Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:32:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 405 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77312 times)
Rabata

Activity: 756
Merit: 170

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 05:29:46 PM

I don't really think that buying a fix amount of Bitcoin when talking about DCA is proper because to my own understanding, if you really want to buy through the DCA method, then you have to buy with a fix amount of money, weekly or monthly irrespective of the current price of Bitcoin, but if you want to buy a fix amount of Bitcoin, them you might  spend more or less depending on the current price of Bitcoin, but the major challenge with this strategy is that you will be forced to tamper with you emergency fund that would have been for your upkeep till month ending when you are expecting money from another source.

I just believe that the DCA method is design for us to buy in a comfortable manner, not in away that will make us to start doing opportunity cost just to meet up to the target of buying a fix amount of Bitcoin.

Let's understand this DCA stuff, when you are DCAing it doesn't mean that you are stagnated or forced to continue investing the particular amount you have been investing, you can decide or be flexible enough to adjust or increase your investment as you desire it to be, so don't misunderstand this process, I must say that your perception about this strategy is wrong, as far as Bitcoin investment is still in existence DCA is one of the best strategy rolledout for everyone no matter your income to be involved in Bitcoin investment, no one is going to do any opportunity cost stuff to meet up for anything as you said, what everyone that's is involved in DCAing needs to do is, keep investing the amount that will be comfortable for you so that you wont go about trying to borrow or thinking about spending your emergency fund in other to satisfy your investment plan.
Not all investors can afford to buy large part of Bitcoin or a fraction of bitcoin. Due to the high value of Bitcoin, many investors lost their purchasing power. But even a small investor tries to figure out how to grow his Bitcoin portfolio. Many people try to buy bitcoin regularly with a certain portion of their income because they can predict the potential of bitcoin. We generally prefer to use the DCA method as it encourages us to invest stress-free. I can collect bitcoins at my own interest. Anytime there may be a problem where I can't collect bitcoins for a specific period of time, I may be able to re-use the opportunity later. DCA does not mean that I have to collect bitcoins compulsorily. However, for regular Bitcoin purchases, adopting this effective method would be significant for accumulating bitcoin or increasing bitcoin portfolio.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1150

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 07:00:16 PM
Merited by imamusma (1)

~Snip
Not all investors can afford to buy large part of Bitcoin or a fraction of bitcoin. Due to the high value of Bitcoin, many investors lost their purchasing power. But even a small investor tries to figure out how to grow his Bitcoin portfolio.
Investors are those who have a budget to invest. The categories are different, what makes the difference is the size of the budget they have. Investors with large budgets can buy large amounts (e.g. 1 bitcoin) and they can fill their baskets easily, while investors with small budgets can buy fractions of bitcoins (e.g. 0.001 and so on).

The high value of bitcoin is not a definite reason why an investor does not choose bitcoin in his investment portfolio. They have not lost purchasing power, but perhaps there is less interest or perhaps they are waiting for a dip. Basically they don't have to wait for the dip, meaning any of them can buy at any time as long as they know how the strategy works. This thread discusses those strategies, so they can afford them regardless of budget strength.

Many people try to buy bitcoin regularly with a certain portion of their income because they can predict the potential of bitcoin. We generally prefer to use the DCA method as it encourages us to invest stress-free. I can collect bitcoins at my own interest. Anytime there may be a problem where I can't collect bitcoins for a specific period of time, I may be able to re-use the opportunity later. DCA does not mean that I have to collect bitcoins compulsorily. However, for regular Bitcoin purchases, adopting this effective method would be significant for accumulating bitcoin or increasing bitcoin portfolio.
I agree from a strategic perspective, it's definitely good. Maintaining consistency and regularly buying bitcoins is not mandatory, but if you are able to do it then you will definitely have more bitcoins in your bag. It doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you can balance your expenses and budget the rest, then you're free to invest.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 07:01:11 PM

You are missing something here, the  the idea behind the DCA method was designed to meet the need of those investors who wants to owe bitcoin but don't have the money to finance their desired level of bitcoin holding at once.  
I don't agree with you, the dca strategy is a strategy that anyone can adopt regardless of their investment sizes, even individual with substantial capital benefits from it.
Putting it directly to you that the major aim of the dca method is to offer a structured and disciplined approach to navigating the unpredictable market condition for investors accumulating Bitcoin for long term purposes other enormous advantage of the dca are secondary . Therefore an investor can buy a fixed amount of Bitcoin weekly or monthly without disrupting his other needs depending on his financial capability and a well structured plan towards his investment, including making the availability of emergency and reserve funds and taking care of his personal needs.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Samlucky O

Activity: 280
Merit: 190

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2024, 07:16:50 PM

My fellow plebs, there's no need to argue or debate on what's the best Bitcoin buying strategy. We simply need to know that if we want to HODL, it should be done with the best asset that will continue to exist for many cycles. If you want to invest in commodities - invest in Gold, if it's in stocks - choose the best companies, but in cryptocurrencies? HODL Bitcoin. Cool
You wouldn't really blame people who talks alot about Bitcoin investment strategy, because in all investment you have listed above,either commodity, Gold, stock, companies or crypto currency. Bitcoin is still more advantageous over all. Bitcoin is limited in supply an has a huge market cap and market dominance which makes it to be more valuable than others. Let take for example Gold, gold Is a physical asset. Which is not limited in supply because people continue mining Gold almost everyday and  that will drastically reduce the value of gold or keep it stagnant. But bitcoin is limited in supply and hence it becomes preferable over Gold. because Bitcoin can be baught at ease online and can be sold at any given time compeard to gold which requires physical p2p. Looking at this graph you will see while Bitcoin is more preferable than Gold and why people talks about DCA and HODL all the time because the volatility is top notch and grow increasingly over time.

Though it might not be a new version, but want to graphically show you how Bitcoin is important and why you need to invest and hold for long.

Troytech

Activity: 154
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 07:40:21 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2024, 09:09:01 PM by Troytech

You are missing something here, the  the idea behind the DCA method was designed to meet the need of those investors who wants to owe bitcoin but don't have the money to finance their desired level of bitcoin holding at once. These are the low or medium class level of income earners who receive their money on a weekly or monthly basis. The DCA gave such investors the flexibility to own bitcoin without disrupting their daily financial needs in their lives. So if they are to buy at a fixed amount of money as they can afford let's say $50 or more weekly or monthly that will be okay with them. But if the idea was to be buying at fixed fraction of bitcoin weekly or monthly it will be difficult for them to meet up, and also it disrupt their other financial obligations in their lives.
How often do we see the dip? Mind you there is no general acceptable price level that is considered as dip. Dip is on individual satisfaction level.

Your making it sound  like DCA is a strategy that is used only by people without proper funds to buy bitcoin at once which is totally wrong, I can have enough funds to buy bitcoin and still decide to DCA because of the advantages it has over other strategies or preference, and we should not forget that we DCA to remove the panic and fear that comes with market volatility, not low budget, the only reason DCA has been said to be good for low income eaners is cause it allows them to split the total amount they should use to buy bitcoin at once into bits until they are able to aquire their desired bitcoin.

I can have up to 50k$ and I know I am fully able to purchase one whole bitcoin and decide to divide the money into 4 equal parts and buy Bitcoin, I can end up acquiring more bitcoin because of the volatility of the market and it becomes advantageous to me. And I also think another reason we prefer the DCA method is that, it supports holders more than any other strategy, cause if I had a dream to accumulate up to 10 bitcoins in 5 years and I had enough money to buy a whole bitcoin, i can chose to divide the money in parts and keep on buying in part so I could replenish the money and buy more, instead of just going for a lump sum at once.

I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 155

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 08:57:31 PM

You are missing something here, the  the idea behind the DCA method was designed to meet the need of those investors who wants to owe bitcoin but don't have the money to finance their desired level of bitcoin holding at once.  
I don't agree with you, the dca strategy is a strategy that anyone can adopt regardless of their investment sizes, even individual with substantial capital benefits from it.
Putting it directly to you that the major aim of the dca method is to offer a structured and disciplined approach to navigating the unpredictable market condition for investors accumulating Bitcoin for long term purposes other enormous advantage of the dca are secondary . Therefore an investor can buy a fixed amount of Bitcoin weekly or monthly without disrupting his other needs depending on his financial capability and a well structured plan towards his investment, including making the availability of emergency and reserve funds and taking care of his personal needs.
I think you both actually got a point. At first what justybillywitt is trying to say is that most investors and not financially capable in purchasing a big quantities you of bitcoin (like 1 bitcoin and above) so inorder to meet up they would start practicing the DCA method to start accumulating the quantities they are capable of accumulating That period so as time goes on their portfolio will grow massively to that state of accumulating such large quantities of bitcoin without buying it ones. But another advantage sti attached to this DCA method during the process of using the DCA method in buying in different time or fixed time interval. You would end up accumulating bitcoin in different prices not like just buying ones in a fixed price at that moment. But in DCA method your buying prices varies either you buy when the price increase or dip. Most time when you buy at certain price and it's dip you won't be In much loss because of the different price you where accumulating. But in a scenario where market experience a dip and you buy the dip using DCA method and it dip again and you still  buy the dip with same method, so whenever market turn greens (rises) you would endup making huge profits than just buying ones that why still even though most people can afford more than one bitcoin they still exercise the DCA method to accumulate more in different prices.

Furious 7

Activity: 2856
Merit: 641

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 09:06:15 PM

I might not be right on this, but hear my opinion and what I've learnt so far l,  I dont think the problem here is selling our bitcoin to get more bitcoin, but it should not be on our list of strategies as eaely investors, cause when we are trying to be smart about thigns and trying to take advantage of volatility
Well, you made your point  and it'sactuallya good one. Fine, it's  a strategy and we definitely have somepeople practicing this but it's  not a good one to be precise and thank God you know it's a gamble because volatile  market like Bitcoin  are not easily determined on a short term basis
You end it well  though!

Even if it is said to be a strategy and there are still those who use it but i don't think it will be too worth it because indeed if something like this is done i would say that it would be a trade not an investment and indeed trading and Investment cannot be equated in the end.

There are some strategies that are better than doing something risky like that because even though there are some conditions that require us to be more aggressive in doing something but that doesn't mean we have to sacrifice a big thing for a situation that we can't even control.
When bitcoin is sold then it is not ours and it would be unfortunate if indeed when selling and expecting a bigger decline it will backfire on themselves.
That is why we must have a good initial plan because when the decline arrives we can buy with the funds we have prepared beforehand instead of selling the bitcoin we already have.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Onyeeze

Activity: 504
Merit: 151

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 09:44:08 PM

I might not be right on this, but hear my opinion and what I've learnt so far l,  I dont think the problem here is selling our bitcoin to get more bitcoin, but it should not be on our list of strategies as eaely investors, cause when we are trying to be smart about thigns and trying to take advantage of volatility
Well, you made your point  and it'sactuallya good one. Fine, it's  a strategy and we definitely have somepeople practicing this but it's  not a good one to be precise and thank God you know it's a gamble because volatile  market like Bitcoin  are not easily determined on a short term basis
You end it well  though!

Even if it is said to be a strategy and there are still those who use it but i don't think it will be too worth it because indeed if something like this is done i would say that it would be a trade not an investment and indeed trading and Investment cannot be equated in the end.

There are some strategies that are better than doing something risky like that because even though there are some conditions that require us to be more aggressive in doing something but that doesn't mean we have to sacrifice a big thing for a situation that we can't even control.
When bitcoin is sold then it is not ours and it would be unfortunate if indeed when selling and expecting a bigger decline it will backfire on themselves.
That is why we must have a good initial plan because when the decline arrives we can buy with the funds we have prepared beforehand instead of selling the bitcoin we already have.
let me come in with my own understanding concerning bitcoin investment and the threading of Bitcoin so the two things are very different but they have the same risk measure so in this aspect I will say that bitcoin investment is something that used to do with a risk and they trading of Bitcoin is also a risky measure,  so anything that concerns bitcoin is all about risk both the trading aspects and also investment aspects of bitcoin, the thing that's important in Bitcoin is to know exactly your objectives or what you want in bitcoin, so with that you can know your direction, but aspects of risk, everything about investment is all about risk and you most take a risk before you can become successful

Richbased

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2024, 10:59:42 PM

I don't know if the DCA method can be calculated in terms of the Bitcoin quantity because what I do know is that it is based on dollar amount that is why it is called dollar-cost averaging. If an investor decides to buy a fixed quantity of Bitcoin per time irrespective of price fluctuations, that is possible and achievable as it may be that he would have set a target to achieve in terms of Bitcoin quantity. For instance, someone can set a target of owning 1BTC before his 20th birthday and may decide to be accumulating 0.01BTC weekly or monthly as the case may be. As expected, he would have made adequate financial preparations for this, bearing in mind that while following his plans he will also pay his bills and also set up some reserve funds. I do not see anything wrong with setting such personal targets neither does it mean that he would not have factored in price fluctuations in his planning.

I look forward to seeing what others will have to say about such plans, if it qualifies as DCA or something similar to it. I'm with my pen and my note, time to learn something new.

For me I really don't think an investor can be able to buy a fixed quantity of Bitcoin within a stipulated time interval reason being that the price of Bitcoin might keep soaring higher thereby he can't afford buying same quantity of Bitcoin as the previous one he bought while the price was lesser and moreover, just like your illustration about if a investor wants to achieve 1BTC on his 20th birthday and let's assume that the birthday would be in three years time and his DCA every week is like $1000 and from his speculation of the price of Bitcoin in that three years is like $150,000 and let's say in that 3 years the price of Bitcoin now reached $200,000 so definitely his DCA in that three years will amount $156,000 so you can see that he didn't meet up his targets of owning that 1 BTC on his birthday after his speculation 3 years back.
There is a saying that "the end justify the means", so when the end is known, there will always be means of actualizing it. You seems to sound with the tone that everyone investing in Bitcoin is so poor that they cannot afford to buy Bitcoin if the price makes x2 of the currency price. This is a wrong mindset because there are a lot of rich people investing in Bitcoin and such people can set their plans based on the quantity of Bitcoin they want to have accumulated at a certain time in the future. Some people can even set the target of  buying 1BTC per year as long as they live, to save the money for their children. These are possibilities that we cannot ignored thinking that everyone investing in Bitcoin is broke. You must understand that our purposes of investing in Bitcoin differs.

While some people are buying and holding Bitcoin as an escape from poverty, some are pushing some of their funds into Bitcoin as a hedge for their other businesses. Some are actually saving their retirement benefits in Bitcoin. We must appreciate our peculiarities as that itself is the beauty of life. What matter most is being able to invest in such a way that it will not give you pressures or discomfort.

Regardless of the fact that we're optimistic about the future but however, the future is not known as all we are doing is just taking the risk and expecting to join the billionaires if things goes in our direction, actually I don't have that mindset that people who are investing in Bitcoin are poor, moreover most of the highest investors are people that are wealthy but what i was only trying to clarify is that as time goes on that's how the price of Bitcoin keeps skyrocketing thereby anyone using the DCA and making speculations about having a certain quantity of Bitcoin at a particular time in the future may not really achieve that though making speculations are good because it helps to boost ones confidence spirit that you are almost at the verge of meeting up your desired accumulating amount but sometimes when we give time with which our investments would be matured enough it might make us to stop buying when we approach that target we had that's why I said it is better to keep buying and hodling regardless of if you've met your target or not.

Buying and hodling doesn't only stand as poverty alleviation for the poor people in the society but for all and sundry who wishes to venture into Bitcoin investment in other to accumulate the asset in their portfolio so that it can stand as a future income generation strategy for them maybe when they're are not too strong to work again and continue DCA.

Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 11:01:44 PM

Experience could be one factor to facilitate one's decision to continue holding their investment, some people are easily moved with a slight increase in the price of Bitcoin and can as well be tempted not just new investors even those who had long stayed in the system and have not yet understand the power of long term holding, so it goes more with the mindset, we are clearly expected to open our mind and accept the fact that during our Bitcoin accumulation it is expected of us to generate the mindset of long term holding and abstain from unnecessary sell pressure.
An investor should have his mind on a long term investment plan, before he venture into investing in bitcoin. He can achieve this by having a bitcoin target as his goal, so that this will keep him more focus and consistent on his bitcoin accumulation. Since he has that on his mind, he will not think of selling when he sees a little profit from the price of bitcoin, because he has not reached his bitcoin target.

But when an investor does not have a bitcoin target and he is just investing, he might be entice by the little profit that he has made in his bitcoin investment and forget that he has plans to go on a long term investment, and he will see the little profit as something big to him, which might make him sell his investment thinking that it will be easy for him to buy back, killing his long term investing goal. This is why we need to set a bitcoin target to help us achieve our long term goal, by hodling and accumulating bitcoin using DCA method, and also lump sum when we have the opportunity to buy at the dip.
Itt is highly expected as an investor but still unfortunate on how most people still deviate from the long term approach and settle down for a short term investment. Lack of patience means minimizing the amount of profit to be made from investing, it is always ideal to take the holding step and approach, many have tried the system and it worked perfectly.

Any investor who begins his accumulation without setting a budget is prone to all what you have mentioned. We should also understand that the budget being set should not be the limit to our investment, after beating the budget it is also ideal to extend further and keep accumulating but now it can be taken in a more stable manner.

nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 11:07:50 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Many people try to buy bitcoin regularly with a certain portion of their income because they can predict the potential of bitcoin. We generally prefer to use the DCA method as it encourages us to invest stress-free. I can collect bitcoins at my own interest. Anytime there may be a problem where I can't collect bitcoins for a specific period of time, I may be able to re-use the opportunity later. DCA does not mean that I have to collect bitcoins compulsorily. However, for regular Bitcoin purchases, adopting this effective method would be significant for accumulating bitcoin or increasing bitcoin portfolio.
I agree from a strategic perspective, it's definitely good. Maintaining consistency and regularly buying bitcoins is not mandatory, but if you are able to do it then you will definitely have more bitcoins in your bag. It doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you can balance your expenses and budget the rest, then you're free to invest.

It will turn into a must if you really have good intentions and seriousness in the accumulation that you want to run, anyone always wants bitcoin and the only way for you to be able to get or increase the amount of bitcoin then obviously you need to maintain the following planning as well as the consistency of the allocation of money on your bitcoin accumulation. On the other hand, yes I understand that not everyone is able to do it because there are quite a lot of factors that can make you experience delays and one of them is like what you said where finances are always a problem for most people who end up experiencing delays.

Although investing is basically a choice but not everyone can choose to do it and as I said above that they really need to change something in their finances one of which is by adding a part-time job to increase income, although investing can be very profitable when you succeed but it is not the right decision if you basically prioritize investing over budgeting to meet daily needs because after all your life is more important, and one way if you really want to get involved is obviously by improving financial strength, if everything already looks balanced in the sense that you don't have a problem even if you share some of your money on other things like bitcoin then obviously you can start getting more serious in accumulation.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Agbamoni

Activity: 322
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 07, 2024, 11:33:30 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2)

Experience could be one factor to facilitate one's decision to continue holding their investment, some people are easily moved with a slight increase in the price of Bitcoin and can as well be tempted not just new investors even those who had long stayed in the system and have not yet understand the power of long term holding, so it goes more with the mindset, we are clearly expected to open our mind and accept the fact that during our Bitcoin accumulation it is expected of us to generate the mindset of long term holding and abstain from unnecessary sell pressure.
An investor should have his mind on a long term investment plan, before he venture into investing in bitcoin. He can achieve this by having a bitcoin target as his goal, so that this will keep him more focus and consistent on his bitcoin accumulation. Since he has that on his mind, he will not think of selling when he sees a little profit from the price of bitcoin, because he has not reached his bitcoin target.
Show me an investor without targets and goals and i will show you an investor that will surely lose in his investment. We have small and big investors in bitcoin investment. The big investors are the investors that can afford to buy a whole of bitcoin, so if they buy one or more bitcoins, they focus more on protecting their portfolios by avoiding significant risk to make profit. While for the small investors their focus is to accumulate as much, they can within a schedule time frame that they gave themselves and they will be more affected if they carelessly take any risk of selling little or trading with their portfolio. Any loss they experience will cost them a lot and will extend their targeted period.

What am saying in conclusion is that the wealthy people don't need Bitcoin to get rich. And they probably don't focus on setting a target for investment. But they are masters when it comes to long term investment. There main intentions are to buy enough bitcoin so that they can maintain their level of wealth or double it no matter what happens.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Callido

Activity: 18
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2024, 12:04:03 AM

It will turn into a must if you really have good intentions and seriousness in the accumulation that you want to run, anyone always wants bitcoin and the only way for you to be able to get or increase the amount of bitcoin then obviously you need to maintain the following planning as well as the consistency of the allocation of money on your bitcoin accumulation. On the other hand, yes I understand that not everyone is able to do it because there are quite a lot of factors that can make you experience delays and one of them is like what you said where finances are always a problem for most people who end up experiencing delays.

Although investing is basically a choice but not everyone can choose to do it and as I said above that they really need to change something in their finances one of which is by adding a part-time job to increase income, although investing can be very profitable when you succeed but it is not the right decision if you basically prioritize investing over budgeting to meet daily needs because after all your life is more important, and one way if you really want to get involved is obviously by improving financial strength, if everything already looks balanced in the sense that you don't have a problem even if you share some of your money on other things like bitcoin then obviously you can start getting more serious in accumulation.
During Bitcoin accumulation, we should be able and totally willing to invoke the spirit of discipline and consistency when making use of the DCA technique. DCAING requires a lot of determination to get the expected result and it doesn't just happen on a platter of Gold, the mindset must be in conjunction to what was planned not forfeiting any slated date for investing or deciding to alter the process in order to enjoy pleasures.

Before investing, DCAING in particular a person should already have a well descent job that can help with personal expenses meeting up with cost of living and keeping aside funds incase of emergency, we should first prioritize the concept of not investing when not financially buoyant to be able meeting up with life challenges, it will only lead to altering investment portfolio.

What am saying in conclusion is that the wealthy people don't need Bitcoin to get rich. And they probably don't focus on setting a target for investment. But they are masters when it comes to long term investment. There main intentions are to buy enough bitcoin so that they can maintain their level of wealth or double it no matter what happens.
Why alter investment portfolio so soon when having a lot to spend outside of that but not necessary a good excuse as to why average income earners should not hold for a long term because it Is primarily based on the mindset and determination even the rich can not hold for long if lacking such attributes of holding longer.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 08, 2024, 12:45:58 AM
Merited by nara1892 (1)

[edited out]
Emergency funds savings set aside specifically to cover unexpected expenses or financial emergencies.These funds are typically taken process can be followed DCA.Financial experts often recommend having enough funds in an emergency fund to cover three to six months' worth of living expenses although the exact amount may vary depending on individual circumstances.

This funds in that they have set aside to provide financial stability and security at-least 10% or 15% BTC. It's are often used in a broader sense encompassing savings set aside for various purposes beyond just emergencies.Reserve funds may include savings for future large purchases, planning to expenses or to cover fluctuations in income or expenses and also can be used strategically to maintain financial health and stability over the long term.

Float can delay between when a check is written and when it clears from the issuer's account float effectively can provide opportunities for cash flow management and may allow individuals or businesses to earn interest or other benefits from the temporary use of funds.
emergency funds and reserve funds are savings set aside for financial stability and security with emergency funds specifically designated for unexpected expenses while float refers to the time delay in financial transactions. Each concept plays a role in ensuring financial health and stability in both personal and business finances.

You really must be a bot.  No?

so sometimes we do likely have to try to figure out whether guys really have long term intentions or if they are merely engaged in some kind of flipping practice or pursuing dollars, which seems to then result in trading rather than investing, even though there still might be profits involved, but not the kinds of profits that would come from both longer term holding or investing over a long period of time, and then the earliest purchased bitcoins will likely have higher levels of profits than the more recent purchased coins, yet it also seems that the longer and longer that we stay invested then we will be building and building the size of our BTC stash and the longer that we are in, then probably the more likely that we are going to have older coins that have gone up a lot in value.. perhaps both exponentially and having several compounding events.. and at least those are goals, even though they surely are not guaranteed and even along our bitcoin journey we are also likely going to experience a lot of volatility along the way and have strategies in place to deal with the likely to be near inevitable volatility without panicking.
Many are not interested in any investment that will take up longer time probably with the notion that they are not going to live longer enough to enjoy it neither do they want family or generation to enjoy it or that they are much comfortable with their current condition and refused to take a step.
I think you are getting it all wrong because that's not what @JayJuanGee was emphasizing on, however I don't think your theory concerning the reason why most people doesn't go for long term holding is right because I find it to be an assumption because there is no way an investor will allow his mindset of living long or not determines his intentions of holding Bitcoin for a very long term because there is no way an investor will no when he will be gone,

When people get older they might not have enough confidence to invest into anything for 4-10 years or longer, so a question might be if they meet the minimum requirement of 4 years, and if they do not, then they may well have to consider their own senses in regards to how liquid that they need to be, and if it might be a good idea to invest into something like bitcoin for a period that is less than 4 years... maybe they still invest, but instead of considering 5% to 25%, they instead might just consider 1% to 2%, and even that might be too much.. so if their timeline for investing (even though they don't know when they are going to die) might be less, they still might be willing to put some value into bitcoin, but that would be more like trading or trying to play a short term wave rather than longer term investing...

Another thing is that they are not sure if they are going to need the money in less than 4 years, so they decide to put some money into BTC andthey know that they have to reduce the amount that they would be willing to put in, because they are gambling on not needing the money for 4 years, even though they are not really sure since they might already know about circumstances of their health, their age and/or maybe the status of their other funds that causes them concerns in regards to when they might need the money and maybe it is 50/50 odds that they could keep it invested for at least 4 years, which they have to take those kinds of factors into account when deciding if and if they decide in the affirmative to invest into bitcoin then how much and how to do it..

so that shouldn't be a determining factor against his Bitcoin accumulation and however short term or flipping practice is even the worst because you could lose everything all in the name of chasing Bitcoin price, perhaps understanding the power of holding Bitcoin is actually the beginning of your investment knowledge because holding is the only way to the heart of Bitcoin.

Exactly why it is problematic to have less than a 4-year investment time horizon when you invest into bitcoin, but we cannot stop people from doing it and we cannot imagine circumstances in which it still might be reasonable to invest some into bitcoin, but just a smaller amount as compared if you clearly had more confidence of having a 4 year or longer investment time horizon.

And of course, guys can do whatever they like, yet if we are talking about various accumulation strategies in this thread, it can be a bit irritating when we see guys talking about strategies that seem to gravitate towards trading or even selling to accumulate more BTC, but then at the same time, they do not present the idea very well, and surely it seem to be off topic since even the topic of the thread does not say anything about selling and the idea of HODL in the context of this thread largely is suggesting the opposite... don't sell.  So then there is nothing wrong with having different opinions, even though the concept of trading or selling to accumulate seems to be off topic.. at least for guys who may admit that they are in the earliest of stages of their BTC accumulation journey..

so sometimes we do likely have to try to figure out whether guys really have long term intentions or if they are merely engaged in some kind of flipping practice or pursuing dollars, which seems to then result in trading rather than investing, even though there still might be profits involved, but not the kinds of profits that would come from both longer term holding or investing over a long period of time, and then the earliest purchased bitcoins will likely have higher levels of profits than the more recent purchased coins, yet it also seems that the longer and longer that we stay invested then we will be building and building the size of our BTC stash and the longer that we are in, then probably the more likely that we are going to have older coins that have gone up a lot in value.. perhaps both exponentially and having several compounding events.. and at least those are goals, even though they surely are not guaranteed and even along our bitcoin journey we are also likely going to experience a lot of volatility along the way and have strategies in place to deal with the likely to be near inevitable volatility without panicking.
from what you're saying you may agree with me that between the earliest stage bitcoin holders and the recent stage holders, the earliest stage bitcoin holders has the tendency to hold much more longer than they have even previously held compared to the recent bitcoin holders who have just gotten into the market and have little or no experience of certain ups and down in the market from what earliest holders must have experienced.

Imagine a $7k price rise into the current $43k+ price of bitcoin making it $50k, a recent holder will be triggered)tempted to jump into selling to make dollar profit forgetting that the idea was initially to hold for a long long period accumulatively without tampering regardless of  the market price, but to an earliest holder such a price increase is next to nothing or less because he had seen many higher price increases in the past than what he's getting now and to him the holding target continues even after the next ATH. It will take a lot of discipline and determination to hold irrespective of what come may in price for a recent holder to find himself in the lines of holding for long as expected.

You are likely correct Obim34 that the HODLer mindset is not ONLY a factor of how long any of us has been in bitcoin, even though level of conviction likely can grow through time, and the actions of holding is largely demonstrating that a level of conviction exists.

Newer BTC HODLers can also build these kinds of HODLers mindsets, and maybe part of the way to build a HODLer mindset in earlier times is to be careful NOT to overly invest and to engage in measures to take emotions out of your investment, which a combination of techniques help to reinforce those kinds of HODLer ideas.  So if we are keeping sound practices in which we might stock up and prepare for up with a bit of front loading and then regularly DCA and maybe keep some extra funds for buying on the dip, building our emergency fund and with the passage of time our systems are tested and the maintaining of the balance and building of the balance reinforces the HODLer mentality - even though there can be challenging times to figure out how much to invest and how to invest and how much value to keep in reserves even if the BTC price might be dipping, there might already be a plan in place and some of the buying on the way down affects how much of a balance of cash that we continue to have in reserves t o be able to continue to buy more BTC.. which there might be some situations where we just have to HODL through situations that we run out of cash, we wait for our next paycheck to come in so that we can buy more, but we still might have to be careful NOT to overly spend,  especially if we had already been buying on dips and we are running out of money and the BTC price keeps dipping.

The more we go through these various challenges without panicking and while maintaining some kind of a budget concerning when to buy, these can all reinforce our conviction, even though sometimes we might be uncomfortable for periods in which we might have to just HODL through it.. since we might have already made our buys and we ONLY have so much money that we can buy with at any particular price point and also over any particular point of time.. absent figuring out if there might be ways to earn more money during such times..

...... what i was only trying to clarify is that as time goes on that's how the price of Bitcoin keeps skyrocketing thereby anyone using the DCA and making speculations about having a certain quantity of Bitcoin at a particular time in the future may not really achieve that though making speculations are good because it helps to boost ones confidence spirit that you are almost at the verge of meeting up your desired accumulating amount but sometimes when we give time with which our investments would be matured enough it might make us to stop buying when we approach that target we had that's why I said it is better to keep buying and hodling regardless of if you've met your target or not.

The above bolded statement comes off as a bit contradictory, yet I can see that sometimes people will be lacking confidence in regards to whether they have created an appropriate target, including having enough of a price cushion in order to be able to live off of the money, for example.

We likely realize that there are so many fiat investments that do not seem to work out very well, and part of the reason for their not working out has to do with the ongoing, persistent and consistent debasing of the dollar (and other fiat currencies).

Personally, I believe that if we are valuing our BTC in accordance with the 200-week moving average, then we are more likely going to be able to set more realistic goals as compared with our getting caught upon BTC price spices and the various uncertainties that come from trying to figure out the various price waves.  My sustainable withdrawal proposals and my attempts at measuring entry-level fuck you status relates to value foundations based on using the 200-week moving average.

You are kind of contradicting yourself.  Wealthy people might not need bitcoin to get rich because they are already rich, but they may end up needing to get some bitocin to stay rich, otherwise they are likely going to fall behind since we seem to be likely in the midst of one of the largest wealth transfers (if not the largest) ever, so people who do not have bitcoin will be transferring their  wealth to the people who have bitcoin, and if the people who have bitcoin are poor, then they have to figure out how to make sure that they mostly hang onto their bitcoin during this process...

and yeah, rich people have advantages over poor people, but who is rich and how richness is defined is in the process of changing and will likely continue to stay in the process of changing while the no coiners figure out that they likely should get some coins or else run the risk of not being able to hang onto whatever wealth status that they had previously had... and yeah it likely is going to take quite a bit of time for all of this to play out and we are still early, so there are still possibilities for a lot of poor people to do well as long as they identify bitcoin as the solution and they figure out ways to accumulate bitcoin without either losing it or putting their own BTC holdings at too much risk by engaging in unnecessary risky behaviors.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Fuso.hp

Activity: 448
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 08, 2024, 03:18:08 AM

I don't really think that buying a fix amount of Bitcoin when talking about DCA is proper because to my own understanding, if you really want to buy through the DCA method, then you have to buy with a fix amount of money, weekly or monthly irrespective of the current price of Bitcoin, but if you want to buy a fix amount of Bitcoin, them you might  spend more or less depending on the current price of Bitcoin, but the major challenge with this strategy is that you will be forced to tamper with you emergency fund that would have been for your upkeep till month ending when you are expecting money from another source.

I just believe that the DCA method is design for us to buy in a comfortable manner, not in away that will make us to start doing opportunity cost just to meet up to the target of buying a fix amount of Bitcoin.

Let's understand this DCA stuff, when you are DCAing it doesn't mean that you are stagnated or forced to continue investing the particular amount you have been investing, you can decide or be flexible enough to adjust or increase your investment as you desire it to be, so don't misunderstand this process, I must say that your perception about this strategy is wrong, as far as Bitcoin investment is still in existence DCA is one of the best strategy rolledout for everyone no matter your income to be involved in Bitcoin investment, no one is going to do any opportunity cost stuff to meet up for anything as you said, what everyone that's is involved in DCAing needs to do is, keep investing the amount that will be comfortable for you so that you wont go about trying to borrow or thinking about spending your emergency fund in other to satisfy your investment plan.
Not all investors can afford to buy large part of Bitcoin or a fraction of bitcoin. Due to the high value of Bitcoin, many investors lost their purchasing power. But even a small investor tries to figure out how to grow his Bitcoin portfolio. Many people try to buy bitcoin regularly with a certain portion of their income because they can predict the potential of bitcoin. We generally prefer to use the DCA method as it encourages us to invest stress-free. I can collect bitcoins at my own interest. Anytime there may be a problem where I can't collect bitcoins for a specific period of time, I may be able to re-use the opportunity later. DCA does not mean that I have to collect bitcoins compulsorily. However, for regular Bitcoin purchases, adopting this effective method would be significant for accumulating bitcoin or increasing bitcoin portfolio.
Investors must invest according to their own ability. And those investors who invest beyond their means surely cannot hold their investments deeply. I have seen many investors who borrowed money to invest but never achieved the desired investment results. 

Currently, the price of a bitcoin is 45000 dollars, naturally, not everyone can afford to buy a bitcoin for 45 thousand dollars. But there is no such thing as I have to buy one bitcoin or more than that in order to invest. Buying Bitcoin with $45,000 is an investment, and investing with $100 is still an investment. We need to understand the real meaning of investment, when we understand the true meaning of investment, investment will seem very easy to us and investing will become more important to us. 
It does not matter how much money I invested. I believe that professionals can afford to invest in each. 

I have seen many investors who earn a relatively small amount of money every month but they only spend money on family with the expectation of investing and the money that is saved at the end of the month they invest in bitcoins. Respect must be given to those who make such a struggle for investment.

No amount of investment should be underestimated, as investors now consider DCA method of investing as a safer and more accurate method in which investors can consistently invest a minimum amount of money. If we think about something in short term then we will be disappointed but if we think about the same thing in long term it will give us confidence. No matter how much money we invest every month, we need to calculate the long-term plan and the long-term plan should calculate how much our investment will be at the end of the specified period. If we do long-term calculations in this way, it will be seen that our investment amount is much more than what we expected at the end of the specified period. This calculation is only the calculation of the capital that will be deposited by the investor and the profit is not being calculated additionally, if the long-term investment is made, the profit amount is always higher.

Show me an investor without targets and goals and i will show you an investor that will surely lose in his investment. We have small and big investors in bitcoin investment. The big investors are the investors that can afford to buy a whole of bitcoin, so if they buy one or more bitcoins, they focus more on protecting their portfolios by avoiding significant risk to make profit. While for the small investors their focus is to accumulate as much, they can within a schedule time frame that they gave themselves and they will be more affected if they carelessly take any risk of selling little or trading with their portfolio. Any loss they experience will cost them a lot and will extend their targeted period.

To every investor his investment is very valuable and very important. Suppose you have an investment of $500 while another investor has an investment of $5000. After you invest the market is dumping a bit due to which you face a temporary loss of 50 dollars from your total investment and on the other hand the person who invested 5000 dollars faces a loss of 500 dollars in this case but both expect the market to be positive. It's wrong to say that you don't expect to see your losses relatively low because you have a maximum investment of $500 while another investor has a maximum investment of $5000. We should never look at another investor who invested so much at once while I invested a small amount. You may think that this small amount of investment is nothing compared to other investors but you have maximized your potential and that is the most important thing for you. In the case of investment, you can try to get some idea through others, but do not directly match your investment amount with others.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
michellee

Activity: 2772
Merit: 842

🐺Spinarium.com🐺 - iGaming casino

View Profile
February 08, 2024, 04:31:03 AM

Investors must invest according to their own ability. And those investors who invest beyond their means surely cannot hold their investments deeply. I have seen many investors who borrowed money to invest but never achieved the desired investment results. 

Currently, the price of a bitcoin is 45000 dollars, naturally, not everyone can afford to buy a bitcoin for 45 thousand dollars. But there is no such thing as I have to buy one bitcoin or more than that in order to invest. Buying Bitcoin with $45,000 is an investment, and investing with $100 is still an investment. We need to understand the real meaning of investment, when we understand the true meaning of investment, investment will seem very easy to us and investing will become more important to us. 
It does not matter how much money I invested. I believe that professionals can afford to invest in each. 

I have seen many investors who earn a relatively small amount of money every month but they only spend money on family with the expectation of investing and the money that is saved at the end of the month they invest in bitcoins. Respect must be given to those who make such a struggle for investment.
An investor will take into account his abilities before he starts investing. He will not rush into making decisions and will still research first so he has more information. He will do it and carry out his plan if he is sure of his decision. However, an investor who borrows money to invest must have a mature plan to use his investment well. However, some investors don't have short-, medium-, and long-term plans but manage to develop them to make big profits.

We are lucky to be able to invest in Bitcoin. We can buy Bitcoin with a limited amount of money. Let's say we want to buy at $10 regularly. We can do this on many occasions, regardless of the price of Bitcoin when we buy Bitcoin. Many investors don't understand this because most of them only chase profits in a short time. In crypto, they can't always get it because it depends on market movements. And most people also don't understand the meaning of investment because they just follow what others suggest and do.

Many small investors can survive and continue to invest in Bitcoin. They can allocate a small amount of money to invest in Bitcoin regularly. We have to respect this because they are trying to have investments even with limited capital.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
Hewlet

Merit: 114

View Profile
February 08, 2024, 05:19:32 AM

But when an investor does not have a bitcoin target and he is just investing, he might be entice by the little profit that he has made in his bitcoin investment and forget that he has plans to go on a long term investment, and he will see the little profit as something big to him, which might make him sell his investment thinking that it will be easy for him to buy back, killing his long term investing goal. This is why we need to set a bitcoin target to help us achieve our long term goal, by hodling and accumulating bitcoin using DCA method, and also lump sum when we have the opportunity to buy at the dip.
this makes a lot of sense to me and I guess part of the issue I was having with relation to How long is actually long enough to term it Holding is based on the fact that I'm a new investor that doesn't have enough holding and so a little profit in the short term tend to trigger me to wanting to sell it off since there are pressing needs that sometimes makes me feel like if I take back my investment whenever a little profit tops it up, I could use it to solve certain issues and then buy again and Hodl.

But as we've continued to learn from this thread, it's becoming glaringly clear that the most profitable means of investment into bitcoin is a long-term investment and that the DCA strategy is a great toll to enabling enabling us accumulate more bitcoin at our convenience even when our financial strength isn't all that strong.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
armanda90

Activity: 994
Merit: 552

View Profile
February 08, 2024, 07:11:48 AM

Need part time job to be bitcoin investor because has small fund and having enough income for daily needs will likely be difficult to set aside to invest in Bitcoin. Before have decision for investing in bitcoin necessary improving financial to be better and some time when some time get emergency not must to sell our bitcoin investment assets have been priority for long term investment. Actually we are having many hours in daily days after spending for offline or main job and possibility use few hours for part job as online or offline

I think part time job could be alternative for investing capital in bitcoin in long term and each countries has different variations in the salary received for hourly work. The most important thing is desire to invest in bitcoin as much as possible and want to find part time job to use as capital for long-term investment in Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Justbillywitt

Activity: 238
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 08, 2024, 08:27:53 AM

Sometimes many people fail to invest in bitcoin not necessarily that they don't have money to invest. Or that they need extra income to income to boost their investment chances. Some of these people are just looking for someone to act as a motivating factor for them before they can invest. Many people in here develop more interest in investing and hodling bitcoin because of their continuous visiting and reading of this thread, and seeing the knowledge that are being shared here and it motivated them. There could be several reasons why many hesitate to invest, but like you said above, investment is basically a choice.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Samlucky O

Merit: 190

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2024, 09:44:12 AM

There could be several reasons why many hesitate to invest, but like you said above, investment is basically a choice.
You are pretty right most people are skeptical about Bitcoin investment probably due to speculation from friends and family or social media which make them have that negative inception in them and always make them think awkward about bitcoin. According to my research I was made do understand that why many people are afraid of investing in bitcoin is as follows:
1. Extreme volatility
2. Neither commodity, nor currency
 3. Don’t invest if you don’t understand
4. An unregulated space
5. The issue of legality
6. Ponzi schemes abound
7. Prone to illegal activity
You can click on this link here,  for the full explanation

But however, this factors does not implies that one should not hold on to Bitcoin. Or invest on it. I see this factors listed above as a deceptive factor and a speculation due to misinformation and lack of Doing proper research. Lack of focus with negative mindset Leeds to misconception. Despite most of them are true, but we should always take advantage of the important part of it rather than sticking to the negative aspect. Everything that has advantage also has disadvantages but the advantages should not be underestimated. Just buy and hold is the way and nothing else.

Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 405 »
  Print  

Jump to: