block (50 coins) per day.

It's really great dude. 50 coins per day by pos mining is not so bad amount. I also thinking to start POS mining by purchasing 10k veil coin.

It's about 13k coins now to get at least 1 block everyday, due to more people mining and difficulty increase.

You probably need to up the number of coins you hodl for staking
So you can get to 1 block atleast daily to mine more
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 09:20:04 PM

Anyone that have looked into Dash will understand the mining hybridization employed in Veil, this is a good move by the developers to prevent the 51% attack that is affecting many coins in the space with small mind work behind it them, BCashSV and ETC are two good ones that comes to the mind

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 10:09:42 PM

Veil is a project with two consensus systems, PoW and PoS where PoS is used to ensure decentralization and PoW is used to ensure transparent distribution of coins, at the same privacy and anonymity is also offered.
Indeed Veil is worth the attention and investment (My Opinion).

Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 10:40:52 PM

If you have a Veil logo your a straight up whore and will do anything for a buck

The negativity or harsh word isn't called for buddy, I believe we are matured so if you see a post that doesn't tally well with you, you present your thoughts without been insulting

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 11:56:05 PM

Veil is the next-big thing, gradually getting noticed. The deal with mining is that most persons are not able to identify coins with huge potential right on time. I don't think it will be difficult for veil to surpass the 1$ mark in a short time. The hybrid consensus (POS/POW) gives it both fairness in distribution and security.
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 02:35:36 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2019, 02:52:45 AM by libert19

With the current price of $0.32 and you need 10000 veils to stake that's $3200, good for whales who trust this coin that will give them a good profit, I'm looking forward to mining this coin and get my shares from bounty hunting so I can stake this coin, so what do you think the potential price of this coin in the future?

Please, how it is really work? It is hybrid consensus POSW right? And also there are masternodes? Because you said that you need 10k VEILS to start staking. Or there are no masternodes - only requirement for staking is 10 000 VEILS?  Shocked

There are no masternodes, you open the wallet and start staking, the more coins you have the more blocks you get.

Or there are no masternodes - only requirement for staking is 10 000 VEILS?

Yes that is right but as more and more people stake that requirement will likely increase.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 10:59:20 AM

Veil is the next-big thing, gradually getting noticed. The deal with mining is that most persons are not able to identify coins with huge potential right on time. I don't think it will be difficult for veil to surpass the 1$ mark in a short time. The hybrid consensus (POS/POW) gives it both fairness in distribution and security.

Very low supply only 14 million, I'm thinking this will be the next big thing after Monero, I'd like to ask do we really have 12 million existing supply if this is true, then mining and staking will only get 2 million and how long will this last, I'm thinking of staking after I got my bounty rewards, will just add more so I can reach the staking requirements.

viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 874

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 11:06:19 AM

Please, how it is really work? It is hybrid consensus POSW right? And also there are masternodes? Because you said that you need 10k VEILS to start staking. Or there are no masternodes - only requirement for staking is 10 000 VEILS?  Shocked

No masternode. And 10k coins is not a requirement for POS, it's just a recommendation to find blocks more often. You can start and with 100 coins, only the block will have to wait a month or longer.
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 11:39:54 AM

Very low supply only 14 million, I'm thinking this will be the next big thing after Monero, I'd like to ask do we really have 12 million existing supply if this is true, then mining and staking will only get 2 million and how long will this last, I'm thinking of staking after I got my bounty rewards, will just add more so I can reach the staking requirements.

Really the supply of this coin is very low which they have strong developments which will really help the coin to increase its price even higher value. Staking will give much profit if we can manage to hold more than 10,000k but now at the current situation of the price it is very expensive already.
nightl

Activity: 686
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 11:53:51 AM

Really the supply of this coin is very low which they have strong developments which will really help the coin to increase its price even higher value. Staking will give much profit if we can manage to hold more than 10,000k but now at the current situation of the price it is very expensive already.

I think everything will work out and the possibility of stacking will be, the price will be corrected soon.
More and more people will learn about the project, so hype is increasing.
hustleman

Activity: 155
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:38:23 PM

Is there an issue with the newest  1.0.3.0 Veil wallet download for window?? Im attempting set up but it gives unknown time to sync to blockchain, then closes out after about an hour.  So it won't allow me to use the address for mining.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:53:39 PM

Is there an issue with the newest  1.0.3.0 Veil wallet download for window?? Im attempting set up but it gives unknown time to sync to blockchain, then closes out after about an hour.  So it won't allow me to use the address for mining.

Present your wallet issues in the veil official telegram chat, the admins are very responsive am sure they will give you a guide to work this through, the veil wallet syncing is a bit of a pain i would say but good thing the devs are very helpful.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
olamidey (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 07:21:11 PM

Wow such a huge debate and discussion going on here. I knew veil project had a lot of possibilities but never knew this thread will generate lots of comments and replies. Highly impressive. Let's keep the discussion going. It's also better if we can have practical experiences of those involved in staking veil apart from the o we posted to help us improve our mining capabilities.

||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 08:31:50 PM

Do you need to open your pc 7/24 or if you open it time to time, it is resuming where it stopped before. 10k veil is huge and i don't like to open my pc 7/24 so that is why i am asking Smiley
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:43:01 AM

Do you need to open your pc 7/24 or if you open it time to time, it is resuming where it stopped before. 10k veil is huge and i don't like to open my pc 7/24 so that is why i am asking Smiley

In order to get a stake, you must keep your wallet qt open otherwise the coins won't stake. I got two PCs at home that way I can alternate the machines so that it can get some rest and function at best capacity.

BINTEX