Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:41:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 405 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77279 times)
Out of mind

Activity: 448
Merit: 216

I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 03:56:03 AM

trading is actually good when it comes to making short term profiting, but not everyone can just dive into trading just like that without any proper proper researching or risk management. You need time to learn more about trading before diving into it, while holding on the other hand don't actually require such skills or time. You just need to make research on the right coin to hold but bitcoin as made that easy because is the best coin, especially when it's comes to holding (long-term investment) is not as risky as other coins. I do trade but still prefer holding.
Bitcoin is the most popular among the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin is now known by people all over the world. Bitcoin is slowly gaining ground among people all over the world. We will be wrong to compare it with other coin trading. Because I know, investing in Bitcoin is completely safe.  But to invest in Bitcoin you have to wait a long time to get profit after investing. So far I have never faced any loss by investing in Bitcoin and hope not in the future. To me Bitcoin is very popular and I believe in Bitcoin that's why I invest in Bitcoin most of the time.
Bitcoin will continue to become popular and also grow as time goes by and those who don't know about it will soon find out, and those who doubt or don't believe in Bitcoin will soon believe in it. Because they became aware after seeing more and more people getting involved with Bitcoin and also more and more people getting benefits from Bitcoin.
And I don't think there's any risk with Bitcoin if you treat it for the long term, because you're just doing the best of two things. Buy when Bitcoin prices fall and hold for the long term, or you do a DCA strategy for the long term. and both will only sell when the price of Bitcoin is very high or reaches ATH and not sell when it is down, or only make small profits. So it all depends on you, because Bitcoin is the best and also profitable for those who do it for the long term.
Those who still don't know anything about Bitcoin will definitely learn about Bitcoin in hopes of making money, but those who don't believe in Bitcoin can never trust Bitcoin. You will plan to invest in Bitcoin only when you are interested in learning about Bitcoin, and only when you have money will you be interested in investing. If you're into cryptocurrency, you must invest in Bitcoin sooner rather than later. By investing in bitcoins, people are getting many benefits, especially becoming more financially independent and able to earn huge amount of money just by holding the investment. Anyway, if you invest in Bitcoin it is not risky at all, but it will support you financially to hold for long term. If you invest in Bitcoin using DCA then you will surely have constant profit, it will save you from loss all the time. If you are investing for profit then you should always adopt DCA as it will prolong your profit and minimize losses.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 07:20:09 AM

That is called consolidation, and sure maybe you might "feel" that we are going sideways for 1-2 weeks, but what is the basis for your feelings merely beyond just feeling such?  There is a lot that could happen in a short time, especially if there is a lot of money being juggled around in the bitcoin space, and sure maybe it will just neutralize itself, but who knows.  There is still potential for explosive moves or even gradual moves up or down, and none of that would be considered to be a 1-2 week consolidation as you are proclaiming to currently "feel."  

So what are you personally doing to prepare?  Are you already prepared for any possible direction?  Or you are ONLY prepared for sideways in the coming week or two?

The problems with Bitcoin are that even if we want to, we can't make any accurate predictions, I'm not 100% sure that Bitcoin won't go down further to correct. However, looking at all the past behavior, it can be seen that Bitcoin is most likely to go to the upside. Yes, when a lot of money will be invested together at any moment in the market, one must be prepared for any new situation.

I agree with you that, it can go into more serious actions than time(I don't know how much correction %). uptrend is continuing...

Actually that's not a problem but rather a question to be solve since if people just have good thought's and willing to learn a lot of things from its movement from day by day basis for sure they might get an idea on what will be the possible movement next to happen especially if they have tools/charts that they are reading or they are following certain events happening. We are not sure about if it will go down at current price but what's important there is we are prepare for something possibilities like that to happen and ready to accumulate since that is the best part especially if you are doing some strategy that has been mentioned for so many times in this thread.

But for sure after this correction happen we can see those good pump since halving hype still alive.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Miles2006

Activity: 238
Merit: 149

Cashback 15%

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 10:18:25 AM
Merited by Ndabagi01 (1)

Bitcoin is the most popular among the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin is now known by people all over the world. Bitcoin is slowly gaining ground among people all over the world. We will be wrong to compare it with other coin trading. Because I know, investing in Bitcoin is completely safe.  But to invest in Bitcoin you have to wait a long time to get profit after investing. So far I have never faced any loss by investing in Bitcoin and hope not in the future. To me Bitcoin is very popular and I believe in Bitcoin that's why I invest in Bitcoin most of the time.
Exactly that what am talking about investing in bitcoin is stress free compare to others coin,  bitcoin is truly a beauty bitcoin could be on its lowest but just in a short period of time boom!!! Is already at the top  Grin beating it's recent prices. While some coin may dip and would take them years to bounce back while some may even end up not able to bounce bank from the dip. Those days my confidence in investment where pretty low due to the poor knowledge I have about it. Now bitcoin has help in boosting my confidence.😌 That why in bitcoin you don't only invest your funds in it you got to invest your time In it also.

Both of you are talking as if bitcoin is guaranteed.. and sure you may end up being right about bitcoin going up and being the best of investments, but still your way of talking seems both strange and dangerous.. even though surely people do get excited in those kind of ways about bitcoin..but still it seems misleading and maybe not evven healthy to be thinking or talking about bitcoin as if it were guaranteed.
I think I know what they're trying to say and comparing bitcoin with other altcoins then bitcoin will surpass other altcoins, although the informations we get about bitcoin sounds too exciting and I can testify to that cause the first time I heard about bitcoin was during the bull market and people just keep talking about bitcoin but I never listened, we still hear same hype about altcoins but it still doesn't guarantee any profit, have heard a lot of people hyping altcoins and after the hype people end up with regret, like what people will say bitcoin is the best no doubt but if failure to invest properly then there's no profit, just like people who use huge sum of amount to buy without understanding the market first sounds funny, after all this they'll sell without any profit cause they can't wait for another ATH. What I'm trying to say bitcoin also has risk mostly for newly investors but learning can always be of help, I don't think anyone should leave bitcoin and focus on altcoins cause both coins can't even compete so it's best to invest properly with bitcoin.

I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 155

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 10:36:34 AM

Bitcoin is the most popular among the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin is now known by people all over the world. Bitcoin is slowly gaining ground among people all over the world. We will be wrong to compare it with other coin trading. Because I know, investing in Bitcoin is completely safe.  But to invest in Bitcoin you have to wait a long time to get profit after investing. So far I have never faced any loss by investing in Bitcoin and hope not in the future. To me Bitcoin is very popular and I believe in Bitcoin that's why I invest in Bitcoin most of the time.
Exactly that what am talking about investing in bitcoin is stress free compare to others coin,  bitcoin is truly a beauty bitcoin could be on its lowest but just in a short period of time boom!!! Is already at the top  Grin beating it's recent prices. While some coin may dip and would take them years to bounce back while some may even end up not able to bounce bank from the dip. Those days my confidence in investment where pretty low due to the poor knowledge I have about it. Now bitcoin has help in boosting my confidence.😌 That why in bitcoin you don't only invest your funds in it you got to invest your time In it also.

Both of you are talking as if bitcoin is guaranteed.. and sure you may end up being right about bitcoin going up and being the best of investments, but still your way of talking seems both strange and dangerous.. even though surely people do get excited in those kind of ways about bitcoin..but still it seems misleading and maybe not evven healthy to be thinking or talking about bitcoin as if it were guaranteed.
I think I know what they're trying to say and comparing bitcoin with other altcoins then bitcoin will surpass other altcoins, although the informations we get about bitcoin sounds too exciting and I can testify to that cause the first time I heard about bitcoin was during the bull market and people just keep talking about bitcoin but I never listened, we still hear same hype about altcoins but it still doesn't guarantee any profit, have heard a lot of people hyping altcoins and after the hype people end up with regret, like what people will say bitcoin is the best no doubt but if failure to invest properly then there's no profit, just like people who use huge sum of amount to buy without understanding the market first sounds funny, after all this they'll sell without any profit cause they can't wait for another ATH. What I'm trying to say bitcoin also has risk mostly for newly investors but learning can always be of help, I don't think anyone should leave bitcoin and focus on altcoins cause both coins can't even compete so it's best to invest properly with bitcoin.
There's no investment without any risks attached to it, managing the risks depends on the investors, like you said most people invest carelessly without understanding the market and all that, but that happening in bitcoin the chances is low. As long you can develop the habit of long-term investment. Alot of people bought bitcoin back then when bitcoin created the ATH of the price range of $60k. But still didn't sell even when bitcoin experience a great dip back then but they keep holding and using the DCA method to keep buying the dip  now the price range is $40k they would be in great profits now due to the DCA strategies. While about comparing bitcoin to other altcoins bitcoin has already surpass them all though they are still good altcoins you could invest on.

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 10:48:18 AM

That is called consolidation, and sure maybe you might "feel" that we are going sideways for 1-2 weeks, but what is the basis for your feelings merely beyond just feeling such?  There is a lot that could happen in a short time, especially if there is a lot of money being juggled around in the bitcoin space, and sure maybe it will just neutralize itself, but who knows.  There is still potential for explosive moves or even gradual moves up or down, and none of that would be considered to be a 1-2 week consolidation as you are proclaiming to currently "feel."  

So what are you personally doing to prepare?  Are you already prepared for any possible direction?  Or you are ONLY prepared for sideways in the coming week or two?
Not sure about preparing, but in any case, it will still be accumulation for me, no matter what, and that is to be on the safe side. Consolidation for me is ranges, it could either be a breakout run above the upper boundary of the consolidation pattern or going lower boundary. So in any case, it could still be a win-win if we step aside our emotions, and if we see consolation, the easiest way for us is to continue to buy again. If it goes down, then continue to do and it by chance there is a break out run this we could make a small but still good profits in short term.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Miles2006

Activity: 238
Merit: 149

Cashback 15%

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 11:51:43 AM
Merited by Ndabagi01 (1)

There's no investment without any risks attached to it, managing the risks depends on the investors, like you said most people invest carelessly without understanding the market and all that, but that happening in bitcoin the chances is low. As long you can develop the habit of long-term investment. Alot of people bought bitcoin back then when bitcoin created the ATH of the price range of $60k. But still didn't sell even when bitcoin experience a great dip back then but they keep holding and using the DCA method to keep buying the dip  now the price range is $40k they would be in great profits now due to the DCA strategies. While about comparing bitcoin to other altcoins bitcoin has already surpass them all though they are still good altcoins you could invest on.
What's the point of a long term investment if you lack the knowledge, comparing your idea with investors who hold till date using the DCA strategy sounds funny, you should have your own target and I believe those investors had plans and they foresee what the market will be like, this is the main point every investor should key on when dealing with bitcoin investment, you should be able to wait and exercise patience when investing. Everyone knows the best investment for long term is bitcoin so you can't just hold any altcoin for long term thinking you'll make profit. I don't know if you understand my point but the fact here is not everyone can invest for long term holding bitcoin that's why we hear a lot of stories about careless investors, you sound like someone who doesn't know how these investment works, I think you should try those altcoins first.

Troytech

Activity: 154
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 01:40:34 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

However, if the asset is really volatile and largely not going up very much in value or even going down in value, then the traders have way better chances to outperform the HODLers, and so we cannot really be sure about bitcoin's future performance, even though we may well continue to try to bank on some of the theories that bitcoin has a lot of ongoing  upward price potential that includes various underlying assessments of why it has such sound money, digital scarcity and censorship resistance strengths that contribute towards the three strongest of underlying price theories in regards to bitcoin that the traders might not be able to time as well as they believe that they are able to accomplish.. which is the 1) stock to flow, 2) the four-year fractal and 3) exponential s-curve adoption based on Metcalfe principles and network effects (as outlined by Trace Mayer).

It is not guaranteed that the BTC HODLer / persistent and consistent DCA accumulator is going to outperform the trader, even though historically it has been true, yet persistent, consistent and even aggressive BTC accumulation is likely a pretty solid way forward especially for anyone who is either a no coiner or a low coiner, and how much BTC they need to stack is surely a bit of a question that is based on their assessment of at least their 9 factors.

While it is true that a trader might or would be very successful in a very or normal volatile conditions which is a very nature of Bitcoin,  but from history bitcoin has shown other nature as when they is no really big price movement and the price continues to stay around a certain area, so in essence traders are wholly dependent on the market to make profit or to use their skill, while I'm not trying to talk down on trading as a skill, but I'm saying that they are so dependent on the opportunities the Market creates for them to take action. While as a DCA investor or bitcoin holder at large, we don't really care if so what price fluctuations occurs in the Market, while there no guarantee that our results would out perform the traders even if historically it says otherwise, we are always likely to have more success. I could even further my claim by saying that the very build of bitcoin would favour long term  holders over traders. Bitcoin was made to be scarce, and scarcity would end up meaning that they would be more value of bitcoin and traders can not benefit from this and bitcoin might become less volatile in the future and traders might have to find other asset that they could trade.

Don't you consider that best or worse case scenarios are going to be largely tailored to the individual because if you are a newbie to bitcoin and even in a stage in which you might be mostly accumulating bitcoin for 5-10 years or longer, then you likely would be more advantaged for the BTC price to go down or to not go up so fast until you have at least had some time to build your stash, but if you largely established your stash then you should already be in a position that you are advantaged way more by the BTC price going up rather than down.
So a person who has built enough stash would have a different worse case scenario than a newbie who is still looking for opportunities to buy more bitcoin. And I think the approach and strategies would also differ based on individual too, cause someone who has built enough stash would prefer an uptrend market and would most likely prefer DCA method over lump summing or dip buys sunce he is looking mostly at maintaining his stash to be around a certain level and would mostly likely not support aggressive buying cause he would be considering different senerios and outcomes to be best for him. While another individual too a newbie would favour a different strategy and approach that would be in a kind of ways that would favour him to buy more bitcoin or build his stash more effectively and also considering the time this two set of persons either have left based on their goal and investment duration or are setting. Meaning that these senerios and strategies would continue to change as my investment matures and I reach a certain level of accumulation.
I think that your understanding sounds largely correct, and so you can consider accumulating 1-2 years, and then maybe 4-6 years and maybe even 10 years or more, and so if you project out further your worse, best and medium scenarios are going to change, and they are going to be changing as you go along, so yeah, it would work out pretty good if the BTC price either goes down or does not go up very much while you are accumulating and then mostly goes up later down the road, after you have built some decent stash.

But there could be scenarios that you build and build and then you expect the price to do up but it keeps going down or stays flat or really fails to go up. and then maybe some other bad things happen to bitcoin (and/or even in your life) where you are faced with having to figure out if you have to liquidate some or all of your BTC at a time that is not of your own choosing... so you could attempt to prepare for those kinds of scenarios too.. and how much preparation to make in any scenario should be somewhat proportional to how likely it is to happen, so if there is some 1-5% odds of some kind of Armageddon scenarios playing out, then you probably should not be spending more than 1-5% of psychology or resources to prepare for such a scenario, but you also probably should not be putting zero preparation into such scenarios either... as time goes on we can see that some scenarios become more likely or less likely, so we might have some scenarios that are low odds that end up playing out, and there could be some regionality to the scenarios too. so we should be careful in regards to making sure that we are prepared for various things, including how difficult it can be to be your own bank.

Let's say that you spend 10 years accumulating bitcoin and through that whole time you invest between $10 and $1k per week into bitcoin, and maybe you end up accumulating 1.5 bitcoin in 10 years for an average cost of around $100k per BTC, and perhaps in early 2034, bitcoin prices are bouncing around anywhere between $400k and $600k per BTC, and so maybe you hold 90% of your BTC and you have the other 10% in various 3rd party services... so maybe your BTC are worth somewhere around $800k (in today's dollars), so it would be pretty irresponsible if you were to have your private keys, your back up and your Trezor (or whatever might be the hardware devices that you are using) in your house and it burns down, so as your wealth increases then you likely have to take more and more measures to make sure that you are protecting yourself from worse case scenarios, even if such worse case scenarios exist and you might not have had thought of all of them in the beginning, but they become more important the longer that you are accumulating BTC and presumptively holding your own keys..
As you continue to explain this stuff out I begin to understand you better on this topic of senerios, I never thought that planning out or instances where accident would occur or I lose my assets where things I should consider. Even know I'm thinking of adding my currency value drop rate as part of senerios and I think this is so broad and if used well would yield a better success, just makes you more prepared for anything that could happen.

Moreno233

Activity: 322
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 01:51:23 PM
Merited by Samlucky O (3), JayJuanGee (1)

A lot of those who bought that type might be lured by the news and hype of the bull run of 2021. Most of those people joined Bitcoin because they heard it was making people rich, so they rushed and bought hoping to sell and make money quickly. When the price reach the peak around $69,000 and started retracing, some were advised to hold more that it would retrace. It kept dropping and taking longer time and the assurance of retracement became ineffective, so most of them sold at loss and left. It may not be all of them that sold but it is very rare to see those who started their Bitcoin buying around that time that is still holding till date.

Starting to invest in Bitcoin is something one should have clear intentions and plan for before starting to avoid running into troubles. It is good that a lot of ideas have already been discussed here, those who are still not clear about certain things should just do little reading.

naira

Activity: 1974
Merit: 586

Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 02:50:12 PM

Well 4-5 months of investing is not very long, and maybe you might need to just figure out what the right balance is so that you keep buying, especially during dips, and maybe after 3-4 years of investing you might be able to trace back the power of your having had continued to invest through the earlier years, and maybe in 3-4 years we might be going through another bear market, so maybe you might need to consider a cycle and a half of ongoing investing. and then see where you are at in 6 years or so.

Yeah it can be tough in the beginning, but probably you have to find a comfortable size, whether that is $100 per week, $10 per week or some other amount that is comfortable for you, your wife and your situation.

Regarding withdrawing every week, given the various recent fee spikes and the signal that we might have future fee problems, I personally don't consider that to be necessary or prudent to withdraw to a private wallet every week, unless your withdrawal amounts are at least $500 to $1k, and so personally I think that it is better to allow your UTXOs to at least reach a certain level prior to withdrawal.. and that is not merely about current fees, but it is also about future possible fee issues that could come about..
Regarding withdrawals every week, I had pressured him to be aware of fuel prices which had recently risen, so I held them for a while like in December, the balance was still on the exchange for 4 weeks until I finally withdrew the bitcoins and didn't want to keep them for long. A week usually allocates $100 more and that is definitely a liability that we need to transfer to Bitcoin. because this also makes my wife disciplined in investing by considering that all basic needs are met properly. Regardless of whether the target is 3-4 years or even more because our goal is to invest for our little child, this is a kind of inheritance because we have nothing but Bitcoin that we can give  him in the future. Hopefully it goes according to plan and there are no obstacles along the way. However for now the most important thing is to ensure a balanced income between investments and basic daily needs.

We just try our best and make the best plans possible, for the future no one knows, the important thing is that as long as we can still buy and hold, that is more than enough.

█████████
▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███
▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████
▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████
███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀████████
████
███▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████
██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄███████
███████
▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████
▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
RECEIVE BONUS

[ NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED ]
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 02:55:35 PM

These institutions have a growing treasury of Bitcoin in their vaults, https://bitcointreasuries.net/

In this topic, I will sound like a broken record/an insane person who will keep repeating this same advice over and over. Don't let the institutions front run you, YOU front run them. Buy the DIP, DCA, or both. You do what you're comfortable doing, but the important thing is to HODL those coins in cold-storage and never let the institutions get them from you. Probably give them a very small amount for the right price. Offer some for seven digits. Cool

That sounds more like it... HODL the coins and "don't let the institutions get them". Such statement is testament to the fact that Bitcoin will be a great commodity in the future hence the need to take our Bitcoin accumulation seriously while guarding the asset jealousy. 

Even when we don't know with certainty what the future holds for Bitcoin, it is our expectations that it will continue to gain the approval of people and big institutions even while efforts are also made to create use cases that are in consonance with the expectations of many and the very essence of its creation.

I will be more than happy and proud to know that I'm part of a revolution that will transform lives, offer solution to real human problems and indeed make a rapid improvement to ways of doing business across the globe.

You say they're mere "expectations" like anything positive mentioned about Bitcoin are empty words. But if a person tried to read, learn, and understand how the network actually works, he/she would never say that Bitcoin's future is based on expectation. Bitcoin doesn't hold an "empty promise".

It's a practical solution to the Byzantine Generals' Problem, which I believe is a challenge that was taken very seriously by computer scientists who worked on distributed systems.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Greyhats

Activity: 167
Merit: 99

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 03:44:05 PM

Hi all,

Do you think with the ETF's in play, and the buying and selling thats going on OTC we should all consider more precisely when we do our DCA buy. Should we setting our DCA after US market close on a week day or even off a weekday and onto a weekend day?

Regards,
Greyhats
Frankolala

Activity: 700
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 04:12:49 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2024, 11:13:34 PM by Frankolala

if you invest in Bitcoin it is not risky at all, but it will support you financially to hold for long term
No investment does not have its own risk attached to it, especially bitcoin that is volatile in nature. When you fail to gave a proper plan and how to go about your bitcoin investment can make you invest in vain. If you don't have an emergency funds,or your emergency funds is way too low compare to what you should have, and you are just DCAing, it will lead to you selling when it is not at your will. Another risk, is being your own bank. If you don't keep your bitcoin save by storing it in a cold storage, but if you are either storing on hot wallet or in an exchange, you might wake up one morning and all your investment has been wiped out by scammers. So you shouldn't say that bitcoin investment doesn't have risk. DCAing and long term hodli, limits the risk of you running at loss, and gives you upper hand for compounding profit

The problems with Bitcoin are that even if we want to, we can't make any accurate predictions, I'm not 100% sure that Bitcoin won't go down further to correct. However, looking at all the past behavior, it can be seen that Bitcoin is most likely to go to the upside. Yes, when a lot of money will be invested together at any moment in the market, one must be prepared for any new situation.

I agree with you that, it can go into more serious actions than time(I don't know how much correction %). uptrend is continuing...

Actually that's not a problem but rather a question to be solve since if people just have good thought's and willing to learn a lot of things from its movement from day by day basis for sure they might get an idea on what will be the possible movement next to happen especially if they have tools/charts that they are reading or they are following certain events happening. We are not sure about if it will go down at current price but what's important there is we are prepare for something possibilities like that to happen and ready to accumulate since that is the best part especially if you are doing some strategy that has been mentioned for so many times in this thread.
The price movement of bitcoin shouldn't be our focus because it will add no value or increase our investment portfolio, rather we should continue to buy regularly with DCA approach weekly or monthly,especially those investors that are in their accumulation phase, so that you don't get distracted the what price bitcoin will be, dumping or pumping. Stay focus on building and growing your investment.

While about comparing bitcoin to other altcoins bitcoin has already surpass them all though they are still good altcoins you could invest on.
Why are you contradicting your statement. You said that bitcoin has already surpasses all shitcoins, which is true, why are you still hyping the shitcoins again. Since the existence of cryptocurrency, I haven't seen any shitcoin that is worth investing in, because it is similar to gambling. Shitcoin is not an investment because it is for short term, and if you want to have an investment that you will benefit from at old age is only bitcoin because, only bitcoin has the potential of giving your profit over time.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
MusaPk

Activity: 630
Merit: 196

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 04:14:17 PM

A lot of those who bought that type might be lured by the news and hype of the bull run of 2021. Most of those people joined Bitcoin because they heard it was making people rich, so they rushed and bought hoping to sell and make money quickly. When the price reach the peak around $69,000 and started retracing, some were advised to hold more that it would retrace. It kept dropping and taking longer time and the assurance of retracement became ineffective, so most of them sold at loss and left. It may not be all of them that sold but it is very rare to see those who started their Bitcoin buying around that time that is still holding till date.

Starting to invest in Bitcoin is something one should have clear intentions and plan for before starting to avoid running into troubles. It is good that a lot of ideas have already been discussed here, those who are still not clear about certain things should just do little reading.

Through this I came to know what Bitcoin long term investment is and how DCA benefits you in the long run. If you think of inveting in Bitcoin at one price and looking for quick return then there are not much chances of success.
Bitcoin will be a success if you are looking to invest over a longer period of time. Even Lump Sum investment is good if you are willing to invest for next 4 to 5 years. Both DCA and LUMP SUM are good options provided you can wait.
Here is my calculation from previous post that show comparison of DCA vs Lump sum.

I just have a small working on DCA vs LUM SUM Profit.

DCA:
If you invest 100 dollars per week into bitcoin starting from Dec 27, 2019 to Dec 27, 2023. Then your total investment is 20900$ in Bitcoin and ROI after 4 years will be +119% or your total investment goes up to 24870$

LUMP SUM investment and HODL:
If you invest total 20900$ in Bitcoin on Dec 27, 2019 and HODL for 4 years then today your ROI will be +505% or investment goes up to 105690$.

https://dcacryptocalculator.com/

Likewise if you go to https://dcacryptocalculator.com/ and play with figures then you will notice that Lum sum investment also gives good result if you are willing to HODL for longer duration.

Agbamoni

Activity: 322
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 04:46:44 PM

Hi all,

Do you think with the ETF's in play, and the buying and selling thats going on OTC we should all consider more precisely when we do our DCA buy. Should we setting our DCA after US market close on a week day or even off a weekday and onto a weekend day?

Regards,
Greyhats
The US market does not affects your DCA. Unless you do not understand fully what they mean by DCA. It is dollar cost average. You buy based on the percentage you set from your income without having to bother what may affect the market or not. This means that the only time your DCA can shift is when your income get higher or lower . For instance if your are dcaing 40% of your income monthly and your salary is $100 which is equivalent to $40.. So if there is an increase in your monthly income, let me say from your initial $100 to $200. Your dca value would now be $80 monthly. Same thing goes to a scenario where there is a decrease in your income, the dca price would be lesser based on the percentage you set for it.

I hope you understand now. The ETF, buy and sell in the US markets cannot affect your investment approach if dca is your strategy. The only persons that may experience some challenges are trading. Remember, majority of rhose who dca are holding their investment for long. They have the mindset that the value will be significant in the near future. However it is your choice to choose if you want to hold for decades, yearly or bi- yearly.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
$crypto$
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1041

Smart is not enough, there must be skills

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 05:40:41 PM

Hi all,

Regards,
Greyhats
You will consider DCA purchases do not have to associate with buying and selling on the OTC because it will not affect, OTC is usually only done by whales who want to sell or buy in large quantities.

Do you want to invest in bitcoin by way of DCA? No need to wait for the US market to close or on any weekend you can buy bitcoin in the amount you want.
People usually do DCA every week maybe on the weekend or once a month that's what they do including myself, so I don't think there is a need to think about ETFs or other news.
You want to set DCA all the time then don't think about the price decreasing or increasing because DCA will continue to buy all the time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
mehmetosman89

Activity: 35
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 06:40:46 PM

Now the Bitcoin price correction has been almost three percent if you look at it over a twenty-four hour period and this of course makes most people buy again because they really want to get Bitcoin at $40K. However, I personally don't know how far this price correction will go and when the next increase will occur in Bitcoin. Although I also still have a very big belief that the price increase in Bitcoin could happen again at the end of this month and the price level could be more different from the current one.

The act of buying Bitcoin must be considered a quite serious action because there are risks that must be understood by everyone so that every thing must really be implemented with very special consideration before someone buys Bitcoin. I hope that this correction will not be too deep and will not be too long, because I really want to see $50K in the next month in Bitcoin and that is probably what other people really want too. Especially for those who have bought at $40K or during a correction like now.
Roseline492

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 10:28:56 PM

Hi all,

Regards,
Greyhats
Actually DCA has nothing to do with those stuff you listed above because irrespective of how we feel is very good to buy when the price is dip shouldn't give us the mindset that DCA strategy is by only buying dip, so perhaps one of the reasons why DCA strategy is one of the best strategy is because it doesn't being influenced by any news or price increase of Bitcoin but however the only difference could only be that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated when the price was a bit lower and the amount accumulated when the price was a bit higher, let's take for example if you bought Bitcoin when the price was $40k with $100 Weekly DCA method you will realize that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated using your $100 weekly DCA will totally be different from the amount of Bitcoin you will accumulate using your $100 weekly when the price of Bitcoin will be $46k, so that's just the only difference but however the price of Bitcoin shouldn't influence our DCA strategy because DCA involves slowly accumulation and doesn't depend on Bitcoin price.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 11:15:28 PM

I don't know about trying to make comparisons with bitcoin versus shitcoins, since it seems that we should get some ideas for what bitcoin is, and then we can better understand that almost every shitcoin is either copying bitcoin or it is not really adding anything of new value.
  So how much time do we want to spend trying to study shitcoins or to get involved in them, even though there could be some shitcoins that outperform bitcoin for extended periods of time, yet that still might not be enough of a reason to invest into them without having some kind of in and out strategy to them, yet even longer shitcoin outperformance of bitcoin might end up causing us to have to pay attention to whether it is adding any value or not...  .. so it is up to each of us regarding if we are going to let ourselves get distracted into shitcoins..and maybe we are more inclined to get distracted into them if we either are not confidence in what we believe bitcoin to be.

[edited out]
.... cause someone who has built enough stash would prefer an uptrend market and would most likely prefer DCA method over lump summing or dip buys sunce he is looking mostly at maintaining his stash to be around a certain level and would mostly likely not support aggressive buying cause he would be considering different senerios and outcomes to be best for him.

I usually consider that a person who has accumulated a lot of BTC might start to slow down a bit on his DCA and would more likely start to favor buying on the dip, but surely it is relative.  If  a person is trying to reach fuck you status (which is traditionally consider to be between 20-30 years of salary/expenses saved/invested), and he has ONLY saved up/invested less than 1 year of annual salary/expenses, he may still be fairly aggressively inclined towards DCA; however, if he is getting to a point of having 3-5 years of salary/expenses saved/invested, then he might start becoming more strategic, and if he is getting into the neighborhood of 8-10 years of salary/investment saved/invested, he might change his strategies even more.  Part of the reasons for the changes in the strategies is that any new contribution that he makes into his investment/savings is likely not adding as much value as is the price appreciation or depreciation of his investment.

Of course, for anyone who has not quite reached the stage of fuck you status still might want to engage in ongoing DCA, but another issue could come from being in an investment for a long time, there can be senses of the cycles, and the fact that you already hold a large amount of that asset relative to your other investments may cause you to want to diversify too.. so I cannot really say which kinds of balances that any particular person might have to weigh in terms of figuring out when to change some of his various emphasis.

Previously I had considered that ONLY getting to fuck you status would be the goal to bounce out of a DCA strategy, but part of the problem with that kind of analysis is that maybe a guy might have created an accumulation goal for himself of something like 10% or even 25%, but then if he ends up over investing during times in which the BTC price was relatively low, then he might feel over allocated, and if the BTC price goes up 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x or some other amounts, then he feels even more over allocated, and might become reluctant to invest more into BTC, even though he might still not be close to fuck you status.

Maybe I need an example to try to explain?

Let's say that 10 years ago, a guy had an income of about $20k per year, and over the previous 10 years or more he had created a fairly well-diversified investment portfolio that is around $50k in value, and he considers that his fuck you status is $500k, so he hears about bitcoin, and decides to allocate 10% to bitcoin, but figures it will take him a year to reach his goals, and so once he gets to 10% the BTC price dips, so he ends up allocating 20% rather than 10% (which is $10k invested into bitcoin), and so his average cost per BTC is around $1k (which means he has around 10 BTC), so BTC prices shoot up to $20k (which is 20x) and then correct back down to $4k or so (which is still 4x up for him), and maybe over the next 7 years BTC prices are up and down, and so maybe his traditional investments might have doubled in 10 years from $50k to $100k, but his bitcoin had gone from $10k to $200k (in 2017) and then back down to $40k (in 2018) and then back up to nearly $700k (in 2021) and then corrected back down to $160k in 2022 but then are back to up around $400k right now.

Another thing is that based on various debasement of the money in 2020, he might have concluded that $500k could no be his fuck you status, and he needed to have $1 million as his fuck you status, and so what is the guy going to do during all of this time, and even though I am personally referring to spot price, I consider valuation of your bitcoin based on spot price to be too unreliable, so we have to consider actual valuations of bitcoin based on bottom prices which is the 200-week moving average which has steadily moved up over the past 10 years also, and currently puts BTC values at more than $30k.  

So even though on paper the BTC values had been moving all over the place based o spot price the 200-week moving average had been more gradual, and surely maybe the solution would have been to just keep plugging away with DCA rather than worrying about any of the valuations and trying to time the market, and so maybe even with an ongoing continued purchasing of BTC, he might have accumulated another 3-4 BTC over the last 8 years with something like $30 per week of ongoing BTC accumulation.  

While another individual too a newbie would favour a different strategy and approach that would be in a kind of ways that would favour him to buy more bitcoin or build his stash more effectively and also considering the time this two set of persons either have left based on their goal and investment duration or are setting. Meaning that these senerios and strategies would continue to change as my investment matures and I reach a certain level of accumulation.

You would need to make those kinds of determinations, and yeah maybe it is not easy to figure out, and maybe the default is just ongoing DCA because if you try to do other things, you might end up screwing up your own investment.  

I think that your understanding sounds largely correct, and so you can consider accumulating 1-2 years, and then maybe 4-6 years and maybe even 10 years or more, and so if you project out further your worse, best and medium scenarios are going to change, and they are going to be changing as you go along, so yeah, it would work out pretty good if the BTC price either goes down or does not go up very much while you are accumulating and then mostly goes up later down the road, after you have built some decent stash.

But there could be scenarios that you build and build and then you expect the price to do up but it keeps going down or stays flat or really fails to go up. and then maybe some other bad things happen to bitcoin (and/or even in your life) where you are faced with having to figure out if you have to liquidate some or all of your BTC at a time that is not of your own choosing... so you could attempt to prepare for those kinds of scenarios too.. and how much preparation to make in any scenario should be somewhat proportional to how likely it is to happen, so if there is some 1-5% odds of some kind of Armageddon scenarios playing out, then you probably should not be spending more than 1-5% of psychology or resources to prepare for such a scenario, but you also probably should not be putting zero preparation into such scenarios either... as time goes on we can see that some scenarios become more likely or less likely, so we might have some scenarios that are low odds that end up playing out, and there could be some regionality to the scenarios too. so we should be careful in regards to making sure that we are prepared for various things, including how difficult it can be to be your own bank.

Let's say that you spend 10 years accumulating bitcoin and through that whole time you invest between $10 and $1k per week into bitcoin, and maybe you end up accumulating 1.5 bitcoin in 10 years for an average cost of around $100k per BTC, and perhaps in early 2034, bitcoin prices are bouncing around anywhere between $400k and $600k per BTC, and so maybe you hold 90% of your BTC and you have the other 10% in various 3rd party services... so maybe your BTC are worth somewhere around $800k (in today's dollars), so it would be pretty irresponsible if you were to have your private keys, your back up and your Trezor (or whatever might be the hardware devices that you are using) in your house and it burns down, so as your wealth increases then you likely have to take more and more measures to make sure that you are protecting yourself from worse case scenarios, even if such worse case scenarios exist and you might not have had thought of all of them in the beginning, but they become more important the longer that you are accumulating BTC and presumptively holding your own keys..
As you continue to explain this stuff out I begin to understand you better on this topic of senerios, I never thought that planning out or instances where accident would occur or I lose my assets where things I should consider. Even know I'm thinking of adding my currency value drop rate as part of senerios and I think this is so broad and if used well would yield a better success, just makes you more prepared for anything that could happen.

People do get emotional both on the way up and on the way down, so I am not claiming it is easy.  

There are also some very smart folks who end up losing their BTC due to NOT adequately securing them.  Earlier today, I heard a podcast with a guy (Rick Messitt) who had regrets about losing 25 BTC due to a hack, but also he regretted that he had made some mistakes that were a product of his sloppy security.. and his mistakes had to do with not increasing his security practices related to his coins to go along with their increase in value over the years.  

Well 4-5 months of investing is not very long, and maybe you might need to just figure out what the right balance is so that you keep buying, especially during dips, and maybe after 3-4 years of investing you might be able to trace back the power of your having had continued to invest through the earlier years, and maybe in 3-4 years we might be going through another bear market, so maybe you might need to consider a cycle and a half of ongoing investing. and then see where you are at in 6 years or so.

Yeah it can be tough in the beginning, but probably you have to find a comfortable size, whether that is $100 per week, $10 per week or some other amount that is comfortable for you, your wife and your situation.

Regarding withdrawing every week, given the various recent fee spikes and the signal that we might have future fee problems, I personally don't consider that to be necessary or prudent to withdraw to a private wallet every week, unless your withdrawal amounts are at least $500 to $1k, and so personally I think that it is better to allow your UTXOs to at least reach a certain level prior to withdrawal.. and that is not merely about current fees, but it is also about future possible fee issues that could come about..
Regarding withdrawals every week, I had pressured him to be aware of fuel prices which had recently risen, so I held them for a while like in December, the balance was still on the exchange for 4 weeks until I finally withdrew the bitcoins and didn't want to keep them for long. A week usually allocates $100 more and that is definitely a liability that we need to transfer to Bitcoin. because this also makes my wife disciplined in investing by considering that all basic needs are met properly. Regardless of whether the target is 3-4 years or even more because our goal is to invest for our little child, this is a kind of inheritance because we have nothing but Bitcoin that we can give  him in the future. Hopefully it goes according to plan and there are no obstacles along the way. However for now the most important thing is to ensure a balanced income between investments and basic daily needs.

We just try our best and make the best plans possible, for the future no one knows, the important thing is that as long as we can still buy and hold, that is more than enough.

Of course with the transaction fees, there are needs to consider the present, but also the future, and so none of us should be engaging in practices in which it might not be very economical to spend coins that we own, which is one of the advantages of keeping our UTXOs relatively large, such as $500 or more.  Of course, if we involuntarily get stuck with some smaller value UTXOs there might not be anything that we can really do about it, except maybe to monitor times in which it is more economical to spend from those UTXOs, and even some folks strive to consolidate their UTXOs during times that the fees are cheaper, relatively speaking, and we might not know what the fees are going to do in the future, and some folks have made some claims about the problematic nature of having small UTXOs, similar to what I have been saying (and this has become more clearly showing itself as a problem since November or so and especially since we have been spending nearly the whole time with the mempool not clearing out.... rare times to be able to send transactions for less than 30 sats per vbyte in the past 3 months and even times of inabilities to send for less than 90 sats per vbyte...and if you are in a rush, there may even be more difficulties in terms of needing to send with a higher fee to make sure it goes through.

Regarding the kid, it is hard to know, because sometimes you want kids to be having to have incentives to build their own income, but there can be times in which having funds can be helpful to provide opportunities that would not otherwise be available, which also will come down to Not being tempted to be dipping into coins that you accumulate with the passage of time... which maybe even if the kid is growing and your investment is growing, there could be times where you might see that it is a good way to supplement your own income in the future too, which will indirectly benefit the kid if s/he is still living with you, and so I suppose that the time that assistance might be most useful would be when the kid might be transitioning away from home or maybe if there might be career or education opportunties that come but that there are extra expenses that you would not be able to cover, except perhaps because your bitcoin investment ended up performing better than any of your other investments, which surely is not guaranteed, but many of us likely see that it has quite a bit of hope built within its structure.

Hi all,

Regards,
Greyhats

I personally don't like automatic DCA's, and I am not even aware of automatic DCAs that could be set by the hour.

And, if you are trying to time manual DCAs, how are you going to know?  

Let's say that every week you are buying $100, maybe you could set a limited buy order price for yourself to buy that is somewhat below the week's entry price?  You could even preset that order, and leave it for 5 or 6 days of the week, and if the buy order(s) does not execute then just buy at whatever is the price on day 7, so the next week you will get your new authorization for an additional $100 or whatever is the amount.. and don't get me wrong, you could have several orders that are at something like $25 at each of the points such as 3% 5% 8% and even 12% or higher dip amounts below the price at the start of the week...and whether you are going to be advantaged by such a system might not be easy to measure, but it might be enough of an advantage that ends up allowing you to accumulate 8.5 BTC rather than 8 BTC in the next 10 years, by 2034.   Wink

Through this I came to know what Bitcoin long term investment is and how DCA benefits you in the long run. If you think of inveting in Bitcoin at one price and looking for quick return then there are not much chances of success.
Bitcoin will be a success if you are looking to invest over a longer period of time. Even Lump Sum investment is good if you are willing to invest for next 4 to 5 years. Both DCA and LUMP SUM are good options provided you can wait.
Here is my calculation from previous post that show comparison of DCA vs Lump sum.

I just have a small working on DCA vs LUM SUM Profit.
DCA:
If you invest 100 dollars per week into bitcoin starting from Dec 27, 2019 to Dec 27, 2023. Then your total investment is 20900$ in Bitcoin and ROI after 4 years will be +119% or your total investment goes up to 24870$

LUMP SUM investment and HODL:
If you invest total 20900$ in Bitcoin on Dec 27, 2019 and HODL for 4 years then today your ROI will be +505% or investment goes up to 105690$.

https://dcacryptocalculator.com/
Likewise if you go to https://dcacryptocalculator.com/ and play with figures then you will notice that Lum sum investment also gives good result if you are willing to HODL for longer duration.

That is bullshit.

Yeah sure you can strategically pick almost any time that is 4 years or more in the past in which the BTC price is quite a bit lower than the current price or even lower than the average BTC prices over the last 4-5 years and then say what if I would have had lump sum invested into BTC at that time... yeah, but you did not have $20k to invest at that time and even if you did.. you wouldn't have been ready, willing and able to invest it into BTC in one fell swoop like a gambler, and the ONLY way you were able to invest $20k is because you took out $100 per week from your cashflow, otherwise you would not have had been able to lump sum in a quantity that is even close to that absent taking out a loan, and who is suggesting to be taking those kinds of loans.. absent some great terms... which you have to account for the interest rate of such a loan too... .

Don't get me wrong.  I don't have anything against lump summing, but if you lump sum $20k and you also DCA $100 per week, you would have even been better off...or if you lump sum half (because that is all that  you could conjure up) and then you DCA the other half of either $50 or $100 per week, then you would be better off to supplement your lump sum with DCA.

Most regular people (normies) have limited abilities to lump sum, and even if they were to have had $21k available to them in December 2019, maybe they should have had started out by allocating $7k to lump summing (buying right away), $7k towards buying on dips and the other $7k to plug into their regular cashflow whether they spread out the investment of that remaining $7k over 6 months or 12 months might have some discretion in terms of figuring out their own cashflow situation.

Fuck lump sum as a stand alone strategy and comparing it to DCA from a kind of retrospective fantasylandia perspective that does not apply to an overwhelming majority of normies to suddenly come up with $21k that they might have ONLY barely been able to come up because they struggled to take it from their weekly cashflow for 4 years straight.

Hi all,
Regards,
Greyhats
The US market does not affects your DCA. Unless you do not understand fully what they mean by DCA. It is dollar cost average. You buy based on the percentage you set from your income without having to bother what may affect the market or not. This means that the only time your DCA can shift is when your income get higher or lower . For instance if your are dcaing 40% of your income monthly and your salary is $100 which is equivalent to $40.. So if there is an increase in your monthly income, let me say from your initial $100 to $200. Your dca value would now be $80 monthly. Same thing goes to a scenario where there is a decrease in your income, the dca price would be lesser based on the percentage you set for it.

I hope you understand now. The ETF, buy and sell in the US markets cannot affect your investment approach if dca is your strategy. The only persons that may experience some challenges are trading. Remember, majority of rhose who dca are holding their investment for long. They have the mindset that the value will be significant in the near future. However it is your choice to choose if you want to hold for decades, yearly or bi- yearly.

From my reading, you, Agbamoni, seem to be misunderstanding Greyhats' question in regards to his wanting to try to time his DCA rather than intending to change the amount of his DCA.

Hi all,

Regards,
Greyhats
Actually DCA has nothing to do with those stuff you listed above because irrespective of how we feel is very good to buy when the price is dip shouldn't give us the mindset that DCA strategy is by only buying dip, so perhaps one of the reasons why DCA strategy is one of the best strategy is because it doesn't being influenced by any news or price increase of Bitcoin but however the only difference could only be that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated when the price was a bit lower and the amount accumulated when the price was a bit higher, let's take for example if you bought Bitcoin when the price was $40k with $100 Weekly DCA method you will realize that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated using your $100 weekly DCA will totally be different from the amount of Bitcoin you will accumulate using your $100 weekly when the price of Bitcoin will be $46k, so that's just the only difference but however the price of Bitcoin shouldn't influence our DCA strategy because DCA involves slowly accumulation and doesn't depend on Bitcoin price.

That is a good clarification. So yes, Greyhats is trying to combine DCA and buying on the dips, and a more strict DCA strategy would not really account for that.. yet practically speaking if there were a strategic time in which the BTC price always were to dip, then it may well give a slight edge over randomly choosing buy times or even if you time your DCA buys at the top of the weekly pattern (if there were such a pattern) versus timing your buy at the bottom of the pattern (if there were such a pattern).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Churchillvv

Activity: 392
Merit: 166

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 11:15:59 PM

Now that the Bitcoin price is moving downward, it is currently at 39k+, and it will surely bounce back in no time.

I just want to let everyone of us here to know that it's another opportunity to buy the dip and hodl, even if the price dips more than this, keep buying (buy more) as it will serve as a discount for you in you act of DCAing. What you would have acquired at $40k with $100 is now cheaper, so you could increase your Bitcoin stash.

I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 155

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 11:47:09 PM

Now that the Bitcoin price is moving downward, it is currently at 39k+, and it will surely bounce back in no time.

I just want to let everyone of us here to know that it's another opportunity to buy the dip and hodl, even if the price dips more than this, keep buying (buy more) as it will serve as a discount for you in you act of DCAing. What you would have acquired at $40k with $100 is now cheaper, so you could increase your Bitcoin stash.
indeed this is an opportunity to start accumulating more quantity of bitcoin with DCA strategies and all. When I was actually new in crypto space I don't have much Idea or knowledge about it. Time like this I would be dwelling in fear when bitcoin is experiencing any dip without knowing that am being given more opportunities to grab by buying the dip sometimes I even go further selling in losses. But now I have began to see the in and out about it all thanks to the knowledgeable individuals in this forum. I'm not feeling any fear any more all am just doing is accumulating more BTC  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 405 »
  Print  

Jump to: