Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:07:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76746 times)
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2023, 07:39:06 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2023, 08:14:27 AM by Salahmu

The picture explains the fear and indecisive most investors are having on Bitcoin price movement right now, This is the fear of getting curt by Bitcoin price if depreciating more against there entry point, so I believe that's the reason why most investors are actually wanting to be sure on the Bitcoin direction before accumulating for there portfolio.

But to me I believe that no time is wrong for an entry point to accumulation some Bitcoin because is a very potential coin and the future is bright so the possibility of enjoying your investment in the future is certain but that's for long time holding because there is no way you will accumulate some Bitcoin now and expect it to sky rockets immediately.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto_I.N

Activity: 141
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 26, 2023, 08:01:21 AM

And also apply the DCA at the top which is to exchange from Bitcoin to the USDT and hold more dollars when the price is at the top,  wait for the price to touch down again and buy back.
But such a model also has its own risk and that is why sometimes as an investor you make some adjustments in both your capital holdings and time adjustments.
I think it's a different strategy and it can't be confused with DCA.
The DCA that I know is not like that although it is also one of the strategies by selling from the profit that you have from the previous purchase price but this cannot be equated with DCA because I think it is very different.

It is not wrong when we sell some and wait for the bitcoin to correct so that we can buy it at a lower price but this concept is not synchronized when talking about DCA and long-term investment.
Dictator69

Activity: 109
Merit: 70

View Profile
August 26, 2023, 08:01:32 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Ok. when I started to type this, I was thinking that it was going to be easy, but I can see how there might be some difficulties to figure out the numbers because there are several calculations, and many times we might end up getting  ballpark calculations of these numbers, but if we overly budget how much we put into BTC (and surely if we get distracted into shitcoins) then we might not have enough money to cover everything and we may well end up screwing up our budget because we failed to adequately plan for emergency expenses and we were attempting to be too aggressive with the amounts that we were putting into BTC.
I'm happy that the website I shared will be of use to you. And really, the website you was using has only options to select only years in accumulation tab.

Calculations really were difficult but basically you were trying to explain three stages which you explained before first is buying at dips, doing DCA and lump sum. And based on different factors like what are the goals of one person to achieve with his investments and how much he is trying to hold and how much savings he has at the start. Such factors will drive him to select any of the two options (DCA or Lump Sum) and in you example he had $6k out of which he lump sum $2k and DCA $2k and saved $2k for dip. Thanks for all the explanations.

One more thing which I have learnt from your explanations is "Emergency Funds" are necessary like aggressive investing in BTC will definitely end up investor in bad situations. So, I will also keep the Emergency fund allocation in mind. Thanks a lot for all the details dear.

Well, don't be blaming me either when you end up losing all of your money.   Tongue Tongue
ha-ha, No No, I will not blame anyone because I am/will be the one who is responsible for my own acts. As I am a conscious adult, and I do know (to some extent) what might be good and what might be not. And One of my cousins used to say: "Only Listen to what other says never act upon their words instead use your own mind to make decisions." And I am using that formula in my life from very long ago.

I was 63% bitcoin.. so it shows going from 0% bitcoin to higher amounts and a lot of that is mostly just changes in the prices of the assets, and bitcoin has grown better than my other investments which have largely had very modest growths and I did not really change those other investments very much.
Got the point dear, as you said, you do no need to do rebalancing because your portfolio is increasing (means you do not intend to keep your portfolio constant instead you just doing DCA and increasing it).

I suppose that they are each categories of maintenance but some differing kinds of ways to deal with it in terms of how I was engaging in the maintenance.. which also has to do with living life.. and figuring out where to get money from.. and to largely let the bitcoin continue to mostly ride.
Got it.

I came to BTC because I was already looking for something to supplement the stuff that I already had, and one of the things was that I had a 401k and I wanted to try to invest into something that within about 10 or 15 years might be able to be of equal size as the 401k that I already had..and at the same time a kind of hedge against the dollar a kind of gold.. and so that brought me to bitcoin and instead of taking 10-15 years to match my 401k, it took only a few years to do that.. probably by mid-2017-ish
I am happy you achieved your targets but after reading your reply I began to think You must be one of the top 1 richest people in the world as you have such an entrepreneur mindset, and you must have gained a lot from BTC and other diversified portfolios. One of my friends have that investing mindset, He always says do not rely on one investment or one source of income, instead we should expand our income sources. And I was like Ok, to be honest I even motivated by him to some extent. But after seeing how much you must have gain even not knowing your age, not knowing your agendas etc. etc. I am really inspired by the way you think to enhance money. And you must have a lot of patience too because many just wanted to become rich overnight.

I find that what I wrote is not very clear when I read back through it.
Then you should really read them back as I will be very honest with you here, that you use a lot of words to explain things while you know could be done in lesser, but I can understand the optimism and love you have for others to learn. I pray you will grow more with that mindset.

PS: I did not read the Thread you provided till now, but I have bookmarked it and will go through it. Thanks for that too.
bitLeap

Activity: 1162
Merit: 476

View Profile
August 26, 2023, 11:04:09 AM

The picture explains the fear and indecisive most investors are having on Bitcoin price movement right now, This is the fear of getting curt by Bitcoin price if depreciating more against there entry point, so I believe that's the reason why most investors are actually wanting to be sure on the Bitcoin direction before accumulating for there portfolio.

But to me I believe that no time is wrong for an entry point to accumulation some Bitcoin because is a very potential coin and the future is bright so the possibility of enjoying your investment in the future is certain but that's for long time holding because there is no way you will accumulate some Bitcoin now and expect it to sky rockets immediately.
Doubts and fears are very natural, and it is the nature of every human being. It is not a problem as long as we do not fall into that fear or doubt and make us never move to start collecting bitcoins in our portfolio.

It is interesting to read your words regarding "I believe that no time is wrong for an entry point to accumulation some Bitcoin" because even if that is true then an investor who buys bitcoin must hold it longer, unlike when they buy during a price decline. For example someone who buys when bitcoin hits the last ATH, then how long does it take them to be able to turn their portfolio into a profit? here requires a very strong mentality to be patient to hold it, because if not then they will be frustrated and sell it at a much cheaper price.
Not everyone can do that, especially if they're someone who doesn't have a lot of patience.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Agbamoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 26, 2023, 11:44:14 AM

so I believe that's the reason why most investors are actually wanting to be sure on the Bitcoin direction before accumulating for there portfolio.
When we're discussing being confident in knowing where Bitcoin is headed, how can you feel certain when the market is always volatile in real time? Truth is nobody can be completely sure about where Bitcoin's price will go, but they can make predictions based on strong evidence.
But to me I believe that no time is wrong for an entry point to accumulation some Bitcoin
I whole heartedly agree with you on this, The best time is always NOW, there is no best time. I literally acknowledged that this is a common advice to DCA. A lot of people are still sitting on the sidelines and are waiting for a bottom confirmation and there’s nothing wrong with that. If you’re sitting out trying to time the bottom, maybe rethink that and layer in.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Salahmu

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2023, 01:38:50 PM
Merited by Odohu (1)

Doubts and fears are very natural, and it is the nature of every human being. It is not a problem as long as we do not fall into that fear or doubt and make us never move to start collecting bitcoins in our portfolio.

It is interesting to read your words regarding "I believe that no time is wrong for an entry point to accumulation some Bitcoin" because even if that is true then an investor who buys bitcoin must hold it longer, unlike when they buy during a price decline. For example someone who buys when bitcoin hits the last ATH, then how long does it take them to be able to turn their portfolio into a profit? here requires a very strong mentality to be patient to hold it, because if not then they will be frustrated and sell it at a much cheaper price.
Not everyone can do that, especially if they're someone who doesn't have a lot of patience.

I like your own perspective mate, my reason of saying there is no wrong time on entring into the market to accumulating some amount of Bitcoin on your portfolio is because taking for instance when Bitcoin price was $3k and it moves from the price gradually hitting $50k, investors was still positive that even if they miss the chance of accumulating enough Bitcoin when it was chipper they will continue to buy more with the believe of going to the moon in the future because just like how Bitcoin move from $3k then and hit $50k nothing can hold it from moving more and more higher in the future.

In times of distinguished from buying when Bitcoin price was dip and when it has come up is the profit margin because you can never compare the profit of someone that buys the dipp and someone that buys when is up already but most investors do not reason that way, most times is only the short holders who just want to accumulate some amounts of Bitcoin and sell immediately if the price is up are the ones that needs to consider the price before entring,  but a long time holders do reason the market dipp but it doesn't prevent them from boosting there portfolio because they don't judge Bitcoin by it present condition but instead they focused on what will become of them in the future.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
MINES 
PLINKO 
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2023, 04:50:32 PM

Some bitcoin investors have missed the last market sell-off where Bitcoin gave an around $4,000 or so discount from its previous price in the last few weeks, that was another opportunity to buy more and wait for the dip to be over to be at an advantage when the price will move above it present price., most of them that failed to take advantage of the market to buy more are now waiting and anticipating for the price to fall further for them to buy in.
I wouldn't call that a miss completely because the market is still undecided for now as there are still chances for further dips. Although I was expecting the process of further dips to start yesterday following Powell's speech but it seems that did not really make the anticipated impact and this is somehow suiting for the market. However, it would have still been fine for me should the dip happened yesterday as I am already waiting to buy more around the $20k following little adjustments to my cash flow.
So, I have grown to the extent of keeping an open mind in the market to be able to respond to what the market is showing while keeping my expectations in check.

my JJG investment ideas thread,[/url] I have been update those 4-5 opening posts with current information, and then I try to show the edits.. but it is getting a bit unwieldy.. like as if I almost need to start a new thread rather than updating those 4-5 OPs.
That is a good material you shared there... I never knew you had made such indepth explanation already. Thank you for sharing same free. Those who follow you will never miss road.

I know that I have already attempted to explain this several times, and my tendency is to project out my cashflow for 6 months minimum when I was younger and financial aspects of my life were more simple or maybe up to 2 years if there are several complicated things going on in terms of variation of expenses and/or incoming cash.

If you look at your history and you also try to project the future maybe you might be able to get some kind of a solid grasp that your income might vary between $700 per month (worse case scenario) and $4,000 per month best case scenario, and the vast majority of the time you are receiving around $1,500 per month give or take $300.  You could project it all out based on the worse case scenario, but probably it would be more realistic to project it out based on the lower end of the general pattern, which would be $1,200 per month, and then perhaps you might just keep some extra reserves for times when the cash flow is less than $1,200... So if you also know that the amounts of your ability to invest into BTC are going to be vary based on these, then you should be figuring out your minimum amounts to DCA based on your projection of minimums.. whether you choose that to be the $1,200 or the $700 and then of course, you would then be able to add the higher amounts in a kind of manual basis.. or maybe you wait for the whole month to pass before you conclude how much extra that you have, which could be using the extra amounts from prior months to be budgeted into the subsequent month rather than in the month as they are happening, which has a kind of net effect of your maintaining a higher cash reserves.
This is well understood and appreciated. You are so detailed about this. One thing I have also learnt from your explanation is the need to appreciate the power of little beginning. I know I had fallen into the challange of wanting to start very big before. I'm glad those days are gone. Actually, I never thought about my finances in this direction... assuming I know what I knew now, my finances would have been better managed.

There were times I had good some of monies and it never occurred to me I could actually plan and make financial projections with them as I was so focused on graduating and getting a job. Well it is not later because we have an adage  that says " anytime a man wakes up is his morning".

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
armanda90

Activity: 980
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 26, 2023, 07:14:28 PM

All trader ever in position doubt and fear when investing their money in bitcoin or altcoin exactly facing moment with price dropped drastically, its nature of human being how to face with their investment happening later drop or not. But don't give up for accumulating and buying bitcoin how many possibility based on our financial having. Bitcoin and altcoin trader have strong mentality and more patience facing bad moment when bitcoin drop and keep continues reinvesting if their target with long term investment. Don't give up when looking current Bitcoin or altcoin have lower price but take it as very good opportunity by accumulating as much possible not only with bitcoin but also some potential altcoin worth for long term holding.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Furious 7

Activity: 2842
Merit: 641

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
August 26, 2023, 08:04:15 PM

~~
A few things about knowing how to actually buy or sell when we are in DCA,
~~
Maybe this is what I quoted.

So for your explanation maybe a little bit good but in this mindset maybe we won't think about options on how we should sell.  lol

I think the argument we have in mind is to buy and hold and not to sell in a short timeframe. This means that the money we invest in the DCA strategy is cold money that we don't use for our living needs. So in this case we can carefully manage at every stage to make a purchase. Apart from that, we do have a high commitment to hold on in the long term, let's say it will be around 10 years.
That's the point buddy Cheesy
Why do we think of selling when we are already aware of the investment options. It's not just about buying and selling quickly especially when making investment and DCA commitments then it is definitely a long-term goal so regardless of the temporary gains that occur I think holding on to our goals is most important.

We have our own goals whether it is in terms of time horizon or profit multiple goals and I want something bigger than the current price so why worry about selling at the moment as the focus is still on buying.

All trader ever in position doubt and fear when investing their money in bitcoin or altcoin exactly facing moment with price dropped drastically, its nature of human being how to face with their investment happening later drop or not. But don't give up for accumulating and buying bitcoin how many possibility based on our financial having. Bitcoin and altcoin trader have strong mentality and more patience facing bad moment when bitcoin drop and keep continues reinvesting if their target with long term investment. Don't give up when looking current Bitcoin or altcoin have lower price but take it as very good opportunity by accumulating as much possible not only with bitcoin but also some potential altcoin worth for long term holding.
You should be able to position yourself correctly whether you want to be a trader or an investor because these are 2 different things.
From the beginning I think the discussion remains on the condition that if we really want to be good investors then never equate trading with investing because both have significant differences so that by knowing where you want to be it will make you know what steps you will take.

On the other hand, I think altcoin trading is too broad because the current condition of the discussion is still fixated on bitcoin not altcoins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Dictator69

Activity: 109
Merit: 70

View Profile
August 26, 2023, 08:47:46 PM

Totally agree with both of you. I mentioned before that a friend in my circle have some money and he asked me either I should take entry or wait for the market to come down. I suggest him to take entry but what he did waited more and now he things market will come down more. But the problem is he wanted to accumulate for longer period of time.

So I said if you really wanted to book profit when BTC will near to new ATH then you should not worry about the current market situation instead you should jump in. Well, I am also not an expert and I have told him that, maybe that's why he is not listening to me.

I learnt few new things like DCA, Lump sum and buying at dips and what actually DCA is and which is more beneficial under which circumstances (like Having big amount of money means you should do Lump Sum with some of your money and then use some of the amount for DCA and some for the dips). And I had not told him yet about my new learning. I will try to teach him what I learnt but the point is I got sad and angry too when he ignores me.

Although we all have the mentality of my friend, as we all wanted to take entry at the lowest point possible at which market could go by market, I mean BTC. I hope he will eventually understand the opportunities he is missing but I do not want that for him.
Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2023, 10:45:15 PM

Why do we think of selling when we are already aware of the investment options. It's not just about buying and selling quickly especially when making investment and DCA commitments then it is definitely a long-term goal so regardless of the temporary gains that occur I think holding on to our goals is most important.
I agree with you but one thing we most no is that investors has different agenda or objective and as such they structure there portfolio in a way that suit there investment plan, what I'm trying to say is that we have two types of investors one is short time investors and long time investors, the short time investors doesn't care about holding all he cares about is to make his profits through buying low and sell high because they are always afraid of market reversal going against them because there heart cannot withstand the pressure seeing there trade moving opposite direction so they prefer entring and exiting with any profit they made while the long time holders relax there mind they enter the market believing there portfolio will add in the future.

Samlucky O

Merit: 186

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2023, 01:35:01 AM

It is quite unfortunate that up till now people are still agueably resisting to buy the dip. Bitcoin is a coin with great future and purpose. the founder of Bitcoin (Satoshi nakamoto) has a bright future for Bitcoin. when Bitcoin came out, people were adamant and ague about it but on the long run it became a success from 2017 to 2022.

There was an all time high of over $65k and later dropt to $18k and raised to $30k. so there  is a tendency that it will definitely skyrocket. So now is the time to buy the dip and hold. (Satoshi nakamoto) said that Bitcoin is for the common man. But the rich took advantage of it, because poor men will always see any opportunity as scam that's why the whales bought and stuck today Bitcoin is no longer for the common man. But there is still slight opportunity to buy now and never regret.

YUriy1991

Activity: 896
Merit: 217

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 27, 2023, 03:58:49 AM

It is quite unfortunate that up till now people are still agueably resisting to buy the dip. Bitcoin is a coin with great future and purpose. the founder of Bitcoin (Satoshi nakamoto) has a bright future for Bitcoin. when Bitcoin came out, people were adamant and ague about it but on the long run it became a success from 2017 to 2022.

There was an all time high of over $65k and later dropt to $18k and raised to $30k. so there  is a tendency that it will definitely skyrocket. So now is the time to buy the dip and hold. (Satoshi nakamoto) said that Bitcoin is for the common man. But the rich took advantage of it, because poor men will always see any opportunity as scam that's why the whales bought and stuck today Bitcoin is no longer for the common man. But there is still slight opportunity to buy now and never regret.

Every big investment carries big risks. Currently Cryptocurrencies:1.8M+Cryptos listed and 660 Exchanges on CoinMarketCap. Who is the target audience? Most of them failed. Now more advanced investors can use exchanges to buy bitcoins and the advantages include faster purchase times, lower fees. Yes. This product BTC is very popular among institutional investors and many are buying and holding BTC without trading it. As you said above Bitcoin is a coin with a bright future and goals and it makes a lot of sense when you say that for now we still have time and few opportunities to buy now and most probably this is the last BTC Discount.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 27, 2023, 05:20:41 AM

Edited out
after reading your reply I began to think You must be one of the top 1 richest people in the world as you have such an entrepreneur mindset, and you must have gained a lot from BTC and other diversified portfolios. 

I have made mistakes along the way, too, and there are surely folks who have had way better price performance than me.

I have approximated that my more than 20 years of investing prior to bitcoin (prior to late 2013) on average was only earning about 5.5% per year (there were up years and down years but the average was around 5.5%), so those were pretty standard kinds of investments and standard kinds of returns.. maybe even mediocre.. but accounting for various mistakes contained therein.

When I added bitcoin to the mix of the investments, the performance went way up, but it did not go up until right around 3 to 3.5 years later, if we account for either late 2016 or maybe into 2017... and so part of the resulting positive is that even once my BTC price performance got to a pretty decent size to outpace all of my other investments, it really did not drop below $3,124 in late 2018.. so even the lowest of corrections kept the BTC holdings in great profits.

So even if you were to attempt to plug numbers in here, you do not necessarily get to stellar performance, and of course, BTC prices went up 20x from the 2018 lows but also corrected back down to right around 5x.. and perhaps now we are around 8x to 9x from the 2018 low.. but I like to characterize my own overall BTC holdings in terms of having a cost per BTC right around $1k per BTC, and therefore it is easier to estimate the BTC part to be around 26x up, overall.

[edited out]
This is well understood and appreciated. You are so detailed about this. One thing I have also learnt from your explanation is the need to appreciate the power of little beginning. I know I had fallen into the challange of wanting to start very big before. I'm glad those days are gone. Actually, I never thought about my finances in this direction... assuming I know what I knew now, my finances would have been better managed.

I think that I have told a variation of the story that when I first left home  and I was 17/18 years old, and I had a pretty limited cashflow, but I learned right from the start to always attempt to put away at least 10%, and I was not always very good in terms of where I put the 10% (or the amount as it added up) but over the years, it did continue to build and build and build, even though I made several mistakes along the way, and there were times when my income increased quite a bit, so I was already used to living on a tight budget, and so when my income went up, I was frequently putting aside much higher levels, like 25% to 40%.. but I had many many years of ONLY doing 10% and it still added up... just did not have any bitcoin like investments.. .and maybe I was too dumb to identify the bitcoin-like investments and I tried to stick with safer investments, and maybe I would not have had been ready for bitcoin until after more than 20 years of already investing and having had built up my investments based on mediocre performance.

There were times I had good some of monies and it never occurred to me I could actually plan and make financial projections with them as I was so focused on graduating and getting a job. Well it is not later because we have an adage  that says " anytime a man wakes up is his morning".

Yep.  That is a good point.  We can ONLY start from where we are at, and frequently, I will say to people to get the fuck started, but frequently, people have troubles just organizing their finances enough and in such a way that they know how much they are able to invest, whether that might be 10% of their income or some other amount that better suits their situation... but hopefully they can get it to some level of minimum aggressiveness, such as 10%.. otherwise it becomes harder to make progress since we already know that investing 10% takes around 10 years just to get to 1 year's income invested. and hopefully that amount (and its interest/yield) is at least keeping up with cost of living increases (inflation of prices - deflation of the currency.. hard to get ahead, for sure).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Agbamoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 27, 2023, 06:29:30 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), 348Judah (1)

what I'm trying to say is that we have two types of investors one is short time investors and long time investors, the short time investors doesn't care about holding all he cares about is to make his profits through buying low and sell high because they are always afraid of market reversal going against them because there heart cannot withstand the pressure seeing there trade moving opposite direction so they prefer entring and exiting with any profit they made
Where are you headed mate? your speaking bout those who buys the dip and wants to be millionaires in a week and are obviously disappointed. But only few understands the future of potential hold.

The only part that worries me is running out of funds to buy more. Like seriously, I've seen this said so many times but honestly, the feeling of not having money while seeing the crypto market for down hard is brutal. You wanna buy more to invest in the long run but you don't have any funds to use for spending. Really sucks.

I am not worried but not having fun either, buying the dip then buying some more has been my modus operandi so far

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Salahmu

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2023, 10:17:54 AM

Yep.  That is a good point.  We can ONLY start from where we are at, and frequently, I will say to people to get the fuck started, but frequently, people have troubles just organizing their finances enough and in such a way that they know how much they are able to invest, whether that might be 10% of their income or some other amount that better suits their situation... but hopefully they can get it to some level of minimum aggressiveness, such as 10%.. otherwise it becomes harder to make progress since we already know that investing 10% takes around 10 years just to get to 1 year's income invested. and hopefully that amount (and its interest/yield) is at least keeping up with cost of living increases (inflation of prices - deflation of the currency.. hard to get ahead, for sure).

Yeah sure, always waiting to accumulating enough capital to start investment is sometimes very unwise because the more you think you're saving that's the more expenses are coming and before one realized it has taking years but still not enough capital to start with so is actually good to start  with something even as little at least by investing bit by bit before you realize you have gone far also there are people that started the same way and now they have gone far.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
MINES 
PLINKO 
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
flyingcarpet

Activity: 406
Merit: 188

View Profile
August 27, 2023, 10:22:58 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), ingiltere (1)

Yep.  That is a good point.  We can ONLY start from where we are at, and frequently, I will say to people to get the fuck started, but frequently, people have troubles just organizing their finances enough and in such a way that they know how much they are able to invest, whether that might be 10% of their income or some other amount that better suits their situation... but hopefully they can get it to some level of minimum aggressiveness, such as 10%.. otherwise it becomes harder to make progress since we already know that investing 10% takes around 10 years just to get to 1 year's income invested. and hopefully that amount (and its interest/yield) is at least keeping up with cost of living increases (inflation of prices - deflation of the currency.. hard to get ahead, for sure).

Yeah sure, always waiting to accumulating enough capital to start investment is sometimes very unwise because the more you think you're saving that's the more expenses are coming and before one realized it has taking years but still not enough capital to start with so is actually good to start  with something even as little at least by investing bit by bit before you realize you have gone far also there are people that started the same way and now they have gone far.

Being able to accumulate sufficient capital is an important issue, but it is very difficult to determine where we will stand during this accumulation. Therefore, it may be a better move to make savings by investing. When we don't invest, we can spend the money we save on different things. Sometimes we buy things that we can't control ourselves and don't need, this delays our investment.

It makes sense to me to act with the understanding that the best savings is investing.
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

View Profile
August 27, 2023, 10:27:10 AM

The Bitcoin address was recorded picking up BTC in varying amounts, with its first receipt in May being 0.25 BTC, and the most recent one being 6,600 BTC. At time of writing, the whale’s address contains 118,300 BTC worth $3,087,545,354.

https://dailyhodl.com/2023/08/21/mysterious-bitcoin-whale-accumulates-over-3087545354308754535-worth-of-btc-in-less-than-three-months/

No one knows who that address belongs to, but we know the purpose is obviously as an investment, or probably a store of value? What whale would accumulate such a high amount of Bitcoin to merely "trade" them. I believe the futures market would be more suitable for that. It's a "mystery".

BUT it might also be coincidence?

Cool

Isn't the SEC's decision over BlackRock's ETF scheduled next week? I believe it is.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Samlucky O

Merit: 186

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2023, 10:31:49 AM

[edited out]I think that I have told a variation of the story that when I first left home  and I was 17/18 years old, and I had a pretty limited cashflow, but I learned right from the start to always attempt to put away at least 10%, and I was not always very good in terms of where I put the 10% (or the amount as it added up) but over the years, it did continue to build and build and build, even though I made several mistakes along the way, and there were times when my income increased quite a bit, so I was already used to living on a tight budget, and so when my income went up, I was frequently putting aside much higher levels, like 25% to 40%.. but I had many many years of ONLY doing 10% and it still added up... just did not have any bitcoin like investments.. .and maybe I was too dumb to identify the bitcoin-like investments and I tried to stick with safer investments, and maybe I would not have had been ready for bitcoin until after more than 20 years of already investing and having had built up my investments based on mediocre performance.

That's pretty cool. Where you find yourself today is as a result of the choice you made by keeping %10 of your savings which gradually catapulted to %20-40 . There is a saying that don't dispise your little begining. "Rome was not built a day" what ever mistake you think you've made is never a mistake. to me it was a self decisive measure to train yourself against the future. There is a book title the richest man in babilon.  it says "any money you save is a slave..." so therefore there is power in savings. There are many people in this forum but I see you as a role model. I've gone through your posts and have learnt a lot from it I believe with you I will know more.

dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 27, 2023, 11:01:04 AM

Isn't the SEC's decision over BlackRock's ETF scheduled next week? I believe it is.
Yeah, the first deadline for BlackRock's ETF is set for September 2, 2023. However, it seems like everybody is already expecting that the SEC might opt for yet another delay like they did with the ARK/21Shares ETF. We might have to wait until the final deadline, i.e. next year, for the decision.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: