Bitcoin Forum
September 12, 2024, 11:20:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 106628 times)
DubemIfedigbo001

Activity: 420
Merit: 292

Let love lead

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2024, 02:02:04 PM

DCA method doesn't give investors the mindset of being consistent rather investors disciplined themselves and know what is right to do because there are a lot of investors who uses the DCA method yet they are not consistent with it so that method doesn't give investors the mindset to be consistent. Just like I said earlier any strategy can be good and perfect depending on your capacity, you are sounding like a trader at the end of your post however, you can't incur loss because of change of strategy rather you can become stranded and biased if you don't know how to manage your investment and your income.
Situations affect people who are willing to make amends positively, and having responsibilities makes you more matured and sit up in your indifferent attitude. I would be very fast to disagree with you because I have been very much financially aware since I started DCA bitcoin accumulation process, just knowing that I have the responsibility of setting aside some portion of my earnings to accumulate bitcoin weekly has made me very good at planning my finances, good thing it spread to other walks in my life and I was able to manage my finances better.

I know there are some people who are careless with their life activities even when presented with opportunities to thrive, but if you are a student of determination, dedication, financial maturity and commitment, then DCA accumulation when followed strictly without fail is a very good teacher of those qualities.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Justbillywitt

Activity: 364
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 24, 2024, 08:03:23 PM

[edited out].
I have gone through the question you add above and I would rather be the guy who spent $28,500 and had somewhere between 27 BTC and 34 BTC (with an average cost per BTC between $838 and $1,056). Even though I ended up spending more money than the first guy in acquiring my bitcoin. I also ended up having more bitcoin in my possession which is much more profitable than the first guy. Although both of them are successful with their investments. Each were able to invest according to their financial capabilities.
My assertion in making the comparisons is that the first guy ONLY did a lump sum purchase of bitcoin with $5k and the second guy did the lump sum, yet continued to invest into bitcoin through out the period.

So my assertion is that the first guy purposefully chose to be less aggressive in his investment style than the second guy, and it seems that the first guy was more whimpy in his investment style than the second guy.

Sure, it was not guaranteed that all of the extra money that the second guy put into bitcoin over the next 9 years was going to end up paying off, and it cost him $50 per week to put in that extra money over 9 years, which I was presuming to be fairly easily within the means of either one of them to continue to buy bitcoin, yet the first one chose to limit his investment in bitcoin to the $5k amount.

With bitcoin we see that historically it had been the best of assets to invest in, and right now we are faced with similar kinds of choices, and we cannot know for sure whether our choices to ongoing invest into bitcoin are going to end up paying off.
Well for me I think the risk was worth taking. It is better to invest now and find out what the outcome will be in the future than to neglect investing at all, while figuring what the future will be like for bitcoin. If it eventually pay off the person that decided to invest will be considered as a wise person. If it doesn't pay off by that time, we continue holding with the hope that it will pay off someday.

Sure.  I understand that it could well be the case that some of the forum members who are actively participating in forum threads may well be more likely to want to interactively continue to buy bitcoin - although it is also true that there are some guys who take more of a wait an see kind of an approach in which they might not really want to continue to buy bitcoin on a regular and ongoing basis.

I do tend to recommend the more aggressive ongoing approach, but surely there is no guarantee that such an approach will continue to pay off better than a more reserved and even whimpy approach.

From your example it was evident enough that lump summing once without following up with DCA during the waiting period is not actually a wise decision. While waiting for the x number of years, one should take the advantage of following up the investment, provided that the investor has the means.

Surely some people are more nervous about bitcoin and also nervous about how much they put into bitcoin, and there is nothing really wrong about that.  One of the natures of even having an asymmetric bet like bitcoin, there have been a lot of historical instances in which even fairly whimpy investors have done pretty well with having had taken a bitcoin investment.. and that could be part of the reason why so many folks suggest that investing into bitcoin can end up being just getting off zero, and even if you might not take a very large bitcoin position, historically, the ones who had gotten off zero had been rewarded for getting off of zero as long as they stuck with their investment and did not get scared out of it.

Another thing that can be good about taking a more whimpy approach to bitcoin investing is that there might be less concerned about getting shaken out, since some people who are more aggressive in their bitcoin investment approach, they end up overdoing it without realizing that they had over done it and they might either get overly nervous about BTC price drops or they might end up selling some of their BTC position at the wrong time (meaning when the price is down or selling too much too soon as the BTC price goes up) based partly on how nervous they are.

Even if it wasn't guaranteed that the extra money the investor is putting is not going to pay off in the end. It was an avenue for the second guy to save up his money by investing it in bitcoin through the DCA of $50 per week. It was a risk that was worth it. It was better than the first guy who probably was saving his extra money he was getting in Fiat within that 9 years intervals.

There surely are these kinds of people who either don't invest in anything, consume or maybe they invest into various inferior products, and maybe some of them are more innocent mistakes than others.

For example, I have more difficulties blaming someone who might have had been lured to invest into his 401k, and so by the time he might invest 5% or 10% of his income into his 401k because his employer matches some of that and also the 401k funds are tax deferred, so then he might not want to invest more into bitcoin, since he also has expenses and wants and he feels that he is already investing enough, and so it could become a bit misleading to invest so much into a 401k, when he might still be able to invest into his 401k and also invest into bitcoin, yet sometimes it can become more difficult to invest higher portions of an income.. so there are trade offs and temptations to want to enjoy life.... and some folks might say that they are not even enjoying life, they are investing themselves to the maximum... so they would be risking too much to try to invest more than what they are choosing to invest.

That's true, someone who might have not known how these things works can easily be lured into investing in bitcoin and the person who lured the investor might not have properly explained to the investor how things works around bitcoin investment, especially in long term hold. Everything will just be unfolding as surprises to the investor. So it will be difficult for the investor to follow up the investment, because at the point of investment he was kept in the dark, and he might have just programmed himself that it will be  a one time purchase.

This could rightly be the situation first guy found himself that  made him not to follow up his investment, for that holding period of 9 years. Your explanation has given me a wider understanding to why some investors fails to follow up their investment after the first lump sum purchase. If the first guy was in a situation similar as you explained above, then I think he made the right decision by not following up the investment, because  he would have ruined his life, because he would have find it difficult to sustain the investment and still take care of his other needs. Hence his decision to hold the first buy, and focus on his life is also not bad.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 24, 2024, 08:26:32 PM

[edited out].
That's true, someone who might have not known how these things works can easily be lured into investing in bitcoin and the person who lured the investor might not have properly explained to the investor how things works around bitcoin investment, especially in long term hold. Everything will just be unfolding as surprises to the investor. So it will be difficult for the investor to follow up the investment, because at the point of investment he was kept in the dark, and he might have just programmed himself that it will be  a one time purchase.

This could rightly be the situation first guy found himself that  made him not to follow up his investment, for that holding period of 9 years. Your explanation has given me a wider understanding to why some investors fails to follow up their investment after the first lump sum purchase. If the first guy was in a situation similar as you explained above, then I think he made the right decision by not following up the investment, because  he would have ruined his life, because he would have find it difficult to sustain the investment and still take care of his other needs. Hence his decision to hold the first buy, and focus on his life is also not bad.

There may be some senses in which our hypothetical is not even realistic, since I would assert that many times someone who ONLY makes a one time investment into bitcoin and who is not interacting regularly, by buying more, then that person likely does not sufficiently understand bitcoin, so in that regard, there would have had been pretty high chances that the person who initially bought $5k worth of BTC would not have had been able to hang onto it for so long without selling some or all of it, so the more likely scenario from my own point of view is that the one time buyer would have had sold too much too soon.

Accordingly, some credit has to go to the 1st guy to hold bitcoin for 9 years without selling it, even though part of my point was to contrast the whimpy buyer with the more aggressive buyer, and surely there could be a lot of different variations, yet part of the objective of trying to show a comparison of two different types of persons should be to attempt to show how they might be substantially changed by merely changing one of the variables, and in this case I was trying to just show the difference between whimpy and aggressive and attempting to show that they might otherwise be very similar apart from the whimpy versus the aggressive approach to bitcoin investing.

And, surely there is no guaranteed that the aggressive would have had performed better, and each of us can choose between being whimpy or aggressive to the extent to which the balance makes sense to our  own particular circumstances, and there may be times in which we change our approach based on some other goals (or projects or activities or purchases) that we might end up wanting to carry out in the midst of our bitcoin accumulation journey.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ginsan

Activity: 1456
Merit: 650

View Profile
August 24, 2024, 09:51:18 PM

~~
We shouldn't only accumulate Bitcoin when it is dip for it is important we accumulate all season though the dip is just an opportunity for an investor to accumulate enough Bitcoin and HODL but if the goal is only to accumulate when it is dip it will really delay our Bitcoin investment journey. So I think the goal should be keeping on accumulating more Bitcoin and HODL weather the price of Bitcoin is dip or not the importance thing there is how much Bitcoin you were able to accumulate and how long you were able to hodl.
Maybe you misunderstood it because you only focus on one point. I have given an understanding in that post that DCA is the best so in that case we invest with the DCA pattern and also in conjunction with buying on dips.

Isn't buying on dips the right choice to follow up our accumulation along with routine accumulation every week. You must be able to organize all forms of plans if you are really focused on taking advantage of opportunities when prices fall

Yes, buying and holding will make you comfortable in any situation because your steps are for the long term so holding is an option that must be required.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
adultcrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 24, 2024, 11:35:03 PM

We shouldn't only accumulate Bitcoin when it is dip for it is important we accumulate all season though the dip is just an opportunity for an investor to accumulate enough Bitcoin and HODL but if the goal is only to accumulate when it is dip it will really delay our Bitcoin investment journey. So I think the goal should be keeping on accumulating more Bitcoin and HODL weather the price of Bitcoin is dip or not the importance thing there is how much Bitcoin you were able to accumulate and how long you were able to hodl.
Maybe you misunderstood it because you only focus on one point. I have given an understanding in that post that DCA is the best so in that case we invest with the DCA pattern and also in conjunction with buying on dips.
I don't think we have to argue about which method is the best because what might be the best for you may not be suitable for the other base on their personality or schedule. Therefore, the existence of various methods of bitcoin accumulation is to create some varieties to so that individuals can chose which is best for them. Inasmuch as we know that the DCA method is a great method, there are people that cannot just use that method for example, people who are involved in regular traveling due to their work or business schedule, instead of using the DCA method, they will go with lump sum buy. This does not mean they are doing it correctly, it simply means they are constrained by their work or business.

Provided the intention is to invest and HODL, then whichever method that is adopted is fine. However, for people who have the time and patience to wait their DCA schedule and for the dip to occur, a combination of both methods can be a great arsenal at their disposal.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 01:56:07 AM

I don't think we have to argue about which method is the best because what might be the best for you may not be suitable for the other base on their personality or schedule. Therefore, the existence of various methods of bitcoin accumulation is to create some varieties to so that individuals can chose which is best for them. Inasmuch as we know that the DCA method is a great method, there are people that cannot just use that method for example, people who are involved in regular traveling due to their work or business schedule, instead of using the DCA method, they will go with lump sum buy. This does not mean they are doing it correctly, it simply means they are constrained by their work or business.

Provided the intention is to invest and HODL, then whichever method that is adopted is fine. However, for people who have the time and patience to wait their DCA schedule and for the dip to occur, a combination of both methods can be a great arsenal at their disposal.

The example of the person who ONLY buys when it is convenient and/or only when he figures out his budget is still doing DCA, even if the time and the amount vary.

Even though I agree with you that DCA might not work for everyone, you have not given an example of lump sum, and you have largely given an example of DCA because you are suggesting that the only reason that the guy had not executed his DCA is because he was busy with other things... yet you are suggesting that he still is interested in buying BTC, he just is busy with other things.
I would suggest that a non-DCA approach might be a guy who is not really very seriously thinking about BTC.. so sometimes he thinks about buying BTC and other times he doesn't, so he is erratic based on his own lack of conviction about BTC..

Substantively, it may not really matter so much what we call it, and so each of us have to consider how persistent we are in regards to investing into bitcoin, and surely people have a lot of things going on in life, so some of those people might set up an automatic DCA in order to make sure that they continue to buy BTC, so that kind of person might be more serious about BTC rather than a person who does not set up such automatic buys and does not even force himself to buy every week, even though personally I like the idea of automatically executing DCAs, on a practical basis, it can be better for some folks to have their DCA buys (weekly or whatever) to be executed automatically.

Maybe a non-DCA person would be someone who lacks focus in terms of his buying of BTC, and so his buying schedule is really erratic.. .. and erratic based on his own occupation with other things and his not giving the buying of BTC a very high priority (and his failure/refusal to set up automatic DCA), so that kind of a case, every once in a while the guy comes back to BTC and decides to buy some more.. That might be a non-DCA kind of an approach to buying BTC, even though maybe it sounds like a bit of a strange example since it may or may not be DCA depending on if there is any kind of an attempt at consistently buying BTC, and maybe that was the kind of an example that you (adultcrypto) were trying to describe as a non-DCA approach? .. but I would not call it lump sum unless there were different kind of facts, such a some kind of extra cashflow or even some initial considerations about how to buy bitcoin and whether to buy right away or to execute some kind of purposeful deferal based on time (DCA) or based on price (buy on dip).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
I_Anime

Activity: 504
Merit: 207

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 02:19:27 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Substantively, it may not really matter so much what we call it, and so each of us have to consider how persistent we are in regards to investing into bitcoin, and surely people have a lot of things going on in life, so some of those people might set up an automatic DCA, even though personally I like the idea of manually executing DCAs, on a practical basis, it can be better for some folks to have their DCA buys (weekly or whatever to be executed automatically.

When you said manually, can you please give some clarification. Because base on how I understand this reply, having a fixed time to purchase like weekly or monthly is a form of automatic DCAing? Just wanna know the different between manual DCAing and automatic DCAing, it really picks my interest.

Even though I agree with you that DCA might not work for everyone, you have not given an example of lump sum, and you have largely given an example of DCA because you are suggesting that the only reason that the guy had not executed his DCA is because he was busy with other things... yet you are suggesting that he still is interested in buying BTC, he just is busy with other things.
I would suggest that a non-DCA approach might be a guy who is not really very seriously thinking about BTC.. so sometimes he thinks about buying BTC and other times he doesn't, so he is erratic based on his own lack of conviction about BTC

Base on my understanding, I will say lump sum is the opposite of DCAing strategy or method. Because it literally deals with one going in at once , without breaking the payment down . Like for instance I have $10k , and I want to invest on bitcoin, I can decide to break it down into 10 places which will be $200 each , and I will have a fixed time to make my purchases ( with the $200) either weekly or monthly, buying at different price interval. Or can use lump sum method by using all the $10k at once to purchase bitcoin without any form of breaking in a fixed time

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
Dice  Mines  ◥ Plinko  Duel Poker  ◥ Dice Duels
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 03:06:35 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), zasad@ (1)

Substantively, it may not really matter so much what we call it, and so each of us have to consider how persistent we are in regards to investing into bitcoin, and surely people have a lot of things going on in life, so some of those people might set up an automatic DCA, even though personally I like the idea of manually executing DCAs, on a practical basis, it can be better for some folks to have their DCA buys (weekly or whatever to be executed automatically.

When you said manually, can you please give some clarification. Because base on how I understand this reply, having a fixed time to purchase like weekly or monthly is a form of automatic DCAing? Just wanna know the different between manual DCAing and automatic DCAing, it really picks my interest.

Some exchanges allow the setting up of automatic DCAing.  You can choose an amount and a frequency, perhaps daily, weekly or some other inverval - exchanges will vary in t how an automated DCA could be set up and part of the reason that I don't like them is that they usually cannot be set up for a very specific time, but instead at the the most daily, so the exchange will likely batch all of the DCA's at the same time and might even play shenanigans with the DCAs, though maybe some of the exchanges have improved their systems.  If you are going to use an exchange to automatically DCA, I would look into how they describe their way of executing the automatic DCAs.

Manual DCA is that you do your own buy, and surely you can even set your buy up as a market taker limited order rather than having your order be a market maker.  Market takers have lower fees than market makers, and of course, people are going to have differing rates and differing options depending on their geographical location and which exchanges are available to them.

Regarding your statement:  "it really picks my interest."   I am pretty sure you meant to say:  "it really piques my interest"

I would suggest that a non-DCA approach might be a guy who is not really very seriously thinking about BTC.. so sometimes he thinks about buying BTC and other times he doesn't, so he is erratic based on his own lack of conviction about BTC
Base on my understanding, I will say lump sum is the opposite of DCAing strategy or method. Because it literally deals with one going in at once , without breaking the payment down . Like for instance I have $10k , and I want to invest on bitcoin, I can decide to break it down into 10 places which will be $200 each , and I will have a fixed time to make my purchases ( with the $200) either weekly or monthly, buying at different price interval. Or can use lump sum method by using all the $10k at once to purchase bitcoin without any form of breaking in a fixed time

Fair enough..   Let's say that you were brand new to bitcoin, and you had $10k in the bank that you had authorized yourself to buy bitcoin.  You could invest all of that $10k right away or within a few quick payments over a week or so, and I would consider that to mostly be lump sum.

You could also decide to divide the $10k into three parts. $6k to buy right away (that would be lump sum)  $2,500 for buying on dips - let's say 10 Buy orders of $250 every $1k that the price goes down starting at $62,500-ish... so that would be having buy orders down to about $53,500 if there were really 10 buy orders with $1k increments and also that you would realize that whenever you set up buy on dip buy orders, you run the risk of some or all of them not filling, so that could result in your having that extra fiat that could have had been used to buy BTC but it did not end up getting deployed.  In regards to DCA, you could allocate the remaining $1,500 for DCAing.. maybe $100 per week for the next 15 weeks. (on Saturdays in the mornings (around 9am) to be manually executed..and perhaps with some variance in the time or the way it might be executed).  

Of course, besides that $10k of starting capital, you might also have a regular DCA that you are planning to carry out for the next 1 to 4 years (perhaps on a weekly basis), and you also might have some regular buying on dips that you have planned too, but those regular DCAs and buying on dips would be planned to come out of your regular income, whether you are able to buy $100 per week with the DCAs and/or perhaps a similar amount with the buying on dips or some other amount that is within the decided amount of your anticipated discretionary income that you want to allocate towards buying bitcoin on a weekly basis and also perhaps for buying dips, too.   

You also might know that with your job, 2-3 times per year you receive a bonus of somewhere between $2k and $4k depending on the performance of your company for that period of time, but you don't know exactly when those bonuses are going to come or if they are going to come, so you don't plan your specific finances based on the bonuses, yet now that you are getting into bitcoin, and you believe that you are serious about BTC accumulation, you decide that you are going to use between 60% to 80% of any bonuses that you receive to buy bitcoin.. so each time when you get the bonuses, you are going to decide the extent to which you will buy right away with the bitcoin allocated portion or if you might employ DCA and/or buying on dip with some portion of the amount that you will have available to you.  With regard to the bonuses, the part you buy right away, I would call that lump sum, even though you might choose ONLY a small amount (or a minority) of the total amount to buy right away.. You use your discretion regarding how to divide each of the categories and how to execute the BTC buys that would result from those anticipated bonus amounts.

SuperBitMan

Activity: 56
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 06:23:31 AM

Yeah you are right, however sometimes what makes you comfortable or what suits you may not be good for you and that is why we are all gathered here and talking about Bitcoin, you may be using a strategy that you are so comfortable with but at the long run you are not doing better in your accumulation so when you see a new idea on how to do better in your accumulation journey you go with it and you must not be comfortable with it.
If you allow everyone to do what they are very much comfortable with that means a lot of offices will be locked, Bitcoin journey will take you a long time especially those who are holding for a long term so you need to engage in a strategy that will yield good result and not the one that will give you sweet rest with bad result.
I'm not saying we should not use a strategy that will suit us or we will be comfortable with, I'm saying if you see that the suitable strategy is not yielding good result dump it and go for the next.
sotelorene

Activity: 350
Merit: 79

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 08:15:35 AM
Merited by Cryptoprincess101 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Yeah you are right, however sometimes what makes you comfortable or what suits you may not be good for you and that is why we are all gathered here and talking about Bitcoin, you may be using a strategy that you are so comfortable with but at the long run you are not doing better in your accumulation so when you see a new idea on how to do better in your accumulation journey you go with it and you must not be comfortable with it.
If you allow everyone to do what they are very much comfortable with that means a lot of offices will be locked, Bitcoin journey will take you a long time especially those who are holding for a long term so you need to engage in a strategy that will yield good result and not the one that will give you sweet rest with bad result.
I'm not saying we should not use a strategy that will suit us or we will be comfortable with, I'm saying if you see that the suitable strategy is not yielding good result dump it and go for the next.

Below are/is what I think makes an investor swing to another strategy

Lets say an investors is into buying lump sum because of the work he does and then suddenly the work stopped paying the initial amount they always pay or maybe the company fold this can make an investor to change his investment plan and on the other hand if an investor is using the DCA method because of the money he received weekly or monthly as the case maybe and then fortunately he got a new job that the weekly or monthly payment is huge this can cause an investor to change his strategy or make him double up the amount he always use to DCA.

However, any strategy can be profitable in Bitcoin investment provided you are doing the right thing at the right time and changing of strategy is more like trading stuff because a trader always rotate on strategy, if a particular strategy doesn't work for them they change immediately just to make sure the market moves in favor of them ( their trade).

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
SuperBitMan

Activity: 56
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 08:40:40 AM

Lets say an investors is into buying lump sum because of the work he does and then suddenly the work stopped paying the initial amount they always pay or maybe the company fold this can make an investor to change his investment plan and on the other hand if an investor is using the DCA method because of the money he received weekly or monthly as the case maybe and then fortunately he got a new job that the weekly or monthly payment is huge this can cause an investor to change his strategy or make him double up the amount he always use to DCA.

However, any strategy can be profitable in Bitcoin investment provided you are doing the right thing at the right time and changing of strategy is more like trading stuff because a trader always rotate on strategy, if a particular strategy doesn't work for them they change immediately just to make sure the market moves in favor of them ( their trade).
You are wrong, if you ask legendary members or anyone who has been into Bitcoin for years they will tell you they have at one point in time changed the strategy they were using to another one, as someone involved in a long term Bitcoin investment and you changed your strategy of accumulation and still maintain holding for a long term, how those it make you a trader.
So you are saying since I'm using DCA in my Accumulation and as time goes on i see a better strategy i shouldn't go over to that strategy please let's all be realistic.
There are people who were using different strategy in there accumulation but when they joined this forum they saw a better strategy suggestion that will suit them even more and they started using it and there are also people who has been in this forum for long and at a time the saw an idea of a better strategy and they took it because it will be more comfortable for them and yield more Bitcoin for them.
Changing of Bitcoin accumulation strategy to a more suitable and comfortable strategy one that will yield you more Bitcoin is not a bad idea or move.
laijsica

Activity: 210
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 10:53:27 AM

The decision to invest with Bitcoin has certainly been justified in terms of returns to each investor's capital that we have seen in the past and I expect it to justify more returns in the future. I would suggest you to withdraw yourself from short term bitcoin trading strategy as it is relatively nerve wracking strategy. The effects of trading can cause disruptions in your normal activities that are unexpected as a human.
On the contrary you can start depositing bitcoins with DCA strategy which is a simple process and disposable income every week or every month. Also the Single Add strategy is very important during bearish times which allows more bitcoins to be accumulated in a short period of time while the DCA method is running.

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
Dice  Mines  ◥ Plinko  Duel Poker  ◥ Dice Duels
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 406
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 11:13:40 AM

In as much as the DCA strategy has enormous benefits and how much of it's dominance in terms of discussion in this thread and forum at large, I don't think it is ok to suggest that one should stick to what works best for others, every strategy has it's own unique functionality and should be applied to suit him or her and moreso, what is most important is to increase the size of our Bitcoin.

Whichever strategy or strategies that is being employed by an investor in ensuring achieving a successful investment is good.
Of course I totally agree with your opinion because DCA is the best strategy to apply in Bitcoin investment. Apart from the price fluctuations that make DCA very good to apply because we can buy at different price levels every week. For that I also think that everyone has the same goal, which is to buy at dips and hold them. There is nothing to think about far because everyone certainly wants to increase their bitcoin ownership by accumulating regularly.

Indeed, there are many ways for them to satisfy themselves by implementing a strategy that is fairly comfortable for them, but in general DCA is the most widely used. Today bitcoin has gone up 4% where in this writing the price of bitcoin is traded at $63500 where the reversal is quite fast because two weeks ago bitcoin had fallen drastically and the big conclusion is of course with DCA we do not miss buying when the price drops like what happened in the last two weeks.

Although no one expects a decline to occur, market conditions still cannot be predicted correctly because the price of bitcoin could rise significantly and vice versa. Therefore, prepare cash flow as well as possible during our investment journey so that we can take advantage of the moment to increase aggressively when the opportunity arises.
there is no fear in Bitcoin investment if the DCA method is followed to sustain the investment for a long time.
You are wrong; even if you are accumulating bitcoin with a lump sum strategy or accumulating through buying the bitcoin dip, there's no fear in investing our money in bitcoin because there's no fine or punishment placed on anyone who invests his money in bitcoin. The only time there will be fear in bitcoin investment is when you invest your whole money in it or when you invest in bitcoin without keeping an emergency fund, reserve fund, and float because, if there's an unforeseen problem, you will depend on your bitcoin investment to sort it out.
Ruttoshi

Activity: 448
Merit: 366

Baba God Noni

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

For a brand new investor that wants to start his bitcoin journey and hodli for long, DCA is the best for him because it is a consistent buying approach which you buy every week with part of your discretionary income to enable you keep building and growing your bitcoin portfolio without stopping because you are piling it up. The newbie will regret it only if he is not consistent with it, also if the new investor gets extra cash that he never planned for like bonus from work or cash as birthday gift, he can lump sum immediately to help increase his bitcoin portfolio.

There are stages in your bitcoin accumulation journey that you need to tweak from one strategy to the other and no just depending only on one strategy. For instance, investors that have accumulated a good size of bitcoin but have not reached their bitcoin target can wait for the dip to buy bitcoin at discount so that he will add a significant amount of bitcoin to his portfolio and might not DCA anymore.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Popkon6

Activity: 714
Merit: 348

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 11:40:33 AM

The 🇸🇻 Salvadoran government has been buying 1 #Bitcoin per day since March 16, accumulating 160 BTC (💵 $10.31M).
Source Link
They now hold 5,850 BTC ($355.83M) with an average cost of $44,835 and a profit of $93.45M 👀🙌

El Salvador is the most attractive to Bitcoin because they are constantly buying Bitcoins. Because since 2021, they have started buying bitcoin from the price of 69 thousand dollar bitcoin, and have been steadfast in buying bitcoin until now. They ended up buying $60k worth of bitcoins, and their average bitcoin purchase came to $44,835. But this is the biggest proof of the benefits of investing in bitcoins following the DCA method. Because if you follow the method regularly then surely you will be impressed by the success of the country of El Salvador.
Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5342087.msg64458220#msg64458220

Of course you can see here how to succeed in DCA method you can get education only from the President of El Salvador Nayib Bukele and this is the biggest proof. Maybe because he has more money he holds more and more bitcoins in DCA method, but because we have less money we will hold small amount in regular DCA method so of course we will have average price control on buying bitcoins. This is our single greatest strategy to hold bitcoins in a simple way and proven from here.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Roseline492

Activity: 406
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 01:23:18 PM

There are stages in your bitcoin accumulation journey that you need to tweak from one strategy to the other and no just depending only on one strategy. For instance, investors that have accumulated a good size of bitcoin but have not reached their bitcoin target can wait for the dip to buy bitcoin at discount so that he will add a significant amount of bitcoin to his portfolio and might not DCA anymore.

The only thing that can make someone go into different strategy is when they have multiple sources of income because we cannot suggest for someone who is barely managing to sticked on there DCA accumulation to consider adding more other strategies into there investment patterns because they would be over pressed with the load of maintaining those strategies, though having or adding more strategies is not wrong if you are financially capable but for those who are less privileged should continue with DCA instead of thinking about how they can get more Bitcoin when they don't have the financial strength.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bestcoins1

Activity: 2338
Merit: 737

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 01:44:44 PM

You are wrong; even if you are accumulating bitcoin with a lump sum strategy or accumulating through buying the bitcoin dip, there's no fear in investing our money in bitcoin because there's no fine or punishment placed on anyone who invests his money in bitcoin. The only time there will be fear in bitcoin investment is when you invest your whole money in it or when you invest in bitcoin without keeping an emergency fund, reserve fund, and float because, if there's an unforeseen problem, you will depend on your bitcoin investment to sort it out.
What you said is quite true because some people who want to invest in Bitcoin for the long term are still not aware that they also have to have a reserve fund in their lives so as not to interfere with the amount of investment that already exists in the form of Bitcoin. I hope everyone can understand this so that they can continue to be enthusiastic in buying Bitcoin and investing it in the long term without remembering to sell in the near future for any reason. Because we can all see that there are many investors who have felt happy after holding Bitcoin for a long time without being affected by the burdens of their own lives.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
arwin100

Activity: 2856
Merit: 839

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 01:51:20 PM

there is no fear in Bitcoin investment if the DCA method is followed to sustain the investment for a long time.

That's really scary especially if you put all your money in bitcoin and nothing left in your position. Since every dip would provably give you stress, so to avoid experiencing this scenario much really better to spend some amount which is aligned with your budget and also make sure to have emergency funds since this  could really save us for any unwanted or unexpected scenario that will happen in our investment. There are times that everything is not smooth as we expect that's why its good to have funds that we can use so if everything is really in bad shape we can recover since we are prepare for this scenario to happen.

Lots of people really hook up with bitcoins potential but they should not be greedy and put everything they have. But rather much better for them to increase up their knowledge and make sure that they are always updated with current news about bitcoin since this is really helpful for their investment on bitcoin.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 02:30:25 PM

[edited out]

You are wrong, if you ask legendary members or anyone who has been into Bitcoin for years they will tell you they have at one point in time changed the strategy they were using to another one, as someone involved in a long term Bitcoin investment and you changed your strategy of accumulation and still maintain holding for a long term, how those it make you a trader.
So you are saying since I'm using DCA in my Accumulation and as time goes on i see a better strategy i shouldn't go over to that strategy please let's all be realistic.
There are people who were using different strategy in there accumulation but when they joined this forum they saw a better strategy suggestion that will suit them even more and they started using it and there are also people who has been in this forum for long and at a time the saw an idea of a better strategy and they took it because it will be more comfortable for them and yield more Bitcoin for them.
Changing of Bitcoin accumulation strategy to a more suitable and comfortable strategy one that will yield you more Bitcoin is not a bad idea or move.

Even though we are mostly talking about investing in this thread rather than trading, the two of you don't seem to be saying anything much different when it comes to adapting along the way in terms of various investment practices, so in regards to BTC accumulation there would be strategies regarding DCA, lump sum and/or buying the dip that might be considered.  Of course, there are cashflow management practices regarding understanding the investment from discretionary income and having an awareness and practice of back up funds too.

In essence, the longer that we might be investing into bitcoin, the more that we should be able to hone our bitcoin accumulation strategy and then perhaps later our bitcoin maintenance strategy to our own particular circumstances as our circumstances inevitably should be changing along the way.  I would think that many times our changes in our practices would only be to tweak here and there along the way, yet sometimes we might have to make larger kinds of changes to whatever we are doing. 

We could look at any of our 9 particular individual circumstances and recognize that they are always changing, but maybe our BTC accumulation strategy does not change every time that we have some kind of a small change in the 9 factors unless we might consider some kind of tweak might need to occur or maybe a more major revision needs to be employed if several of the factors might change at any given time.

mumang siat

Activity: 490
Merit: 56

Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 05:06:32 PM

Isn't buying on dips the right choice to follow up our accumulation along with routine accumulation every week. You must be able to organize all forms of plans if you are really focused on taking advantage of opportunities when prices fall

Yes, buying and holding will make you comfortable in any situation because your steps are for the long term so holding is an option that must be required.

Investors use the DCA technique in a declining market situation and this is a very common technique used by every investor, they certainly save in a declining situation and continue to buy and choose to survive and wait for the right time and their strong predictions of the success they will get later.

████████ ████████   B U Z Z   ████████ ████████
Buzzing with Fortune, Sweetening Your Day in Web3
Whitepaper  |  Bot  |  Mini-App  |  X  |  News  |  Channel
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 »
  Print  

Jump to: