Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:21:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STO vs ICO - FIGHT!  (Read 14694 times)
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:31:41 PM

As an investment point of view, sto:s can be more legit or or a "serious" asset to invest. But it's strange to compare them at all since both of them have different use cases. And we speculate their worth differently. Ico can be either an utility token or whole new cryptocurrency, while sto:s are just tokens on top of the existing platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VAGR

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:04:45 PM

I think the ICO time has passed. Many projects have discriminated against themselves.  Time will tell whether STO can occupy a vacant niche in the market. I'd love to believe it
Bohdan Rabeha
Copper Member

Activity: 377
Merit: 0

I'm from #GenerationB

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 08:17:39 PM

Remember, how many news have been made over the last year about compulsory regulation of the cryptocurrency market. We knew that our technology would interfere with the centralized system. There are things which we can not influence. We are young technology. We still weak.

We made a lot of noise to the whole world. Do you agree with me?
Just remember about bitcoin price in 2017-2018. And about ico projects that have collected more than $100 million. And this is only 10 years of technology.

But i see two trends in development of market cryptocurrency.
1. Countries see the prospects in the everyday use of technology blockchain. Have to give them a chance!?
2. There will always be an audience that will live with old rules.

I will always be grateful to the first projects that have given me anonymity. I am convinced. They will help us in the future.

darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:39:09 PM

So recently I cam across this article in regards to Germany's first STO backed by the German financial regulation authority called Bitbond. What do you think about the evolution of ICOs? Do you see it as a positive or a negative?

I would love to hear what you think about it, would you rather invest into an ICO or and STO? What are the main differences / pros and cons between the two? You can read about Bitbond's STO by clicking on the link below.

https://www.publish0x.com/bitbond-sto/bitbond-first-german-sto-with-security-prospectus-xyewj?a=GELe3POa69

Also check out the blogging platform that the article is written on, it's a new crypto blogging site that pays you for upvoting articles and writing content. It's a nice way to earn some extra crypto. 

STO seemed better than ICO. Though both have striking similarities but not its obvious that they are not entirely different. I think IEOs should be integrated with STOs to prevent exchanges from taking advantage of the process to manipulate the system.
Bohdan Rabeha
Copper Member

Activity: 377
Merit: 0

I'm from #GenerationB

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 08:52:51 PM

STO is better for investors, ICO better for people who participate in bounty campaigns.
In my opinion, bounty hunters are an important part of this market. It's like a part of the wheel Grin. Without them it will not turn around. They are the people who are the first target audience for project. Yes, hunters came to earn money to buy BTC Wink
It seems to me that there will be additional requirements for hunters in STO projects. We know about KYC, which prevents spam and use multiple accounts. There will certainly be new rules, such as knowledge of SMM, Marketing and so on. That is to be bounty hunter will be prestigious.
And for investors, this will be a new breath of air because it will be more reliable. From then on the growth of the market will go.

Waiting for news)

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:45:04 AM

It's not about a fight but about an upgrade, STO is more like an upgrade of ICO and it is being regulated by government agencies, this makes it more easier for investors to have more confidence investing their money into the platform since they have confidence in the government and knows that the government won't do anything that will make them lose their funds since it's man goal is to protect her citizens, unlike ICO that is not being controlled by anybody and anyone can operate freely without being sanctioned even if it turns out to be a scam.

Moreover, it is going to STO vs IEO. Yes, STOs may face touch competitions against IEO. Again IEO's regulation and monitoring is limited to a particular exchange whereas STO is subject to some countries norms. I believe these types of fights are good for common investors as they may get good product in crypto space even they are not good in ROI in most cases.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 06:49:03 AM

So recently I cam across this article in regards to Germany's first STO backed by the German financial regulation authority called Bitbond. What do you think about the evolution of ICOs? Do you see it as a positive or a negative?

I would love to hear what you think about it, would you rather invest into an ICO or and STO? What are the main differences / pros and cons between the two? You can read about Bitbond's STO by clicking on the link below.

https://www.publish0x.com/bitbond-sto/bitbond-first-german-sto-with-security-prospectus-xyewj?a=GELe3POa69

Also check out the blogging platform that the article is written on, it's a new crypto blogging site that pays you for upvoting articles and writing content. It's a nice way to earn some extra crypto. 
First, I would like to clarify that there is no fight between ICO and STO. Both are like alternatives to selling a new coin or token to the general public. Although the STO promises investors a share of their future earnings which is why it is a security though. I guess I am right about this.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 06:58:40 AM

Choosing between a Security Token Offering and and Initial Coin Offering depends solely on the investor. In the layman terms if you are looking to invest into something very formidable and solid in the long term run then STOs are for you. But if you are looking to make some profits real quick then you can invest into ICOs. Careful you don't get scammed out of the numerous ones out there even though there are still some eligible ones in the cryptospce.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 07:18:57 AM

First, I would like to clarify that there is no fight between ICO and STO. Both are like alternatives to selling a new coin or token to the general public. Although the STO promises investors a share of their future earnings which is why it is a security though. I guess I am right about this.

I am agree, we should not comparing between STO and ICO. Both are alternative investment. If i should choose, i am prefer choosing STO because STO share their future income. Most ICO are utility token but many good ICOs can give a good profits from the price fluctuation
Blocks

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:47:58 AM

quality ICO are still in demand , though we see lots of fraud is going on in the name on ICO, but good project will always survive , one of them is COBO wallet , worth to check out
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 10:07:18 AM

Well I haven't invested in STO before because I was so caught up with ICO but since I have given up on ICO, I think I would try out STO to see what I can benefit from it, I am going to make my research about the project and when I am done, I should definitely know whether I should invest in the project or not, because I am at the confuse state of my life and don't really know the direction to go, whether I should invest in IEO or STO.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 10:45:27 AM

the owners saying they have some sort of fake permission or something like that doesn't mean their fund raising is backed by anything. it just means they might have found a way to get some sort of permission, maybe under false pretense.

and this is not evolution of fund raising.
the evolution will only happen when at least one of these ICO/STO/IEO/XYZs actually do something and contribute to betterment of the world, the betterment of cryptocurrencies or deliver some sort of product.
and so far in the past 4 years we have not seen a single one do anything remotely close to that...

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 09:45:00 PM

I do not really like STO. I think that the IEO looks more promising and allows you to make a profit faster. I think that in the near future, the IEO will be much more popular than STO.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 10:48:47 PM

STO is better for investors, ICO better for people who participate in bounty campaigns.

It's not supposed to be good for bounty hunters. If all that coin can do is make a campaign for a few spammers so that they can earn some tokens and think they won a lottery it's a bad coin and it will be bad for those spammers as well since they will never be able to profit from holding it.

ICOs and STOs both have a chance to be profitable. The problem is anybody can do an ICO which makes it prone to scams. To do an STO you have to comply with regulations and have backing.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 11:40:41 PM

Of course I see STO as a positive improvement. In terms of security, STO is better than ICO. With the STO system, investors can reduce the risk as little as possible.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Stewart66

Activity: 630

https://www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 11:45:21 PM

I don't know, I can't ignore one of them because I think both are good ways to make money
I do not judge whether it is ICO or STO, the most important thing is what the project is and who are the supporters and developers.
I think it makes more sense than just assessing whether it's ICO or STO

Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 02:30:31 AM

STO is a far better option.. Not just because of the presence of regulatory compliance, but rather due to the accruing of  dividends and voting rights.. One just have to pick the right STO with a product that can yield massive returns based on products not exchange listing 

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
khiholangkang

Activity: 2016
Merit: 560

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:56:11 AM

I would prefer IEO compared to STO or ICO, because at this time STO and ICO the chances of success are very small because most investors are tired of facing STO and ICO, investors prefer to invest in the IEO now

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:56:25 AM

why must choose between that 2 if IEO is the way better, or if you want more gambling, join SAFT crowd funding system, but at least your money have guarantee back if the project failed, try looking Atronocom SAFT event sale.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
FelippeHeinz

Activity: 504
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 03:02:33 AM

STO gives more security and rights to the investor, at the same time it is also more bureaucratic and requires high investments. The great advantage of the ICOs is precisely the low state regulation and the ease of investment by small investors.
In short, STO is great for big investors, and lousy for small investors.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: