Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:28:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76268 times)
Rabata

Activity: 742
Merit: 170

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 05:26:14 PM
Merited by Patrol69 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

and another thing is getting it before others because those who invest into bitcoin first are likely going to have benefits (kind of like Cantillon effect in bitcoin), which surely is not completely fair, but those who know about bitcoin and act upon accumulating earlier rather than later will likely be rewarded more than those who come to bitcoin later.

Sure, I've over heard some investors in their discussion on how they are anticipating for the dip before they buy. And it's very funny how they think their predictions will definitely come to play. The price of Bitcoin due to the concept of scarcity will experience a bulls more than the bears, so definitely the price will go up as time progresses and if they miss the opportunity of accumulating now, the dip they anticipate in buying might even be higher than this current price. Sometimes I classify those who wait for the dip before buying when they have no holding as gamblers.

Actually I don't really no were those investors get that concept that Bitcoin must get to a certain dip before they could buy, actually is a very wrong mentality because considering the potential of Bitcoin and how the price movement behave I see no reason why an investor will allow buying dip to stand as determining factor on his Bitcoin investment because if it happens that the price did not get to the exact point they wish to buy that means they will automatically end up not buying at all.

Perhaps it will be very wise for an investor to learn from the mistakes of other investors because there has been numerous of testimonies concerning how many investors lost the opportunities they had on investing on Bitcoin all in the name waiting for the right moment before they could invest and at the end they end up not getting the opportunity to buy Bitcoin and still so many other investors are still having that mentality of waiting for the dip before they could buy.

Buying at the dip is good but waiting for the dip is not a good idea. The best option is while waiting for the dip, buying by dca could make you reach your target faster.
Waiting for the dip is definitely challenging because no one knows when the price may rise or fall in the market. Those who wait for the dip may miss the dip because of the bullishness. For example, the dip we had a few months ago is no longer possible. No one will get the opportunity to buy bitcoins at $16,000. I've heard some people say they waited for $10,000 after they hit $16,000, but that dream never came true. Of course we would say that dips are good, but if you don't collect bitcoins hoping for more dip, you will regret it later.

Many investors don't want to understand DCA. But if they do DCA then on the one hand they can increase their holding without financial pressure and on the other hand the change in the price of Bitcoin is not affected.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ruttoshi

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

Baba God Noni

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 07:35:37 PM

The way a child is given birth to and the parents will take care of that child for many years spending and providing for him to make sure that he grows up and become an adult who can take care of himself and also take care of the parents when they are old, is the same way we need to invest in bitcoin and grow it through DCA gradually as a newbie so that a time will come when your bitcoin portfolio size has is big. Your money that you invested into bitcoin will start working for you by generating more profit as the price of bitcoin is increasing with timeline, and your bitcoin investment will start be your pride and it will take care of your expenses and whatever you need money for in your old age.

Your illustration is quite alright but I want to ask you from your illustration what if at the point of the parents taking care of the child in other for them to grow up and take their own responsibility then peradventure the parents losses such a child while they are trying to grow up is it a gain or a lost to the parents? See everything we are doing in life is just risk as no one knows exactly what the future holds or how it might turn out to be so also is our investments as we invest not actually because we are certain that we will make profits but because of our optimism towards positivity so anything is expected to happen to ones investment be it on the short run or the long run.
Majority of parents train their children till adulthood and even see their grand children, only few that are unlucky due to uncertainty that lose their children before they become adults. Majority of traders run at loss but only few make profit.

When the source of funds have been established, then the money should generally be divided into three parts which are for basic needs, for emergency needs and then the part for investment. Each of this should be carefully calculated to be able to get them right from the beginning and when that is done, the journey of Bitcoin investment will become smooth and effortless without the panic and anxiety that many investors exhibit.
I think for a newbie getting these calculations right might be a difficult thing cause speaking from experience the best way for anyone to learn these strategies is to start doing them as soon as possible then on the process of doing so you would better start to the reasons for setting up each of them.

It is easy to calculate it as long as you know your total cash inflow for the month, and from that, you can calculate out your monthly needs, keep your emergency funds just like stated by @Odohu based on your own scenario, so that you can know the exact funds that you will use to invest through DCA weekly, or monthly that wouldn't stress your as a newbie. When you fail to have these figured out and properly planned for since you are going on a long term drive, you are putting yourself at big risk and you will fail in your plans because you don't even know your left from your right. Don't play with keeping your emergency funds and basic needs funds sorted out before investing, it is very important.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
adultcrypto

Activity: 308
Merit: 241

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 07:59:05 PM

Waiting for the dip is definitely challenging because no one knows when the price may rise or fall in the market. Those who wait for the dip may miss the dip because of the bullishness. For example, the dip we had a few months ago is no longer possible. No one will get the opportunity to buy bitcoins at $16,000. I've heard some people say they waited for $10,000 after they hit $16,000, but that dream never came true. Of course we would say that dips are good, but if you don't collect bitcoins hoping for more dip, you will regret it later.

Many investors don't want to understand DCA. But if they do DCA then on the one hand they can increase their holding without financial pressure and on the other hand the change in the price of Bitcoin is not affected.
It is looking like a lot of people are mixing things up as regards what a dip is thereby making it complicated. It is not supposed to be that way. During the period of ETF approval, Bitcoin rose sharply to over $49k before the retracement started and price declined to around $39k, a $10k drop in price. This is a good example of a dip but it does not have to go that low before anyone buying the dips should start taking advantage of the discounted price. Under this scenario, an aggressive investor who have already set aside funds for buying the dips would have started buying already when price dropped to $42k and lower. You must not get the bottom where the price will turn and start going up as that is irrelevant, you are only focused on buying at discounted prices.

I apply the DCA method  but I sometimes also buy the dip when I have surplus funds after setting aside my emergency funds and that of my basic needs with my DCA running smoothly unaffected. So buying the dip should not be complicated as many people make it seem because it is a nice way of accumulating Bitcoin in addition to the DCA method.

ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 09:07:05 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It is looking like a lot of people are mixing things up as regards what a dip is thereby making it complicated. It is not supposed to be that way. During the period of ETF approval, Bitcoin rose sharply to over $49k before the retracement started and price declined to around $39k, a $10k drop in price. This is a good example of a dip but it does not have to go that low before anyone buying the dips should start taking advantage of the discounted price. Under this scenario, an aggressive investor who have already set aside funds for buying the dips would have started buying already when price dropped to $42k and lower. You must not get the bottom where the price will turn and start going up as that is irrelevant, you are only focused on buying at discounted prices.

I apply the DCA method  but I sometimes also buy the dip when I have surplus funds after setting aside my emergency funds and that of my basic needs with my DCA running smoothly unaffected. So buying the dip should not be complicated as many people make it seem because it is a nice way of accumulating Bitcoin in addition to the DCA method.
planning purchases that they often put off will make them hesitate to press the buy button. Yes, in an effort to dispel doubts, of course they are better off implementing the DCA strategy as most of us have done. Yes, for example they were waiting for the price of $39k and a few days ago Bitcoin experienced a correction to $39k but they were still hesitant to buy and of course they missed a moment to buy on dips. For this reason, don't hesitate in every decision to buy because the price will not be at the same point and will definitely change in a matter of minutes.

After all, we are buying bitcoin for the long term so why is there any hesitation in continuing to buy. Yes, if they had known about bitcoin earlier, I think they would also have been hesitant to buy because the nature of doubt is very difficult to eliminate in their minds if they have no certainty in their every action. So if we are not good at reading charts, it is better to just buy regularly, whether every week or every month, because to find the cheapest price, of course, buy regularly.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Myleschetty

Activity: 1155
Merit: 77

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 09:08:47 PM

If there is no different funding then Bitcoin will be held off for a long period of time.

If there is no emergency funds available there is no way you can hold your bitcoin for a long time. That's it has been emphasized several times that for you to hold bitcoin for long as an investor make room for emergency funds.

An emergency savings is not what we should use to play when we really want to hold our Bitcoin investment over a long period of time. A lot of people always have plans to hold their Bitcoin for a very long period of time, but because of emergency savings they lacks side is what makes them sell their Bitcoin or sell part of their period when the problem arises. So for a smooth Bitcoin investment, we should always know that emergency savings are always necessary, and we should alao be trying to continue saving for emergencies that may arise in the future and as we continue accumulating more Bitcoin.

@Justbillywitt, You are 100 percent correct.
@Humblevirus, Emergency saving is something everyone ought to consider landscape aside in every setting not only in the Bitcoin investment area, and if you want to do it right there should also be room for funds whose purpose is for learning and skill improvement to be ahead in the space that will operate.
obuoma

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 10:02:31 PM

Actually I don't really no were those investors get that concept that Bitcoin must get to a certain dip before they could buy, actually is a very wrong mentality because considering the potential of Bitcoin and how the price movement behave I see no reason why an investor will allow buying dip to stand as determining factor on his Bitcoin investment because if it happens that the price did not get to the exact point they wish to buy that means they will automatically end up not buying at all.

Perhaps it will be very wise for an investor to learn from the mistakes of other investors because there has been numerous of testimonies concerning how many investors lost the opportunities they had on investing on Bitcoin all in the name waiting for the right moment before they could invest and at the end they end up not getting the opportunity to buy Bitcoin and still so many other investors are still having that mentality of waiting for the dip before they could buy.

Exactly, I think one of the thing that can also help an investor when it come to bitcoin is  being flexible knowing that you are not the one controlling the market the market is controlled by different factors so waiting for it to reach a certain dip before you invest is like saying you are the one controlling the bitcoin  movement and I can say this is really a sign of greed and fear of course it will lead  to missing out from good opportunity.

Knowing that investing in bitcoin is a long time investment, you should plan better and keep aside the money for investment as this will help you avoid anything that will alter your reasoning because as an investor you must be psychologically  stable.
Also, timing the bitcoin market earlier will give you an edge over the market as the higher chance of profitable investment will be there instead of investing late.

I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 10:27:13 PM

Exactly, I think one of the thing that can also help an investor when it come to bitcoin is  being flexible knowing that you are not the one controlling the market the market is controlled by different factors so waiting for it to reach a certain dip before you invest is like saying you are the one controlling the bitcoin  movement and I can say this is really a sign of greed and fear of course it will lead  to missing out from good opportunity.

Knowing that investing in bitcoin is a long time investment, you should plan better and keep aside the money for investment as this will help you avoid anything that will alter your reasoning because as an investor you must be psychologically  stable.
Also, timing the bitcoin market earlier will give you an edge over the market as the higher chance of profitable investment will be there instead of investing late.

nice!!! Actually like this mostly when you mentioned the two most common emotions in investing. Those of you that are always found of wanting to buy when it's dip though buying at such time may make your investment to be more effective and profitable. But how sure are you that you won't end up missing out big time. There's a reason why DCA strategies was introduced. If you want to make it an habit of always waiting for market to dip first before diving in. You should just get ready of missing out.

But when you are DCAing you can keep accumulating bitcoin even when it's price decreases or increases. Using such methods or strategies endures that the chances of you missing out is low and whenever the coin under a nice surge your funds would also undergo that nice surge too. One fun thing of DCA most time you don't have to have a fixed amount. You can buy any quantities irrespective to the funds you have that moment

Justbillywitt

Activity: 224
Merit: 166

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 10:54:06 PM

and another thing is getting it before others because those who invest into bitcoin first are likely going to have benefits (kind of like Cantillon effect in bitcoin), which surely is not completely fair, but those who know about bitcoin and act upon accumulating earlier rather than later will likely be rewarded more than those who come to bitcoin later.

Sure, I've over heard some investors in their discussion on how they are anticipating for the dip before they buy. And it's very funny how they think their predictions will definitely come to play. The price of Bitcoin due to the concept of scarcity will experience a bulls more than the bears, so definitely the price will go up as time progresses and if they miss the opportunity of accumulating now, the dip they anticipate in buying might even be higher than this current price. Sometimes I classify those who wait for the dip before buying when they have no holding as gamblers.

Buy on dips is not such a bad strategy, but when it is been prioritized as a determining factor for investing or buying then it's more like trying to gamble the market, and I think these set of persons are not actually long term holders, cause true long term holders are looking at accumulating more bitcoin while these short term investors are just there to make quick profits, hence why they prioritize buying at dips, but the flaw of their design is the fact that you can't really tell if the dip you bought is the last dip, what if the Market continues to dip and you end up catching a falling knife 😅. Moreover, there are times that people tend to wait for the dip for long and it doesn't come meanwhile if they have been dcaing consistently during those times they would have gotten enough in their bitcoin portfolio. Buying at the dip is good but waiting for the dip is not a good idea. The best option is while waiting for the dip, buying by dca could make you reach your target faster.

Both short term and long term hodlers buys at the dip, whichever price they feel is their dip, which is enough for them. The difference between these set of investors is that the long term investors are always engaging in the market at all point, by make use of the available methods of investments, Dcaying on a regular intervals, lump sum buy and buying the dip. Where as the short term investors are always waiting for their perfect dip price. But many of the short term holders are always confused most times as they don't even have an established level of dip they want to see in the market before they buy. Few week ago some of them were praying for price to get to $40k before they will buy, but when price went below that they didn't buy rather they went on and moved their waiting van to $35k region. Now look at where it has landed them. The long term investors are never like this, they make use of every opportunity they see in the market so they stand a better chance of getting something out.

It is not enough to wait for dip, but set a target on the level of dip you want to see in the market before buying. This is for those who are always in the waiting room. It could be a dip of 5-6% from current price. The moment this price is achieved, buy your bitcoin. Don't even be tempted to see if there will be further dip or not. This will help you not to miss out your priority of grabbing some bitcoin.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Troytech

Activity: 140
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 11:03:24 PM

I thought that I mostly already sufficiently explained what I meant, but let me see if I can give it another try.

Ultimately you are in charge of whatever you believe are your parameters for investing or to make your goals.

I think that my main negative reaction to Fuso.hp was the way he was specifically saying that a long term investor needed to have some kind of a specific timeline and maybe some other specific investment parameters at the time that he invests, and it largely sounded too strict to me, even if Fuso.hp might not be completely wrong.

Frequently it is proclaimed that we might be able to predict price or time but we cannot predict both, even though we might create various objectives in terms of timeline and we might even create certain objectives in terms of time, and maybe they might end up crossing over, but there are also circumstances in which we may need to have some flexibility too.

Let's say, that you start to invest into bitcoin, and you also have a real job, and you know that you are going to be quitting that job in 5 years and you are going to take whatever you have in terms of the job and also in terms of what bitcoin that you have at that time and you are going to start to live off of it and you have a specific location that you plan to move and you also have some planned activities and/or work and/or hobbies... and your Plan A will be followed  as long as the total is above $1 million (combination of bitcoin and fiat), but if the amount is less than $1 million but it is at least $700k, then you are going to do plan B, which still involves quitting your job, but you have a another job that you will do in order to make up the difference so that you can follow plan A once you reach $1 million.  You also might have a plan C that you would follow if the amount is less than $700k but more than $400k.

I don't see any problem with setting those kind of conditions on yourself, as long as you are being realistic about what is reachable and you have various kinds of plans for various contingencies.  I just have problems when there are suggestions that you have to have specific plans at the time that you enter into your investment because some of the plans might develop as you go.

For example, you might say that you are going to invest and every year you are going to reassess, and you are anticipating making big changes in your plans after investing year 4, 8 and 12, and you are expecting to reach  fuck you status by 20 to 30 years, but you are not exactly sure about what that is going to look like, but your plans to continue to assess every year and that you are likely to make big adjustments every 4 years could be tentative plans that end up working out or you mght make adjustments along the way based on how things are developing, so you cannot really nail down any specifcs from the start because at the very beginning you have hardly any clue about how it is going to go.

Maybe you start investing only in bitcoin at 10% of your income, but you know that would take you 10 years to get one year's salary expenses, so you have plans to increase your percentage and also to increase your income and to cut your expenses, but at the same time, you consider that you have to improve your skills and maybe even go to college in order to increase your income possibilities, and  a lot of this takes time and you cannot necessarily know how it is all going to play out right from the start even though BTC could be a part of your plan (and maybe even an anticipated central part of your plan).

From what you've said,  I've finally started to see a bit of flexibility in long term investment in bitcoin, I normally used to think that our plans would be fixed in such a way that you cannot change your original plan until a particular time has reached, let's say I plan on investing 10% of my income into DCA and let's say another 15% into building my emergency and reserves since I am still a newbie investor and lests say ,  during the phase of my initial plan I happened to get an income raise of an extra 500$ on my initial 1000$ weekly income, I Is possible that instead of increasing my original plan, I might decide to rent a house for the sake of getting comfort or privacy or I might even decide to get an extra skill to enable me invest more into bitcoin. And I also believe that DCA I'd the best strategy for lo g term investment cause it offers a very flexible way of accumulating or investing in bitcoin that you can decide to change anytime based on your goals. Like during my earlier investment time, I had tried allocating different percentage for different weekly intervals based on price fluctuations and in a way that makes me feel I'm investing with a little precision, let's say my original plan of 10% in bitcoin weekly and they happen to be a dip on my next week, normally it's okay to lump sum and still DCA but in cases when I didn't plan ahead or haven't built enough emergency and reserves to take advantage of such conditions, I just chuck down my expenses a bit and increase my allocation to maybe 20% or 30% for that weeks dip and back to my original plan if the price goes back up, its all subject to change.

And now I feel I could play around my investment and plans in a way that since I do desire to accumulate a massive amount of bitcoin in my first 4 years, I would be able to adjust my plans and allocations maybe at a yearly interval depending on my progress in investing and any other condition I feel necessary to be meat that would give me a boost in achieving my goal faster, but I still feel If I remove all specifics with respect to time and goal I might not be able to calculate my progress in such a way that I would know if I am doing okay or if I am to improve and add other strategies.

You see, no investment is 100% guaranteed be it a trader or a hodler as all are very risky and due to some unforseen circumstances that may actually affect ones investments make some people to only be interested in trading rather than investing and you can't actually blame them at all.

Well it's true that everything carries its risk and we don't know what to expect from the market at any time, but this cannot be an excuse to gamble your asset in trading, I'm not saying is not profitable but its not worth it. What circumstances are you talking about that may affect once investment?, If you are referring to volatility, this is mostly temporary and if you are a long term holder, you would be sure that bitcoin would recover from any price fall, historically holders have been more successful than traders in bitcoin. Expecially if you are in early stages of accumulation don't let trading distract you with quick profits it offers, you might end up losing all your accumulation from fucking around.

Let the truth be told most people are just interested in short term profits because they're always afraid of the fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin in the market hence they always panic whenever they buy at a dip and instead of the price rising it still dips further but they fail to understand that every dip gives and opportunity to accumulate more and hold for long term profits.

You are really mixing things up here, short term investors are mostly interested in the volatility of bitcoin to make profits, its true that they mostly have this mentality of buying on dips and with bitcoin it might not favour them and the price ends up dipping even more and more and they might panic and sell at even a lower price or end up holding for even longer.

Ever-young

Activity: 1162
Merit: 159

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2024, 11:21:47 PM

Those who wait for the market to drop before they can buy bitcoin most of the time they always end up not being able to buy any bitcoin at all as that price which they are waiting for to happen might never be able to happen this is bitcoin market which is wide and not just a regular market which one person is the distributor of the product,

then again those who are speculating that the price is going to drop as they presume they are not greedy but those people are just too afraid to take a risk in life and I will say they are not even fit to be bitcoin investors in the first place so they should either stop their procrastination and invest or better still remove their mind from their instead of hoping on something that might never happen.

teamsherry

Activity: 154
Merit: 44

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 30, 2024, 11:49:44 PM

If there is no different funding then Bitcoin will be held off for a long period of time.

If there is no emergency funds available there is no way you can hold your bitcoin for a long time. That's it has been emphasized several times that for you to hold bitcoin for long as an investor make room for emergency funds.

An emergency savings is not what we should use to play when we really want to hold our Bitcoin investment over a long period of time. A lot of people always have plans to hold their Bitcoin for a very long period of time, but because of emergency savings they lacks side is what makes them sell their Bitcoin or sell part of their period when the problem arises. So for a smooth Bitcoin investment, we should always know that emergency savings are always necessary, and we should alao be trying to continue saving for emergencies that may arise in the future and as we continue accumulating more Bitcoin.

Yes indeed saving for emergency cannot be neglected as an investor especially if you do not want to sell your assets out of emergency events, this could be anything it could be an unforseen accident, sudden expense of anything that could tempt you to touch or tamper with ur bitcoin holdings. And this is something that we must avoid as bitcoin holders.

If someone is afraid of the dip, how will you see profitability in bitcoin. If you have been in the crypto for long, you will understand that dip is one of the most interesting time in the market. Dip gives you the opportunity to gather more and position yourself. Yes I know everyone loves to see the green candles, than the red candles, the beauty of the market as an investor is when you see the dip as an opportunity instead of seeing the fear that others are seeing. Remember if you don't buy the dip you can't sell the top. Those who are scared of the dip are newbies. Without dip there won't be much profitability in bitcoin investment.
IMO, bitcoin dip would only favour those that take advantage of it, and whilst people fail to take advantage of bitcoin dip is cause they fear that would lose money, if the down trend Continues but they dont also think in terms of long term holdings where you don't have to bother about price fluctuations in the market but see each cycle as an opportunity to gather more bitcoin for yourself and even gain greater rewards, bitcoin price has been progressive historically and whist we cannot predict the future bases on past performance we long term holders have a greater hope of making profits than traders or shot term investors.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
$crypto$
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1041

Smart is not enough, there must be skills

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2024, 12:59:46 AM

Exactly since you could touch your balances which supposed to be used for holding if you don't have enough emergency funds to use for certain things needed in future. That's why its been discussed that 3 months is already enough and some other say 6 months is fine so that they will be in good shape and nothing will disturb them towards their long term hodl plans. 

If they just say that they are here for hodl but they don't do any long term preparation for sure they would fail especially if these people will encounter a huge upset and the market will suddenly experience a bear market condition since provably they would dump their coins to save their asses. For this scenario emergency funds is really needed so that they will not think about touching anything then can afford or able to forget the funds they saved.
At least 3 months of emergency funds are enough, there are also 6 months then this is better at least you are safe when there is an urgent need because with 6 months of funds of course there is still a remainder you will also not worry if you have 6 months as a reserve fund. The point is that the greater the funds in reserve you will feel safe and not disturb the investment that is being built.

Yes, someone with unpreparedness, the investment will be a little disturbed, especially if you don't think about emergency funds, you will definitely rely on existing funds, including investment funds that will be sold in the middle of the road due to other unexpected spending needs.

Actually, it's not about the market going down due to bearish that will be sold, because of their unpreparedness with emergency funds, what hurts more is where they don't have an emergency fund while the only existing assets are in BTC at that time the price is bearish, so he loses twice because he sells at a low price, and then he builds an investment in vain.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 280
Merit: 159

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 03:52:44 AM

Most investors who wait to buy bitcoin dip are doing so to make sure they buy bitcoin at a low rate since they want to accumulate their bitcoin at once with a lump sum buy. In the process, they might miss out on bitcoin because the price they were expecting it to dip to didn't happen again. When you find yourself in this situation, instead of waiting for a particular price before you buy with a lump sum, just divide the funds for the lump sum buy into two equal parts and use one part to start accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy, and keep the second part what you will use to lump sum on bitcoin when bitcoin dips to the price you were expecting.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 04:26:38 AM

People with misunderstanding, these are different things altogether, the difference is like indulging in an activity that does not guarantee a 100% assurance of making money through it, though I see people that trade as though they are into it to make fast money, to me there is no short cut in bitcoin investment profit, most times when you think that you want to outsmart the market, you will end up being outshined by what ever tricks you use, bitcoin investment is meant for people with the spirit of perseverance and patience that's why hodling was introduced, why bitcoin has not collapse is because of the holding system, the premature sellers were bridged with this process, the future and continues existence of bitcoin depends on the hodlers that's why hodling will never go into extinction, people with long term holding mindset always smile whenever the time is ripped.
You see, no investment is 100% guaranteed be it a trader or a hodler as all are very risky and due to some unforseen circumstances that may actually affect ones investments make some people to only be interested in trading rather than investing and you can't actually blame them at all. If not that Bitcoin has a higher level of volatility do you think it would have gotten this far?

Volatility is inevitable in any kind of a growing and BIG new asset class, and for something as disruptive and all encompassing like bitcoin, it is even more likely to have had been and continue to be volatile into the future... In other words, the volatility did not cause or contribute to bitcoin being successful, even though volatility does happen to be a by-product of bitcoin whether bitcoin is going to continue to be successful or not.

Inasmuch as investment in concerned, every investor is actually interested in a coin that it's future is certain that's why a lot of the investors are involved in Bitcoin. Moreover, you need to understand that despite the popularity of Bitcoin, it's still very much young looking at when it was invented till now so it's gonna take few more years before it's authenticity can be visible for all to see though it takes patience for an investor to make profitable and long lasting investments.

How do you know how long it is going to take for bitcoin's authenticity will be visible for all to see?  We might not get authenticity in bitcoin for another 50-100 years.  And what does authenticity mean exactly?  There have been certain bitcoin supporters who have already been considering bitcoin to be authentic in the last 10-15 years, and sure there is even variation in terms of how long it might take someone to become convinced about bitcoin, and even if bitcoin might be a one way street for a lot of people who learn about it, there are going to be a lot of folks who do not learn hardly anything about anything, but they merely do what everyone else is doing... so there are some people who consider bitcoin authentic because that is what everyone else is doing, or if they want to buy eggs at the corner stand rather than at the store, the farmer only takes bitcoin, so they have to figure out a way to get bitcoin because they prefer the farmers eggs rather than the store's eggs.

Let the truth be told most people are just interested in short term profits because they're always afraid of the fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin in the market hence they always panic whenever they buy at a dip and instead of the price rising it still dips further but they fail to understand that every dip gives and opportunity to accumulate more and hold for long term profits.

You are correct that we probably don't really know how much of a dip there is going to be at any given time, but still I wonder how many people actually are involved in this process of buying bitcoin, probably less than 1% of the world's population, even though there are some parts of the world in which there are higher percentages of the population who both know about bitcoin and are involved in buying it regularly.

I latter found out he has been following some self acclaimed successful Bitcoin traders on social media. I have actually seen a lot of them and the make trading appear to be a shortcut to wealth and will never tell you the real truth about it.
A lot of trading gurus end up on the wrong side of trades too, so they are all geniuses, until they end up fucking up, and there are quite a few examples of those guys..
This is why I dislike trading because even when you you are a genius in trading doesn't mean that you will not run at loss, so why will I want to learn something that even when I am an expert, I am not guarantee to make profit all the time. A little mistake and you run at a big loss.

Yep, you might have a large number of trades in which you made good money, but then one bad trade or failure to close it properly could end up wiping all of the profits from the previous trades, and sometimes it can be quite difficult to recover, and you would have been better off to employ a more straight forward approach, especially with an asset like bitcoin.  Other assets might be a different story.. because one of the things that happens in bitcoin from time to time is that it does a stair-step up, and maybe that stair step is doubling or tripling or even 5-10x, and then sure it might come back down, but it might not come back down to even close to the amount that you were out of your bitcoin position when you should have been in your bitcoin position. 

And, sometimes, it can be quite difficult to know when those upward stair stepping periods are going to be that you should be in bitcoin because they might end up coming very quickly and without any notice.. you do not notice them until they have already happened or that they are so far into the process of happening that it becomes difficult to know if or when to jump in.. when you should have had already been in, in the first place, rather than fucking around by trying to trade and pick up small amounts of value and failing/refusing to appreciate the value of the asset that you are either betting against or failing/refusing to hold. largely for those unexpected periods in which the price does an upward stair step.... .. We can point to so many of those points on the bitcoin charts, but we likely did not know that they were coming until later down the road and sometimes not even until a year or two later when we are looking at the charts and we figure out that the BTC price is not going back down to those earlier levels.   

The way a child is given birth to and the parents will take care of that child for many years spending and providing for him to make sure that he grows up and become an adult who can take care of himself and also take care of the parents when they are old, is the same way we need to invest in bitcoin and grow it through DCA gradually as a newbie so that a time will come when your bitcoin portfolio size has is big. Your money that you invested into bitcoin will start working for you by generating more profit as the price of bitcoin is increasing with timeline, and your bitcoin investment will start be your pride and it will take care of your expenses and whatever you need money for in your old age.
Your illustration is quite alright but I want to ask you from your illustration what if at the point of the parents taking care of the child in other for them to grow up and take their own responsibility then peradventure the parents losses such a child while they are trying to grow up is it a gain or a lost to the parents? See everything we are doing in life is just risk as no one knows exactly what the future holds or how it might turn out to be so also is our investments as we invest not actually because we are certain that we will make profits but because of our optimism towards positivity so anything is expected to happen to ones investment be it on the short run or the long run.

I doubt that many of us should be investing into bitcoin or anything else with a state of mind that anything can happen, because the fact of the matter is that there are more probable and less probable events and there are better and worse investments, and sometimes, we might invest into a variety of possible outcomes, but it is also quite likely that if something has 1% or less chances of happening, we should be careful that we do not invest more than 1% of our efforts, money and energy into such possibility, but we also should not treat it as zero% either.. so we have to figure out some proportionality in our actions.   

Another thing I doubt that anyone should be investing based on positive feelings, either.  There are needs to be tempered in your investment, and to have enough flexibility to reassess ways that you may be wrong or might have been wrong in the past, and sometimes adjustments might need to be made based on new information. .and positive feelings might not make any difference if you ended up investing into something based on hype rather than substance.

Remember if you don't buy the dip you can't sell the top.

That is a stupid expression... or maybe just a bad way of adising and/or giving guidance to anyone.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Hewlet

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 05:55:52 AM

although the term HODLing tend to suggest that you have to hold it for a little while, investing in bitcoin isn't all that a long term investment  as you suggest because the volatile nature of Bitcoin depict that you could have a reasonable returns even after a few month of investment unlike other asset like land that after buying, you have to wait for as long as five yeas upward before the value of the land will appreciate. We've seen the price of bitcoin rise to $42k this January and then dropped back to around $39k this same January so buying it now and after a week or two the price goes back to the $42k, if you sell it at that price, you've made your profit within the shortest possible time.

i guess what you are trying to say is that investing earlier will give you a better advantage over those waiting for the price of bitcoin to drop to as low as $37k before investing as anytime from now, the market will experience a bull that will make people without a single holding to regret their inactions and indecisive nature. This is actually true because this is actually the beat time to invest because you are certain that you wouldn't experience any loss from buying at this current price.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Promocodeudo

Activity: 378
Merit: 182

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2024, 06:22:40 AM

Buying at the dip is good but waiting for the dip is not a good idea. The best option is while waiting for the dip, buying by dca could make you reach your target faster.

To me an investor that said he is waiting for the price bitcoin to dip does not understand bitcoin concept, do you wait for something is very difficult ascertain when the price will dip or increase, I think the answer is no, when an investor is ready to invest, he should not see the price at any time as obstacle, he should see it as an opportunity to invest, early last year the price of bitcoin was not encouraging but keep happening until it rose to a sufficient amount, it dropped and continue, so I want to ask this investors, if the market keep doing this kind movement how you come to the conclusion to invest, I think procrastination should not be the mindset of an investor so that he or she won't miss out.

Justbillywitt

Activity: 224
Merit: 166

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 06:29:30 AM

although the term HODLing tend to suggest that you have to hold it for a little while, investing in bitcoin isn't all that a long term investment  as you suggest because the volatile nature of Bitcoin depict that you could have a reasonable returns even after a few month of investment unlike other asset like land that after buying, you have to wait for as long as five yeas upward before the value of the land will appreciate. We've seen the price of bitcoin rise to $42k this January and then dropped back to around $39k this same January so buying it now and after a week or two the price goes back to the $42k, if you sell it at that price, you've made your profit within the shortest possible time.
If you are are buying bitcoin and selling within few months then you are not a hodler. What you are doing is simply bitcoin scalping for few dollars. Bitcoin investment is for the long term if you must see a reasonable profitability. What happens next if you experience loss in the few months you are talking about will you still sell the bitcoin at loss? You are just looking at the positive side of bitcoin investment without considering the other possibility that price could also dip and it could take time to come up even to the price you bought it. Know it today that bitcoin investment in for the long term.

This is actually true because this is actually the beat time to invest because you are certain that you wouldn't experience any loss from buying at this current price.
In as much as I agree with you that this is the best time to invest in bitcoin. I won't agree to your statement that you are certain that one wouldn't experience any loss at this current price. Few weeks ago we saw bitcoin price above $48k and many never thought we will see $39k again, but bitcoin surprised them and traded below $40k and those who bought at $48k are still in loss. So in bitcoin investment we expect anything at all time. The market is not always one way.

Promocodeudo

Activity: 378
Merit: 182

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2024, 06:41:45 AM

Maybe some people still don't understand some of the pressures that have been said previously for this reason, so there are still people who immediately rush to invest in Bitcoin with only minimal capital and their own intentions and determination without considering emergency funds for themselves in life. Because logically, emergency funds are needed to be able to maintain the Bitcoin that we have previously purchased so that the amount of Bitcoin that has been saved will not be disturbed by bad things in real life.

So this needs to be well understood by everyone who wants to store Bitcoin more comfortably by implementing purchases in several stages or by implementing DCA as has been done by many people at this time. In my opinion, Buy the Dip, and Hodl can be done by everyone by making stages or by DCA as long as everyone has prepared emergency funds so as not to disrupt the previously determined Bitcoin purchase plan within a certain time.

Though it has been discussed here severally that emergency funds should the number plan of an investor so that his Bitcoin portfolio will not be tampered from time to time, but I want you to understand that if an investor is waiting for huge of emergency fund he won't be able to invest in Bitcoin.
I think the remedy to this is that, the investor should set his plans with the available fund, keep the emergency fund aside and do the needful with the remaining fund because, there suitable strategy for everyone here, that's why it has been said that invest with the amount within your reach and as your income keep increase, you accumulate more.
An existing or incoming investor that experienced the dip period should buy but am against waiting for the dip itself because it might t favor you as you calculated.

Tmoonz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 08:06:18 AM

You sound mixed up with your expression of HODL as regarding to the concept of the thread, the topic is based upon a presumption of Long term holding or investment plan of about 4 to 10years or longer which will create a better opportunity of experiencing compounding of your invested amount. This is what is being prioritize in the thread and not some buying and selling within the shortest possible time for profit maximization.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Gallar

Activity: 602
Merit: 291

View Profile
January 31, 2024, 08:08:24 AM

You're right buddy. Waiting for a decline when buying bitcoin is not a good thing to do, especially when bitcoin is about to enter a Halving and Bullish market. However, the context of decline that I mean here is definitely a big decline. Because if we talk about small declines that occur in Bitcoin, they will certainly always happen frequently. Therefore buying bitcoin now would be better and don't think too much or wait for the price to fall. The reason is, the current bitcoin cycle is approaching its peak price. So it is true, if you wait for a deep decline in the bitcoin cycle this time it will most likely not be achieved. Unless you wait for the decline until the Bull market is over. If you look at the habits that occur in the bitcoin market price, usually when the halving and bullish markets are over, the bitcoin price always experiences a fairly deep correction. So most likely waiting until this phase is the best opportunity to get a lower bitcoin price. But even so, it is very likely that the correction that occurs after the Bitcoin bull market will definitely be different (will be higher). So if you hope that the correction that occurs after the bullish market that occurs in this phase is the same as the previous bullish market correction, then this is definitely unlikely.

So in conclusion, there is an opportunity waiting to buy bitcoin at a cheaper price after the Bull market ends.

Every bitcoin investor must have their own strategy and method for investing their money in bitcoin. So it's natural that not all bitcoin investors do DCA. Although actually a good solution to have the most controlled bitcoin is to use the DCA strategy. But the point is that all bitcoin investors have different points of view, friend. But believe me, when they get bored of monitoring the bitcoin market price, they will definitely switch to the DCA strategy.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: