Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:21:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76246 times)
Makus

Activity: 308
Merit: 214

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 11:56:25 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I don't know about trying to make comparisons with bitcoin versus shitcoins, since it seems that we should get some ideas for what bitcoin is, and then we can better understand that almost every shitcoin is either copying bitcoin or it is not really adding anything of new value.
  So how much time do we want to spend trying to study shitcoins or to get involved in them, even though there could be some shitcoins that outperform bitcoin for extended periods of time, yet that still might not be enough of a reason to invest into them without having some kind of in and out strategy to them, yet even longer shitcoin outperformance of bitcoin might end up causing us to have to pay attention to whether it is adding any value or not...  .. so it is up to each of us regarding if we are going to let ourselves get distracted into shitcoins..and maybe we are more inclined to get distracted into them if we either are not confidence in what we believe bitcoin to be.

In my own opinion, majority of the person who campare Bitcoin to shitcoins are those who have very shallow knowledge about Bitcoin, or they are just being blinded by the temporary return a shitcoin might have given to them. Bitcoin being the reason for the existence of those shitcoins, is enough fact presented to end the comparison. Beside the coins they tend to praise or use in comparing Bitcoin are just temporary trends that would go back to the ground in just some few months or years. But Bitcoin, with all the trust it has acquired even with the critics and fights from government it still stands as the all round best in the crypto network.

Now that the Bitcoin price is moving downward, it is currently at 39k+, and it will surely bounce back in no time.

I just want to let everyone of us here to know that it's another opportunity to buy the dip and hodl, even if the price dips more than this, keep buying (buy more) as it will serve as a discount for you in you act of DCAing. What you would have acquired at $40k with $100 is now cheaper, so you could increase your Bitcoin stash.

For sure. This should be a problem for anyone who has been using the DCA strategy of accumulating Bitcoin. And it's another golden opportunity for combined DCA and buy the dip. Though we can't tell for sure if the price will depreciate anymore but, the best advise is to work with what you have now. Those using lump sum could also buy more at this price.

I'm not feeling any fear any more all am just doing is accumulating more BTC  Grin

Congrats man, you just got urself one of the characteristics of a mature investor. I know of several persons, that have made their emotions the decision making body of their finance. But I tell you this, they always come back crying, had it been I knew.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 04:27:12 AM

Hi all,

Do you think with the ETF's in play, and the buying and selling thats going on OTC we should all consider more precisely when we do our DCA buy. Should we setting our DCA after US market close on a week day or even off a weekday and onto a weekend day?

Regards,
Greyhats
Actually DCA has nothing to do with those stuff you listed above because irrespective of how we feel is very good to buy when the price is dip shouldn't give us the mindset that DCA strategy is by only buying dip, so perhaps one of the reasons why DCA strategy is one of the best strategy is because it doesn't being influenced by any news or price increase of Bitcoin but however the only difference could only be that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated when the price was a bit lower and the amount accumulated when the price was a bit higher, let's take for example if you bought Bitcoin when the price was $40k with $100 Weekly DCA method you will realize that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated using your $100 weekly DCA will totally be different from the amount of Bitcoin you will accumulate using your $100 weekly when the price of Bitcoin will be $46k, so that's just the only difference but however the price of Bitcoin shouldn't influence our DCA strategy because DCA involves slowly accumulation and doesn't depend on Bitcoin price.
You are right, especially if you believe that after a decline the price of Bitcoin will eventually rise again, then the DCA strategy is a good strategy to use in terms of profits. Additionally, if you increase your purchases when the price of Bitcoin falls further, that would be great. Because you think the drop is a good discount and you can normalize the return if you think $100 is appropriate for your next purchase, assuming it's the regular price.
And DCA is a great strategy because you simply create a regular schedule within your means where you invest a certain amount of money into Bitcoin every month or every week. This way, even if the price of Bitcoin rises, you will still invest the same amount of money, and your investment will become increasingly profitable as the price rises.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
FinePoine0

Activity: 378
Merit: 113

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 04:50:04 AM

What I'm learning from example 8, is that while lump suming might be a good strategy to start with, it's better to also include dca in your accumulation strategy for maximum output. From your example 8 the guy actually accumulated more bitcoin from dca than he did from lump sum even if he started with lump sum first even with almost same amount. I think I should just start with dca and see how I can plan out everything, so if I have a start up capital that I would use from my savings about 200$ I could just divide this amount into smaller pieces and invest them on intervals, and if dips occurs or not ill still be on the winning side or do I still need to worry about buying dips if I'm using only dca. Im definitely cool with dca cause from your examples I think dca is the best strategy for a newbie like me then I can learn more about buying dips and all that, and judging from my capital, how much would I be keeping out for dips, I just think its not enough, so I'll dca first, then I can add other plans later. Although I had already invested 10$ into bitcoin last week,  I going now i can move a bit slowly, while getting more capital to fund other strategies.
The DCA investment method is that first you have to divide your capital into several parts and after dividing the capital into several parts, each tiger amount has to be invested in different positions of the Bitcoin market. If there is no fixed time table in the DCA investment method, you can invest at any time according to the market position. It doesn't matter if you invest in Bitcoin a little earlier or later, the important thing is that you can invest in Bitcoin regularly. Some investors invest a portion of their salary in DCA investment method. When investors didn't know about DCA strategy investors used to save little by little to invest but since knowing about DCA method investors are now investing little by little instead of saving little by little. 

Investing is like joining a new school, if you join a new school, you feel very nervous on the first day and you don't want to go to school because you don't have friends for the first few days. But I think those who can start investing by keeping this fear aside, find it very easy to invest and after investing, they start planning their investments for long term and continue to invest.

They will want to hold their Bitcoin to get bigger profits after seeing what happened from 2013 to 2017. They will wait until the price increases to be very high before they sell it. That is an example because I am sure each investor will have short and long-term plans.
Anyone who looks at Bitcoin's past history is bound to believe that investing in Bitcoin and holding that investment for a long time is the most profitable of all. You will see where Bitcoin's journey started and where it stopped. Since 2009 till now, Bitcoin's popularity has increased as well as the value of Bitcoin has increased a lot. There are many investors who are just watching the market but haven't dared to invest. Those investors have been watching the market for years and missing opportunities and regretting not being able to invest. Investing in a short-term plan by understanding the market may give you some profit, but if you hold your bitcoins for a long period of time, bitcoins will give you much more than you expect. We cannot covet a small amount of gain for the sake of this much, we must aim for something much bigger.

The DCA method is again the most preferred because investing in the DCA method is likely to achieve success. The regular DCO method helps an investor own the large asset Bitcoin. And DCA method depends on how an investor can invest, weekly, monthly investment will bring quick success of investment because if bitcoin is invested every week then there will be a lot of savings in terms of price. And it is possible to be successful in long term investment, if you act according to your advice it is definitely possible to be successful.

AirtelBuzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 209

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 05:03:29 AM

The DCA method is again the most preferred because investing in the DCA method is likely to achieve success. The regular DCO method helps an investor own the large asset Bitcoin. And DCA method depends on how an investor can invest, weekly, monthly investment will bring quick success of investment because if bitcoin is invested every week then there will be a lot of savings in terms of price. And it is possible to be successful in long term investment, if you act according to your advice it is definitely possible to be successful.

Investing in Bitcoin with the Dollar Cost Averaging method has simplified the investment journey for many investors. Especially those who do not have the money to buy a large amount of bitcoins at one time can continue their bitcoin investment quite well in this way. The advantage of dollar cost averaging is that people can start investing with a small amount of money and increase it over time to grow their investment portfolio. But I think investing in this method is not the only thing that should have a long-term mindset for those who invest in Bitcoin using the dollar cost averaging method. There are many people who invest in bitcoins but withdraw money from that invested bitcoins to feed their family money I think their bitcoin investment is not worth it. So all of us bitcoin investors should keep in mind that when we need money we don't have to withdraw from our bitcoin investment.

ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1226

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 07:23:17 AM

Now that the Bitcoin price is moving downward, it is currently at 39k+, and it will surely bounce back in no time.

I just want to let everyone of us here to know that it's another opportunity to buy the dip and hodl, even if the price dips more than this, keep buying (buy more) as it will serve as a discount for you in you act of DCAing. What you would have acquired at $40k with $100 is now cheaper, so you could increase your Bitcoin stash.
indeed this is an opportunity to start accumulating more quantity of bitcoin with DCA strategies and all. When I was actually new in crypto space I don't have much Idea or knowledge about it. Time like this I would be dwelling in fear when bitcoin is experiencing any dip without knowing that am being given more opportunities to grab by buying the dip sometimes I even go further selling in losses. But now I have began to see the in and out about it all thanks to the knowledgeable individuals in this forum. I'm not feeling any fear any more all am just doing is accumulating more BTC  Grin

Starting to accumulate a little bit now since I think this is bit far for its last price last couple of days so maybe there's a chance that we could see some good pumps after this one. But I'm not closing some thoughts that we could possibly see more pullbacks up to $38k or even at $35k since it could possible to happen that's why I prepare some extra cash here to buy once it reach to that price dump target.

Also planning to load some balances on my futures account to take a good long position for bitcoin since I think this is one of best time to do it since we already see some good correction happen these past few days.

Even if bitcoin price is dumping I don't see any fear posted since maybe people still believe that there's still good things to happen this year so I guess its better to take advantage on current condition since maybe we cannot see this to happen again as I still believe the bullish season is about to happen soon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Obim34

Activity: 224
Merit: 200

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 07:28:23 AM

Investing in Bitcoin with the Dollar Cost Averaging method has simplified the investment journey for many investors. Especially those who do not have the money to buy a large amount of bitcoins at one time can continue their bitcoin investment quite well in this way. The advantage of dollar cost averaging is that people can start investing with a small amount of money and increase it over time to grow their investment portfolio. But I think investing in this method is not the only thing that should have a long-term mindset for those who invest in Bitcoin using the dollar cost averaging method.
The DCA method is primarily used by the low or average income earners who gets the interest of participating in Bitcoin accumulation, seeing the possibility of Bitcoin ahead of time and become willing to purchase Bitcoin. In as much it is a strategy, also Implies to those who are financially boyount seeing it as a much profiting strategy and technique to accumulate any amount of Bitcoin.

But I think investing in this method is not the only thing that should have a long-term mindset for those who invest in Bitcoin using the dollar cost averaging method.
You can briefly expatiate on this statement?

There are many people who invest in bitcoins but withdraw money from that invested bitcoins to feed their family money I think their bitcoin investment is not worth it. So all of us bitcoin investors should keep in mind that when we need money we don't have to withdraw from our bitcoin investment.
These can be relatable by the common traders, they are not likely called investors because their aim is just to keep getting the earnings to solve their problems at that moment. A person who calls himself a Bitcoin investor is already equipped with the knowledge of holding and for the long run. Every investors should always keep aside emergency funds, investing not what will affect the cost of living later on then giving options of tampering investment portfolio just so can solve a problem or as a means of feeding the family, it is considered a misconduct by any investor.

Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 07:42:59 AM

The DCA method may seem simple to follow but I reality, it require a lot of discipline. Just like every other thing that involves money, emotions will always be engaged in the DCA method so care must be taking to avoid yielding to pressures even while applying the DCA method.

Some of the temptations that can come up include but not limited to the pressure of trying to sell when the portfolio becomes too big. There is a way the money will grow and we begin to imagine what we could achieve with it, this is where the temptation of selling come from.

Furthermore, I have seen a case of someone using the funds for DCA in buying something else. His emergency fund got exhausted and he needed more money for his needs. This is one of those things that can come up even when you think you have got everything planned out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Ruttoshi

Merit: 267

Baba God Noni

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 08:57:35 AM

There are many people who invest in bitcoins but withdraw money from that invested bitcoins to feed their family money I think their bitcoin investment is not worth it. So all of us bitcoin investors should keep in mind that when we need money we don't have to withdraw from our bitcoin investment.
This is because they don't understand how to go about their bitcoin investment journey, by not making proper preparation and plan on how much that they will invest into bitcoin that will not affect their monthly expenses, and they used the money for their basic needs to invest in bitcoin. I will not call that investing, but I will call it a waste of time and that person is also gambling. This is because bitcoin price is volatile, and if he uses 90% of his monthly income to buy bitcoin and the other 10% is exhausted, and he wants to sell part or all the bitcoin he just bought last week because of an emergency, and bitcoin price dips, just like we have being experiencing the dip recently. He will end up selling at loss, which means, that investor in question might finally give up in buying bitcoin because of the volatile nature of bitcoin.

The best way to invest on long term investment and hodli without thinking of selling is to find out that amount that when you use to buy bitcoin weekly, or monthly using DCA that wouldn't affect your monthly expenses. You will also need an emergency funds for up to 3-6 months, so that whatever emergency that occurs, you will take care of it, and not using your bitcoin investment as your emergency funds. It is good to have reserve funds, also help you take advantage of the market in any case scenario that plays out. Investing and growing your bitcoin portfolio is what should be your focus, and not scattering what you are building.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 09:01:58 AM

The DCA method may seem simple to follow but I reality, it require a lot of discipline. Just like every other thing that involves money, emotions will always be engaged in the DCA method so care must be taking to avoid yielding to pressures even while applying the DCA method.

Some of the temptations that can come up include but not limited to the pressure of trying to sell when the portfolio becomes too big. There is a way the money will grow and we begin to imagine what we could achieve with it, this is where the temptation of selling come from.

Furthermore, I have seen a case of someone using the funds for DCA in buying something else. His emergency fund got exhausted and he needed more money for his needs. This is one of those things that can come up even when you think you have got everything planned out.

That's very VERY true no matter what path you're following, whether it's DCA, Buy the DIP, or a hybrid of both. For us plebs with limited capital, it's much better to be more efficient with our money and take advantage of the opportunities during discounts.

But many individuals always say, "But the DIP always goes lower". That's true, but you'll definitely get more units of Bitcoin by purchasing it at $39,000 than at $45,000.

Plus if you're the emotional sort of person, HODL your Bitcoin in cold-storage in an offline computer. That would a few extra steps for you to sell your Bitcoin in case you panic and it will stop you from selling.

Cool

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Sim_card

Activity: 420
Merit: 365

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 10:12:55 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2024, 10:23:07 AM by Sim_card

There is a way the money will grow and we begin to imagine what we could achieve with it, this is where the temptation of selling come from.
There is nothing greater than seeing bitcoin as a life time investment, and legacy of which wealth is passed down to our children, if you have this initiative, you will hardly want to sell all your bitcoin to buy some kind of achievement that you think is better than your bitcoin achievement, which I don't think that there will be any achievement which will be able to generate good profit compare to the profit that your bitcoin portfolio will generate for you over time.

I will say he didn't have proper plan and that is why he ended up using his DCA money and also exhausted his emergency funds. This is why as you are growing your bitcoin investment, you need to also be growing your emergency funds to a certain level that no matter what the circumstance maybe, your emergency funds will be able to take care of it. Another thing that I learnt is that, it is good to also have reserve funds available and prepare for the worst case scenario playing out, when you are on your accumulation stage, so that whatever way you find the suituation, you can overcome it without selling your bitcoin investment. In such situation, you can stop DCAing and wiat till when you have overcome the financial crisis that you are facing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hewlet

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 11:56:12 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2024, 12:06:30 PM by Hewlet

yeah! Apart from wondering what one can do with our accumulation when our portfolio becomes too big, the security of our holdings could Also become a measure factor that could make us sell off our holdings. With the increase numbers oh hackers looking for ways to get access to our holding, accumulating much of bitcoin could be a bit tough because when you begin to reason the trauma you might go through if for any reason your holding is lost to scammers can just make you sell off part of your holding so you wouldn't loose all your accumulation.  

apart from cases of serious emergency, it's unreasonable to sell of your investment just for the purchase of things that can be pushed forward and later bought in the future. The only thing that is worth selling your investment for should associated to the health, safety and security of yourselves or your love ones and apart from this, a good investor would learn or make it an habit to control how he react to his wants.

The thing we have to understand is that wants must always come and it gets even worse when we know that we have the means of satisfying those desires. It will seems as though you are starving yourself of certain privileges but in the real sense, you should always remind yourself that you have a target to meet and that those spending can always come later after you've met your target.

For you to get the best of your holding, you need to be strict enough to deal with your holding as if it is not your own and that the owner wouldn't want you to sell it out for any reason if not, you will only be able to HODL for a small period of time before something will come up to make you sell of your holdings.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 12:11:29 PM

Of course you are right but however the reason why most investors normally ran into trouble in times of there Bitcoin investment is that they always think in one direction instead of evaluating what could possibly happen if taking some certain decision while investmenting because for every investment or business to be successful there most be some proper planning such as having a back up strategy that if something should happen along the line it could be easily taking care without interrupting your investment.

However one of the things i understand from most investors is that they have this feeling that by using DCA strategy they are completely saved from any unforseen circumstances, actually it doesn't work that way and perhaps even if you are using DCA you could still ran into trouble if there is no proper planning because there is no way you will not ran into trouble if you invest all your money using DCA strategy without any emergency funds that will take care of other needs if arises.

Promocodeudo

Activity: 378
Merit: 182

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 12:31:45 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2024, 09:20:13 PM by Promocodeudo

For us not to fall into the temptation of trying to withdraw our investment, we have to have other source of earnings because it normal for a person to be in need, but you decide to invest in bitcoin you should have it in mind that it is unusual for you as a person to tamper the funds for a particular period of time and this will be for your own good, don't be premature decision take when it come to Bitcoin investment.

When you are out for bitcoin investment there things to avoid, like making fast decision in terms withdrawing funds, no doubt situation may call for such but they only way to overcome this inevitable situation is to make sure that your income can sustain and caution whatever may arise so that nothing will warrant you to think about withdrawing your asset to solve problems.
As the case may be, even though the money grows to a tempting stage, if you must withdraw for anything, let it be for another lucrative investment not for lavishing purposes.

Miles2006

Activity: 224
Merit: 149

Cashback 15%

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 01:11:51 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), EL MOHA (1)

Of course you are right but however the reason why most investors normally ran into trouble in times of there Bitcoin investment is that they always think in one direction instead of evaluating what could possibly happen if taking some certain decision while investmenting because for every investment or business to be successful there most be some proper planning such as having a back up strategy that if something should happen along the line it could be easily taking care without interrupting your investment.

However one of the things i understand from most investors is that they have this feeling that by using DCA strategy they are completely saved from any unforseen circumstances, actually it doesn't work that way and perhaps even if you are using DCA you could still ran into trouble if there is no proper planning because there is no way you will not ran into trouble if you invest all your money using DCA strategy without any emergency funds that will take care of other needs if arises.
Have always thought of this idea and why will anyone want to withdraw their money from bitcoin investment cause it sounds strange and at the same time it's likely that the money used for their investment was met for something else, with this kind of strategy and mindset how will the investment stand for long. People usually make this mistake when investing. I believe they see bitcoin investment as gambling where you stake your money and it's either you win or lose cause why will anyone want to invest in bitcoin for short term when they fully know bitcoin investment is for long term.

I believe everyone can partake in bitcoin investment like low salary earners and the ones that cannot control their emotions can also invest, when dealing with emotions in bitcoin investment there's a way to control such and using the DCA strategy for low salary earners is the best whereby after receiving your salary you outlist a budget monthly for your investment. The only common reason why people sell each time they want to hold is lack of finance or rather they lack management when it comes to their investment. Such situation can be taken care of especially if the person is willing, this is where the proper planning can come in and the person should be adviced to invest with what they have and never to pass their limit but as time goes on whereby the person have gotten a good job that pays well then the person can always rewrite another budget.

Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 02:10:13 PM

That is called consolidation, and sure maybe you might "feel" that we are going sideways for 1-2 weeks, but what is the basis for your feelings merely beyond just feeling such?  There is a lot that could happen in a short time, especially if there is a lot of money being juggled around in the bitcoin space, and sure maybe it will just neutralize itself, but who knows.  There is still potential for explosive moves or even gradual moves up or down, and none of that would be considered to be a 1-2 week consolidation as you are proclaiming to currently "feel."  

So what are you personally doing to prepare?  Are you already prepared for any possible direction?  Or you are ONLY prepared for sideways in the coming week or two?

The problems with Bitcoin are that even if we want to, we can't make any accurate predictions, I'm not 100% sure that Bitcoin won't go down further to correct. However, looking at all the past behavior, it can be seen that Bitcoin is most likely to go to the upside. Yes, when a lot of money will be invested together at any moment in the market, one must be prepared for any new situation.

I agree with you that, it can go into more serious actions than time(I don't know how much correction %). uptrend is continuing...

Actually that's not a problem but rather a question to be solve since if people just have good thought's and willing to learn a lot of things from its movement from day by day basis for sure they might get an idea on what will be the possible movement next to happen especially if they have tools/charts that they are reading or they are following certain events happening. We are not sure about if it will go down at current price but what's important there is we are prepare for something possibilities like that to happen and ready to accumulate since that is the best part especially if you are doing some strategy that has been mentioned for so many times in this thread.
The price movement of bitcoin shouldn't be our focus because it will add no value or increase our investment portfolio, rather we should continue to buy regularly with DCA approach weekly or monthly,especially those investors that are in their accumulation phase, so that you don't get distracted the what price bitcoin will be, dumping or pumping. Stay focus on building and growing your investment.

Crypto venture funds eye recovery in 2024, but capital remains tight
https://cointelegraph.com/news/venture-funds-eye-recovery-2024-capital-remains-tight

Most strong point is recovery  time, If you are talking about investment then I would say that there can be no better time than this, if the market starts going up then there is no possibility of going down, now a lucky time is passing for everyone, I think everyone should do as much as possible according to their ability. Buy Bitcoin and wait.

The portfolio is really important think but if you don't have Bitcoin then you can't build portfolio.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 03:27:53 PM

~

That's very VERY true no matter what path you're following, whether it's DCA, Buy the DIP, or a hybrid of both. For us plebs with limited capital, it's much better to be more efficient with our money and take advantage of the opportunities during discounts.

But many individuals always say, "But the DIP always goes lower". That's true, but you'll definitely get more units of Bitcoin by purchasing it at $39,000 than at $45,000.

I won't suggest a hybrid strategy because it interferes with the DCA and if once we skip the investment period then it will become a habit and humans always get distracted I will say anyone who follows DCA is just preparing for a very long-term journey so they better keep investing the certain amount weekly or monthly no matter what the market condition is.

And if they are tempted too much by the DIP then they should buy from other source of capital not by skipping and accumulating their DCAing capital.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Richbased

Activity: 280
Merit: 161

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 06:57:55 PM

The problems with Bitcoin are that even if we want to, we can't make any accurate predictions, I'm not 100% sure that Bitcoin won't go down further to correct. However, looking at all the past behavior, it can be seen that Bitcoin is most likely to go to the upside. Yes, when a lot of money will be invested together at any moment in the market, one must be prepared for any new situation.

I agree with you that, it can go into more serious actions than time(I don't know how much correction %). uptrend is continuing...

Now the Bitcoin price correction has been almost three percent if you look at it over a twenty-four hour period and this of course makes most people buy again because they really want to get Bitcoin at $40K. However, I personally don't know how far this price correction will go and when the next increase will occur in Bitcoin. Although I also still have a very big belief that the price increase in Bitcoin could happen again at the end of this month and the price level could be more different from the current one.

The correction that is going on in Bitcoin price was as a result of the massive selling of Bitcoin after spot Bitcoin ETFs were approved by United States SEC, so the sellers outnumbered investors hence the demand and supply of Bitcoin was lower thereby causing a dip in the price of Bitcoin but however, the dip also stands as an added advantage for investors to buy the dip and hodl and by so doing the demand and supply of bitcoin would be high thereby it's gonna awoken the price to skyrocket again.

The act of buying Bitcoin must be considered a quite serious action because there are risks that must be understood by everyone so that every thing must really be implemented with very special consideration before someone buys Bitcoin. I hope that this correction will not be too deep and will not be too long, because I really want to see $50K in the next month in Bitcoin and that is probably what other people really want too. Especially for those who have bought at $40K or during a correction like now.

The only problem is that we have a lot of short term investors that are actually waiting for the price to skyrocket so that they can sell their coins but however, even if the price skyrockets and the sellers surpasses the investors then their might actually be a dip again so as a good investor, this is a time to acquire more Bitcoin in your portfolio and hodl till after the bull market. This correction however is necessary in other to sustain Bitcoin price movement because if Bitcoin continues to rise then so many Bitcoiners would rush to sell off their coins thereby the demand and supply of Bitcoin will minimize. As a bitcoiner, hodling for a long term should be the goal rather than expecting a rise and sell off. If Bitcoiners continue to sell their coins, am afraid the price might even go dipper unless we hold our coins and even accumulate more.

ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 09:19:40 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2024, 09:52:32 PM by ginsan

With what happened recently, or to be precise in the last two days, Bitcoin corrected to a price of $39k from a price of 48k at the beginning of this year. I concluded from what happened that I described in an initial purchase discussion for a beginner that they should not move aggressively if they were new to Bitcoin. If they bought at $48k with large funds or instantly of course the recent decline would have a bad impact on their mentality. So in this case I would suggest that beginners buy less aggressively in their initial purchase and over time they can increase their purchasing allocation to a greater extent compared to their first purchase.

Investing in the long term will not influence them to act stupidly when prices suddenly fall because they are not racing in a situation for the near future but for the next 10 years. But I still bought with the DCA strategy and accumulated regularly and was able to increase my fund allocation to a greater amount per purchase stage, so that was a better solution than buying more aggressively in the initial purchase.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
adultcrypto

Merit: 241

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 09:24:48 PM

I won't suggest a hybrid strategy because it interferes with the DCA and if once we skip the investment period then it will become a habit and humans always get distracted I will say anyone who follows DCA is just preparing for a very long-term journey so they better keep investing the certain amount weekly or monthly no matter what the market condition is.
I see nothing wrong with hybrid system because I feel it's a way of maximizing the buying process.  Those of us that started Building our Bitcoin asset just recently might find the hybrid system more appealing because of the need to get a sizeable portion before the price from the current regime. This does not mean stretching our finances but simply prioritising investment in BItcoin because of the realities on ground. So to effectively achieve this, the normal DCA can be running smoothly while one can do spot buying at dips depending on when there is surplus in cashflow.  I do this and it does not affect the DCA in any way.

And if they are tempted too much by the DIP then they should buy from other source of capital not by skipping and accumulating their DCAing capital.
The hybrid system does not mean buying the dips with the DCA funds, I think you are getting it wrong. The DCA will be running normally but additional funds will be used for buying the dips.

Greyhats

Activity: 167
Merit: 99

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 09:24:59 PM

Hi all,

Do you think with the ETF's in play, and the buying and selling thats going on OTC we should all consider more precisely when we do our DCA buy. Should we setting our DCA after US market close on a week day or even off a weekday and onto a weekend day?

Regards,
Greyhats
Actually DCA has nothing to do with those stuff you listed above because irrespective of how we feel is very good to buy when the price is dip shouldn't give us the mindset that DCA strategy is by only buying dip, so perhaps one of the reasons why DCA strategy is one of the best strategy is because it doesn't being influenced by any news or price increase of Bitcoin but however the only difference could only be that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated when the price was a bit lower and the amount accumulated when the price was a bit higher, let's take for example if you bought Bitcoin when the price was $40k with $100 Weekly DCA method you will realize that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated using your $100 weekly DCA will totally be different from the amount of Bitcoin you will accumulate using your $100 weekly when the price of Bitcoin will be $46k, so that's just the only difference but however the price of Bitcoin shouldn't influence our DCA strategy because DCA involves slowly accumulation and doesn't depend on Bitcoin price.

FFS did you actually read what I posted, i specifically asked a question about the TIMING of a dca buy, and should we consider changing the TIMING of the regular buy. Not sure why you went on a big rant about doing DCA, the pros and cons and all that.
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: