Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:24:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 409 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 78180 times)
cxtreenal

Activity: 80
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 02:11:07 PM

so... let me just mention that if you had started investing into bitcoin at $100 per week since your forum registration date, then you would have invested right around $34,200 and you would have had accumulated 2.9473 BTC (current value of $212k, so decently in profits in comparison to the amount invested).  Of course you can adjust the amount to whatever your own budget would have had been over the past 6.5 years, and you can also consider whatever you have been doing in terms of shitcoins and consider whether you are at least performing close to the same or better than a strict BTC accumulation practice that would amount to DCA investing..    I doubt that you have better results, and especially results that are repeatable for other normal people who might not have time to fuck around figuring out which shitcoin to get involved in.

Ordinary investors deposit shitcoins in the bank for a fixed period of time and got 5% profit on principle amount.... is it sufficient ? But what if we were to invest in bitcoin! How profitable it would have been ! Actually there are many people around me who are investing in shitcoins. DCA is a method that is flexible for everyone, it does not put any pressure on the investor. Because of DCA investors like us are stuck in bitcoin. I look at our portfolio at least once a day and am excited. We want to increase the size of the store, for this we need to increase the savings, the sale should be excluded for the time being
Using DCA strategies in shit can be damn risky, just as sir JJG said they are not long term investments that have any fundamental and/or long term value. like that of bitcoin.

DCA is especially a different formula for Bitcoin, comparing it to shitcoins is debatable, as the two principles are different. But I need to get experience from both. DCA is the strategy that combines sound planning with long-term savings. This also suggests signs of encouraging Bitcoin holdings.

But at the end that particular shitcoin experience a great dip your losses would be much due to the quantities you have stash in your portfolio and most time there's high chances that it  won't bounce back.
I couldn't agree with you, because even in case of shitcoins long term investment you will get more or less profit. Yes ... you can expect incredible profits by investing in bitcoin. Shitcoins can't even come close to that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 157

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 02:49:08 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I couldn't agree with you, because even in case of shitcoins long term investment you will get more or less profit. Yes ... you can expect incredible profits by investing in bitcoin. Shitcoins can't even come close to that.
yeah you can get some profit or less profit (or non profit or might endup with losses) , try to get my point trading shitcoins is less risky than holding them you should know . Most people trade shitcoins for short-term profit, accumulating and holding shitcoins is a complete waste , why waste those funds while there's is an epic investment like bitcoin. So I will say try and minimise the urge of trading shitcoins ( or gambling with your funds), by focusing more on accumulating bitcoin, to be in the safer side where you can be ease when accumulating and hodl.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 02:52:05 PM

[edited out]
Wow, thank you @JayJuanGee for giving a very clear explanation and really opening up my thinking which has been stuck with shitcoins. and doubling bitcoin by assuming trading from shitcoins.

Thank you also for the suggestions given. because so far no one can provide even detailed information like you, even looking at my profile, providing performance if I do DCA, starting from registering on this forum.

for that I am determined to throw away all the shitcoins I have and return to the right path with the DCA method. although I think it's too late, considering I've been around for too long but I'm still fixated on illusions

Sure.  You might have developed some bad habits, especially getting involved in shitcoins and then trading in and out of them.. so even if you build up a bitcoin portfolio, you might end up reverting to some of your bad habits and your bad ways of thinking.

None of us can fix your situation except for you, and probably, if you figure out some kind of plan and then just focus on it, then if you get your finances in order, then you can become more and more aggressive in your bitcoin accumulation.. but part of the problem is that the first 2-3 years, it can take some time to build up a bitcoin holdings and then to be able to continue to build from there.

Almost everyone has thoughts of being too late, yet you have to consider that right now, there are probably ONLY around 1%.. or maybe a bit more at best of the world's population of normal people who have any kind of stake in bitcoin, so you already have a lot of advantages because you probably have some bitcoin and you are already familiar with some of the dynamics of bitcoin, probably including how to hold bitcoin privately.. and if you don't know some of those kinds of things, you are in a place to be able to learn those kinds of things since you have already shown interest in the space for about 6.5 years.

Another thing when you invest into something like bitcoin, you need to put yourself into a position in which you will not be panicking.. so you can establish both a practice of buying BTC very regularly (something like once a week), and you can also make sure that you have an emergency fund and a reserve fund to serve unevenness in your cashflow, but also to give you abilities to buy more BTC when the price dips.. and if you have been practicing not so great cashflow management, it can take time to both learn about those kinds of skills, but to put them into practice.

We talk about a lot of the ideas in this thread, and I also talk about some of the ideas in my investment ideas threads, yet probably the main points is that you tailor some techniques to your own individual circumstances, and you put them into practice, you learn from your putting them into practice and then you tweak your plan from time to time in order to improve the ways that you are implementing your plan to your own financial and psychological circumstances.

Of course, if you have such strong inclinations to gamble and to get involved in shitcoins because you are trying to speed up the get rich quick process, there could be ways to still pick out one or two shitcoins, but don't invest any more than 10% of your bitcoin size into the totality of your shitcoin investment, and sure it might not be a good idea to retain any involvement in shitcoins, so to completely cut them off, but if you cannot help yourself there might be ways to put pretty strict limits on your shitcoin exposure, so then to contain your gambling tendencies.. but part of the problem of a gambler is that they are tempted to do more and more and more, so their tendencies to do more ends up eating into their capital, rather than building their capital.. which investing into bitcoin would be building capital and it may well take 10 years or more to really build up a bitcoin investment portfolio, yet at the same time, you are still likely going to be far in front of your peers.. since an overwhelming majority of people don't really know what bitcoin is and even if they might think that they know, they have not taken any action to get started investing into it.

We might be mislead into believing that bitcoin adoption is either mature or that the amount of hoarding that is going on with rich people and institutions is causing BTC's price to become unreachable, yet I think that still should inspire normies (like you) to buy and to invest into bitcoin rather than waiting any longer or getting distracted into shitcoins and/or trading (gambling).. .. so even if there are a lot of rich people hoarding bitcoin, we are still in early days and they are likely going to push up the price, but they are likely going to be pushing up the price over a couple of cycles rather than immediately.. even if we also might experience some rapit price appreciation of bitcoin both this year (in 2024) and next year (in 2025).

so... let me just mention that if you had started investing into bitcoin at $100 per week since your forum registration date, then you would have invested right around $34,200 and you would have had accumulated 2.9473 BTC (current value of $212k, so decently in profits in comparison to the amount invested).  Of course you can adjust the amount to whatever your own budget would have had been over the past 6.5 years, and you can also consider whatever you have been doing in terms of shitcoins and consider whether you are at least performing close to the same or better than a strict BTC accumulation practice that would amount to DCA investing..    I doubt that you have better results, and especially results that are repeatable for other normal people who might not have time to fuck around figuring out which shitcoin to get involved in.
Ordinary investors deposit shitcoins in the bank for a fixed period of time and got 5% profit on principle amount.... is it sufficient ? But what if we were to invest in bitcoin! How profitable it would have been ! Actually there are many people around me who are investing in shitcoins. DCA is a method that is flexible for everyone, it does not put any pressure on the investor. Because of DCA investors like us are stuck in bitcoin. I look at our portfolio at least once a day and am excited. We want to increase the size of the store, for this we need to increase the savings, the sale should be excluded for the time being
Using DCA strategies in shit can be damn risky, just as sir JJG said they are not long term investments that have any fundamental and/or long term value. like that of bitcoin.

DCA is especially a different formula for Bitcoin, comparing it to shitcoins is debatable, as the two principles are different. But I need to get experience from both. DCA is the strategy that combines sound planning with long-term savings. This also suggests signs of encouraging Bitcoin holdings.
But at the end that particular shitcoin experience a great dip your losses would be much due to the quantities you have stash in your portfolio and most time there's high chances that it  won't bounce back.

Generally speaking, shitcoins are in and out kinds of things, so you do not tend to advantage from holding them over the long term.. but yeah you never know, there might be some shitcoins that end up having some longevity. but that still does not mean that it makes any sense to try to figure out which shitcoin is less shitty so that you might get some performance that might largely just be paralleling bitcoin anyhow.. and so your reason that you want to get into shitcoins is to outperform bitcoin, and so yes, that is called gambling rather than investing.. and there are a lot of people who are tempted and distracted into such.. and sometimes it might even work.. but it still probably not worth the amount of stress to try to figure it out and to employ luck rather than sticking with the more solid investment, which is bitcoin... .

So, again, if you are going to fuck around with shitcoins, if you at least limit them to no more than 10% the size of your bitcoin investment size (without cheating about it), then you will at least limit your exposure to them.. but yeah gamblers have difficulties limiting themselves.. so in the end, you are the one who decides your own allocations to shitcoins and/or your willingness to subject yourself to ongoing gambling and largely delusional and distracting ideas.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Jaycoinz

Activity: 308
Merit: 152

God is All

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 03:13:15 PM

yeah you can get some profit or less profit (or non profit or might endup with losses) , try to get my point trading shitcoins is less risky than holding them you should know . Most people trade shitcoins for short-term profit, accumulating and holding shitcoins is a complete waste , why waste those funds while there's is an epic investment like bitcoin. So I will say try and minimise the urge of trading shitcoins ( or gambling with your funds), by focusing more on accumulating bitcoin, to be in the safer side where you can be ease when accumulating and hodl.
That's absolutely true, I even wonder why people go to the extent of actually saving coins that lose and gain value with a twinkle of an eye, if am to even advice, it's actually better one should stay off  these so called shitcoins and focus more on Bitcoin investment and the funny thing is that some person feel that trading Bitcoin is more preferable because of the little interest they might see where as they don't know that it's better to hold and get the big reward at the end than earn little with lots of risk involved.

Just the other day a friend of mine was actually advising me to actually buy and hold some pepe coins which I blantanly told him am not making such error because what that could ever give me at the end is possible losses and the reason why he gave this advice was because if the masses market price pepe attained that particular week but after some fews day we all saw that the coins switch from a massive 64% green to 50% red and that's when I told him to his face that altcoins investment is something that's too risky and he should choose Bitcoin.

teamsherry

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 03:34:26 PM

As a general proposition, if you are busy trying to time the market and waiting for dips or even getting involved in shitcoins you are probably wasting time and/or money.  Perhaps the only exception would be if you are in a location in which salaries (wages) are so low that you would be able to make more money by trading shitcoins than you would make in regular jobs... but you still would need some amount of capital to put at risk when you are doing some of the trading.. and so trading takes a lot of practice, and frequently you will need to use capital (potentially even your bitcoin capital) to be able to make money. which usually would not be a good idea to be putting BTC capital at risk, so then you may well just be creating an illusion of profits than actually how many profits that are actually making through trading shitcoins.

IMO i dont its even advisable to go into trading as a regular job or even as a major source of income as someone who is not well established financially, trading comes with risk and its has a level if uncertainty that makes it to fall into the category of not been a good source of income especially a primary one as in this case.

If your income is low then trading is an Even worse option cause you might end up losing every thing to one wrong prediction, and trying to mix up trading and investing in bitcoin would not be advisable cause you would definitely find your self in situations where you need to compromise one to better the other and in most cases you would chose to trade over buying bitcoin cause it offers more quick profits than bitcoin. And trading at times can lead to addictive habits of always wanting to trade to cover up loses that has been made or even to get money to do other things, to be sincere i dont think trading and investing are compatible cause one involves long term thinking and the other is quite short term and you need different mentality to be successful doing both.

IMO a better advice would be to get a much better source of income and then focus wholly on investing in bitcoin and if you must trade then you would have enough to allocate to both, but its much better to focus in one and in my case investing in bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Odohu

Merit: 340

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 05:21:41 PM

There are people who do not have a stable monthly income like normal salaried workers, but they may have a source of income based on projects, seasons or business, so the accumulation can be different a little bit. Maybe they won't buy every day or every week, but will buy when they receive money and buy according to the percentage of income they have. Regardless of whether that source of income is stable or unstable, more or less, it does not affect your purchase of Bitcoin, unless you do not earn income. Not being able to buy every day or every week for people who do not have a stable income can cause them a bit of difficulty as cumulative buying habits are more difficult to establish than for people with a stable income. Too much buying distance can reduce their discipline in buying.
Regarding not stable monthly or weekly income is not problem with how much dollar accumulate for investing in bitcoin possibility invest weekly or monthly. I think very important about decision want to accumulate keep investing in bitcoin indeed not get stable with salary income, since close ahead of Eid al-Fitr I have smart with spending my income and little reduce for investing in bitcoin but promising for my self one month later will accumulate more fund for investing in bitcoin.
Effective way to invest in Bitcoin requires that you set aside emergency funds for any emergency spending you might encounter. If you have such arrangement in place, this Eid Al-Fitr will not make you reduce your investment or adjust your investment schedule because the emergency funds would have taken care of that. Going forward, I strongly recommend you setting up emergency funds because it will help you with events like the one that is happening now.

I learnt about the emergency fund aspect of investing from this thread and it has helped me a lot in that it makes me never worried or anxious of selling because all the basic things I need are sorted and there is no pressure on the investment whatsoever.

I agree with everything that you are saying Odohu, yet I think that it might be misleading to suggest that an emergency fund should be used for regular variations in income, which maybe if we might be thinking about emergency fund as also covering our reserves and our monthly float, so we likely would not be taking from our emergency fund to invest in bitcoin, but we may well be taking from our reserves... ..
I understand you well JayJuanGee and I appreciate your corrections. I think it is my choice of words that made my submission look a little off from what it should mean. I'm not by any means suggesting that emergency funds should replay funds for basic needs or other things of importance. I also failed to specify that emergency funds should just be used for emergencies only and the religious celebration mentioned does not qualify as emergency as it is a yearly event that someone, who consider it important, should already be saving towards.

but there is hardly any way to know how much to hold back for buying on dips, so we are likely better off to just be consistent, persistent and ongoing in our stacking of sats until at some point the size of our BTC stash and it's dollar value compared to other assets that we have and our annual income (or our expenses) is going to help to inform us to the extent to which we might want to start to switch away from a strict ongoing BTC accumulation practice and into a bit more of a modified BTC accumulation practice.
It is this need for consistency that makes the DCA method a preferred option for many beginners investors, especially those who have been following this discussion. Many of us are gainfully invested in Bitcoin today even in such a manner that we are relaxed and not disturbed by the market fluctuations, all thanks to the knowledge gained here about the DCA method and other important ingredients that make investing in Bitcoin sweet and convenient.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
arjunmujay

Activity: 686
Merit: 163

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 08:05:17 PM

Let's focus here first, I don't understand your explanation a little. Sorry for asking too many questions, because this is for my future self-improvement. and maybe others can also learn from my experience and be better at investing in bitcoin.

[edited out]
Another thing when you invest into something like bitcoin, you need to put yourself into a position in which you will not be panicking.. so you can establish both a practice of buying BTC very regularly (something like once a week), and you can also make sure that you have an emergency fund and a reserve fund to serve unevenness in your cashflow, but also to give you abilities to buy more BTC when the price dips.. and if you have been practicing not so great cashflow management, it can take time to both learn about those kinds of skills, but to put them into practice.

We talk about a lot of the ideas in this thread, and I also talk about some of the ideas in my investment ideas threads, yet probably the main points is that you tailor some techniques to your own individual circumstances, and you put them into practice, you learn from your putting them into practice and then you tweak your plan from time to time in order to improve the ways that you are implementing your plan to your own financial and psychological circumstances.

I actually don't panic when buying bitcoin, especially with DCA because I think I don't know how the market is. but you also said there must be an emergency or reserve fund that can be used to buy bitcoin when the price drops.
This decrease, when it exceeds what percentage? because if FOMO can happen every time the market is red, it could mean that emergency funds will come out continuously to increase bitcoin holdings.

Salahmu

Activity: 406
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 08:13:03 PM

Ordinary investors deposit shitcoins in the bank for a fixed period of time and got 5% profit on principle amount.... is it sufficient ? But what if we were to invest in bitcoin! How profitable it would have been ! Actually there are many people around me who are investing in shitcoins.

I wonder why you would even consider or compare Shitcoins with Bitcoin, however one thing you most understand is that Bitcoin is not a get rich quick investment because like every other normal business investment it has to do with long term process with a lot of patients and consistency and at the end you will see the reason why is good to hold Bitcoin, so I would strongly advise that if your main purpose of investment is the possible profits you could get within a certain period of time you should have a really deep thoughts about it because the possibility of getting what you want on Bitcoin within the certain period may likely not going to be certain. However if you check very well the only people who still choose Shitcoins are people whom there only goal is to become rich overnight without knowing that investing on Shitcoins is like a gambling that you are not sure of what the outcome will be, so it surprises me to see that most people are preferring Shitcoins when they know that so many people has falling a victim of Shitcoins, well my only advice is that asides from the possible profits we may realize in Bitcoin after holding it remains the most trusted coin and can never be compared with any other coins, so in terms of investment Bitcoin is the best.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
promise444c5

Activity: 280
Merit: 139

Keep Promises !

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 08:29:57 PM

Let's focus here first, I don't understand your explanation a little. Sorry for asking too many questions, because this is for my future self-improvement. and maybe others can also learn from my experience and be better at investing in bitcoin.

[edited out]

I actually don't panic when buying bitcoin, especially with DCA because I think I don't know how the market is. but you also said there must be an emergency or reserve fund that can be used to buy bitcoin when the price drops.
This decrease, when it exceeds what percentage? because if FOMO can happen every time the market is red, it could mean that emergency funds will come out continuously to increase bitcoin holdings.
Generally Emergency funds should be reserved  for what will call "emergency" or let's  urgent indisputable needs but if there's  any chance to use out of the emergency  fund to boost your investment  when there's a dip , then that's  a great idea.
You shouldn't  wait for a specific percentage  to buy dips , let's  say you are already using the DCA strategy of buying , dips might come before your DCA strategy so if there's  any emergency funds available  you can  invest out of it so you won't  miss the dip , if you were able to meet up with  your DCA in a dip and you feel like taking the opportunity  then you can  still use out of your emergency  fund .
Sometimes  Dip could only  be for a short  period  just to correct price so  waiting  for a percentage dip might not be necessary but let's here the thought of JJG on this

I_Anime

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 08:42:11 PM

If your income is low then trading is an Even worse option cause you might end up losing every thing to one wrong prediction, and trying to mix up trading and investing in bitcoin would not be advisable cause you would definitely find your self in situations where you need to compromise one to better the other and in most cases you would chose to trade over buying bitcoin cause it offers more quick profits than bitcoin. And trading at times can lead to addictive habits of always wanting to trade to cover up loses that has been made or even to get money to do other things, to be sincere i dont think trading and investing are compatible cause one involves long term thinking and the other is quite short term and you need different mentality to be successful doing both.
mate you are on the right track , just as they say those with less cash flow are always greedy when come to trading. With the crazy mindset of getting rich pretty quick which will cause them to engage with trading with leverages ( recklessly) and endup getting rekt. Wasting the little funds they had , instead of making good use of that funds by investing in Bitcoin. For instance like the time I started trading someone else started his bitcoin accumulation journey with the plan of holding for long . So compare such person to me that  lose alot during trading, so if the individual was patient enough to hold till now imagine the profit he as made now in his portfolio . One thing we should know something that have the potential to make you rich overnight ( like gambling funds) also has the potential to make you poor overnight, due to the risks attached to It but when you actually investing in Bitcoin, and you know that bitcoin ain't a get rich quick scheme , but when you're consistent with your accumulation and same time holding you would be able to secure a mature portfolio that will yield good profit in a long run.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 08:43:43 PM

[edited out]

I don't know if I can help you because you have to figure out some of these details yourself because I don't know your details.

One of the main ideas of buying BTC regularly by using DCA, Lump sum investing and buying the dip, you should be using your disposable/discretionary income.

So if you have an income that is between $600 and $2k per month (and maybe most of the time it is $1,200), and your monthly expenses are $1k per month, then most of the time, you only have $200 left over for investing, which is your disposable/discretionary income and you can use that for buying BTC.

However, some months you have lower income and some months you have higher income, so you have to build up your reserves and your emergency fund and to manage a good cashflow float in order to be able to continue to buy bitcoin when your income might be low or at least not have to sell any bitcoin for 10 years or more.

Emergency funds would not be used to buy bitcoin, but they are available in case your income dries up or your expenses out pace your income.  The more that you have investments, the more that you need emergency funds that are in cash and 3-6 months of your expenses.. so that you are not using your investments as your emergency funds.

Reserve funds can be built up for buying on dips, and you can already set orders for buying on dips - perhaps you could have orders for every $2k drop down to the $200 WMA.. and the 200-WMA is currently just below $32k.  You have to figure out how to allocate between your lump sum, DCA and buying on dips based on your budget, which is part of the reason to not be fucking around with shitcoins because it can take quite a bit of capital just to have a solid bitcoin buying approach and to protect yourself from getting reckt.

So, yeah, if you do not have good financial structure, then you could be forced to sell BTC at at time that is not of your own choosing when you should have had been ongoingly buying.. and buying in such a way that you don't end up recking yourself... whether you have to start with $10 per week rather than $100 per week in order that you have your other financial matters in order... and the better that you have an emergency fund and reserves, then the more aggressive you could probably be in terms of how much of your income you are allocating to bitcoin whether in a DCA manner or lump sum investing or buying on dips.

DCA is the better of any of the accumulation methods because it allows you to pace your buys, but if you are able to have sum lump sum come available, then you could consider the lump sum in each of the three categories.  Let's say that you just found out that you got a $2,400 bonus, and so all of that money could be dedicated towards buying BTC, but if you already have an income that you are buying regularly with DCA, then you may or may not DCA with the bonus money and maybe you just divide it into lump sum buying right away and the other half is buying on dips.  You have to figure out the allocations and which ones make the most sense to you... including what you think about BTC as compared with other possible investment (not referring to shitcoins) is only one of the 9 factors to consider and to get in order.

If the BTC price is continuing to move up then usually front-loading your investment helps to prepare you for up, but usually you still might have to have some money in reserves if the BTC price moves against you, including going down.

And, yeah when it goes down it might keep going down, so you don't necessarily know how much money to keep in reserves in order to keep buying as the price is going down... no one can tell you.. you have to figure out for yourself where and how you want to set and/or execute your buy orders if you are going to try to employ buying on dip techniques.

Most likely if you don't know what the fuck you are doing, then you should just start out establishing a budget for yourself regarding how much bitcoin to buy every week (or better said how many dollars that you have available for buying bitcoin every week) and then just do that, which is DCA.. and maybe it does not matter how much the BTC costs at the time that you buy it since your goal should be to just keep buying for the next 4-10 years or more while you might figure out at some point along the way if you might employ some other strategies from time to time... and ultimately you are responsible for any BTC accumulation strategy that you employ or don't employ, so don't come crying to me if you believe that you followed what I suggested and you end up feeling like you lost money because of your choices in your BTC accumulation direction.

[edited out]
Generally Emergency funds should be reserved  for what will call "emergency" or let's  urgent indisputable needs but if there's  any chance to use out of the emergency  fund to boost your investment  when there's a dip , then that's  a great idea.
You shouldn't  wait for a specific percentage  to buy dips , let's  say you are already using the DCA strategy of buying , dips might come before your DCA strategy so if there's  any emergency funds available  you can  invest out of it so you won't  miss the dip , if you were able to meet up with  your DCA in a dip and you feel like taking the opportunity  then you can  still use out of your emergency  fund .
Sometimes  Dip could only  be for a short  period  just to correct price so  waiting  for a percentage dip might not be necessary but let's here the thought of JJG on this

Emergency funds are not for buying BTC.. it is to use in case your income dries up or your expenses increase to higher than your income.. so that you do not have to sell any of your BTC...

You can hold money in reserves for buying BTC on dips and also for buying when your income fluctuates.  There are a lot of strategies to structure these kinds of matters, yet usually the better of strategies is to ongoingly buy BTC on a regular basis using DCA, and yeah you can supplement your strategy with the other techniques, but you might not want to overly think the matter, especially if you are in your early stages of BTC accumulation, you likely should just be regularly accumulating, but you still have to figure for yourself how much of a budget you can make for regular buying and if you want to hold some of your money in reserves for buying on dips.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
rachael9385

Activity: 448
Merit: 300

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 09:11:48 PM

Generally speaking, shitcoins are in and out kinds of things, so you do not tend to advantage from holding them over the long term.. but yeah you never know, there might be some shitcoins that end up having some longevity. but that still does not mean that it makes any sense to try to figure out which shitcoin is less shitty so that you might get some performance that might largely just be paralleling bitcoin anyhow..
   Investing on shitcoins is another means of waisting money on something that might not profit anything to the investors.   
   Most atimes, the intention and the longevity of some shitcoins is to make other investors to keep accumulating them because at that time they might be thinking that the shitcoins will last more like the Etherum.
    But it's not advised to invest on shitcoins because of the way it pumps, many reasons why it pumps are to draw the hart of many investors to start buy them.
   Again, there are still investors that do converts their Bitcoin to some altcoins because they see some fast bumps on the altcoins.
   What I would add is that, no matter how much an altcoin is bumping it can never beats Bitcoin in anyway and I believes they all know that but they still makes the mistakes.
and so your reason that you want to get into shitcoins is to outperform bitcoin, and so yes, that is called gambling rather than investing.. and there are a lot of people who are tempted and distracted into such.. and sometimes it might even work.. but it still probably not worth the amount of stress to try to figure it out and to employ luck rather than sticking with the more solid investment, which is bitcoin... .
   It's true that it's no more call investment but it's called gambling.
   I have already said it even before now that any investor that's looking for a quick way to make profits with crypto currencies, wether Bitcoin or altcoins is trying to refer Bitcoin as a means of gambling.
   I already believes that one particular things can never work for you the whole time. If it works today, tomorrow might be a very different thing, either in difficult ways or on an easy way.
So, again, if you are going to fuck around with shitcoins, if you at least limit them to no more than 10% the size of your bitcoin investment size (without cheating about it), then you will at least limit your exposure to them.. but yeah gamblers have difficulties limiting themselves.. so in the end, you are the one who decides your own allocations to shitcoins and/or your willingness to subject yourself to ongoing gambling and largely delusional and distracting ideas.
   One main reason why gamblers funds it very difficult to limits themselves from gambling is because they are addicted to it, even if they are not addicted now but they are finding it very very difficult to limit them selfs from gambling that means they are gradually becoming addicted to it.
   However, I see no reason why a bitcoiner will put their eyed on shitcoins. Bitcoin and shitcoins can't be compared and they all know that.
   IMO, as many people have missed the dip from Bitcoin they thinks it will never come back soon that's why they try to lookout for shitcoins around the conners to put their money into.
   Some, as they didn't buy Bitcoin when it was below $20,000 they don't want to miss other shitcoins that below $100 because out of misconceptions they believes sime of those shitcoins might get to the stage Bitcoin is today which is a lie

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
I_Anime

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 09:43:58 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2024, 10:22:28 PM by I_Anime

[edited out]

I don't know if I can help you because you have to figure out some of these details yourself because I don't know your details.

One of the main ideas of buying BTC regularly by using DCA, Lump sum investing and buying the dip, you should be using your disposable/discretionary income.

So if you have an income that is between $600 and $2k per month (and maybe most of the time it is $1,200), and your monthly expenses are $1k per month, then most of the time, you only have $200 left over for investing, which is your disposable/discretionary income and you can use that for buying BTC.

However, some months you have lower income and some months you have higher income, so you have to build up your reserves and your emergency fund and to manage a good cashflow float in order to be able to continue to buy bitcoin when your income might be low or at least not have to sell any bitcoin for 10 years or more.

Emergency funds would not be used to buy bitcoin, but they are available in case your income dries up or your expenses out pace your income.  The more that you have investments, the more that you need emergency funds that are in cash and 3-6 months of your expenses.. so that you are not using your investments as your emergency funds.

Reserve funds can be built up for buying on dips, and you can already set orders for buying on dips - perhaps you could have orders for every $2k drop down to the $200 WMA.. and the 200-WMA is currently just below $32k.  You have to figure out how to allocate between your lump sum, DCA and buying on dips based on your budget, which is part of the reason to not be fucking around with shitcoins because it can take quite a bit of capital just to have a solid bitcoin buying approach and to protect yourself from getting reckt.

So, yeah, if you do not have good financial structure, then you could be forced to sell BTC at at time that is not of your own choosing when you should have had been ongoingly buying.. and buying in such a way that you don't end up recking yourself... whether you have to start with $10 per week rather than $100 per week in order that you have your other financial matters in order... and the better that you have an emergency fund and reserves, then the more aggressive you could probably be in terms of how much of your income you are allocating to bitcoin whether in a DCA manner or lump sum investing or buying on dips.

DCA is the better of any of the accumulation methods because it allows you to pace your buys, but if you are able to have sum lump sum come available, then you could consider the lump sum in each of the three categories.  Let's say that you just found out that you got a $2,400 bonus, and so all of that money could be dedicated towards buying BTC, but if you already have an income that you are buying regularly with DCA, then you may or may not DCA with the bonus money and maybe you just divide it into lump sum buying right away and the other half is buying on dips.  You have to figure out the allocations and which ones make the most sense to you... including what you think about BTC as compared with other possible investment (not referring to shitcoins) is only one of the 9 factors to consider and to get in order.

If the BTC price is continuing to move up then usually front-loading your investment helps to prepare you for up, but usually you still might have to have some money in reserves if the BTC price moves against you, including going down.

And, yeah when it goes down it might keep going down, so you don't necessarily know how much money to keep in reserves in order to keep buying as the price is going down... no one can tell you.. you have to figure out for yourself where and how you want to set and/or execute your buy orders if you are going to try to employ buying on dip techniques.

Most likely if you don't know what the fuck you are doing, then you should just start out establishing a budget for yourself regarding how much bitcoin to buy every week (or better said how many dollars that you have available for buying bitcoin every week) and then just do that, which is DCA.. and maybe it does not matter how much the BTC costs at the time that you buy it since your goal should be to just keep buying for the next 4-10 years or more while you might figure out at some point along the way if you might employ some other strategies from time to time... and ultimately you are responsible for any BTC accumulation strategy that you employ or don't employ, so don't come crying to me if you believe that you followed what I suggested and you end up feeling like you lost money because of your choices in your BTC accumulation direction.

[edited out]

Emergency funds are not for buying BTC.. it is to use in case your income dries up or your expenses increase to higher than your income.. so that you do not have to sell any of your BTC...

You can hold money in reserves for buying BTC on dips and also for buying when your income fluctuates.  There are a lot of strategies to structure these kinds of matters, yet usually the better of strategies is to ongoingly buy BTC on a regular basis using DCA, and yeah you can supplement your strategy with the other techniques, but you might not want to overly think the matter, especially if you are in your early stages of BTC accumulation, you likely should just be regularly accumulating, but you still have to figure for yourself how much of a budget you can make for regular buying and if you want to hold some of your money in reserves for buying on dips.
This is damn impacting , breaking down in a way even some one new to this space would get it once . Now those that normally mistake emergency funds for reserve would get the difference now. Where most people missed it is that whenever there's decrease in price one would take as an opportunity of using lump-sum strategy to buy the dip using their emergency funds instead of having a reserve funds for such occasion. Which may lead to one not able to meetup with his expenses and endup developing the habit of tampering with their investment, I've already Started reserving some funds already, but I always make my emergency funds more without letting it affect my DCAing .

Ben Barubal

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 09:56:39 PM

Ordinary investors deposit shitcoins in the bank for a fixed period of time and got 5% profit on principle amount.... is it sufficient ? But what if we were to invest in bitcoin! How profitable it would have been ! Actually there are many people around me who are investing in shitcoins.

I wonder why you would even consider or compare Shitcoins with Bitcoin, however one thing you most understand is that Bitcoin is not a get rich quick investment because like every other normal business investment it has to do with long term process with a lot of patients and consistency and at the end you will see the reason why is good to hold Bitcoin, so I would strongly advise that if your main purpose of investment is the possible profits you could get within a certain period of time you should have a really deep thoughts about it because the possibility of getting what you want on Bitcoin within the certain period may likely not going to be certain. However if you check very well the only people who still choose Shitcoins are people whom there only goal is to become rich overnight without knowing that investing on Shitcoins is like a gambling that you are not sure of what the outcome will be, so it surprises me to see that most people are preferring Shitcoins when they know that so many people has falling a victim of Shitcoins, well my only advice is that asides from the possible profits we may realize in Bitcoin after holding it remains the most trusted coin and can never be compared with any other coins, so in terms of investment Bitcoin is the best.

Shit coins shouldn't really be compared to bitcoin, and that's incorrect. It seems like this: do we think that a lawyer will be allowed to debate with a non-lawyer? He won't agree because he's not at the same level as the one who can debate, right? It seems that in boxing, the person who will fight him will be beaten immediately, even if he has not punched yet.

Same with Bitcoin vs. Shit coins. The problem with others is that even those that are not shit coins are said to be shit coins. It seems that they are all in, which is not correct either; instead, identify which are the shit coins that are being said and not all of them.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 10:16:48 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Promocodeudo (1)

You can hold money in reserves for buying BTC on dips and also for buying when your income fluctuates.  There are a lot of strategies to structure these kinds of matters, yet usually the better of strategies is to ongoingly buy BTC on a regular basis using DCA, and yeah you can supplement your strategy with the other techniques, but you might not want to overly think the matter, especially if you are in your early stages of BTC accumulation, you likely should just be regularly accumulating, but you still have to figure for yourself how much of a budget you can make for regular buying and if you want to hold some of your money in reserves for buying on dips.
This is damn impacting , breaking down in a way even some one new to this space would get it once . Now those that normally mistake emergency funds for reserve would get the difference now. Where most people missed it is that whenever there's decrease in price one would take as an opportunity of using lump-sum strategy to buy the dip using their emergency funds instead of having a reserve funds for such occasion. Which may lead to one not able to meetup with his expenses and endup developing the habit of tampering with their investment, I've already Started reserving some funds already, but I always make my emergency to be more than my reserve funds, without letting it affect my DCAing .
You getting it now complicated, kindly rephrase and draft out what you are  trying to put out. Emergency funds are money kept aside for unforseen circumstances that may arise, maybe health issues, emergency family bills or one thing that we may not probably think of, it just happens unexpectedly.  Reserve funds are left over funds aside every other necessary expenses being carried out, the essence of holding reserve funds could have already been determined unlike emergency funds.

Shit coins shouldn't really be compared to bitcoin, and that's incorrect. It seems like this: do we think that a lawyer will be allowed to debate with a non-lawyer? He won't agree because he's not at the same level as the one who can debate, right? It seems that in boxing, the person who will fight him will be beaten immediately, even if he has not punched yet.

Same with Bitcoin vs. Shit coins. The problem with others is that even those that are not shit coins are said to be shit coins. It seems that they are all in, which is not correct either; instead, identify which are the shit coins that are being said and not all of them.
I do not encourage going off the exert topic and we should already be aware not comparing Bitcoin to Shitcoin, it's useless and a waste of resourceful time.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 11:14:20 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2024, 11:25:31 PM by JayJuanGee

[edited out]
This is damn impacting , breaking down in a way even some one new to this space would get it once . Now those that normally mistake emergency funds for reserve would get the difference now. Where most people missed it is that whenever there's decrease in price one would take as an opportunity of using lump-sum strategy to buy the dip using their emergency funds instead of having a reserve funds for such occasion. Which may lead to one not able to meetup with his expenses and endup developing the habit of tampering with their investment, I've already Started reserving some funds already, but I always make my emergency funds more without letting it affect my DCAing .

It seems to me that some of the members are handling their extra funds in the right kinds of ways, but sometimes we are mixing up the categories and then maybe arguing semantics (which are just the meanings of different words), yet some other times, members seem to have no sense in regards to how much of a cash cushion that they might need to have if they start spending from their extra cash, and if they end up experiencing some kind of emergency, then they end up in more trouble because they end up having to treat their bitcoin as an emergency fund, which surely should be what anyone investing should be trying to avoid.

If we build up our investment in bitcoin, then we have more of a responsibility to have organized finances (and psychology too) that will prevent us from ever having to cash into our bitcoin unless it was on conditions that we had already established for ourselves, and if we are a new investor, it is more likely that we would be waiting many years.. maybe even 4-10 years or longer, just to build up our BTC funds before we might start to consider strategies that might involve selling some of our BTC.

So, yeah there are different kinds of classifications of funds, but then there are also differing ways that we might be triggered to buy bitcoin, whether it is a regular DCA, or buying on dip or lump sum... .. and lump sum and buying on the dip are not necessarily the same thing... I don't even necessarily recommend that newer BTC accumulators hold back large amounts to buy on dips, but instead maybe they have some money that is set aside for various price points, such as if you have $2k in reserves then maybe you would have $100 for every $1,500 that the BTC price drops which would be 20 BTC buy orders all the way down to $38k or something like that... .. so yeah you don''t know that if the BTC price is going to dip but you have some money available to buy at various stages if it were to dip... .. but then maybe it does not make any sense to hold back that much money for buying on dips, especially for a relatively new bitcoin investor..

So let's say that a guy had already been buying $100 per week of BTC pretty regularly for more than a year (since the beginning of 2023) and he had invested $6,300 and accumulated right around 0.21 BTC so far, and he is not in a bad place right now, but he still feels like he has not accumulated enough BTC, so he continues to buy $100 per week of BTC, and that pretty much is a high  portion of his extra income.

Yet, for some reason.. out of the blue, he receives a payment of $2,400 extra that he was not expecting, and so maybe other parts of his financial life is already sufficiently in order, he has around 4 months of an emergency fund and he has some reserves already in place for buying on dips, so then he has to decide what is he going to do with that extra $2,400 that is in his budget?  He could decide to front load invest 66% of it (around $1,584) into bitcoin, and then add the other 33% ($816) towards buying on dips and/or DCA..... or maybe he just decides to divide it up 50%/50%.. or maybe he decides to just put 1/3 in each of the categories since he is not as convinced that the BTC price is going to go up from here.. so sometimes those decisions are made partially based on which way a guy thinks the BTC price is more likely to go and/or if he feels that he already is sufficiently prepared for buying on dips or if he believes that he is lacking in one area or another.. he has to weigh what the impact of his decision on the remainder of his balances.. which surely we would think he wants to be somewhat aggressive in his bitcoin accumulation without overdoing it.. yet at the same time, there is no perfectly correct answer about what he should do and align the balances of his funds.  

Lump summing right away would be front-loading the investment, and saving it without investing (and maybe preparing for a dip) would be lump summing on dips, but again, I personally tend to think that it is better to spread out your buying on dip purchases, but if you are more bearish than me then maybe you spread those buy orders to lower amounts and hope that you are not left holding a bunch of fiat that you could have had otherwise bought bitcoin with.. again, there is no perfect answer.

@Obim34 explained the difference between emergency funds and reserve funds well.. yet I would just add that reserve funds could be designated for buying BTC on dips too... so there could be general reserve funds that are not exactly specified for what they will be spent, even though there could be a variety of possibilities, including going on a date or out to dinner or some kind of extra expense that may or may not come about, or there could be specifically designated kinds of reserve funds, and yeah, sometimes people will keep certain categories of their reserve funds in separate accounts so that they the do not mix them up or that they do not accidentally spend into them.. which may or may not be necessary since you could merely classify funds within one account, but sometimes any of us can end up being forgetful and make mistakes if we don't force ourselves to actually separate some of our funds.... which, for example, might even include presetting some BTC buy orders on exchanges with some of your funds so that if the BTC price drops to such levels in which your buy orders are preset, then those funds will be used for buying BTC on the dip.. but you could end up cancelling those orders at any time before they fill if you change your mind or you want to redesignate those funds for something else.

I_Anime

View Profile
March 14, 2024, 12:01:15 AM

Lump summing right away would be front-loading the investment, and saving it without investing (and maybe preparing for a dip) would be lump summing on dips, but again, I personally tend to think that it is better to spread out your buying on dip purchases, but if you are more bearish than me then maybe you spread those buy orders to lower amounts and hope that you are not left holding a bunch of fiat that you could have had otherwise bought bitcoin with.. again, there is no perfect answer.
Thanks alot for the clarity. Well concerning this part I quoted I think the method (spreading out buying )  recommended by you concerning dip purchases would be better and more effective. If am not mistaken this when one purchases the dip without going all out at once like lump summing. Instead buying with some certain percent of your reserved funds first during the dip , and if the market dip further one can also purchase the dip again with some percentage of their reserved funds than just going all at once but buy spreading your purchasing of the dip.
If we build up our investment in bitcoin, then we have more of a responsibility to have organized finances (and psychology too) that will prevent us from ever having to cash into our bitcoin unless it was on conditions that we had already established for ourselves, and if we are a new investor, it is more likely that we would be waiting many years.. maybe even 4-10 years or longer, just to build up our BTC funds before we might start to consider strategies that might involve selling some of our BTC
you are right, as an new investors investing should be out of the picture first , how to accumulate more quantities would be your focus now,  disciplining oneself to have a good psychology, inorder to build a good portfolio .

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2024, 12:11:37 AM

.... disciplining oneself to have a good psychology, inorder to build a good portfolio .

I think that if you are able to put your finances in a comfortable place, then you likely do not need as much discipline regarding the psychology, and the psychology will follow from having your finances in good order, and also psychology follows when you have built up a good sized BTC stash and you are in profits.. but until you get to that point, your building of your financial systems should be helpful in terms of giving you peace of mind that strengthens your psychology.. since you will more likely have systems in place in which you are prepared for the BTC price to go up or to go down or to go sideways.

Kwarkam

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2024, 12:13:32 AM

Couldn't agree more. What you said about trading shitcoins is total truth. The risk involved is too great a risk that the success rate in it is a mirage. It should be basic knowledge that investing in shitcoin is considered gambling. As for Bitcoin where HODLing is the best move to make, in shitcoin, it's the reverse where holding on to them is foolishness as you have to sell your coins as soon as possible to avoid losses, but nobody should get me wrong, people make their 'profit' and all that, but then look at the Bitcoin side. Can you honestly call that profit?

Before I got into the digital asset space, my uncle was going on and on about having this shitcoin and all that. Trading was his thing and he was in more valleys than peaks, and HODLing didn't make any sense to him. Well in Bitcoin, HODLing is how to do it.
I_Anime

View Profile
March 14, 2024, 12:43:17 AM

Couldn't agree more. What you said about trading shitcoins is total truth. The risk involved is too great a risk that the success rate in it is a mirage. It should be basic knowledge that investing in shitcoin is considered gambling. As for Bitcoin where HODLing is the best move to make, in shitcoin, it's the reverse where holding on to them is foolishness as you have to sell your coins as soon as possible to avoid losses, but nobody should get me wrong, people make their 'profit' and all that, but then look at the Bitcoin side. Can you honestly call that profit?

Before I got into the digital asset space, my uncle was going on and on about having this shitcoin and all that. Trading was his thing and he was in more valleys than peaks, and HODLing didn't make any sense to him. Well in Bitcoin, HODLing is how to do it.
I can see you're now getting the gist , at first try and arrange your post quoting properly, that why I told that most people use shit Coin for short term profit during trading cause of the risk, yeah there people who are making from trading and all that but before getting to that stage , you don't want to imagine the Shit you going to pass through, and it take alot of practicing and skills to get there. But in investing you just need basic knowledge and you good to go with your accumulation. Like when I was still into trading due to the losses I didn't have the guts to recommend trading To my friends but I can gladly recommend them into holding of bitcoin and doing so, I don't have to stress my self to say too much , bitcoin growth as already made it obvious on how amazing bitcoin is . So if you still insist in trading I would advice you to trade wisely and as trading try accumulating more bitcoin ( for holding not trading) and don't let your trading affect your bitcoin accummulation.

Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 409 »
  Print  

Jump to: