Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:28:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 405 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77182 times)
justinlamode

Activity: 26
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 03:29:44 AM

Another DIP buying opportunity might be coming! I'm not sure how low, or if this correction continues to fall under $40,000, but buying some Bitcoin with any sort of discount should definitely be "greeted" with open arms. Don't miss the opportunity!
"I'm not sure how low" , this is the problem with buying the dip. The confusion, the anxiety, the FOMO and all manner of unrest are what make me so uncomfortable with buying the dips. You could buy $42,000 and price drop further to $40,000 and further to $38,000 and even more. In this case, which is the real dip and when will it stop going down? This seem complicated for those of us trying to have a hang of this.

Having learnt about the DCA method and how to apply same, I've concluded that it presents the answers to these troubles of contemplating when to buy, hence, the reason I have been using it to build my BTC asset. It could be slow as I have to wait for the time I set to buy again, but I noticed some level of discipline in me ever since I started. I'm calmer now, not in a rush and I spend more time doing other things rather than watching the chats. I must admit that the DCA method is great.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 03:53:15 AM
Merited by Yaunfitda (1)

We are not talking about those kinds of "taking profits" or figuring out when to take profits matters in this thread, and that is one of those concepts that traders try to impose upon you as if it were some kind of a prerequisite to figure out what your exit strategy is or is going to be.

Most likely if you have have an investment plan that is 4-10 years or more, then you may well can start to address those kind of taking profits matters or converting into other ways of managing your BTC holdings down the road.

And, sure there is nothing wrong with making sure that you are able to exit your investment if you were to need to exit, because no one should invest into anything if they have no way of exiting.. and surely one of the problems can be that there are ongoing attacks upon bitcoin, so that sometimes some of us might have gotten into bitcoin in certain kinds of ways that do not really allow us to get out in the same ways, including that exchanges lock up and close down and various other ways of getting out of BTC might end up drying up.. so it could be a bit concerning regarding knowing whihc kind of ways of liquidating bitcoin are going to be available by the time we enter into a stage where we are no longer accumulating, and we might want to trade and we might want to sell some or all. even though selling all does not seem like a great strategy either .. especially if someone might have spent 4-10 years or longer investing into bitcoin, so what would be the purpose of getting out?  to buy a lambo? or maybe some other purpose(s)?
Not stretching on the topic of selling DCA accumulated Bitcoin but considering there is always an exit point for every investors.

You must live in a small world, or you have been overly influenced by "trading" talking points.

People talk about building and passing down generational wealth, so that is not about exiting, but instead about building, accumulating and maintaining pristine assets.

If you build enough of them, then you either do not have to sell any of them, or the wealth generates other kinds of income and you live off the income from the other cashflows that are generated.  

Another possibility is to just skill off of the assets.   If you aim to get to $2 million in assets (which produces $80k per year of income or $6,666 per month), and then you get to $1 million, and then all of a sudden (within a year or two) bitcoin ends up 10x or even 50x, then all of a sudden you have 5x to 25x more than you need (which would be $33,333 per month to $166,650 per month)... so you can skim your assets at 4% per year and then have 5x to 25x more than you need in your income or may you decide not to skim that much, so your assets just build.  You do not have to sell them just because they appreciated in value a lot.  What are you going to buy with the assets that is better?  There is nothing that is better, so why fuck around with selling into some inferior asset or even consuming when you don't necessarily want to consume that much.  Of course, you will have discretion when you end up having 5x to 25x more than what you had aimed for.  I am not pointing out unrealistic scenarios, even if some folks have trouble holding through a 10x price rise, we had a 78x price rise from late 2015 (at $250-ish) to late 2017 at $19,666, and yeah the BTC price corrected back down to $3,124 so that the price appreciation might have ONLY have been considered to be 12x, but even at today's BTC prices of $41,200, the price appreciation still could be considered nearly 165x from 2015, so it is not unrealistic that someone might have even accumulated 200 BTC in 2015 with a mere $50k and then held onto most of his 200 BTC until now, or maybe he sold 50 BTC and he still has 150 BTC, so his $50k in terms of the remaining 150 BTC would still be valued over $6 million spot price and over $4.5 million if we use today's 200-week moving average price (which is right around $30,250).

so that sometimes some of us might have gotten into bitcoin in certain kinds of ways that do not really allow us to get out in the same ways, including that exchanges lock up and close down and various other ways of getting out of BTC might end up drying up..
It is not considered appropriate holding your investment on any exchange for a long time,

I am not talking about holding BTC on exchanges; however, I am talking about ways to get out of BTC.  If you own 150 BTC, but you have no place to sell them, then you might feel trapped.

yes the amount you DCA might be small to move to a hardware wallet or to your electrium wallet which is why after much accumulation then all your Bitcoin should be moved down there. These exchanges are easily compromised by hackers and their long continuity to exist can not even be sworn on.

You are talking about something other than what I was talking about.

[edited out]
With this proper explanation I just feel like going back to my book to look at things properly and prepare, cause at the end of the day I'm the one bearing the risk and if I don't have a good plan it might end up been too difficult for me and as much as I'll hate to admit I'm a little scared as a beginner just didn't want anyone to mock or talk down on it.

Usually the best way to deal with fear is position size, so if you are trying to be aggressive with your BTC investment, you still likely have to not be so aggressive that you end up feeling uncomfortable... so ONLY you are going to be able to figure out that balance or even how much you might not want to say to others since your investment is your choice, but yeah, sometimes you want to share things with others close to you too. I know that I was called stupid by a lot of nocoiners and low coiners for 2-3 years and even more than that, because even when my BTC investment became profitable, I was called stupid for not cashing out in the big price rise of 2017, for example, and the same was true in the big price rise in 2021, why not cash out.  So people are going to second guess you and you can even end up showing that the investment continues to go up, and they will still say it is dumb..and what happened in the past cannot also guarantee future performance that is even going to be close to past performance, but that still might go to getting comfortable with a position size... and maybe no matter what there is going to be some discomfort in regards to whether you put in enough or if you might have put in too much...and I am not sure how long it takes for those feelings to go away or to be sufficiently reduced.. maybe with such  a volatile asset such as bitcoin that is almost inevitably going to continue to be volatile, uneasy feelings will never go away completely, but they can be put into some kind of a comfortable place that surely feels better when you are in profits as compared with being in losses, and even Michael Saylor (and MSTR) was in losses in regards to his bitcoin investment (with an investment average that was in the upper $20k and in the lower $30ks, depending on when you assessed his holdings) for a decent amount of time between mid-2022 and late 2023.

[edited out]
If waiting for dips could cause panic to me than I think it would be better I divide that waiting money I a ratio of 60/40 where I'll use the 60% for instant lump sums since at the same time we are unable to conclude the short term moves of the market which could be with us or against us, then I'll add that 40% to my emergency funds and wait for major dips even if it would happen once or sometimes not even in a month. but at same time if I wait too long for dips without seeing them in a way I'll still be safe cause I've been accumulating  and it would only help build my emergency funds for even better buying opportunities.

I am not sure if I get exactly what you are saying, yet having a plan is very helpful and sometimes having some flexibility is helpful, too.  So yeah you can buy right away with some and then you can have some funds for buying on dip and also some funds that you add to your emergency fund, and once the emergency fund gets to a certain comfortable size, you likely would not need to keep adding to it, so then new money coming in would be able to dedicate to buying bitcoin DCA or holding for buying on dips.  I recall when I was having some cashflow problems in mid 2015, there were several times that I was getting some extra $20 or $100 or some other random amount, and so I had expenses, so usually when that money came in, then within a day, I would spend half of it on buying bitcoin (no matter when it was confirmed to come in, either hit my bank account or I would receive in cash), then then the other half would just go towards expenses, so at the end of the month or whenever my various expenses were coming due, I could reassess based on the half that was building up if I had anything left that I would be able to use for buying more bitcoin, otherwise that extra money would  just sit in my cash account an wait for various bills to come in and sometimes the certain bills would be expected to be a certain amount, and when they came in they might be more or less than expected, and some of the reserve funds would go to that if the bills were higher than expected, and if they were lower then expected then the money in that fund would be available for buying BTC... so yes, maybe you are saying something very similar, and after you practice such a thing several months, then you will get more used to what works for you and the ways that your cashflows are coming in.  My situation was different in 2015 than it had been in other times based on some problems that I had with a business partner at the time that caused me extensive uncertainties, expenses but then uncertainties in my cashflow too.

[edited out]
For now I think coming with a investment journal to properly track myself, it might seem a bit lame but I'm not very good with having numbers on my head,

Well use whatever you are able to use.  I do find Excel to be very powerful to keep track.

But you could come up with various paper versions, even though the problem might be that you have to continuously rewrite everything once you change a variable or two.  One good thing about excel is that you change one or two variables and then all of the numbers will be adjusted accordingly, so sometimes you can have several different variations of similar things that help you to figure out various scenarios and to incorporate them with copy and paste..and maybe just change a few of the variables and get a whole different set of numbers that you can compare scenarios.

I seriously don't want to bother myself about much calculations for now, since dca offers me safety even if price fluctuates as it likes, even if we have a bull run or a bear market what I should be more focused on now is to keep investing even if small amount while I'm building up emergency funds and bigger capital for my next month, since I'm giving a weekly approach for my dca , I'll wait till next month before I start adding lump sums, cause I love the emotional safety that dca gives me.

Nothing wrong with that... You should be at a point that you are comfortable anyhow.. so if you start out with $25 per week even though you could do $100 per week, you might feel more comfortable, and even if you have $1k available that you could lump sum, maybe you decide to just lump sum $200 at some point that you are ready and to hold the other $800 in reserves.

[edited out]
The approach your teaching is quite very professional cause I can see it involves some real documentation and futuristic thinking. Im really unskilled with creating senerios but I'll try as much as I can to adapt, even if I make little mistakes that makes me not to reach my intended yearly goal, but I think all for the better I'll learn. I'm putting my gain hopes on dca for now , lump sum and dip buys are just if I see opportunities. Until I really get a hang of the market I'll stick around dca.

You also know more about yourself if you invest 3 months and then 6 months and the 9 months and then a year.  So as you are investing, you get to know yourself better..   you get to know your balances, and you become more informed about your investment, especially if you are having some troubles with the theory sinking in, after you have some of your own experiences, then you have some stronger reference points in which to compare what you did and where you are at and what you might do into the future based on what you did and also where you are at that had hopefully changed, especially if you are reassessing a year or even several years down the road... Sometimes it can seem that the progress is taking place so slowly, especially in the beginning the amounts might seem so low... but if your holdings are growing then maybe it still seems that the amount that you are adding is so small compared to your total investment, but you also realize that if you spend years and years and years adding certain amounts, the total starts to build and even what you added might end up having some compounding effects later down the road.

[edited out]
Okay I was thinking my approach was wrong by having high expectations, cause my initial plan and capital at hand based on my calculations and my expectations beign meet I could be able to accumulate at least half a bitcoin this year of the price to remain in the range of 40k-50k but since I don't know what to expect, I wanted to work with the approach of the guy from example 8 where I'll invest like half the money I dca and half in strategies lump sum since I intend to lump sum at dips too, but all this are been calculated based on the market initials and we don't know what to expect from bitcoin this year.

It seems that we are potentially in an upward trend this year and next year, but sure that is not easy to know.  Probably the best that you can do is to project how much cash you are going to put into bitcoin rather than how much bitcoin that you will end up getting from that cash injection.

And with an Excel spreadsheet you could plot out the various kinds of scenarios in regards to your expected progress for this upcoming year, and 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and maybe additional years.  Of course, you can do it on paper too, but it also seems to be one of those kinds of things that is constantly adjusting, which is one of the powers of the Excel spreadsheet, so you could even have some projected percentages of how much cash you might plan to spend to get BTC and also how much BTC you expect to get from each of the purchases, so you could have today's prices, and so as the price changes, the projections would change. .. so some scenarios might be BTC prices going down and others with BTC prices going flat and others with BTC prices going up, but I think that the most realistic is the scenarios of BTC prices going down, and so you might have some parts of thses projections that you change every month or whatever in order to project the future based on ongoing updates.

I might be wrong and will gladly ascept any correction but I think their should be a time to invest and a time to begin taking profits, one step needs to be attained first before taking the other.
no one makes an investment without the intention of making profit, as a matter of fact, the reason why we are talking about the best way of investing in bitcoin is because we want to make profit out of our investment. It's not like any profit would be guaranteed if you don't invest in the first place.

Now talking about the best time to take off your investment is totally a personal situation because their are lots of factor that could lead one to stop holding on to his bitcoin which might include unplanned event or an opportunity that the individuals feels could give greater returns to his funds. But in an ideal process when all these factors are out of place, it's best to sell off your accumulation after the price of bitcoin has increased above the amount you bought it, using the DCA method puts you at an advantage while selling off your asset because it's almost 100% certain that you will sell it out in a price bigger than the one you bought it.

What you are saying sounds pretty dumb Hewlet.  What I mean is that we have an asset class that has a lot of power, and you are talking about selling merely because you are in profits, even though people who have been buying and holding bitcoin for 5 years, 8 years 10 years or longer have had varying amounts of additional profits because their BTC holdings have had opportunities to compound upon themselves several times, an the longer that they have been in BTC the more likely that they have older and older BTC that has compounded upon itself more and more.  If they cash out every cycle, then they may have missed various price spikes and lost out on opportunities to compound their BTC investment.

The reward for investment is profit right?

Have to be careful in terms of narrowing your goal down so much, since it may well be that investing should be giving you more financial and psychological freedom as well as options and security.

And many of us realized that even with the great performance of bitcoin, there can be periods in which we have to be careful about taking too many profits too soon and then we end up having way fewer bitcoin than we should have or could have had if we had been more patient to stick with a longer term mindset.

If you took profit once, or it is not a regular thing, then it is okay to take profit. Do not just make it a regular thing because that is where it will affect the profit you are supposed to make from DCaing which should be the increase of your portfolio. Also if you are to make a withdrawal from what you have been DCAing, try so that it is not a very big amount that affects or takes out amount of money equal to what you will DCA for like three weeks. What I mean is, if you must withdraw, there should be a limit to what you plan to withdraw from what you are DCAing.
We having been discussing about the DCAing accumulation process for some time now but haven't put into consideration on how to take profits.
I might be wrong and will gladly ascept any correction but I think their should be a time to invest and a time to begin taking profits, one step needs to be attained first before taking the other.
It is best to live the investment from your DCAing to mature after completing the budget reaching a significant price during the bull run it can also be from personal decision and the way we view the market.
Something I would like to add to your first line is that it talks about investing in the DCA method, and by DCA method we mean investing in Bitcoin. You say saving in DCA method is not actually saving in DCA method. Saving means the amount of money left after the end of every month or week after spending, the amount of money that a user keeps in his bank account or somewhere else, we consider it as savings, but investment is different. A saver does not have to base his investment on the price of a particular coin just as the price of a particular coin changes. By DCA investment method we mean investing with fixed amount of money in different phases of coins.

I think that savings and investing are similar things, and it is likely not a great thing to be quibbling about which is which.

Of course, with investing we might be more concerned about making sure that we are earning a return and less concerned about short term liquidity, but these are mere trade-offs, and there are a lot of things that we could invest into  and they have their differing attributes. but if we hone in on the topic of this thread, there might be a lot of us (or even newbies to bitcoin or even newbies to investing) in which it does not really matter so much what the difference might be between savings and investing because they well might be starting out with just balancing cash and bitcoin.. and each of them can be considered savings and investments because reaching the right kind of balance is going to have the cash serve as a way to help the bitcoin to continue to grown and not having to worry so much about if the bitcoin might be going up and down in value relative to the amount invested into it, but that if there might be consistencies in building and investment portfolio that might ONLY start out with two categories of assets/currencies (that is bitcoin and cash) then they are both serving as investment and savings, even though surely if the bitcoin is recognized and appreciated as the sounder of the monies, then there should be more efforts made to protect the BTC in terms of building it and spending it last.. and considering it in terms of longer time frames of storage of maybe even 4-10 years or longer.

So this where most of us here in this thread gets it's all wrong because emergency funds are savings that are might to bail us put of situations that would have cost us our investment rather it will only take your emergency funds instead of your investment, that is the core purpose of emergency funds.
but most of you don't really understand this fact, if you're preparing yourself for investment, your emergency fund should be a priority for you in order to survive all kind of waves including the life threatening issues that was supposed to cost you your investment. This emergency funds should not just be for a mere car repair issues or minor medical issues but contain both the funds that will probably drive you away from all kind of problem that will seek you to attempt with your investment.
it seems you are making a theoretical statement sir.
As much as it is necessary to set out modalities in place that will prevent is from torching our holdings in times of emergency, the reality is thatt emergency do happen and it's not everybody that always have what you are talking about here as emergency funds. As a matter of fact, investing in bitcoin is the emergency fund of some people and when they are able to sell off their holdings to solve a particular life problem, it actually gives them relieve that the made a reasonable investment that they were able to use in solving their problem.

In this circle of individuals that are investing in bitcoin are the rich, the average individuals and the poor and emergency fund is more associated with people that are rich. The poor or average individuals considers their investment ad their backup and this is why they get easily tense by any fluctuation in the price of bitcoin.

The mere fact that you are poor does not make it a good idea to use your investment as an emergency fund, and it is even more important to work towards creating an emergency fund so that there is not going to be any need to dip in to the bitcoin investment.

I will agree with you that it could be the case that a poor person might never be able to get out of poverty because he might not have enough disposable income to actually either build up an emergency fund or to be able to invest separately from the emergency fund.. so it is quite difficult for anyone to invest who has a very small discretionary income.. and so it will be difficult to get ahead, even in bitcoin if all that they are able to invest is $10 per month or even $10 per week.  I am not going to say to give up, but I am also not going to suggest that anyone should be using their investment as an emergency fund, otherwise they are not really taking enough measures to be able to invest and they are gambling rather than investing, and yeah, gambling can sometimes end up paying off, but it is not wise to gamble.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 05:20:20 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2024, 06:59:33 AM by Obim34

You must live in a small world, or you have been overly influenced by "trading" talking points.

People talk about building and passing down generational wealth, so that is not about exiting, but instead about building, accumulating and maintaining pristine assets.

If you build enough of them, then you either do not have to sell any of them, or the wealth generates other kinds of income and you live off the income from the other cashflows that are generated.  
Honestly JJG, I'm overwhelmed with your response. Your influence and guidance in my Bitcoin accumulation journey can be greatly felt. Just like a naivete I was thinking in every investment there is to be an exist from it but then I was wrong. You are more of an eye opener in this forum.

I am not talking about holding BTC on exchanges; however, I am talking about ways to get out of BTC.  If you own 150 BTC, but you have no place to sell them, then you might feel trapped.
Do we assume that stuff like this would ever happen, what becomes the possibility and cause if it might happen?

Publictalk792

Activity: 294
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2024, 06:08:23 AM

Honestly JJG, I'm overwhelmed with your response. Your influence and guidance in my Bitcoin accumulation journey can be greatly felt. Just like a naivete I was thinking in every investment there is to be an exist from it but then I was wrong. You are more of an eye opener in this forum.

Exactly! You are right I also read his posts carefully and he give more and more knowledge. I like his style of typing most precious thing is that he gives examples. With these examples we Understand that what is the point and what is he want to say.
He writes a point briefly which shows everything. I mostly see when anyone has a point or he/she is on wrong side JJG try to his best to teach him/her. I mostly visit his post history and chech what is he saying and why is he saying to get more knowledge from him. Smiley

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 07:11:34 AM

Exactly! You are right I also read his posts carefully and he give more and more knowledge. I like his style of typing most precious thing is that he gives examples. With these examples we Understand that what is the point and what is he want to say.
He writes a point briefly which shows everything. I mostly see when anyone has a point or he/she is on wrong side JJG try to his best to teach him/her. I mostly visit his post history and chech what is he saying and why is he saying to get more knowledge from him. Smiley
And it just shows how JayJuanGee is knowledgeable as far as Bitcoin investing is. This guy literally help us on how to manage our funds, like accumulating and building generational wealth. And it's not just for us though, sure we can be rich through our Bitcoin investments and it will make us feel great. But if we can built wealth today and then passed it on from generations to generations, then we can make their lives, the lives of our kids or even grandkids be better by doing some actions today, requires intentional financial planning, investment strategies, and a focus on creating a legacy that extends beyond the current generation. And with JJG helps and others well informed members here, asking for their guidance and sharing it and even correcting us from time to time so that we won't waste time, it's already a blessing being here in the community with this great mentor, in my opinion.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Hewlet

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 07:40:57 AM

Yes, for bitcoin investors looking to take advantage of the bull market, the current dip is indeed a great opportunity to jump in and buy. I tried checking on the exchange earlier, it turns out that Bitcoin has experienced a price decline again. Even though it's not very deep, this is the right moment to buy bitcoin. Although we don't yet know whether the price of bitcoin will fall further or not. But in my opinion, don't wait for prices to drop again. Because it could be that a few days later the price will rise again and it will be difficult to reach the price at the current point. Because as you said, the current price of bitcoin is difficult to predict. Therefore, it is better to take advantage of the existing momentum, rather than having to wait.

you know, I find this actually funny.

The mindset of a matured investor is quite different from that of average person out their and I guess that this is one of the big difference between the rich and the poor.

Do you know that their are people that would not want to invest into bitcoin at the moment because they might feel that bitcoin price is going down? But real investor knows that this is the perfect time to buy the DIP as the next thing that will certainly happen is a rise in the value of Bitcoin.  Talking about the if it is necessary to wait for the price of bitcoin to go down the more before buying, I guess it's the procrastination tendency that is at work here, how are you certain that the price of bitcoin would go down past this level? As long as it is certain that the value of bitcoin will go up past it current value now, then this is the perfect time to buy the DIP.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 163

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 07:51:21 AM

Another DIP buying opportunity might be coming! I'm not sure how low, or if this correction continues to fall under $40,000, but buying some Bitcoin with any sort of discount should definitely be "greeted" with open arms. Don't miss the opportunity!

Buy the DIP, and HODL!
Since I've been accumulating my Bitcoin for a long term, I'm not worried about the recent dip in Bitcoin price. I'm happy because I will seize this opportunity to continue accumulating more Bitcoin at a low price. I hope this dip will last for a week so that I can use the money I kept to buy Bitcoin when there is a dip to accumulate more Bitcoin.

ThemePen

Activity: 756
Merit: 673

I stand with Palestine.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2024, 08:17:09 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Buy the DIP, and HODL!
Since I've been accumulating my Bitcoin for a long term, I'm not worried about the recent dip in Bitcoin price. I'm happy because I will seize this opportunity to continue accumulating more Bitcoin at a low price. I hope this dip will last for a week so that I can use the money I kept to buy Bitcoin when there is a dip to accumulate more Bitcoin.
It is good idea  to have a longterm plan and not let small changes in the price affect your decisions. By doing this you can take advantage of the market and maybe get more Bitcoin. But it is important to know that it is hard to predict how long the price will stay low. It would be great if it stayed low for a week but the cryptocurrency market is always changing. It is good that you are optimistic and taking action to get more Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Promocodeudo

Activity: 378
Merit: 184

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2024, 09:30:19 AM

Volatile nature of Bitcoin is a big issue even for long time investment, it makes both the new investors who's intention is to learn more in the process and the old investors to experience or maximize FOMO and the fear of doubt and uncertainty Which are very common to investors, volatility should only be seen are a characteristic of Bitcoin to encourage investors not to sell but to hold and accumulate even more regardless the nature of the volatility which has made some investors to sell their investment.
Volatility is mainly a problem for short term investors because long time investment does not require you to be looking at the price of Bitcoin regularly. If I start buying Bitcoin today and set my mind that my investment will be held for at least 7years, why will I shake when the price drop sharply? Of course those buying at the dips might FOMO a little when there is market drop, because they will be contemplating the right entry point, but those that are using stable process like DCA are not bothered at all because whether price drop or not, they already set aside some part of money to be invested in Bitcoin at a certain time they have already planned irrespective of the price.

For those who are worried about the volatile nature of Bitcoin, the DCA method is highly recommended as the advantages are enormous. Not only this, there are many other advantages that the DCA method have which is the reason it dominate the discussion here. Many people are already applying it and you can see the testimonies by simply scrolling through the discussion.

Your statement is in the right direction, short-term investors always shivers when there is dip in price, but the fall to understand that it is a good opportunity to also buy at this time, bitcoin was meant to be like this, that's why the long-term investor or holldlers as they are called always try as much as possible not to discouraged because of price fall because they have already stationed their mind the long run, so they are not distraction with either speculation or price fall.

Individuals should understand bitcoin before investing in it because bitcoin is not get rich fast stuff, the price is been determine by market force, influx of people that have chosen to be part of the it, many investment plan has been rolled out for everyone to be among, I don't think anyone have any excuse to be exempted but we most not come in with pressure because if we do we will be disappointed, the best action to take is to continue accumulating gradually so that you won't be tempted to withdraw your investment, this method will allow someone to divide his or her funds, use part of it to settle some needs and the other one for continuous accumulation with this pattern you won't have an issue.

Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1825

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 09:36:30 AM

It doesn't truly matter if you bought the DIP and the DIP goes lower. What matters is bidding Bitcoin at $41,000 is better than bidding it at $45,000. You get a discount, you are a little more efficient with your capital, and you'll probably  HODL more units of Bitcoin through looking for discounts. HODLing more units = Definitely MORE value in your wallet when the asset surges.

Buy the DIP, and HODL because there's an increasing number of HODLers who have HODLed Bitcoin for more than one year. They are front-running you and it's in an all time high.

https://www.lookintobitcoin.com/charts/1-year-hodl-wave/

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Fara Chan

Activity: 1288
Merit: 516

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 09:45:26 AM

The recent price drop is indeed very important to take advantage of, especially for those who are trying to collect more Bitcoin at $41K. Because I think the current decline will not last too long in Bitcoin because there are still some good influences for the next price increase this month even though it happens more slowly. However, I believe that the price decline will not be that long in Bitcoin, because the influence of the large number of buyers can also be a real factor in the next price increase which will make the market turn green again this month.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Patrol69

Activity: 546
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 12:58:06 PM
Merited by Outhue (3), Littlemini (3), JayJuanGee (1), Negotiation (1)

Buy the DIP, and HODL!
The market is now at $41000 but there are many investors who are waiting for the market to come below $40K. If investors pledge to come below 40k then they might miss out on investing now. The market broke out of the barrier of $41K and went down, but the market did not last long, and soon the market went back above $41K. There isn't much difference between $40K and $41K when it comes to long-term investing. If a person invests one bitcoin the dollar difference will be one thousand dollars but most investors will not invest one btc at the same time. If under $40k is a good time to invest then I would say $41k is not a bad time to invest either.  Investors invested $30K $40K and a maximum of $48K.  

Investors have invested step by step but no one has done wrong by investing. Those who bought bitcoins during relatively high prices will probably sell bitcoins at relatively high prices, there will be demand to sell as much as to buy. Those who are waiting for the investment of forty thousand dollars can invest according to the current market if they want. I hope that your investment opportunity will not be missed.

It wasn't like that for me to begin with:
Let's say I have a $1000 reserve fund, it will remain undisturbed until I need it again in another emergency.
When you start investing, you will start from scratch, no need to take $300 from the reserve fund.
Let's say I start again from $20/$50/$100 per week/month depending on income, well then this will be more for me practically this investment will continue to grow while I still continue to do DCA all the time so the emergency fund remains safe while the investment is still running until now.

When there is already a reserve fund, you will feel very safe when other things are needed, now it only remains for you to play how aggressive the level of DCA is every week it also depends on you managing it well if 30% of the monthly salary is invested in bitcoin I think it is more than enough while the rest you can use in your expenses even you can add 5% to the reserve fund, but for me it is enough if the emergency fund is enough to last for 6 months.
Reserve money means not spending that money all the time and spending that money for extra needs. Amount of money for investment is different and reserve currency is different. The investor will use the reserve currency when he is unable to invest regularly. For example, an investor is regularly investing $50 or $100 every week or every month, but due to excessive demand for money, it is not possible for that investor to invest that amount of money at that time every month or week, then that investor will get the benefit of investing by using money from his reserve. Thus, after investing from the reserve currency, when the additional financial needs of the investor are met, he can make up the amount that he used for investment from his reserve currency later.  

Although most investors do not keep reserves in their investments, it is definitely necessary in their investments. If you suddenly stop investing after investing for a few days, then you no longer have the same mindset to invest later. That is why it is very important to keep money in reserve so that the investment mindset is maintained properly and if you keep a reserve, the investment will definitely be much stronger.
FinePoine0

Activity: 378
Merit: 122

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 01:38:41 PM

The recent price drop is indeed very important to take advantage of, especially for those who are trying to collect more Bitcoin at $41K. Because I think the current decline will not last too long in Bitcoin because there are still some good influences for the next price increase this month even though it happens more slowly. However, I believe that the price decline will not be that long in Bitcoin, because the influence of the large number of buyers can also be a real factor in the next price increase which will make the market turn green again this month.

Here we will hold Bitcoin for the long term, here we will determine the price by following the DCA method of investing for the long term. If we buy bitcoin at current price of 41k, again if bitcoin price is 44k we will buy here as usual. We will average between these two prices and thus save our investment. We never think of short term investment, more long term investment the more we can grow wealth. Evolve your thinking, ditch short-term investments, and embrace long-term investments.

Fuso.hp

Activity: 448
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 01:58:34 PM

Buy the DIP, and HODL!
That means you have held your investment for a long time and you are a consistent investor. Currently the price of Bitcoin is falling then you are not excited but you are happy that you will get an opportunity to invest more amount of money at a comparatively lower price. You can consider such investment method as DCA investment method. Where other investors get excited after investing why their investment is losing, you are not worried about the loss but you are trying to take advantage of this period as well. If you have enough financial support, you must take advantage of these opportunities. If your investment does not have a fixed target, you can set a fixed target for your investment. A specific target is how consistently you will invest and how long you will hold your investment. If the target is fixed in advance, it will be easier for you to invest regularly and it will be easier to hold your investment for a long time. Actions without a plan are usually haphazard, so if you don't have a plan for your investments, make a proper plan.  

As construction of any big architecture requires planning in advance and long term investment is not less than any big architecture so here we should have proper and permanent planning.

Buy the DIP, and HODL!
It is good idea  to have a longterm plan and not let small changes in the price affect your decisions. By doing this you can take advantage of the market and maybe get more Bitcoin. But it is important to know that it is hard to predict how long the price will stay low. It would be great if it stayed low for a week but the cryptocurrency market is always changing. It is good that you are optimistic and taking action to get more Bitcoin.
The investor is asked to take risk in investing as the price cannot be determined in advance. It is difficult to tell whether the price will be positive or negative throughout the week. But I agree with what you said first that one shouldn't get excited over small price changes. If there is a positive change in the value of the coin after investing, then it is good, but even if there is a negative change, it is not bad at all, but should we take that negative change as an opportunity. For example, when the price of Bitcoin was 40 thousand dollars, I invested in one step and later the market fell to 38 thousand dollars and if it is possible to invest at that time, then it is investing in some difference in price. As a result of investing in this way, if the market goes to 42 thousand dollars, but the amount of profit will be relatively high.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2024, 03:45:39 PM

The recent price drop is indeed very important to take advantage of, especially for those who are trying to collect more Bitcoin at $41K. Because I think the current decline will not last too long in Bitcoin because there are still some good influences for the next price increase this month even though it happens more slowly.
actually with the Bitcoin ranging between $40, 854 and $45k is actually the right moment to take advantage of this great opportunity by starting accumulating immediate because if you can remember sometime ago when the Bitcoin was moving similarly as what is doing now such as ranging between $22k to $26k and most investors refuses to take advantage of the price thinking it will drop more before they could start buying and before they realizes themselves Bitcoin has moved to $30k and they were still thinking it will fall until they saw Bitcoin at $45k+ that's when they no that they actually missed a good buying opportunity, however is not actually late for them to start accumulating Bitcoin because it has presented another buying opportunity for them because it has falling from $45k down to $40,854 now so perhaps they should stop expecting more dip and start buying because there is every chances that the next move of Bitcoin will actually be positive one and also considering the upcoming halving there is a great possibility of Bitcoin surpasses the All-time high and creating another one, so let's stop waiting for dip before accumulating.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Queentoshi

Activity: 742
Merit: 308

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 04:10:06 PM

actually with the Bitcoin ranging between $40, 854 and $45k is actually the right moment to take advantage of this great opportunity by starting accumulating immediate because if you can remember sometime ago when the Bitcoin was moving similarly as what is doing now such as ranging between $22k to $26k and most investors refuses to take advantage of the price thinking it will drop more before they could start buying and before they realizes themselves Bitcoin has moved to $30k and they were still thinking it will fall until they saw Bitcoin at $45k+ that's when they no that they actually missed a good buying opportunity, however is not actually late for them to start accumulating Bitcoin because it has presented another buying opportunity for them because it has falling from $45k down to $40,854 now so perhaps they should stop expecting more dip and start buying because there is every chances that the next move of Bitcoin will actually be positive one and also considering the upcoming halving there is a great possibility of Bitcoin surpasses the All-time high and creating another one, so let's stop waiting for dip before accumulating.
Any new investor to Bitcoin who would like to invest right now while the price is at $40,000 and above, and the person is financially capable will have to show extra commitment by dedicating a higher amount of money to DCA so they can catch up with the number of people that have already invested. Waiting for a dip means wasting more time when you are already not early, and that is not wise. With the consistent strategy of DCA, you will not need to care so much about the price of bitcoins before you invest.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 04:18:50 PM

And it just shows how JayJuanGee is knowledgeable as far as Bitcoin investing is. This guy literally help us on how to manage our funds, like accumulating and building generational wealth. And it's not just for us though, sure we can be rich through our Bitcoin investments and it will make us feel great. But if we can built wealth today and then passed it on from generations to generations, then we can make their lives, the lives of our kids or even grandkids be better by doing some actions today, requires intentional financial planning, investment strategies, and a focus on creating a legacy that extends beyond the current generation. And with JJG helps and others well informed members here, asking for their guidance and sharing it and even correcting us from time to time so that we won't waste time, it's already a blessing being here in the community with this great mentor, in my opinion.

That is an interesting point about building legacy and/or wanting to pass down wealth versus figuring out ways to use the wealth by the end of our life times.  Surely there are some people who have clear targets, such as heirs or even a legacy in which wealth is passed down, but sometimes even rich people might have limits in terms of how much wealth they would like to pass down to their children, because they are concerned about their children's ability to build character and not to take their wealth for granted.

There are also surely some people who want to try to consume all of their wealth, but they want to also live a good life while they are still alive, so a goal may well be to NOT outlive your wealth and/or to try to use it all but still have plenty until the end.  Those seem to be difficult to achieve balances, so many folks who actually become somewhat wealthy who fear outliving their wealth end up erroring on the side of maintaining a decently -sized financial cushion so that they never have to live in poverty - yet since death cannot exactly be timed, they may frequently end up kicking the bucket prior to being able to use the wealth... but I am not going to suggest all cases end up in that kind of way because any of us likely would have to have a lot of wealth in order to be able to pay for some of the health care expenses that exist in places like the USA .. so I would imagine that those who do not end up with those kinds of medical expenses towards the end of their lives end up having a greater financial cushion when they end  up dying because part of the reason that they keep the extra financial cushion is to prepare for some of that unknown end of life medical expenses situation.

Which then also might bring us back to BTC, and wouldn't it seem crazy to have large portions of your wealth in BTC if you are potentially needing a lot of liquidity within less than a 4-year period, and bitcoin has not been around long enough to really reach a lot of the cases in which already old people have been investing into it, so anyone who might initially be investing into bitcoin might not want to completely eliminate bitcoin from their investment portfolio, even if they might not be able to guarantee less than a 4-year investment timeline, but they should be reducing rather than increasing their BTC exposure amount if they are not sure about how liquid that they might need to be within less than a 4-year timeline..... so anyone who might be in his late 60s, 70s, or later, or someone who has health conditions that leave uncertain his ability to live without great expenses, he might have to be more modest in his BTC investment, even though he might get lucky and not end up needing his BTC investment within the next 4 years or longer.

Buy the DIP, and HODL!

That is the thing about the dip and the length of time of the dip, we cannot know how far it will go or how long it will last.

Buy the DIP, and HODL!
The market is now at $41000 but there are many investors who are waiting for the market to come below $40K. If investors pledge to come below 40k then they might miss out on investing now. The market broke out of the barrier of $41K and went down, but the market did not last long, and soon the market went back above $41K. There isn't much difference between $40K and $41K when it comes to long-term investing. If a person invests one bitcoin the dollar difference will be one thousand dollars but most investors will not invest one btc at the same time. If under $40k is a good time to invest then I would say $41k is not a bad time to invest either.  Investors invested $30K $40K and a maximum of $48K.

You have already addressed your own dilemma that you set forth in terms of people do not tend to buy 1 BTC at a time, even though so many people commit the error or thinking in terms of whole bitcoin units...so maybe it is difficult to blame you for an error that so many folks make, especially bitcoin newbies.  Maybe the longer that any of us are in bitcoin, the more that we get used to some of the ideas of thinking in terms of a fraction of a bitcoin, and of course another solution is to talk in terms of satoshis, but even in bitcoin-related circles like this here particular thread, there are not very many instance in which we are even talking in terms of satoshis.. even though satoshis might be easier in terms of it being at least positive numbers rather than various numbers of decimal places... so maybe even if we were talking about bitcoin, we might refer to a real large investment into bitcoin being 0.25 BTC or more at a time (which is right around $10k), or more realistically maybe we would move the decimal place to be talking about 0.025 BTC or 0.0025 BTC, which would be right around $1,000 and $100 respectively.

Investors have invested step by step but no one has done wrong by investing. Those who bought bitcoins during relatively high prices will probably sell bitcoins at relatively high prices, there will be demand to sell as much as to buy. Those who are waiting for the investment of forty thousand dollars can invest according to the current market if they want. I hope that your investment opportunity will not be missed.
It wasn't like that for me to begin with:
Let's say I have a $1000 reserve fund, it will remain undisturbed until I need it again in another emergency.
When you start investing, you will start from scratch, no need to take $300 from the reserve fund.
Let's say I start again from $20/$50/$100 per week/month depending on income, well then this will be more for me practically this investment will continue to grow while I still continue to do DCA all the time so the emergency fund remains safe while the investment is still running until now.

When there is already a reserve fund, you will feel very safe when other things are needed, now it only remains for you to play how aggressive the level of DCA is every week it also depends on you managing it well if 30% of the monthly salary is invested in bitcoin I think it is more than enough while the rest you can use in your expenses even you can add 5% to the reserve fund, but for me it is enough if the emergency fund is enough to last for 6 months.
Reserve money means not spending that money all the time and spending that money for extra needs. Amount of money for investment is different and reserve currency is different. The investor will use the reserve currency when he is unable to invest regularly. For example, an investor is regularly investing $50 or $100 every week or every month, but due to excessive demand for money, it is not possible for that investor to invest that amount of money at that time every month or week, then that investor will get the benefit of investing by using money from his reserve. Thus, after investing from the reserve currency, when the additional financial needs of the investor are met, he can make up the amount that he used for investment from his reserve currency later.  

Although most investors do not keep reserves in their investments, it is definitely necessary in their investments. If you suddenly stop investing after investing for a few days, then you no longer have the same mindset to invest later. That is why it is very important to keep money in reserve so that the investment mindset is maintained properly and if you keep a reserve, the investment will definitely be much stronger.

These are good points about the potential of having a reserve fund that ideally should be separate from your emergency fund, and so in times like these, we can see why there is some power in having a reserve fund - whether it is used for buying BTC dips or if it is used merely to have some psychological comfort that you have some extra money available, even if the BTC price has so far dropped in the ballpark of greater than 20% from its latest local top of $49,048 on January 11th.   

Again, how much of dip are we going to get, and how long it will last is still to be determined, and so it is way better to have a problem in regards to how to use the reserve fund that we have already created rather than either not having one, or having a deficiently-sized one, so for example if we have a $1.6k per month income, a weekly DCA of $100 per week, an emergency fund that is $6k (6 months assuming $1k per month of expenses), and we have another $1.6k in a reserve fund, we might already have some ideas about how we are going to spend our reserve fund or how much of it we are going to use at certain BTC price dips, but we still might play it by ear in terms of if we might not have any exact plan for how to spend the reserve fund yet our emergency fund is also robust... and maybe if we are still thinking about the matter, then we just continue with our weekly DCA.and maybe we throw in a bit extra from our reserve fund to double or weekly DCA so that we are not necessarily using it all at once while we are contemplating whether we might want to lump sum some additional purchases or if we just maybe act more incrementally in terms of the changes that we make.. including considering that what we do may well have to do with our already preparations with our own place in regards to the 9 individualized factors.

The recent price drop is indeed very important to take advantage of, especially for those who are trying to collect more Bitcoin at $41K. Because I think the current decline will not last too long in Bitcoin because there are still some good influences for the next price increase this month even though it happens more slowly.

Let's go back to the person who had already created both an emergency fund of 6 months and a reserve fund of $1.6k.  He may already have an agenda because in the process of building an emergency fund and a reserve fund, he might have had some ideas about how he might use the reserve fund, so it is quite possible, that he already started buying BTC with his reserve fund at $45k or something like that, so maybe every $1,500 the BTC price drops, he buys another $100, so if he had $1.6k, then he would have 16 possible buy orders at $100 per buy order, and of course, there are a variety of other kinds of ways to divide the reserve fund, including considering that using it at various triggering points might take time to play out, and maybe he is earning money at the same time, so some of the money of the reserve fund might get replenished depending on how long it might take for a dip to play out, whether he gets paid weekly, twice a month, monthly or some other intervals.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Frankolala

Activity: 700
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 04:23:24 PM

"I'm not sure how low" , this is the problem with buying the dip. The confusion, the anxiety, the FOMO and all manner of unrest are what make me so uncomfortable with buying the dips. You could buy $42,000 and price drop further to $40,000 and further to $38,000 and even more. In this case, which is the real dip and when will it stop going down? This seem complicated for those of us trying to have a hang of this.
Buying at the dip is a good way to buy bitcoin in discount and you will get more profit, the moment bitcoin price surges high. This is why an investor needs to make a proper plan and prepare himself to buy at the dip and even when the price is up. This is done by placing a buy order for you to follow when bitcoin price goes up or down. For instance, you can say that if bitcoin price is $41k, you buy $150 and if it falls to $40k-$39k, you buy $200 worth of bitcoin. In this way you can also reduce your buy order when the price is increasing as so on. However everybody can sort out how to go about this based on their own situation.

Buying at the dip can also be done by saving any extra money that you have unexpectedly, like bonuses from work or traveling allowance e.t.c, so that when the dip comes, you can take advantage of it. Another way is that if you are DCAing $100 weekly, you can cut it to $70, and save $30 for buying at the dip. As a newbie in your early stage of accumulation, it is better to continue with DCA, and as time goes on when you have the strong believe on bitcoin, you can set a strategy that will enable to have the opportunity to buy at the dip, lump sum along side with your regular weekly or monthly DCA.

This is the opportunity to buy bitcoin aggressively, if you have the money but don't overdo it so that it doesn't affect you later when you go and tamper with your emergency funds.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Franctoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 04:27:10 PM

Buy the DIP, and HODL!
The 40k price level has been tested for several times, and the more often the price kisses or visits a support or resistance level, the weaker the level becomes, so I think we have right now another great opportunity to buy more Bitcoin, So, I have set some market orders way down to $38k should the price continues to dip down because $38k is another important level of support for the Bulls to fight, to try to push the price back up to continue the trend.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
MusaPk

Activity: 630
Merit: 196

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2024, 05:14:06 PM

The 40k price level has been tested for several times, and the more often the price kisses or visits a support or resistance level, the weaker the level becomes, so I think we have right now another great opportunity to buy more Bitcoin, So, I have set some market orders way down to $38k should the price continues to dip down because $38k is another important level of support for the Bulls to fight, to try to push the price back up to continue the trend.

There was so much hype in the market that ETFs are coming and we will see new ATH in 2024. The ETFs till now fail to have any major impact on Bitcoin price. I am one of those who were not much interested in ETFs because they are not part of the decentralisation concept proposed by Satoshi.
This thread is about buy the DIP and HODL. So its best time to buy as we have a dip. What we have seen so far in this thread is that price will go up and down, we have to define a strategy by which we will be accumulating our bitcoins. The best is to go with DCA manner and keep accumulating. If you are accumulating for long term then such pumps and dumps wont affect you.

Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 405 »
  Print  

Jump to: