Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:17:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 405 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77231 times)
Furious 7

Activity: 2856
Merit: 641

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 02:50:41 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

By design, Bitcoin is not an inflation hedge; like you have said, it was not mentioned in the whitepaper as an inflation hedge. However, the realities on ground have positioned Bitcoin as the currency that have withstood inflation. The value of Bitcoin have remained favorably high against almost all fiat currencies.  Think of it from the angle of an investor, and let us say you have some funds 5 years ago and you decided to save some in the banks and the other you converted to Bitcoin and stored safely. Today you decided to check what both savings can get you, only to realize that the money in the bank has depreciated in value... assuming it could buy you a car then and today you realized it cannot. On the other hand, the amount you converted to Bitcoin, could buy you a car together with a house.  It is therefore, very correct if someone in this situation say that Bitcoin is an inflation hedge.

It is expected that Bitcoin will even gain more traction in coming years because many
Seeing from the situation that occurs there is no standard rule that says bitcoin as an inflation hedge but in this case we must also be aware that bitcoin can be one of the fiat hedges and that I have indeed felt on the other hand regardless of whether this is an inflation hedge or not I actually don't really care because I run from what I believe in and bitcoin for several years has been my belief in investment despite all the debates that exist I just do what I think is right by being in bitcoin.
Btw on the other hand when talking about bitcoin and hedging I've read some actually pretty good research that some people have done.
There are 2 versions where one is the local language of my country and the other one can be read universally because it uses English.

You can read it if you are interested.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1057521918307622
file:///C:/Users/siganteng/Downloads/360-Article%20Text-1400-2-10-20230109.pdf

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 04:38:24 PM

Price really doesn't matter if you are getting involved in the accumulation to achieve a particular amount of Bitcoiner's hard-lined Bit coiner but it does when it comes to more efficient accumulation.

You still have to spend time learning about what is "more efficient" accumulation, and you are not going to know as a newbie and you are going to have to spend time studying.. and sometimes people don't have time, so it is better for them to just employ a more strict DCA approach.

Basically, there is a lot to learn by those (beginners) when they want to start or enter the world of investment, especially in bitcoin, not always focused on "big profits". Not everyone can accumulate very precisely, especially for beginners, and as a result they are very likely to struggle to get bigger returns in the future as most of us always want. But this is not the end of the world, totally agree with you, I think if they have a clear and strong goal with a good plan for a big profit then they need to take some time to study it in depth and detail, it is never too late for change and progress.

True, until now DCA will always be the better solution, especially for beginners who certainly don't know many things that are there and that they have to prepare. Maybe they haven't experienced some of the surprising bitcoin (negative) things, you might be surprised. And to minimize your losses and also obviously with your mentality then there you have to approach in depth with DCA, use this method so that you as a beginner still feel safe and comfortable, you just need to always consistently set aside a little of your remaining money every week / month.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 05:19:11 PM

For instance, MicroStrategy have been buying Bitcoin in large quantity through instant execution (I will call it instant execution because the quantity is not uniform even though they buy often). They really do not consider the price or the dip... they just buy and this shows that they do not adopt the DCA method.

I agree with the other points of your post.Moreno233.

But in the above cited portion, you fairly accurately described what MSTR is doing.. which is that they have been buying BTC fairly consistently based on their own cashflows (what capital they have available) and they do not seem to care too much about price.. they just seem to assume that BTC is mostly going to go up in the long term, even though not really being sure about what BTC is going to do in the shorter term. 

That pretty much is DCA.. even though you said that they are not doing DCA.  Probably the ONLY things different from DCA is that they are trying to front load their investment.. and their increment for buying and/or considering to buy seems to be on a quarterly basis (or at least they report what they did, if they did anything on a quarterly basis).

In MSTR's case, it may well be that front loading really does not make too much if any kind of a difference in regards to their largely ongoing buying of BTC in a kind of DCAing approach... that also might not be exactly on a weekly or monthly schedule, but seems to somewhat be quarterly. .even though there have been some quarters in which they did not buy any BTC.... yet I do believe that they are assessing what to do in regards to bitcoin, if anything, on a quarterly basis.

[edited out]
Waiting for the dip is not always good. Although I am not yet an investor, I have observed some movement in the Bitcoin price chat. I wanted to buy Bitcoin when I had the money and, as of then, Bitcoin was $20k, but I didn't buy it because I did not have information and any strategy that I could use to accumulate more coins whenever I have more money saved separately for investment. Since I joined this forum, I have learned how to apply the DCA method whenever I start accumulating BTC. Bitcoin investment is productive when an investor has a strategy.
[/quote]

Waiting for the dip is not always good.. especially if you don't have any bitcoin.

If you are waiting for the dip, then you are preparing for ONLY 1 direction, which is down.

One of the basic ideas of learning about bitcoin is to prepapare yourself for either BTC price direction, which largely means that the overwhelming number of people (including uie-pooie) don't have enough BTC.. they (and you) are not prepared for UP.

How do you get prepared for UP?  You start buying and you continue to buy until you have reached enough of a BTC stack size that you feel that you are prepared for UP.

So get started sooner rather than later rather than being a no coiner.. and sure it is better to be a low coiner rather than a no coiner and even better to be a lowcoiner who is constantly trying to increase his/her BTC stash size rather than a lowcoiner who is just waiting around and not doing anything besides talking about possibly getting some BTC some day.

The power is in those who act and also in those who try to act in a reasonable way that they don't cause themselves to have to lose their coins.. so whether that is $100 a week or $10 per week or some other amount that you believe is sufficiently aggressive but not too aggressive that you end up having to sell coins at a time that is anything but at a time that is of your own choosing.

Now that the world is seeing increasing levels of uncertainty, Bitcoin would be a possible contributor. As an asset Bitcoin has proven time and again that it rises more sharply when political and economic issues develop, which I think will bring more institutional investors into the domain to balance their portfolios. It's taking risks and leaps but that's the real investment in technique and the mechanics are individual for sure.
Arguing that Bitcoin is an inflation hedge is still not a valid argument.
Last time I checked there has been no argument that Bitcoin is an inflation hedge or not. Even if its the only cryptocurrency that people believe to fight against inflation doesn't doesn't mean its purchasing power against other currencies will no be weakened. Perhaps you misunderstood at some point what was discussed here. If you have been an early adopter of Bitcoin or should I say 6 years back you bought bitcoin then yes you can proudly say that it has been a hedge over inflation that has happened within this years, am sure that was when the theory that bitcoin can stand against inflation was popular.

Also, the Bitcoin whitepaper, since its creation, has never mentioned anything about it being an inflation hedge. It was designed to make peer-to-peer transactions faster, and it does its job perfectly. Therefore, there is no need for argument on this statement.

Bitcoin is whatever you are able to make it to be, including a way transact and move value and also a way to store value that so far has seemed to have had been not very correlated to traditional asset classes.  Of course in the short term there are some kinds of correlations and even seemingly correlations that people frequently misread their meanings... Better if none of us is getting distracted in our attempts to pigeon-hole or limit what bitcoin is, even though surely bitcoin does not do all things, but it does create a lot of strong incentives in terms of serving as the soundest money that the world has ever seen including the value of it being very portable, very verifiable and something that bitcoin users are able to secure on their own without third parties.. even if sometimes there can be some technical challenges in regards to the various ways that individuals might choose to hold their coins and those systems are still evolving, some of them more user-friendly (and secure) than others.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
khiholangkang

Activity: 2016
Merit: 555

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 06:01:21 PM

For instance, MicroStrategy have been buying Bitcoin in large quantity through instant execution (I will call it instant execution because the quantity is not uniform even though they buy often). They really do not consider the price or the dip... they just buy and this shows that they do not adopt the DCA method.

I agree with the other points of your post.Moreno233.

But in the above cited portion, you fairly accurately described what MSTR is doing.. which is that they have been buying BTC fairly consistently based on their own cashflows (what capital they have available) and they do not seem to care too much about price.. they just seem to assume that BTC is mostly going to go up in the long term, even though not really being sure about what BTC is going to do in the shorter term. 

That pretty much is DCA.. even though you said that they are not doing DCA.  Probably the ONLY things different from DCA is that they are trying to front load their investment.. and their increment for buying and/or considering to buy seems to be on a quarterly basis (or at least they report what they did, if they did anything on a quarterly basis).

In MSTR's case, it may well be that front loading really does not make too much if any kind of a difference in regards to their largely ongoing buying of BTC in a kind of DCAing approach... that also might not be exactly on a weekly or monthly schedule, but seems to somewhat be quarterly. .even though there have been some quarters in which they did not buy any BTC.... yet I do believe that they are assessing what to do in regards to bitcoin, if anything, on a quarterly basis.
In short, MSTR makes bitcoin purchases using the DCA strategy approach, because of what they often do, such as purchasing at quarterly time intervals, even though there are several months that they don't fill in (perhaps they also ensure consideration of price, time and capital they have). for bitcoin purchases on several occasions). I understand better the strategy carried out by MSTR by purchasing bitcoin using a DCA strategy approach with a large scope of opportunity, of course they are different from individual investors who carry out the DCA strategy in general.

I hope to understand how to use the DCA strategy and how to approach the DCA strategy.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
adultcrypto

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 07:16:26 PM

By design, Bitcoin is not an inflation hedge; like you have said, it was not mentioned in the whitepaper as an inflation hedge. However, the realities on ground have positioned Bitcoin as the currency that have withstood inflation. The value of Bitcoin have remained favorably high against almost all fiat currencies.  Think of it from the angle of an investor, and let us say you have some funds 5 years ago and you decided to save some in the banks and the other you converted to Bitcoin and stored safely. Today you decided to check what both savings can get you, only to realize that the money in the bank has depreciated in value... assuming it could buy you a car then and today you realized it cannot. On the other hand, the amount you converted to Bitcoin, could buy you a car together with a house.  It is therefore, very correct if someone in this situation say that Bitcoin is an inflation hedge.
It is expected that Bitcoin will even gain more traction in coming years because many
Seeing from the situation that occurs there is no standard rule that says bitcoin as an inflation hedge but in this case we must also be aware that bitcoin can be one of the fiat hedges and that I have indeed felt on the other hand regardless of whether this is an inflation hedge or not I actually don't really care because I run from what I believe in and bitcoin for several years has been my belief in investment despite all the debates that exist I just do what I think is right by being in bitcoin.
Btw on the other hand when talking about bitcoin and hedging I've read some actually pretty good research that some people have done.
There are 2 versions where one is the local language of my country and the other one can be read universally because it uses English.

You can read it if you are interested.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1057521918307622
file:///C:/Users/siganteng/Downloads/360-Article%20Text-1400-2-10-20230109.pdf
I feel that what you are doing is more or less setting the record straight like they do in the academic world... that I understand perfectly well and I agree with you. Even though we might not want to go this route of aligning with the formal world in terms of regarding Bitcoin as not inflation hedge since there is no official supporting document, deep down inside, you know that those of us that belong to this digital economy see Bitcoin as inflation hedge. majority of us will never save our money in fiat but in Bitcoin because everyday fiat is losing value and in some countries, there is constant devaluation happening. Furthermore, if you have been following some of the Bitcoin believers like John McAfee and Robert Kiyosaki, you will see them express their confidence in Bitcoin as inflation hedge while they enjoy the feelings fantasy of the death of fiat Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.

So it is more of something common among Bitcoin believers to see Bitcoin as inflation hedge and so far it has been working out as you already confirmed.

Su-asa

Activity: 266
Merit: 196

Can't go home alone.

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 09:05:52 PM

Waiting for the dip is not always good. Although I am not yet an investor, I have observed some movement in the Bitcoin price chat. I wanted to buy Bitcoin when I had the money and, as of then, Bitcoin was $20k, but I didn't buy it because I did not have information and any strategy that I could use to accumulate more coins whenever I have more money saved separately for investment. Since I joined this forum, I have learned how to apply the DCA method whenever I start accumulating BTC. Bitcoin investment is productive when an investor has a strategy.

Waiting for the dip is not always good.. especially if you don't have any bitcoin.

If you are waiting for the dip, then you are preparing for ONLY 1 direction, which is down.

One of the basic ideas of learning about bitcoin is to prepapare yourself for either BTC price direction, which largely means that the overwhelming number of people (including uie-pooie) don't have enough BTC.. they (and you) are not prepared for UP.

How do you get prepared for UP?  You start buying and you continue to buy until you have reached enough of a BTC stack size that you feel that you are prepared for UP.

Yes you are correct, if I wait for only the dip I am just heading to only one direction and that direction is just for Bitcoin price to reduce just like you said, but if I am fully prepared for the investment, I will continue buying enough BTC until I am satisfied with the amount or numbers of btc that I have in my wallet.
So get started sooner rather than later rather than being a no coiner.. and sure it is better to be a low coiner rather than a no coiner and even better to be a lowcoiner who is constantly trying to increase his/her BTC stash size rather than a lowcoiner who is just waiting around and not doing anything besides talking about possibly getting some BTC some day.
With my schedule, from now till ending of next month I am planning to buy some BTC with the little money I can afford and when I buy I will used the DCA method to accumulate more coin and I will also hold for long term.
The power is in those who act and also in those who try to act in a reasonable way that they don't cause themselves to have to lose their coins.. so whether that is $100 a week or $10 per week or some other amount that you believe is sufficiently aggressive but not too aggressive that you end up having to sell coins at a time that is anything but at a time that is of your own choosing.
I  have a job I am doing so far, but what is keeping me from invest is I haven't keep separate money for my investment that is why I said early that maybe before the ending of next month I will invest in Bitcoin.

danadc

Activity: 966
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2023, 09:32:58 PM

Right now if there is a possible fall, then buy because it is intended that bitcoin can reach a great ATH soon, if some say that bitcoin will fall and if the weakest sell, then you have to buy from ca opco, you have to be smart, I like it when bitcoin falls, because it is an opportunity to have more satoshis, only the weak-minded are the ones who can eat from the bad news of bitcoin, here there is only room for people with superior intelligence with a millionaire mentality, and the ones who don't want to So believe that they continue to believe in the news and the economists who talk about any atrocity, I follow Robert Kiyosaki, but I think he still needs more Financial education , because there is bitcoin here for a while.

source; https://cryptonews.com/news/bye-bye-bitcoin-robert-kiyosaki-weighs-citibanks-blockchain-initiative.htm

I'm not saying anything about FIAT money, it's something that you can go to the ground now if you want, but not with Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2023, 09:47:46 PM

True, until now DCA will always be the better solution, especially for beginners who certainly don't know many things that are there and that they have to prepare. Maybe they haven't experienced some of the surprising bitcoin (negative) things, you might be surprised. And to minimize your losses and also obviously with your mentality then there you have to approach in depth with DCA, use this method so that you as a beginner still feel safe and comfortable, you just need to always consistently set aside a little of your remaining money every week / month.
Truly DCA is a good method especially for the beginners who are still managing to accumulate but perhaps DCA doesn't guarantee your risk management because sometimes a beginners could misunderstand DCA strategy by over investing without having a plan for emergency funds, so let's not view DCA in one direction which is risk management and accumulating a bit by bit but we should also consider what will happen if being overwhelmed without considering other needs that could arise and will need urgent attention.

Perhaps there is also another strategy that's also similar to DCA strategy but is quite the opposite which is called LUMP SUM,  actually this strategy is only advisable for the experience traders who understand the concept and fundamental analysis of Bitcoin market and it potential because this strategy has to do with an investor that sees a good potential of particular coin such as Bitcoin and invest a very huge amount of money and holding it for long time with the believe of making a huge profits, so this strategy could also be refer as a risk investment by risking a huge amount and expecting a bigger profit but one of the good thing about it is that investors that uses that strategy is not affected by the huge amount invested because there are a lot more on were it came from so the strategy seem to be only meant for rich investors. so is not advisable for beginners to use this strategy.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
macson

Activity: 1008
Merit: 141

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 09:58:22 PM

snip

Everything still requires good and accurate calculations. We are currently at a relatively stable price, perhaps for a while Bitcoin in the current market provides more opportunities, especially for retailers or those who simply want to invest long term.

Actually, there is no asset that is 100% immune from inflation. Because even though market sentiment is moving aggressively, inflation conditions make people worry that they will not be able to survive the inflation cycle. Except for those who have a fixed income so they can control the Bitcoin they hold more freely.

Fud is good for balance if we can think from different directions. Someone who knows the risks of holding assets on a centralized exchange without trading them knows where to secure those assets. Because the main key in this case is securing it in a cold wallet. Exchanges are only for options when needed, not as a safe storage option, no matter how reputable a crypto exchange is, it does not guarantee anything that your assets will be completely safe. It's a different story for those who are active as day traders, the risk is much greater than for investors who secure assets in cold wallets.
every investor has different tricks, but looking at the last few months, i agree with you that the price of Bitcoin is sideways.  Michael Saylor is a good example, he buys bitcoins regularly based on DCA, and currently holds quite a lot of bitcoins, if he thinks too much when buying bitcoin then i'm sure he won't be able to find a decent price to buy bitcoin.

touching on the safest way to store bitcoin, well, saving in CEX is never a good option, i also store bitcoin in my personal wallet (currently i use an unstopable wallet), for me personally, Bitcoin is an asset that is immune to inflation, maybe the price is very volatile, but that is what really makes Bitcoin different from other investment instruments.

snip
waiting for the DIP is good but waiting too long will only make us miss the train!!
so buy whenever your intention is strong lol
well, you really missed the best price for buying bitcoin, well we will definitely find it difficult to see the price of bitcoin reach $20k again lol, yep the point of my post is to apply the DCA concept when buying bitcoin, and target it for the long term, the best strategy at the moment imo is buying bitcoin with the DCA concept.

MCUKing

Activity: 115
Merit: 69

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 10:33:31 PM

You have a good point, @MCUKing, while trying to accumulate more coins, like up to 1 BTC or more, if considering the prices, the person will not end well, because I feel that as long as the person is considering the price of BTC, the price is high. The person will end up not buying because the price of BTC is high and the person will wait for it to dip before he continues, and sometimes btc continues to increase, so at that season the person has missed the opportunity. Waiting for the btc to dip before buying is not a good strategy that can be used to accumulate btc. As long as an investor is using the DCA methods to accumulate, he will not be thinking about whether Bitcoin is high or not.

Strictly, DCA is a good approach in the accumulation zone but while we are in the Distribution zone or in the Profit Booking Zone we need to approach different policies such as Dip buying. Here the Emergency Funds are gonna support the person in his accumulation directly in any worst-case scenario.

I have never suggested to ignore those three categories, even though DCA does tend to be better for most people and most people do not have lump sums.  I also don't necessarily consider that new cashflow coming in has to be DCA'd. so for example if a person has $100 per week available, he could choose to divide it into two.. half for DCA and the other for buying on dips.   

And again complete personal discretion and it is good to know the three categories and to figure out how much to emphasize on each one, with perhaps the default being DCA until getting up to a certain level of BTC.. and so as your BTC portfolio gets bigger, your options increase too, which tends to remove DCA from the default position.. especially if you start to become more informed about various aspects of your finances, your psychology and BTC.

Hmm, Got it, till a specific accumulation DCA is a better approach as default strategy and after reaching to that specific point a person can even distribute his capital into different Strategies, this one sounds more promising. Also thanks for the clarification as well.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 444

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 02:05:18 AM

source; https://cryptonews.com/news/bye-bye-bitcoin-robert-kiyosaki-weighs-citibanks-blockchain-initiative.htm

I'm not saying anything about FIAT money, it's something that you can go to the ground now if you want, but not with Bitcoin.
they can offer everything about cross boarder  and block chain technologies , but the question si that will people truly trust banks now specially those people like us?
that have all experienced about the capacity of banks to earn from our own money while we are free to use Bitcoin at any time?(of course not with those who have banned countries).
and also if i were to ask you , will you use that citibank offer or still Bitcoin/crypto?
because me ? I will not trust bank anymore after all the good things I have tasted from bitcoin using.
and most specially the opportunity to make grow of my funds higher than what banks peanut can offer me.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 04:32:23 AM

Yes you are correct, if I wait for only the dip I am just heading to only one direction and that direction is just for Bitcoin price to reduce just like you said, but if I am fully prepared for the investment, I will continue buying enough BTC until I am satisfied with the amount or numbers of btc that I have in my wallet.
With my schedule, from now till ending of next month I am planning to buy some BTC with the little money I can afford and when I buy I will used the DCA method to accumulate more coin and I will also hold for long term.
I  have a job I am doing so far, but what is keeping me from invest is I haven't keep separate money for my investment that is why I said early that maybe before the ending of next month I will invest in Bitcoin.

Many of us have already acknowledged that some people might not be in a position to be investing into bitcoin or anything else because they personally do not have their finances in a good enough place, such as having some kind of an emergency fund.

I specifically asserted that the emergency fund can be built and buying into bitcoin can be accomplished at the same time; however, surely you might not be able to be as aggressive in your bitcoin investment during the time in which you are still building up your emergency fund, and you will be able to afford to be more aggressive in terms of buying into bitcoin after you have already established your emergency fund.

I personally doubt that very much, if any weight, should be given to your own predictions about if the BTC price is going to go up or down, especially if you are an admitted no coiner. 

Now, once you have established some bitcoin, maybe you have been investing $10 per week for  a year or something like that (so then you would have $520 invested.. it is still not a lot.. so even after a year, you might still NOT need to be worrying about which way you think the BTC price is going to go.. and even if you invest for 4 years, at $10 per week, you still would only have $2,080  ($520x4)  invested.. so maybe at some point you might start to attempt to be more strategic about your BTC purchases, but it seems like a pretty BIG ASS waste of time, as compared with just buying regularly in order to start to get your base up there, even if you might be buying some of your BTC at higher prices, you likely do not know enough about which direction the BTC price is going to go anyhow.. but if you do, hopefully you are not becoming too strategic about the whole matter and missing opportunties to just buy and continue to prepare yourself for up.

And think about it.. if you are starting out at $10 per week and then maybe at some point you are able to go to $100 per week or even more than that, it still could well end up taking you several years to get your bitcoin investment up to meaningful amounts.. With $100 per week and then 52 weeks in a year, so $5,200 per year, at least after 10 years you have invested $52k into bitcoin, so surely at that point you are likely going to start feeling that your investment size is getting to become a good amount, especially if BTC might continue to appreciate in value between now and 2033 (10 years from now).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Popkon6

Activity: 588
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 06:11:51 AM

Right now if there is a possible fall, then buy because it is intended that bitcoin can reach a great ATH soon, if some say that bitcoin will fall and if the weakest sell, then you have to buy from ca opco, you have to be smart, I like it when bitcoin falls, because it is an opportunity to have more satoshis, only the weak-minded are the ones who can eat from the bad news of bitcoin, here there is only room for people with superior intelligence with a millionaire mentality, and the ones who don't want to So believe that they continue to believe in the news and the economists who talk about any atrocity, I follow Robert Kiyosaki, but I think he still needs more Financial education , because there is bitcoin here for a while.

I definitely checked and saw a person commenting on the Robert Kiyosaki question several times dismissed the decision to buy Bitcoin. And I found one comment that refrained from buying bitcoins.

Source link
People are more inclined towards Bitcoin than Banks because once Bitcoin enters the world it will never support Banks.  It's never been possible to benefit as much as I have from using Bitcoin and from using a bank.  It is never possible to build a large portfolio by keeping money in the bank, but it is certainly possible to build large funds using Bitcoin.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Salahmu

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2023, 06:57:52 AM

Right now if there is a possible fall, then buy because it is intended that bitcoin can reach a great ATH.
The possibility of Bitcoin dipping more is not certain for now if you have been following the Bitcoin market price these period you will see that Bitcoin price has been consolidating within some certain zone, neither uptrend nor downtrend so these is to show that there could be a possibility of maintaining these levels till the halving take place so waiting for the market to go more dip before buying may not really be a wise decision were as instead of dipping the more it moves uptrend as such you may not have the opportunity to get into the market again, so to me these is one of the best price to buy Bitcoin now because considering next year halving there is a likelihood that Bitcoin price will break the previous all-time high, so the question will be were are you able to utilize the opportunity now that the Bitcoin price is on a good position to accumulate.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
MINES 
PLINKO 
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
DanWalker

Activity: 1918
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 07:02:56 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2023, 07:20:45 AM by DanWalker

People are more inclined towards Bitcoin than Banks because once Bitcoin enters the world it will never support Banks.  It's never been possible to benefit as much as I have from using Bitcoin and from using a bank.  It is never possible to build a large portfolio by keeping money in the bank, but it is certainly possible to build large funds using Bitcoin.

There is no reason for bitcoin to support banks, when for the past 14 years banks have been talking bad, trying to keep people away from bitcoin just because they are afraid they will be destroyed because people will switch to using bitcoin and leave them.

Depositing money in the bank not only cannot help us build an asset portfolio, but also causes the value of our assets to gradually lose value. Meanwhile, using bitcoin is risky but can help you increase your asset value significantly if you have the right knowledge about bitcoin. But putting all our assets in bitcoin is also not a good idea because of its short-term volatility. We must still have enough savings in the bank to cover our daily needs and emergencies.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
woez

Activity: 403
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 08:45:55 AM

I think MSTR also has a special strategy in assessing the market objectively when making purchases, but at least what they do is provide fresh air for BTC price increases even if only for a few moments and break the chain of short-term trading patterns from speculators and if we look at it, it's a bit funny also at that time the other USD looked weak, BTC actually up...But that's one of the unique things about BTC. Smiley.

Su-asa

Can't go home alone.

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 08:58:35 AM

And think about it.. if you are starting out at $10 per week and then maybe at some point you are able to go to $100 per week or even more than that, it still could well end up taking you several years to get your bitcoin investment up to meaningful amounts.. With $100 per week and then 52 weeks in a year, so $5,200 per year, at least after 10 years you have invested $52k into bitcoin, so surely at that point you are likely going to start feeling that your investment size is getting to become a good amount, especially if BTC might continue to appreciate in value between now and 2033 (10 years from now).
If an investor is accumulating a total amount of $10 per week and the investor keeps to the plans of accumulating that amount, that is a good idea because $10 per month is about $40 and if the investor continues, six months' time, will be a total of $240, then think about when the investor constantly maintains that strategy up to 1 year it's about $480 per year and some of these months have 5 weeks.
If an investor can buy a steady coin for $500 and continues, in just 1 year that investor will achieve up to 2 BTC before the year runs out.

Salahmu

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2023, 12:36:34 PM

If an investor is accumulating a total amount of $10 per week and the investor keeps to the plans of accumulating that amount, that is a good idea because $10 per month is about $40 and if the investor continues, six months' time, will be a total of $240.
You're right but is totally depends on what an investors earn on a monthly basis because if using that strategy there could be a possibility of getting yourself into trouble with the investment which can affect your capital at the long run, it doesn't matter how much funds you use for accumulation what should determine it is your monthly salary because there is no way you could advise someone that earns $100 on monthly basis to use $10 for investment on a weekly basis, because in no time he will ran out of funds and will be forced to sell of his investment so that's why every amount invested should be determined by your monthly salary which will allow you to be stable and confidence while accumulating Bitcoin

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
MINES 
PLINKO 
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
noormcs5

Activity: 2632
Merit: 613

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 03:12:25 PM

Who would say Bye Bye to Bitcoins for the Citibanks tokens  Cheesy

We should keep in mind that these influencers can shill any token if they are being given the price. We never know how much money Robert Kiyosaki got from Citibank to tweet from his account. A modern way of advertisement. Ahhh !!!

No matter who tweets what, we are here to Buy the DIP, and HODL!  BTC

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Su-asa

Can't go home alone.

View Profile
September 28, 2023, 04:20:09 PM

If an investor is accumulating a total amount of $10 per week and the investor keeps to the plans of accumulating that amount, that is a good idea because $10 per month is about $40 and if the investor continues, six months' time, will be a total of $240.
You're right but is totally depends on what an investors earn on a monthly basis because if using that strategy there could be a possibility of getting yourself into trouble with the investment which can affect your capital at the long run, it doesn't matter how much funds you use for accumulation what should determine it is your monthly salary because there is no way you could advise someone that earns $100 on monthly basis to use $10 for investment on a weekly basis, because in no time he will ran out of funds and will be forced to sell of his investment so that's why every amount invested should be determined by your monthly salary which will allow you to be stable and confidence while accumulating Bitcoin
A bachelor without no responsibilities can invest $10 weekly if his salary is a hundred boxes, because the so-called bachelor has nobody to care for rather than himself, although not everyone can do that but someone who's determine and very ready for the investment and has such plans, no matter the monthly salary, as long as he's not spending recklessly and not also a gambler, bro he can invest $10 weekly.

In some countries, a $10 bill is not a small amount of money, but in other countries it is a small amount of money earned, so both the salary the investor earns a month and the country he's from, matters a lot, like in my country, Nigeria, $100 is about #98 thousand and $10 is #9300 naira so in country like this receiving such amount by month end you can easily invest your $10 into Bitcoin, although the economy in Nigeria is hard but if you don't have any responsibilities, and you are being paid such amount by the end of the month you can invest $10 per week into Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 405 »
  Print  

Jump to: