Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2019, 08:01:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: theymosisms - A collection of posts for reference  (Read 856 times)
btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 378
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 04:41:05 AM

Newest one from theymos on suggestion to add new board/ child board for Blockchain Developments. In fact, theymos rejected to create such an unnecessary board/ child board. I am not sure about your strategy to manage the thread, but in my opinion, you should create a new category, suggested namely like 'Denied Community Suggestions'. With issues relate to things in all listed categories in the OP, you just add newest statements of theymos there, but for strange suggestions that beyond all current categories, adding them into the new one might be appropriately.
Agreed. I've heard very few worthwhile use-cases for "blockchain tech". When companies say "blockchain", they usually mean "broadcast everything to everyone and expect them to store it", which doesn't scale and isn't a new concept anyway. The real application of blockchains - decentralized timestamping - can be very useful, but it's not a holy grail.

It reminds me of this (replace "cloud" with "blockchain"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ntPxdWAWq8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcsmlcmnr

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 04:39:17 PM

There is a newest post of theymos on Trust system, that should be added in the Trust section of the topic, there. In this post, theymos clearly states his opinion that if someone leave wrong negative trust on others, that user should be readily to wait for negative trusts from others as back-and-forth negative trust. Hence, negative trust should be used appropriately at the first time to avoid such uncomfortable situation and other drama on Trust system.
I was always intending to choose a random subset of 100 once more than 100 became eligible. This creates more people who have a credible threat of retaliation: if you give someone negative trust for some stupid reason, you have reason to worry about them or a close friend of theirs negative-trusting you for a similarly stupid reason, if not in this month, then in a future month. I think that it pushes people (without forcing people) toward acting in-line with consensus, so that any retaliation against your sent negative trust always gets the sender excluded definitively.

IMO it'd be nice if in the future it's a subset of 100 among a pool of 250+.

Steamtyme

Activity: 672
Merit: 1054

Check out my .1 BTC Raffle - In Games and Rounds

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 03:17:58 AM

Newest one from theymos on suggestion to add new board/ child board for Blockchain Developments. In fact, theymos rejected to create such an unnecessary board/ child board. I am not sure about your strategy to manage the thread, but in my opinion, you should create a new category, suggested namely like 'Denied Community Suggestions'.
That's not a bad idea. Most of it is covered in this post here it was a sweeping response to a lot of proposals. Re: Community generated suggestions to improve the forum (+ eventual voting on them)
One of the issues is that theymos doesn't directly state yay or nay to a lot of suggestions so they do sort of float in the wind. I may take a closer look one weekend and see if there are a significant mount of those denials but I don't recall to many.

Thanks for the last one. I had been reading it a bit on my phone. I was surprised to see the tit for tat approach being a tool towards curbing behavior. I'll gt it put in there. Overtime there will probably be a need for some other categories or add- ins. I'll likely just create a post and link it to OP when it happens.

ChemicalSpillage

Activity: 14
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 09:22:41 PM
Merited by Lauda (12)

"BSV is a scammy project created by two conmen"
btcsmlcmnr

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 11:14:56 PM

"BSV is a scammy project created by two conmen"
This is a topic for theymosisms, and likely does not relate to BSV. I don't think we should discuss about BSV here. Did you really publish your post in wrong topic, that would have been published in BSV's ANN topic.
For Steamtyme, yesterday, theymos made announcements on Trust Flags, that is totally new system in the forum, with lots of clarification posts. I suggest Steamtyme to create new section for this in the topic.
Say Bye to Trust Drama, Welcome Flags

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1591

My hat is in storage. https://ibb.co/YLkPgXb

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 12:05:01 AM

This is a topic for theymosisms, and likely does not relate to BSV. I don't think we should discuss about BSV here. Did you really publish your post in wrong topic, that would have been published in BSV's ANN topic.
For Steamtyme, yesterday, theymos made announcements on Trust Flags, that is totally new system in the forum, with lots of clarification posts. I suggest Steamtyme to create new section for this in the topic.
Say Bye to Trust Drama, Welcome Flags

I think theymos may have said something to that effect in some PMs he sent to a few members. However, this is what he stated on the open forum.

~snip~
I hate having to "defend" BSV and BCH, which were created with deception in mind, are technologically bankrupt, and are run by huge assholes, but you can't say that their supporters broke a contract with you when they didn't. Give them a newbie-warning flag if you want, but not a contract-violation flag unless they actually broke a contract with you. (Note that you might have a case for breach of implied contract if you were actually tricked into buying one of these coins instead of BTC.)

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Steamtyme

Activity: 672
Merit: 1054

Check out my .1 BTC Raffle - In Games and Rounds

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 12:13:26 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2019, 03:08:41 AM by Steamtyme

Sorry I'm on mobile and will update better later.

Yes I'm pretty sure that is -some long time member- with an alt of the day for whatever reason. I only grab quotes from obscurity to the and fill in the gaps of knowledge for the forum.

Theymos has an entire thread i came across once discussing altcoins but it doesn't reflect a forum system or policy so not really something that mattered for this thread as far as i was concerned.

I will spend time this weekend to go through the topic to find relevant snipits left by theymos once more become available for clarity.

Edit: by obscurity I mean publicly posted within the forum pages accessible by most users..

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 2206

Be a bank.

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 02:01:13 PM

Well, that's a change Cheesy I'll need some time to process this, maybe probably it's for the better, but it looks like theymos now officially got himself a part-time job as a quasi-lawyer?

I am one of the world's foremost experts on quasi-law, after all. Surely you've read my widely-cited article in the Journal of Laws or Whatever titled, "A new approach to the rigorous design of legal systems: just worry about it later."

In the heat of battle, here is theymos being droll. Maybe offtopic for this thread. Is there a thread for the more humorous side? I'll delete if you need.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.