Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 407 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77790 times)
Dailyscript

Activity: 168
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 08:23:58 PM

It's generally advisable to take a long term perspective when investing in Bitcoin and focus on the fundamental of the technology and it's potential growths.
the decision to go for either what you call long term investment which is HODLing or short term investment which I feel you're referring to TRADING depends totally on the individuals choice and experience.

For people that have mastered the art of trading, they might look at buying the DIP end HODLing it as a strategy for the inexperience ones while those that only buy the DIP and HODL might think that traders are high risk takers but the thing is more of focusing on what works well with you and sticking with it. The only issue is that because of the complexity involved with trading and the chances of a new person just starting his Bitcoin journey to experience looses more in trading than he will do in just Buying the DIP and HODLing is the main reason why it is more advisable for a beginner to start his Bitcoin investment journey by just accumulating it and Hodl.
Even people who have mastered trading still lose money while trading, which is why trading is not something a newbie should practice because he or she will lose his money. Of course, traders are high-risk takers because they will be making little profit from bitcoin by buying at a low price and selling at a high price in the short term. Which I think is not a good strategy towards owning a bitcoin because you might miss out on bitcoin when you buy bitcoin at a low price and sell it at a high price and still wait for bitcoin to dip so that you can buy it again, but the bitcoin price refuses to dip and keeps making an upward trend to the point where you cannot buy it again. It is not just for beginners to accumulate bitcoin, but they should make sure before they start accumulating bitcoin they have a source of income that they will use, like 10% of their income to accumulate bitcoin every week or month, and they should also keep an emergency fund to take care of their financial needs after they start their bitcoin accumulation journey with the DCA strategy, so they will not sell their bitcoins at a loss because there is no more money to take care of their financial needs.

Yes that is true, but isn't someone who has now managed to reach the professional point in the world of trading basically they also started as a beginner? of course and that means that maybe I would say that investing is for everyone but maybe not everyone can go through all the processes that exist in the world of investment especially in terms of difficulty and complexity and this is also the reason why there is the word "professional". In the world of investment we cannot rule out the possibility of risk because no matter if you are a professional there will still be certain times for you to experience losses and this confirms that losing money in the world of investment is a risk for everyone, but the difference is that a professional has a lot of experience that produces knowledge to minimize the possibility of risk, I mean they can minimize the amount of risk with the knowledge they have and this experience does not exist in a beginner but over time beginners can also be at this point if they are able to go through all the processes well.
I agree with you on this. Most people make the mistake of investing in bitcoin when they do not have any source of steady income. They get to use all the money they have saved for a while or money gifted to them to invest in bitcoin, which is not the right thing to do. At all times, an investor should have savings or an emergency fund where he can run in case any live events occur in the future and he won't be caught off guard. Another mistake beginners make is that, after investing in bitcoin, they expect to live off the profit from their bitcoin investment. They have the conclusionn that bitcoin is a way of elimniating poverty immediately. While there is no certainty that bitcoin will give a huge profit immediately, they can only be successful if they are willing to hold their investment for a long time. I believe putting all our hope in bitcoin is a bad idea.Once we have started our investment, it is also good to diversify our income streams and not rely on our investment for our livelihood. It will surely hinder our investment unless a huge amount of money comes along to buy back the profits that have been taken. However, taking money from our investments is a horrible idea; it shows that the investor lacks self-control.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roseline492

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2024, 08:37:58 PM

It's generally advisable to take a long term perspective when investing in Bitcoin and focus on the fundamental of the technology and it's potential growths.
the decision to go for either what you call long term investment which is HODLing or short term investment which I feel you're referring to TRADING depends totally on the individuals choice and experience.

For people that have mastered the art of trading, they might look at buying the DIP end HODLing it as a strategy for the inexperience ones while those that only buy the DIP and HODL might think that traders are high risk takers but the thing is more of focusing on what works well with you and sticking with it. The only issue is that because of the complexity involved with trading and the chances of a new person just starting his Bitcoin journey to experience looses more in trading than he will do in just Buying the DIP and HODLing is the main reason why it is more advisable for a beginner to start his Bitcoin investment journey by just accumulating it and Hodl.

actually of a truth each investors is entitled to there investment decisions but however that doesn't mean that trading is the best option for them because is actually not advisable, however I still wonder why most people always prefer trading instead of long time holding, perhaps it could be there perception on trading because I no of someone that just venture into Bitcoin only because he has the orientation that he could make a lot of money through Bitcoin trading so he was propelled to venture into it thinking that it will works the way he imagine it to be and now he has lost half of his money chasing Bitcoin price movement, so perhaps if most investors especially the new ones on Bitcoin investment will be able to remove the spirit of greed and focus only on the future of Bitcoin there is every possibility that they will surely do well on there investment journey.

I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 09:02:06 PM

actually of a truth each investors is entitled to there investment decisions but however that doesn't mean that trading is the best option for them because is actually not advisable, however I still wonder why most people always prefer trading instead of long time holding, perhaps it could be there perception on trading because I no of someone that just venture into Bitcoin only because he has the orientation that he could make a lot of money through Bitcoin trading so he was propelled to venture into it thinking that it will works the way he imagine it to be and now he has lost half of his money chasing Bitcoin price movement, so perhaps if most investors especially the new ones on Bitcoin investment will be able to remove the spirit of greed and focus only on the future of Bitcoin there is every possibility that they will surely do well on there investment journey.
those that prefer trading to long time holding mostly those that are trading shit coin, lolzz I just got to laugh for you to choose trading to long time holding you know that your skill in trading is pro. But still trading to me is not encouraging at all while most people dive into it is because they have generated this mindset that trading would make them more richer over night. And those kind of people mostly trade Like they are gambling using uncontrollable leverages in order to gain more profit but at the end up with greater losses.

I'm not actually downgrading trading or anything trading is actually profitable mostly for those with good skills and knowledge about it . But nothing like hodl. Expecially holding the right coin (bitcoin) you be stress free all you got to is to keep on accumulating more with the use of DCA strategies. And just always have the mindset that is gonna be a long term investment...

Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 09:15:30 PM

Those who want to hold Bitcoin for the long term must keep a close eye on the crypto market. Whenever you see a dip in Bitcoin price in the crypto market, you will try to buy and hold Bitcoin. But I know that Bitcoin will pump multiple times in the next few years.  .Now bin our time and expect to earn multiple times in a few years from now.
Generally the topic of discussion is strictly based on Bitcoin here and not shitcoins that is your use of the term cryptocurrency implies that you are including altcoins in the discussion whereas the topics is talking about long term bitcoin investment. Moreso talking about keeping close eye in the market movement isn't necessary for investors accumulating Bitcoin for long term, those who keep close eye to the market movement are known as the traders who's intention is to sell at any profit added to their investing for short term profit and that is not the topic of discussion because trading is considered to be gambling.
 Considering your DCA method serves you better because it reduces the risk tolerance of volatility and market fluctuations nature of Bitcoin.

There seems to be clarity in your explanation as I don't even know what some users takes this thread for, some kind of shitcoins and altcoins thread? If anyone wishes to discuss about alternate cryptocurrency I believe the session is their to make or create threads as regards cryptocurrency but here we specializes and lay more emphasis about buying and holdling of Bitcoin for a long term just like you've clarified that monitoring ones investments would rather lead to tampering with ones coin that is being hodl because sometimes as a result of unstable prices of Bitcoin as it may rise or dip and in a case of dipping an investor that's always monitoring it's activities in the market might choose to liquidate the amount he is hodling already and would not be able to further DCA and more likely to sell off the coins and expect a dip to come in other to buy again and if the price keeps increasing then he might find it difficult to buy thereby buying and holdling bitcoin can be defeated and at the end of the day no bitcoin would be in your portfolio and it would be very unwise if a bitcoin investor doesn't have or acquire more Bitcoins before the halving because it's almost near as we have about 80 days to halving before the bull run begins.

Fauderz

Activity: 28
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 09:56:12 PM

With bitcoin as well rest of the altcoins every dip is an opportunity to make an investment. Very few make use of this while majority of the users just keep hold of the assets for the bull trend. To make a good profit out of bitcoin it is a must to move along with the market than just holding focusing on targeted growth.

Perhaps we can capitalize on the current market downturn, but not everyone is knowledgeable about this. When the stock market appears to be in the red, some might think it will continue, waiting for the right time to buy. Without realizing that the market turns green again, and vice versa.

Maybe we realize that taking advantage of the market is much better than waiting for the target of a bull run. However, for those who lack patience, they often experience misfortune, so they prefer long-term investments by investing without checking the changing conditions of crypto prices.
That is why we are not talking about trading and only focusing on investment and some strategies about DCA in this thread because we know that when thinking too long and expecting the price to drop further it will destroy your own conditions in purchasing and it changes the plan that you want to do from the beginning so with this when we already have a plan for the long term and have some purchasing strategies then indirectly we become less concerned about the price increase or decrease that is happening now because the goal we want to achieve is a longer term for the next few years.

Choosing a long-term investment is a choice not a misfortune so we have to choose correctly what we want to invest in and of course bitcoin is the right place for that. we have to distinguish bitcoin from others in this case especially when talking about the whole crypto then I think it will not be too relevant to the previous discussion because the initial focus remains on bitcoin not for others.
Promocodeudo

Activity: 392
Merit: 185

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2024, 10:02:12 PM

People with misunderstanding, these are different things altogether, the difference is like indulging in an activity that does not guarantee a 100% assurance of making money through it, though I see people that trade as though they are into it to make fast money, to me there is no short cut in bitcoin investment profit, most times when you think that you want to outsmart the market, you will end up being outshined by what ever tricks you use, bitcoin investment is meant for people with the spirit of perseverance and patience that's why hodling was introduced, why bitcoin has not collapse is because of the holding system, the premature sellers were bridged with this process, the future and continues existence of bitcoin depends on the hodlers that's why hodling will never go into extinction, people with long term holding mindset always smile whenever the time is ripped.

red4slash

Activity: 1288
Merit: 424

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 10:24:07 PM

monitoring the market movement on a regular, won't be encouraging ones yah seeing your portfolio going down due to a certain dip the mindset of you selling would be initiated. Like when bitcoin dip to the price range of $38k I didn't bother checking my portfolio I just keep on accumulating more bitcoin, because you monitoring it always yah just testing your emotions. And beside not even thinking of withdrawing this year I may start atlest around the year of 2025
Please note that regardless of the decline that occurs it does not make your portopolio decrease in this case so there is really no need to worry too much when a decline occurs because your portopolio remains the same only the value of the fiat that we have has depreciated but when talking about the amount everything remains the same
As for the issue of selling things like this are actually quite sensitive because after all when we are not really serious about carrying out the plan well we will actually have problems with our thinking because the desire to sell is very high so when discussing this you need to focus on your original goal because after all this can be an amplifier for yourself in the end.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Troytech

Activity: 154
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 10:42:38 PM

You sound mixed up regarding what is "long term investing," and you may well not have any kind of specific timeline for when to get out exactly, even though you might have some ideas in regards to when you might start to need the money, whether that is 4-10 years or further into the future.

Sure having some specific goals into the longer term, such as 5 years or wanting to reach a certain amount, could have some relationships to long term or maybe overlap with the idea of long term or difficult to achieve goals that may or may not be reached... so some of the ways that you are framing long term could also fit within the category of long term thinking about investing.. . but you do not have to have any of those kinds of specifics...

You could have long term plans and intentions to stay with your investment 4-10 years or longer, while also recognizing that you have discretion to change your mind at any time or that you might want to make sure that you always have some ways of exiting the investment, even if you are not planning to exit, but you want to make sure that you can exit if you feel that you need to (or change your mind and want to). 

Of course, you are less likely to be successful in your investment if you end up pulling out early.. so there is a lot of power in making sure that you can stay in.. but surely you also have complete autonomy over your own life and your investments, even if you end up screwing it up.. .. and there even could be some rare scenarios that getting out ended up being the right thing to do.

So then what is our approach as long term investors if we don't have any time frame in our mind for how long we would be holding or investing in bitcoin before we sell or start withdrawing, if we don't necessarily need to have a specific exit time, then what should we consider as our aim for holding, cause I do know that most persons approach investing in bitcoin with a profit making mindset and for a while in this thread I've been on the fact that long term holders(with our old definition as persons accumulate Bitcoin for a longer time frame) do have bigger benefits than short term holders for the many reasons we have also established.
If time frame or having a specific time I would stay as an investor or holder isn't what determines a long term holder what does?

Your first paragraph is especially a good framing Wind_FURY. 

In that regard, bitcoin provides us with a lot of various kinds of empowerment that is not merely about getting rich - even though getting rich seems to have had historically been an additional benefit that people have been receiving by building their BTC stash and mostly HODLing their BTC stash through many years.

Some people only come for the get-rich part of bitcoin and they are focused on the getting rich part and not even giving any shits about the empowering part, and surely some of these people will evolve in their thinking and understanding of bitcoin, but some of them will never get over the mere monetary focus, which I suppose in several senses if still valid, even though it is incomplete and somewhat superficial way of thinking about and understanding bitcoin... ..

even though as long as we keep building and holding our BTC, we can have very good chances of being able to end up doing both, too.. whether our original intentions had been exclusively on one or another, it still seems that both will continue to play out in the coming years.. and there are some who even say that it is inevitably based on math, even though many of us realize that it is not inevitable, yet bitcoin is a pretty amazingly designed system.. that is likely to persist and even to go up in value, which surely makes it more beneficial to any individuals to be sure to employ consistent, persistent, ongoing and perhaps even aggressive (without over doing it) accumulation strategies.

This is true, a majority of persons approach bitcoin for the get rich part, which has become more famous over the years because of the endless testimonies of people, a majority is still yet to be educated about any other empowerment bitcoin offers, and I think this is also based on usability and adaptation, most people still buy bitcoin for the sake of profit even if on the long term, this seems to be the case for me too and that's why I became a little confused and asked what should be our approach to bitcoin as long term holders.

These are decent points about any decisions to sell when a person is wanting to get more BTC should be considered in light that the price might not ever drop back down, so usually the sell amounts would be relatively small, especially if a person is in BTC accumulation stages, and any one still accumulating is going to end up feeling quite uncomfortable if he sells some BTC but the price keeps going up and then he is accumulating a lot of cash and feeling a need to buy, so he ends up buying way higher than his earlier sell price.

So I think from this, it's not really bad to sell a little bitcoin with the aim of getting more bitcoin, but this could also backfire at you if the price goes higher and then you've sold your bitcoin holdings and you would have to now buy at a higher rate.

Ruttoshi

Activity: 322
Merit: 272

Baba God Noni

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 11:36:25 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

One thing that I have observed about these newbies that join the bitcoin community because of trading is that they were misguided and misled d by the so called influncers and exchanges. The reason why I said so is that any app that you downlaod that has an ad, an exchange app ad will be part of it, where the person will make trading look very easy by saying that you can turn $100 to $1000 within a day when you are trading with their exchange. Some people who have not heard about bitcoin, hearing it first will be about trading bitcoin. So everything is just a wrong introduction from the source that they heard it from.

In 2019,when I decided to know more about bitcoin through research, I saw a post on a social media platform how trading has helped the person double his money, but I am not good at anything trading, so I said to myself that if bitcoin is all about trading, then I don't think that I will be able to go into bitcoin. Not until I came to this forum and discovered that trading is a waste of time and with no guarantee that you will make profit due to the fluctuations in bitcoin price. I was happy when I first learned that to make profit and lower the risk in bitcoin is when you hodli for long and at the same time always keep growing your portfolio gradually.

I feel for those newbies that got into bitcoin to trade, because they have been decieved that bitcoin is a get rich quick scheme, and when they eventually jump into trading, they learn a hard lesson. This is why anyone that I am introducing Bitcoin to if I must, I only tell them about investing in a long term and to keep on buying regular with their savings, or the money that they would not need for a long period of time. I don't mention anything like trading so that I don't get blamed tomorrow. Those newbies that have been decieved that trading gives quick profit because they are advertising their exchange, it is better that you do your own research properly before jumping into trading. It is your funds, and not their funds, and when you use it to trade, you will be the one to face your losses and not them. So invest wisely and hodli for long using DCA strategy to increase and grow your bitcoin portfolio bit by bit. 7

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 11:38:32 PM

You sound mixed up regarding what is "long term investing," and you may well not have any kind of specific timeline for when to get out exactly, even though you might have some ideas in regards to when you might start to need the money, whether that is 4-10 years or further into the future.

Sure having some specific goals into the longer term, such as 5 years or wanting to reach a certain amount, could have some relationships to long term or maybe overlap with the idea of long term or difficult to achieve goals that may or may not be reached... so some of the ways that you are framing long term could also fit within the category of long term thinking about investing.. . but you do not have to have any of those kinds of specifics...

You could have long term plans and intentions to stay with your investment 4-10 years or longer, while also recognizing that you have discretion to change your mind at any time or that you might want to make sure that you always have some ways of exiting the investment, even if you are not planning to exit, but you want to make sure that you can exit if you feel that you need to (or change your mind and want to). 

Of course, you are less likely to be successful in your investment if you end up pulling out early.. so there is a lot of power in making sure that you can stay in.. but surely you also have complete autonomy over your own life and your investments, even if you end up screwing it up.. .. and there even could be some rare scenarios that getting out ended up being the right thing to do.
So then what is our approach as long term investors if we don't have any time frame in our mind for how long we would be holding or investing in bitcoin before we sell or start withdrawing, if we don't necessarily need to have a specific exit time, then what should we consider as our aim for holding, cause I do know that most persons approach investing in bitcoin with a profit making mindset and for a while in this thread I've been on the fact that long term holders(with our old definition as persons accumulate Bitcoin for a longer time frame) do have bigger benefits than short term holders for the many reasons we have also established.
If time frame or having a specific time I would stay as an investor or holder isn't what determines a long term holder what does?

I thought that I mostly already sufficiently explained what I meant, but let me see if I can give it another try.

Ultimately you are in charge of whatever you believe are your parameters for investing or to make your goals.

I think that my main negative reaction to Fuso.hp was the way he was specifically saying that a long term investor needed to have some kind of a specific timeline and maybe some other specific investment parameters at the time that he invests, and it largely sounded too strict to me, even if Fuso.hp might not be completely wrong.

Frequently it is proclaimed that we might be able to predict price or time but we cannot predict both, even though we might create various objectives in terms of timeline and we might even create certain objectives in terms of time, and maybe they might end up crossing over, but there are also circumstances in which we may need to have some flexibility too.

Let's say, that you start to invest into bitcoin, and you also have a real job, and you know that you are going to be quitting that job in 5 years and you are going to take whatever you have in terms of the job and also in terms of what bitcoin that you have at that time and you are going to start to live off of it and you have a specific location that you plan to move and you also have some planned activities and/or work and/or hobbies... and your Plan A will be followed  as long as the total is above $1 million (combination of bitcoin and fiat), but if the amount is less than $1 million but it is at least $700k, then you are going to do plan B, which still involves quitting your job, but you have a another job that you will do in order to make up the difference so that you can follow plan A once you reach $1 million.  You also might have a plan C that you would follow if the amount is less than $700k but more than $400k.

I don't see any problem with setting those kind of conditions on yourself, as long as you are being realistic about what is reachable and you have various kinds of plans for various contingencies.  I just have problems when there are suggestions that you have to have specific plans at the time that you enter into your investment because some of the plans might develop as you go.

For example, you might say that you are going to invest and every year you are going to reassess, and you are anticipating making big changes in your plans after investing year 4, 8 and 12, and you are expecting to reach  fuck you status by 20 to 30 years, but you are not exactly sure about what that is going to look like, but your plans to continue to assess every year and that you are likely to make big adjustments every 4 years could be tentative plans that end up working out or you mght make adjustments along the way based on how things are developing, so you cannot really nail down any specifcs from the start because at the very beginning you have hardly any clue about how it is going to go.

Maybe you start investing only in bitcoin at 10% of your income, but you know that would take you 10 years to get one year's salary expenses, so you have plans to increase your percentage and also to increase your income and to cut your expenses, but at the same time, you consider that you have to improve your skills and maybe even go to college in order to increase your income possibilities, and  a lot of this takes time and you cannot necessarily know how it is all going to play out right from the start even though BTC could be a part of your plan (and maybe even an anticipated central part of your plan).

Your first paragraph is especially a good framing Wind_FURY. 

In that regard, bitcoin provides us with a lot of various kinds of empowerment that is not merely about getting rich - even though getting rich seems to have had historically been an additional benefit that people have been receiving by building their BTC stash and mostly HODLing their BTC stash through many years.

Some people only come for the get-rich part of bitcoin and they are focused on the getting rich part and not even giving any shits about the empowering part, and surely some of these people will evolve in their thinking and understanding of bitcoin, but some of them will never get over the mere monetary focus, which I suppose in several senses if still valid, even though it is incomplete and somewhat superficial way of thinking about and understanding bitcoin... ..

even though as long as we keep building and holding our BTC, we can have very good chances of being able to end up doing both, too.. whether our original intentions had been exclusively on one or another, it still seems that both will continue to play out in the coming years.. and there are some who even say that it is inevitably based on math, even though many of us realize that it is not inevitable, yet bitcoin is a pretty amazingly designed system.. that is likely to persist and even to go up in value, which surely makes it more beneficial to any individuals to be sure to employ consistent, persistent, ongoing and perhaps even aggressive (without over doing it) accumulation strategies.
This is true, a majority of persons approach bitcoin for the get rich part, which has become more famous over the years because of the endless testimonies of people, a majority is still yet to be educated about any other empowerment bitcoin offers, and I think this is also based on usability and adaptation, most people still buy bitcoin for the sake of profit even if on the long term, this seems to be the case for me too and that's why I became a little confused and asked what should be our approach to bitcoin as long term holders.

You can come from whatever perspective that you like, and it is possible that you come for the number go up, but you stay for the revolution, or it could be that you come for the revolution and you stay for the number go up or it could be some variations of learning along the way and even changing the reasons that you are staying or perhaps choosing to leave.  People who study bitcoin enough are not going to be too likely to leave, unless they are retarded or get distracted into shitcoins (but then they might end up coming back anyhow).

These are decent points about any decisions to sell when a person is wanting to get more BTC should be considered in light that the price might not ever drop back down, so usually the sell amounts would be relatively small, especially if a person is in BTC accumulation stages, and any one still accumulating is going to end up feeling quite uncomfortable if he sells some BTC but the price keeps going up and then he is accumulating a lot of cash and feeling a need to buy, so he ends up buying way higher than his earlier sell price.
So I think from this, it's not really bad to sell a little bitcoin with the aim of getting more bitcoin, but this could also backfire at you if the price goes higher and then you've sold your bitcoin holdings and you would have to now buy at a higher rate.

Yes, people make those kinds of mistakes, and it seems to me that if you are really early in your bitcoin investment journey then you might be way better off just buying regularly, ongoingly and persistently and trying to front-load into your BTC investment, and if you front load into your BTC investment, then you are likely going to be more informed how to come to balances in regards to how to allocate new money that you have coming in... yet almost no matter what you would likely have to go through a practice of ongoingly accumulating and tailoring to your own situation, and sure you may well end up making mistakes along the way and not being comfortable with your choices, but if you are ongoingly attempting to learn, you are going to have better chances to reach some kind of a balance that you consider to be good for you even if some others might conclude that you have not reached a good balance..

so the most important is that you are comfortable with your own way of balancing how much to put where, when to do your injections into BTC or other assets, how to manage your emergency fund, float and reserves... whether you might spend time trying to increase your employability to make more money or maybe it would be better to focus on cutting some of your expenses or making yourself more productive in terms of how you are spending your time.. which can also include taking breaks from time to time, too.. or even spending some money to relax, even if you might find that it would be better to put that extra money into bitcoin.. not easy choices... but no one can really tell you how to strike those balances and if your allocations are sufficiently aggressive without being too aggressive and whether there might be advantages to saving some for buying on dips or to hold less cash and buy more right now,..

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
adultcrypto

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 11:41:29 PM

I have seen JJG mention 4-10years or longer than that in few of his comments, I think that is a long term investment even in conventional assets. Although some of us are HODLing way beyond that because Bitcoin is part of what I will pass on to the next generation. While the time range is just a suggestion, it is up to you to decide how long to HODL before you consider beginning to get some of the funds out probably when you are retired from active service because it is expected that during your accumulation phase you are still actively engaged in activities that earn you the money to invest in Bitcoin, use for your needs and keep some for emergencies.

Odohu

Merit: 340

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2024, 11:51:34 PM

People with misunderstanding, these are different things altogether, the difference is like indulging in an activity that does not guarantee a 100% assurance of making money through it, though I see people that trade as though they are into it to make fast money, to me there is no short cut in bitcoin investment profit, most times when you think that you want to outsmart the market, you will end up being outshined by what ever tricks you use, bitcoin investment is meant for people with the spirit of perseverance and patience that's why hodling was introduced, why bitcoin has not collapse is because of the holding system, the premature sellers were bridged with this process, the future and continues existence of bitcoin depends on the hodlers that's why hodling will never go into extinction, people with long term holding mindset always smile whenever the time is ripped.
I have actually met someone that said that holding Bitcoin is like keeping money dormant instead of putting it to profitable use. In his mind, trading Bitcoin is the fastest way to make good money and he was fully committed to getting the skills needed to make a kill off Bitcoin trading as he has seen the lifestyle of successful Bitcoin traders. I latter found out he has been following some self acclaimed successful Bitcoin traders on social media. I have actually seen a lot of them and the make trading appear to be a shortcut to wealth and will never tell you the real truth about it. So I have long discountenanced them and anyone who flaunt wealth claimed to have been made from trading Bitcoin because that is not the path I chose for myself. It may work for them but I'm not ready to gambling with something as important as my hard-earned money.

The reason for bringing this here is because there are a lot of new members I noticed that have join this discussion, so it is better they understand our general preference in this topic which is long term HODL of Bitcoin, how to start and sustain it. It has abundantly been clarified that the basic steps is ensuring that dependable source of income is established before thinking long term investment in Bitcoin because without it, HODLing Bitcoin will not work. When the source of funds have been established, then the money should generally be divided into three parts which are for basic needs, for emergency needs and then the part for investment. Each of this should be carefully calculated to be able to get them right from the beginning and when that is done, the journey of Bitcoin investment will become smooth and effortless without the panic and anxiety that many investors exhibit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
I_Anime

Merit: 157

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 11:55:51 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2024, 12:10:28 AM by I_Anime

One thing that I have observed about these newbies that join the bitcoin community because of trading is that they were misguided and misled d by the so called influncers and exchanges. The reason why I said so is that any app that you downlaod that has an ad, an exchange app ad will be part of it, where the person will make trading look very easy by saying that you can turn $100 to $1000 within a day when you are trading with their exchange. Some people who have not heard about bitcoin, hearing it first will be about trading bitcoin. So everything is just a wrong introduction from the source that they heard it from.

In 2019,when I decided to know more about bitcoin through research, I saw a post on a social media platform how trading has helped the person double his money, but I am not good at anything trading, so I said to myself that if bitcoin is all about trading, then I don't think that I will be able to go into bitcoin. Not until I came to this forum and discovered that trading is a waste of time and with no guarantee that you will make profit due to the fluctuations in bitcoin price. I was happy when I first learned that to make profit and lower the risk in bitcoin is when you hodli for long and at the same time always keep growing your portfolio gradually.

I feel for those newbies that got into bitcoin to trade, because they have been decieved that bitcoin is a get rich quick scheme, and when they eventually jump into trading, they learn a hard lesson. This is why anyone that I am introducing Bitcoin to if I must, I only tell them about investing in a long term and to keep on buying regular with their savings, or the money that they would not need for a long period of time. I don't mention anything like trading so that I don't get blamed tomorrow. Those newbies that have been decieved that trading gives quick profit because they are advertising their exchange, it is better that you do your own research properly before jumping into trading. It is your funds, and not their funds, and when you use it to trade, you will be the one to face your losses and not them. So invest wisely and hodli for long using DCA strategy to increase and grow your bitcoin portfolio bit by bit. 7
you are really right most newbies are being decieved by some influencers from social media or ads, most people testify their wins through ads and social media on how they make alot of cash by just trading a certain amount of money (making trading look like a get rich scheme) some even went further advertising their signals and most signals they advertise ain't free just imagine you buying for something that the losses in it are not negligible.

Like when I was into trading back then, damn I can't imagine what I went through mostly from the hands of shit coins it reach a certain stage that most of my Gmail messages where all about liquidation text gotten from the particular exchange am using. After making alot of loses then I realized damn!! Trading ain't for me.just imagine those hard earns I wasted on trading, I invested it I would have being in greater profit than the one I am in now. One thing I know is that making mistakes aint bad is part of us as Humans but not learning from those mistakes would be bad!!!

I have actually met someone that said that holding Bitcoin is like keeping money dormant instead of putting it to profitable use. In his mind, trading Bitcoin is the fastest way to make good money and he was fully committed to getting the skills needed to make a kill off Bitcoin trading as he has seen the lifestyle of successful Bitcoin traders. I latter found out he has been following some self acclaimed successful Bitcoin traders on social media. I have actually seen a lot of them and the make trading appear to be a shortcut to wealth and will never tell you the real truth about it. So I have long discountenanced them and anyone who flaunt wealth claimed to have been made from trading Bitcoin because that is not the path I chose for myself. It may work for them but I'm not ready to gambling with something as important as my hard-earned money.
The reason why is because he does not have proper knowledge about bitcoin all he know about bitcoin is that he can use bitcoin pumb and dump (price fluctuations to make short term profiting) buy buying the dip and selling when risen with the use of certain leverages. The funny and crazy thing about trading any Damn wrong move may lead to losing all the profit you made in a week just in a day even the funds that are being traded. That why keep saying if you are newbies are you are craving of being a day trader I kindly advise you to just focus on spot trading,  the reason why is preferable if you trade a good coin (bitcoin) and its experience a dip whenever it's increase again beating that previous price you bought your funds would bounce back with it but in a scenario whereby you're future trading whenever it's experience a dip you may get burnt ( liquidated) expecially trading shit coins. To me hodl is still the best, you can put higher percent of your earnings in holding irrespective of your funds and leave some for emergency funds then if you have little to spare you can use it in spot trading.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 169

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 01:37:20 AM

so perhaps if most investors especially the new ones on Bitcoin investment will be able to remove the spirit of greed and focus only on the future of Bitcoin there is every possibility that they will surely do well on there investment journey.
I think greed has nothing to do with us not doing well in our bitcoin investment journey. For me, greed is one of the factors that will make us hold our bitcoin for the long term, and it is also good for us to invest in bitcoin based on our greed level so that we can accumulate a large quantity of bitcoin that can give us the kind of profit we want from our bitcoin investment. But if you are not greedy enough with your bitcoin investment, you can be tempted to sell your bitcoin if you see a little profit from your bitcoin investment. There is a need for us to be greedy with our bitcoin investments if we intend to hold our bitcoin for the long term so that we can get the maximum profit from our bitcoin investment.

Richbased

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2024, 03:50:23 AM

Trading Bitcoin to me doesn't seem like gamble though it's risky but sometimes if you follow the right signals and watch the activities of coins in market cap. closely them you can actually make some profits from it just that the profit wouldn't be that much and people who trade Bitcoins are are only interested in the short term profit rather than being patient and enjoy a long term gain but however, every investor is entitled to how they actually want their investments to go so sometimes they do make profits from trading bitcoins.

Every system of investment is risky and it is important not to invest or trade with emotions as one need to be focused regardless of what the outcome of your investments may turn out to be. Trading Bitcoin isn't that bad if actually one can follow some basic trading ethics and principles then you can actually makes some cool profits from it though buying and holdling is still the best option because you're in control of your bitcoin and for now the main purpose of inventing Bitcoin is to acquire it in our individual portfolio and hold it till it attains it's highest ATH then you can decide what to do with it.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 04:53:06 AM

I have actually met someone that said that holding Bitcoin is like keeping money dormant instead of putting it to profitable use.

That is wrong thinking, and a lot of folks have been mislead into investing into products with "yield" and all kinds of gambling with their bitcoin because they fail/refuse to see that bitcoin on its own is already designed to pump forever (something that has a limited supply and also a short period of issuance - until 2140), so there is no need to attempt to earn extra yield on it or to be greedy about it.. in order to profit stupendously by merely holding it and accumulating it... and another thing is getting it before others because those who invest into bitcoin first are likely going to have benefits (kind of like Cantillon effect in bitcoin), which surely is not completely fair, but those who know about bitcoin and act upon accumulating earlier rather than later will likely be rewarded more than those who come to bitcoin later.

In his mind, trading Bitcoin is the fastest way to make good money and he was fully committed to getting the skills needed to make a kill off Bitcoin trading as he has seen the lifestyle of successful Bitcoin traders.

Sure it is possible to trade bitcoin and to still benefit, but many of us know that if you trade bitcoin you are running a lot of risks, unless you are mostly erroring on the side of mostly holding it, but still you could end up on the wrong side of a trade in terms of the most pristine asset that man has ever known.. so why treat bitcoin like a shitcoin.. and surely trading shitcoins would be less repulsive than trading bitcoin, yet you could get caught on the wrong side of shitcoins too, but at least they are shitcoins so it is not like you can expect them to have long term value like you can with bitcoin.

I latter found out he has been following some self acclaimed successful Bitcoin traders on social media. I have actually seen a lot of them and the make trading appear to be a shortcut to wealth and will never tell you the real truth about it.

A lot of trading gurus end up on the wrong side of trades too, so they are all geniuses, until they end up fucking up, and there are quite a few examples of those guys..

So I have long discountenanced them and anyone who flaunt wealth claimed to have been made from trading Bitcoin because that is not the path I chose for myself. It may work for them but I'm not ready to gambling with something as important as my hard-earned money.

I think that it can be o.k. if you limit it to a small amount, such as less than 10%, but the problem with degenerate gamblers is that they cannot limit themselves to 10%, there is a kind of gambling creep and sooner or later they are going to end up fucking up BIG time and it can be quite hard to recover from some of the mistakes when you start to play with large portions of your holdings... plus it does not seem to be a good use of time.. and maybe difficult to sleep and with a  lot of additional stress too... but hey some people consider those kinds of ways of playing with their finances to be exciting...

The reason for bringing this here is because there are a lot of new members I noticed that have join this discussion, so it is better they understand our general preference in this topic which is long term HODL of Bitcoin, how to start and sustain it. It has abundantly been clarified that the basic steps is ensuring that dependable source of income is established before thinking long term investment in Bitcoin because without it, HODLing Bitcoin will not work. When the source of funds have been established, then the money should generally be divided into three parts which are for basic needs, for emergency needs and then the part for investment. Each of this should be carefully calculated to be able to get them right from the beginning and when that is done, the journey of Bitcoin investment will become smooth and effortless without the panic and anxiety that many investors exhibit.

Investing can be interesting and challenging too.. even though some people consider it to be more boring than trading, but there are still ways to make it exciting and to potentially really get into analyzing various aspects of your investment, especially if you want to invest aggressively, but on the other hand, if you want to invest less aggressively, then you can largely set forth systems to mostly set it and forget it.. and maybe only look at it a few times a year to make sure you are mostly still on schedule.

Like when I was into trading back then, damn I can't imagine what I went through mostly from the hands of shit coins it reach a certain stage that most of my Gmail messages where all about liquidation text gotten from the particular exchange am using. After making alot of loses then I realized damn!! Trading ain't for me.just imagine those hard earns I wasted on trading, I invested it I would have being in greater profit than the one I am in now. One thing I know is that making mistakes aint bad is part of us as Humans but not learning from those mistakes would be bad!!!

There are a decent number of people who take a long time to learn and they continually make similar kinds of mistakes, since they just love gambling... but then sometimes you will hear from them and they will say that they are not into that anymore and they have found some other place to continue to make similar kinds of the same mistakes.

I think greed has nothing to do with us not doing well in our bitcoin investment journey. For me, greed is one of the factors that will make us hold our bitcoin for the long term, and it is also good for us to invest in bitcoin based on our greed level so that we can accumulate a large quantity of bitcoin that can give us the kind of profit we want from our bitcoin investment. But if you are not greedy enough with your bitcoin investment, you can be tempted to sell your bitcoin if you see a little profit from your bitcoin investment. There is a need for us to be greedy with our bitcoin investments if we intend to hold our bitcoin for the long term so that we can get the maximum profit from our bitcoin investment.

I think that you are mixing up the ideas of delayed gratification and greed, and sure there are going to be elements of greed, even when employing delayed gratification, but one of the angles in which greed goes wrong is to take chances that are not warranted merely because there is a focus on making more money in the short term and perhaps assigning too high of probabilities to the success scenarios without accounting for the downside possibilities.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
FinePoine0

Activity: 392
Merit: 122

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 05:04:43 AM

Investing in the DCA approach must be long-term and have the capacity to take risks. A separate fund must be kept for long-term holding as the family needs to be met from external sources of income from that separate schedule. If there is no different funding then Bitcoin will be held off for a long period of time. This holding can be affected to meet the needs of the family. That is why a separate fund is definitely needed to save Bitcoin holdings.

Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 05:59:44 AM

Investing in the DCA approach must be long-term and have the capacity to take risks. A separate fund must be kept for long-term holding as the family needs to be met from external sources of income from that separate schedule. If there is no different funding then Bitcoin will be held off for a long period of time. This holding can be affected to meet the needs of the family. That is why a separate fund is definitely needed to save Bitcoin holdings.
Reading over and over again, I still don't get your points in full, but from the little I think you trying to say DCA is usually a long term investment and one should be able to abide by the risk of not selling too quick even after seeing the price increase a little. Yes, there must be a separate funds kept aside, called the emergency funds and also have a steady income as to be able to meet one's cost of living. It will be very unwise to live from one's Bitcoin portfolio, it is best to invest from the left over funds after much calculations of expenditures for the household and having set aside that for emergency purposes.

GigaBit

Activity: 1540
Merit: 506

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 06:07:18 AM

An investor will reduce his risk when he follows DCA. Because he is not investing his entire money for investment. His risk will be reduced comparatively. The risk may high when an investor keep all of their savings into Bitcoin. The common suggestion here is that if an investor can keep any amount of money he has in Bitcoin for a long period of time then his risk is reduced but should not invest money that is intended to be withdrawn from the investment. Investors must focus on 2 things carefully for bitcoin investment purpose.

1. Planning for the long term
2. Following DCA

Those who are in good financial condition will invest in Bitcoin according to their ability and who are not in good financial condition can start long term investment following DCA. The investor must come away from the thought of making a quick profit by investing in Bitcoin.
At the end of working life, everyone's earning power declines. So those who invest in Bitcoin from their professional career can be financially sound in their old age.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Hewlet

Activity: 280
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 06:50:27 AM

I still wonder why most people always prefer trading instead of long time holding, perhaps it could be there perception on trading because I no of someone that just venture into Bitcoin only because he has the orientation that he could make a lot of money through Bitcoin trading so he was propelled to venture into it thinking that it will works the way he imagine it to be and now he has lost half of his money chasing Bitcoin price movement, so perhaps if most investors especially the new ones on Bitcoin investment will be able to remove the spirit of greed and focus only on the future of Bitcoin there is every possibility that they will surely do well on there investment journey.
the truth is that the choice on your investment choice is totally dependent on how you got your knowledge of Bitcoin from and what people around you are actually doing. To be honest, the first thing I knew about anything Bitcoin was related to bitcoin trading and if not that I'm following discussion in the forum that now opens my eyes to just HODLing which is less risky compared to trading the only thing I would have known would have just been trading.

My roomie ones told me that he knows that I'm into Bitcoin but hasn't seen those charts on phone and I just laughed and asked if that's all he knows about bitcoin. The truth is that majority of people hard their initial knowledge on bitcoin trading and do most of them started their bitcoin journey as traders and so regardless of the loss that might come as a result of the trading, they wouldn't see HODLing as a better alternative.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 407 »
  Print  

Jump to: