Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:39:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 418 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 79819 times)
arjunmujay

Activity: 686
Merit: 167

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2024, 10:49:56 PM

Whenever we start investing in this method we need to plan for long term so that we can maintain this investment method for long time.If one starts his investment with 50 dollars initially then he may be able to increase the amount of money in his investment later if he has financial solvency.
Dollar cost averaging (DCA) is the best as a long-term investment plan, with DIP to consider if you have a lump sum of money.If you invest in DIP, it will be of great help in times of crisis. If you have investments elsewhere, you can definitely invest in Bitcoin. It is sure that Bitcoin will benefit you greatly. So called fiat money will give you 5% or 10% profit but bitcoin will give you a lot of profit.
Currently we are in the bullish run so I don't know what dip you are talking about.

Are you mentioning the dip that occurs in short time frame like in 24 hour candles? Which is good if you happen to buy at that time but generally who pursue DCA usually invest when they have money which is generally when they recieve their salary so don't wait for the dip if DCA is your primary go to method but as said if there is money sitting in somewhere else then there is no better time to invest then than now.
yes, that's what I meant. because I myself once thought, wouldn't it be better if I bought bitcoin when the price was down. or at least you can make a profit for the next 24 hours.
because even though I use the DCA method, I still sometimes look at the last candle and price. although it is not influenced to sell previous assets when prices fall.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Odohu

Activity: 378
Merit: 340

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2024, 10:58:58 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

There are people who do not have a stable monthly income like normal salaried workers, but they may have a source of income based on projects, seasons or business, so the accumulation can be different a little bit. Maybe they won't buy every day or every week, but will buy when they receive money and buy according to the percentage of income they have. Regardless of whether that source of income is stable or unstable, more or less, it does not affect your purchase of Bitcoin, unless you do not earn income. Not being able to buy every day or every week for people who do not have a stable income can cause them a bit of difficulty as cumulative buying habits are more difficult to establish than for people with a stable income. Too much buying distance can reduce their discipline in buying.

Regarding not stable monthly or weekly income is not problem with how much dollar accumulate for investing in bitcoin possibility invest weekly or monthly. I think very important about decision want to accumulate keep investing in bitcoin indeed not get stable with salary income, since close ahead of Eid al-Fitr I have smart with spending my income and little reduce for investing in bitcoin but promising for my self one month later will accumulate more fund for investing in bitcoin.
Effective way to invest in Bitcoin requires that you set aside emergency funds for any emergency spending you might encounter. If you have such arrangement in place, this Eid Al-Fitr will not make you reduce your investment or adjust your investment schedule because the emergency funds would have taken care of that. Going forward, I strongly recommend you setting up emergency funds because it will help you with events like the one that is happening now.

I learnt about the emergency fund aspect of investing from this thread and it has helped me a lot in that it makes me never worried or anxious of selling because all the basic things I need are sorted and there is no pressure on the investment whatsoever.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10241

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 01:50:08 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2024, 02:06:57 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by arjunmujay (2)

It's true that the DCA method is very profitable so you can own bitcoin gradually. Even though the profits will not be too big compared to buying when the price is cheap, at least you can still make a profit if you hold Bitcoin for a very long period of time.

Regarding diversification into altcoins, for me it is only a money multiplier which will also return to bitcoin investment.
Whenever we start investing in this method we need to plan for long term so that we can maintain this investment method for long time.If one starts his investment with 50 dollars initially then he may be able to increase the amount of money in his investment later if he has financial solvency.
Dollar cost averaging (DCA) is the best as a long-term investment plan, with DIP to consider if you have a lump sum of money.If you invest in DIP, it will be of great help in times of crisis. If you have investments elsewhere, you can definitely invest in Bitcoin. It is sure that Bitcoin will benefit you greatly. So called fiat money will give you 5% or 10% profit but bitcoin will give you a lot of profit.
Currently we are in the bullish run so I don't know what dip you are talking about.

Are you mentioning the dip that occurs in short time frame like in 24 hour candles? Which is good if you happen to buy at that time but generally who pursue DCA usually invest when they have money which is generally when they recieve their salary so don't wait for the dip if DCA is your primary go to method but as said if there is money sitting in somewhere else then there is no better time to invest then than now.
yes, that's what I meant. because I myself once thought, wouldn't it be better if I bought bitcoin when the price was down. or at least you can make a profit for the next 24 hours.
because even though I use the DCA method, I still sometimes look at the last candle and price. although it is not influenced to sell previous assets when prices fall.

I put your original post (bolded above) back into this discussion, since it seems that: 1) you are overly concerned about your profits and/or your short-term ability to be able to sell bitcoin at a profit, which also the lower that you buy the bitcoin then the more potential that you would be able to sell at a profit.  2) You also seem to believe that trading shitcoins is a good idea to get you more bitcoin.

Both of your ideas seem quite a bit short-sighted, and probably one of the best things that you would be able to do is to get a job or maybe more than one job and earn enough money that you can buy bitcoin and perhaps even buy a lot of bitcoin on a regular basis, and so maybe after 4-6 years, you can reassess if you have gotten enough bitcoin that you are able to have more options... Another thing that you can do is to figure out if you might be able to cut some of your expenses, yet probably more important is figuring out ways to earn more money to be able to buy bitcoin, and I question whether getting involved in shitcoins is a good idea in order to be able to earn more money than you might earn from a regular job or even getting some side job or increasing your hours of work at your current job. 

As a general proposition, if you are busy trying to time the market and waiting for dips or even getting involved in shitcoins you are probably wasting time and/or money.  Perhaps the only exception would be if you are in a location in which salaries (wages) are so low that you would be able to make more money by trading shitcoins than you would make in regular jobs... but you still would need some amount of capital to put at risk when you are doing some of the trading.. and so trading takes a lot of practice, and frequently you will need to use capital (potentially even your bitcoin capital) to be able to make money. which usually would not be a good idea to be putting BTC capital at risk, so then you may well just be creating an illusion of profits than actually how many profits that are actually making through trading shitcoins.   

At the same time, you might be able to make better money by just increasing your salary and/or wages, and increasing your investment into bitcoin on a regular basis no matter what the price of bitcoin might be while you are building your BTC stash.... especially for your first whole cycle in bitcoin and maybe even longer than a whole cycle depending upon if you had been able to bring other capital to bitcoin or if you might be building your bitcoin investment from scratch, meaning that you don't have any other investments.

Now in my writing of this post, I decided to look at your forum profile and registration date, and so I see that you have some kind of alt coin distraction already that you have an altcoin website on there... so you might already be a lost cause in that you do not recognize and/or appreciate the value of bitcoin and so you are fucking around with shitcoins and distracted into them...

so... let me just mention that if you had started investing into bitcoin at $100 per week since your forum registration date, then you would have invested right around $34,200 and you would have had accumulated 2.9473 BTC (current value of $212k, so decently in profits in comparison to the amount invested).  Of course you can adjust the amount to whatever your own budget would have had been over the past 6.5 years, and you can also consider whatever you have been doing in terms of shitcoins and consider whether you are at least performing close to the same or better than a strict BTC accumulation practice that would amount to DCA investing..    I doubt that you have better results, and especially results that are repeatable for other normal people who might not have time to fuck around figuring out which shitcoin to get involved in.

There are people who do not have a stable monthly income like normal salaried workers, but they may have a source of income based on projects, seasons or business, so the accumulation can be different a little bit. Maybe they won't buy every day or every week, but will buy when they receive money and buy according to the percentage of income they have. Regardless of whether that source of income is stable or unstable, more or less, it does not affect your purchase of Bitcoin, unless you do not earn income. Not being able to buy every day or every week for people who do not have a stable income can cause them a bit of difficulty as cumulative buying habits are more difficult to establish than for people with a stable income. Too much buying distance can reduce their discipline in buying.
Regarding not stable monthly or weekly income is not problem with how much dollar accumulate for investing in bitcoin possibility invest weekly or monthly. I think very important about decision want to accumulate keep investing in bitcoin indeed not get stable with salary income, since close ahead of Eid al-Fitr I have smart with spending my income and little reduce for investing in bitcoin but promising for my self one month later will accumulate more fund for investing in bitcoin.
Effective way to invest in Bitcoin requires that you set aside emergency funds for any emergency spending you might encounter. If you have such arrangement in place, this Eid Al-Fitr will not make you reduce your investment or adjust your investment schedule because the emergency funds would have taken care of that. Going forward, I strongly recommend you setting up emergency funds because it will help you with events like the one that is happening now.

I learnt about the emergency fund aspect of investing from this thread and it has helped me a lot in that it makes me never worried or anxious of selling because all the basic things I need are sorted and there is no pressure on the investment whatsoever.

I agree with everything that you are saying Odohu, yet I think that it might be misleading to suggest that an emergency fund should be used for regular variations in income, which maybe if we might be thinking about emergency fund as also covering our reserves and our monthly float, so we likely would not be taking from our emergency fund to invest in bitcoin, but we may well be taking from our reserves... .. And the overall idea of investing into bitcoin regularly remains important for beginners because it can take such a long time to build up the size of your bitcoin stash, and so we have to spend years and years and years building up our stash, so then maybe after a whole cycle, or maybe even two cycles, we might start to feel that we have more options since we at least have our bitcoin stash built up and yeah maybe it cost us more to build it up than we could have gotten lucky and bought on fewer dips... but there is hardly any way to know how much to hold back for buying on dips, so we are likely better off to just be consistent, persistent and ongoing in our stacking of sats until at some point the size of our BTC stash and it's dollar value compared to other assets that we have and our annual income (or our expenses) is going to help to inform us to the extent to which we might want to start to switch away from a strict ongoing BTC accumulation practice and into a bit more of a modified BTC accumulation practice.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
cxtreenal

Activity: 81
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 05:38:58 AM

so... let me just mention that if you had started investing into bitcoin at $100 per week since your forum registration date, then you would have invested right around $34,200 and you would have had accumulated 2.9473 BTC (current value of $212k, so decently in profits in comparison to the amount invested).  Of course you can adjust the amount to whatever your own budget would have had been over the past 6.5 years, and you can also consider whatever you have been doing in terms of shitcoins and consider whether you are at least performing close to the same or better than a strict BTC accumulation practice that would amount to DCA investing..    I doubt that you have better results, and especially results that are repeatable for other normal people who might not have time to fuck around figuring out which shitcoin to get involved in.

Ordinary investors deposit shitcoins in the bank for a fixed period of time and got 5% profit on principle amount.... is it sufficient ? But what if we were to invest in bitcoin! How profitable it would have been ! Actually there are many people around me who are investing in shitcoins. DCA is a method that is flexible for everyone, it does not put any pressure on the investor. Because of DCA investors like us are stuck in bitcoin. I look at our portfolio at least once a day and am excited. We want to increase the size of the store, for this we need to increase the savings, the sale should be excluded for the time being
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10241

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 05:48:45 AM

so... let me just mention that if you had started investing into bitcoin at $100 per week since your forum registration date, then you would have invested right around $34,200 and you would have had accumulated 2.9473 BTC (current value of $212k, so decently in profits in comparison to the amount invested).  Of course you can adjust the amount to whatever your own budget would have had been over the past 6.5 years, and you can also consider whatever you have been doing in terms of shitcoins and consider whether you are at least performing close to the same or better than a strict BTC accumulation practice that would amount to DCA investing..    I doubt that you have better results, and especially results that are repeatable for other normal people who might not have time to fuck around figuring out which shitcoin to get involved in.

Ordinary investors deposit shitcoins in the bank for a fixed period of time and got 5% profit on principle amount.... is it sufficient ? But what if we were to invest in bitcoin! How profitable it would have been ! Actually there are many people around me who are investing in shitcoins. DCA is a method that is flexible for everyone, it does not put any pressure on the investor. Because of DCA investors like us are stuck in bitcoin. I look at our portfolio at least once a day and am excited. We want to increase the size of the store, for this we need to increase the savings, the sale should be excluded for the time being

For one, this thread is about bitcoin and not shitcoins, and secondly, DCA does not work with shitcoins because they are not long term investments that have any fundamental and/or long term value.

DCA tends to apply quite well for bitcoin and/or long term investments bacuase it allows you to build your position over many years 4-10 years or longer. 

Of course, if you are still in your accumulation stage, you can supplement your accumulation with buying on dips and also lump sum investing, and so only you can figure out which accumulation methods to apply and when you might consider yourself to no longer be in accumulation stage... and yeah, a lot of newbies might have chances to build their investment into bitcoin over 4-10 years or longer, and they likely end up selling too much too soon and then likely putting themselves into a worse place than if they had just focused on accumulating through the varying buying techniques rather than selling, trading and/or gambling with their investment.. in such a great and powerful (and option providing) asset, such as bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Winterfrost

Activity: 603
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 06:22:10 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

you're right. Events like Eid-fitri is a yearly occurrence that can easily be planned for such that it wouldn't affect our Bitcoin accumulation schedule. Eid-fitri is even not an emergency situation which if it is, our emergency fund would have still sorted it out for us. It's something you've probably done over and over again in the past and can always find a way to save up a special amount for.

One of the most important thing that saving and investing teaches us is how to effectively plan ahead of time and meticulously set out a portion of our earning into meeting our future demands. Reducing your accumulation pace for a while so as to solve some pressing issues isn't totally out of place as long as you will continue accumulating after sorting yourself out but it only gets bad when you allow celebration and ceremonies to eat up all your investments plan and put you in a situation where you might possibly become tempted to sell off your holdings for the momentory celebration.

NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 06:30:44 AM

Good recommend from you.

Indeed, during big day, our budget absorption is usually greater than usual, but if there is other income that supports this, this is quite helpful and does not interfere with the DCA investment pattern and it will be fine.

Yes. "Pressure" and that is one of the reasons why many people fail in investing in trying to consistently buy BTC using the DCA method because many cannot set it properly and correctly, even though budget limitations are one of the common reasons heard.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Justbillywitt

Activity: 238
Merit: 195

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 06:38:26 AM

It's true that the DCA method is very profitable so you can own bitcoin gradually. Even though the profits will not be too big compared to buying when the price is cheap, at least you can still make a profit if you hold Bitcoin for a very long period of time.
Yes, it is true that dollar cost averaging is a very simple investment method.We all need to have a specific goal to invest in. As long as we are able to reach that specific goal, we should continue to invest. Just like when we invest in bitcoins we need to start investing with a specific goal in mind we need to plan in advance how many years we will be able to continue our investment. Since you are talking about dollar cost averaging method of investing, you can start your investment with any amount whether it is 50 dollars or 100 dollars or 150 dollars.

this whole crazy complexities you all consider as strategies before buying Bitcoin seem to me as excuses that's seriously unnecessary. I know it's necessary to make plans based on the resource we have and also ensure that our plans works well for us in the long run but when you overly depend on making bunch of best plans and strategies you end up not getting the right shit in your portfolio.

You know, one of the main reason why some average guy out there is successful and the brilliant fellow that's always trying to get things all perfect before executing his plans fails is because the average guy doesn't spend all his times trying to figures things out before kick starting. He gets the basic and then boom, he goes for it. Our goal is to invest into Bitcoin and maybe if it's even necessary do so with whatever strategy that's best with us but if all you're after is the sourcing after strategies upon strategies without focusing on the real deal which is obviously buying as much as you can, then all your strategies are bunch of shit.
I get what you are trying to say. Yes analyzing different strategies without actually taking action to buy is bad, and it doesn't profit any one. However for those that analyze strategies and still take action on buying, they are making use of the best strategy that's available. Everything in life have a technique of doing it. And if you neglect those procedures or methods it might come back hitting at you. When you talk about the average guys out there succeeding without following rules you are wrong there. All you see is their success and not behind scenes. The efforts they have made and the procedures and techniques they followed. There many success stories here about people who followed the methods that have been taught here and succeeded in their accumulations. If you happen to come across those average guys that have succeeded, ask them if they actually followed any methods and if they are truthful enough to tell you their stories you will find out they are either following one of the methods that has been thought here regularly.

I_Anime

Merit: 162

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 08:22:02 AM

Using DCA strategies in shit can be damn risky, just as sir JJG said they are not long term investments that have any fundamental and/or long term value. like that of bitcoin. And you aware that when using DCA strategies to accumulate, you gathering alot of quantity in your DCA strategies and don't forget more your accumulation (number quanties you have Accumulated) more effective the   price movement ( either increase or decrease in price)  would influence your holding . Life for example one for as victim using DCA to invest on shitcoins thinking they have high potential to keep increasing in value. But at the end that particular shitcoin experience a great dip your losses would be much due to the quantities you have stash in your portfolio and most time there's high chances that it  won't bounce back. So if you are planning to use DCA and the other strategies in accumulation. Make sure you are planning to use it to accumulate bitcoin , not shit coins,  so  don't be decieved .

FinePoine0

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 08:44:49 AM

Good recommend from you.

Indeed, during big day, our budget absorption is usually greater than usual, but if there is other income that supports this, this is quite helpful and does not interfere with the DCA investment pattern and it will be fine.

Yes. "Pressure" and that is one of the reasons why many people fail in investing in trying to consistently buy BTC using the DCA method because many cannot set it properly and correctly, even though budget limitations are one of the common reasons heard.

The DCA method is one of the most convenient ways to invest in Bitcoin.
 DCA method is best to control the investment according to Bitcoin price no matter how big the investment. And because current market prices are high, don't stop investing from DCA method as regular DCA method will save you 10 to 15% on average price. And invest in Bitcoin for the long term. The future of Bitcoin is very good because you can calm yourself down by looking at the current price.

Agbamoni

Activity: 322
Merit: 291

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 08:59:09 AM

Using DCA strategies in shit can be damn risky, just as sir JJG said they are not long term investments that have any fundamental and/or long term value. like that of bitcoin. And you aware that when using DCA strategies to accumulate, you gathering alot of quantity in your DCA strategies and don't forget more your accumulation (number quanties you have Accumulated) more effective the   price movement ( either increase or decrease in price)  would influence your holding . Life for example one for as victim using DCA to invest on shitcoins thinking they have high potential to keep increasing in value. But at the end that particular shitcoin experience a great dip your losses would be much due to the quantities you have stash in your portfolio and most time there's high chances that it  won't bounce back. So if you are planning to use DCA and the other strategies in accumulation. Make sure you are planning to use it to accumulate bitcoin , not shit coins,  so  don't be decieved .
I disagree with you here. DCA method can be used to used for any investment type whether in cryptocurrencies, real estate or in the stock market. When we talk about DCA. Some persons will feel that it is only done in bitcoin. If You are into any form of investing it is good to accumulate every week, bi weekly or monthly through Dca method. Instead of keeping your funds in your hands it will lose purchasing value, and delay you from your goal or target.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
I_Anime

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 09:19:35 AM

I disagree with you here. DCA method can be used to used for any investment type whether in cryptocurrencies, real estate or in the stock market. When we talk about DCA. Some persons will feel that it is only done in bitcoin. If You are into any form of investing it is good to accumulate every week, bi weekly or monthly through Dca method. Instead of keeping your funds in your hands it will lose purchasing value, and delay you from your goal or target.
DCA method is more appropriate in investing in bitcoin than some shitcoins,  is obvious and I also speak base on experience. Started in this space as a spot trader, trading different coins . Was doing fine at first making some good profit because I was using spot and there's no chance for me to get liquidated (doesn't mean your funds can get hook), till a coin came out with a promising value , with alot of hyped how their project is nice and all that so was convinced to purchased it , and at first was going well because I was actually holding it then it dip , I bought the dip. Then I decided to be buying with certain amount for sometime so that anytime the price bounce back I would be in big profits , but it kept on dipping, and my losses was getting out of hand due to the DCA method I use which gave me alot of quantity. At the end it endup selling in loss , losing huge amount of money that left a mark . Now as am talking to you that coin have not even gain it self back even during this recent bill run , as coins are increasing in value . That coin still down , and I learned through experience. Don't use other coin to compare bitcoin . There's reason why all other  coins are altcoins Except bitcoin.

cxtreenal

Activity: 81
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 10:50:46 AM

For one, this thread is about bitcoin and not shitcoins, and secondly, DCA does not work with shitcoins because they are not long term investments that have any fundamental and/or long term value.

DCA tends to apply quite well for bitcoin and/or long term investments bacuase it allows you to build your position over many years 4-10 years or longer. 

Of course, if you are still in your accumulation stage, you can supplement your accumulation with buying on dips and also lump sum investing, and so only you can figure out which accumulation methods to apply and when you might consider yourself to no longer be in accumulation stage... and yeah, a lot of newbies might have chances to build their investment into bitcoin over 4-10 years or longer, and they likely end up selling too much too soon and then likely putting themselves into a worse place than if they had just focused on accumulating through the varying buying techniques rather than selling, trading and/or gambling with their investment.. in such a great and powerful (and option providing) asset, such as bitcoin.
Okay...than I understood.
Spaceman1000$

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 11:01:15 AM

DCA method Basically is to help you accumulate bitcoin little by little in a volatile crypto market. However the idea of DCA can be adopted by other business ventures like the real estate and stock market that you mentioned, but the volatility is completely different, hence the primary reason for which DCA is adopted for crypto especially Bitcoin is to widen your investment over a long period of time by purchasing it in smaller fractures even when the price goes high.

wmaurik

Activity: 2030
Merit: 708

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 11:08:55 AM

DCA method is best to control the investment according to Bitcoin price no matter how big the investment. And because current market prices are high, don't stop investing from DCA method as regular DCA method will save you 10 to 15% on average price. And invest in Bitcoin for the long term. The future of Bitcoin is very good because you can calm yourself down by looking at the current price.

I think the two seniors you gave an understanding of DCA also already knew how useful DCA is for Bitcoin investment. And they also know that Bitcoin investment will be much better if it is intended for the long term because they can also see how the Bitcoin price has developed since the beginning of last year until now, which is still continuing to increase without stopping.

At this time it is better for everyone to hold onto the Bitcoin they already own and not sell it occasionally. Because we will probably see prices that are much higher than the current price and there are even some predictions that say that Bitcoin could reach $100K this year when the halving time is getting closer. I think that could become a reality this year because now Bitcoin has passed the price of $73K without going through a price correction path in the market.

███████████████████████████████
█████████
▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███
▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████
▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████
███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀████████
████
███▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████
██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄███████
███████
▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████
▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
RECEIVE BONUS

[ NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED ]
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
cocadalcan

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 11:57:34 AM

I think the two seniors you gave an understanding of DCA also already knew how useful DCA is for Bitcoin investment. And they also know that Bitcoin investment will be much better if it is intended for the long term because they can also see how the Bitcoin price has developed since the beginning of last year until now, which is still continuing to increase without stopping.

At this time it is better for everyone to hold onto the Bitcoin they already own and not sell it occasionally. Because we will probably see prices that are much higher than the current price and there are even some predictions that say that Bitcoin could reach $100K this year when the halving time is getting closer. I think that could become a reality this year because now Bitcoin has passed the price of $73K without going through a price correction path in the market.
It would not be advisable to lend a hand to the holding without the need of one's emergency fund. ..cause you might regret it future.
Marvelockg

Activity: 168
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 12:02:55 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Obim34 (1)

regular DCA method will save you 10 to 15% on average price. And invest in Bitcoin for the long term. The future of Bitcoin is very good because you can calm yourself down by looking at the current price.

I don't totally agree with your ascertain that the DCA method will save you 10% to 15% of your average price. The advantage of using the DCA method is more of helping you to accumulate Bitcoin on a consistent and regular bases and doing so can sometimes mean that you have to buy at an higher price which technically mean that you need to stay longer before getting profit. It doesn't mean it's not profitable using the DCA method but it's just that it's not guaranteed to put you on a 15% to 20% advantage.

However, for the sake of ease, consistency and th ability ot user that aee new to thw market and might not have the ability to doing lump sum purchase, the DCA merhord is still one of the most reliable merhord of accumulating Bitcoin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
adultcrypto

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 12:06:02 PM

The DCA method is one of the most convenient ways to invest in Bitcoin. DCA method is best to control the investment according to Bitcoin price no matter how big the investment.
DCA method does not actually consider the Bitcoin price in its implementation. Whatever the price is, one can purchase certain amount of dollar quantity on weekly basis or monthly basis as the case may be. If the price is higher, it will only reduce the quantity of Bitcoin and vice versa.

From my observation, one of the things the DCA method help to eliminate is the worries people do have about price fluctuations which is what many people use as reason to stay away from Bitcoin for safety. With the DCA method, those worries are completely eliminated as the investors only care about getting the predetermined amount of dollar injected into Bitcoin.

ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 618

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 12:58:36 PM

DCA method is more appropriate in investing in bitcoin than some shitcoins,  is obvious and I also speak base on experience. Started in this space as a spot trader, trading different coins . Was doing fine at first making some good profit because I was using spot and there's no chance for me to get liquidated (doesn't mean your funds can get hook), till a coin came out with a promising value , with alot of hyped how their project is nice and all that so was convinced to purchased it , and at first was going well because I was actually holding it then it dip , I bought the dip. Then I decided to be buying with certain amount for sometime so that anytime the price bounce back I would be in big profits , but it kept on dipping, and my losses was getting out of hand due to the DCA method I use which gave me alot of quantity. At the end it endup selling in loss , losing huge amount of money that left a mark . Now as am talking to you that coin have not even gain it self back even during this recent bill run , as coins are increasing in value . That coin still down , and I learned through experience. Don't use other coin to compare bitcoin . There's reason why all other  coins are altcoins Except bitcoin.
Of course DCA makes it easier for us to accumulate Bitcoin gradually, where we can manage our financial flows and arrange everything well in long-term investment planning. Just like you, I am also new to DCA or the investment I have made has only been running for 1 year and I have found the comfort I get in accumulating Bitcoin. Apart from that, if it is in the initial accumulation phase, it is better to apply DCA and buy regularly every week to ensure our stage for the long term.

Large investors prefer to accumulate Bitcoin with DCA rather than buying all at once, moreover their budget is large enough that regular purchases with DCA will give them the opportunity to find cheaper prices in Bullish like this. However, everyone can use DCA in their investments and it all depends on the strategy they apply.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
arjunmujay

Activity: 686
Merit: 167

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 01:18:21 PM

Regarding diversification into altcoins, for me it is only a money multiplier which will also return to bitcoin investment.

I put your original post (bolded above) back into this discussion, since it seems that: 1) you are overly concerned about your profits and/or your short-term ability to be able to sell bitcoin at a profit, which also the lower that you buy the bitcoin then the more potential that you would be able to sell at a profit.  2) You also seem to believe that trading shitcoins is a good idea to get you more bitcoin.

Both of your ideas seem quite a bit short-sighted, and probably one of the best things that you would be able to do is to get a job or maybe more than one job and earn enough money that you can buy bitcoin and perhaps even buy a lot of bitcoin on a regular basis, and so maybe after 4-6 years, you can reassess if you have gotten enough bitcoin that you are able to have more options... Another thing that you can do is to figure out if you might be able to cut some of your expenses, yet probably more important is figuring out ways to earn more money to be able to buy bitcoin, and I question whether getting involved in shitcoins is a good idea in order to be able to earn more money than you might earn from a regular job or even getting some side job or increasing your hours of work at your current job. 

As a general proposition, if you are busy trying to time the market and waiting for dips or even getting involved in shitcoins you are probably wasting time and/or money.  Perhaps the only exception would be if you are in a location in which salaries (wages) are so low that you would be able to make more money by trading shitcoins than you would make in regular jobs... but you still would need some amount of capital to put at risk when you are doing some of the trading.. and so trading takes a lot of practice, and frequently you will need to use capital (potentially even your bitcoin capital) to be able to make money. which usually would not be a good idea to be putting BTC capital at risk, so then you may well just be creating an illusion of profits than actually how many profits that are actually making through trading shitcoins.   

At the same time, you might be able to make better money by just increasing your salary and/or wages, and increasing your investment into bitcoin on a regular basis no matter what the price of bitcoin might be while you are building your BTC stash.... especially for your first whole cycle in bitcoin and maybe even longer than a whole cycle depending upon if you had been able to bring other capital to bitcoin or if you might be building your bitcoin investment from scratch, meaning that you don't have any other investments.

Now in my writing of this post, I decided to look at your forum profile and registration date, and so I see that you have some kind of alt coin distraction already that you have an altcoin website on there... so you might already be a lost cause in that you do not recognize and/or appreciate the value of bitcoin and so you are fucking around with shitcoins and distracted into them...

so... let me just mention that if you had started investing into bitcoin at $100 per week since your forum registration date, then you would have invested right around $34,200 and you would have had accumulated 2.9473 BTC (current value of $212k, so decently in profits in comparison to the amount invested).  Of course you can adjust the amount to whatever your own budget would have had been over the past 6.5 years, and you can also consider whatever you have been doing in terms of shitcoins and consider whether you are at least performing close to the same or better than a strict BTC accumulation practice that would amount to DCA investing..    I doubt that you have better results, and especially results that are repeatable for other normal people who might not have time to fuck around figuring out which shitcoin to get involved in.
Wow, thank you @JayJuanGee for giving a very clear explanation and really opening up my thinking which has been stuck with shitcoins. and doubling bitcoin by assuming trading from shitcoins.

Thank you also for the suggestions given. because so far no one can provide even detailed information like you, even looking at my profile, providing performance if I do DCA, starting from registering on this forum.

for that I am determined to throw away all the shitcoins I have and return to the right path with the DCA method. although I think it's too late, considering I've been around for too long but I'm still fixated on illusions

Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 418 »
  Print  

Jump to: