Bitcoin Forum
September 14, 2024, 10:35:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit my job to do full-time crypto-trading. Made 12 BTC profit last month  (Read 10811 times)
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 01:12:23 PM

choice is yours. follow your heart as long as you are getting enough money. i lost my job and finding another one is difficult. learning the crypto trading has been a major thing for me but i am finding it difficult. i wish that i have some one to train me. i know i will be good at it.

You can start from the basic even though you are still very noob to the system. Search through Yutub to find out good videos that can teach you the basics of trading. Even here on the forum you can look up to your search engine textbox and you will see good stuff for trade and investment threads and replies that will help.

I cannot quit my job for crypto full time becasue, of it nature of unbalance, in terms of the market.

dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 01:27:26 PM

As what I see you are a pro trader your technical analysis is good by the way congratulation for making a good profit for only 1month approximate 12btc you made a right choice for quiting your job and go for full time trader but not all people can do what you done.
Do you use indicator? And what timeframe do you follow to monitor the flow of altcoin?

Mark_R (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 34

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 02:27:20 PM

As what I see you are a pro trader your technical analysis is good by the way congratulation for making a good profit for only 1month approximate 12btc you made a right choice for quiting your job and go for full time trader but not all people can do what you done.
Do you use indicator? And what timeframe do you follow to monitor the flow of altcoin?

Hello! It comes with daily practice and years of experience.
Generally, I use 5m and 15m timeframes, but always look through other timeframes to have a better understanding of the market state.

I am not a fan of dozens of indicators. MA is one of the most common and reliable (or a couple of MAs to make a cross)
Volume is also what I pay attention to. I apply other indicators, but not is a constant way. What is important here is have an absolutely clear understanding of what this indicator means and how it is calculated. And definitely not to put all the indicators you know in one chart. It won't save your deposit.

Follow me to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:
https://twitter.com/MarkRobTrades
https://www.tradingview.com/u/Mark_Robinson/
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 04:32:23 PM

You know what you are doing because quitting job is not a good Idea and we do not recommended to do that to every person who wants quit their job for trading. But you are the one who are have good future in trasing because you made 12 bitcoin profit last month.  How much is your capital because I think it is very huge because you earn like that huge amout of bitcoin and even Im older than you in trading Im not earning more than that even like that.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:21:25 PM

choice is yours. follow your heart as long as you are getting enough money. i lost my job and finding another one is difficult. learning the crypto trading has been a major thing for me but i am finding it difficult. i wish that i have some one to train me. i know i will be good at it.

If this job does not make a guy happy, if it does not bring money and satisfaction when trading can do it, the choice is not bad at all. Good professional traders can make much money, although the work 24/7.
Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 12:31:09 AM

Long-awaited BTC moves

Follow me to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 01:05:33 AM

If this job does not make a guy happy, if it does not bring money and satisfaction when trading can do it, the choice is not bad at all. Good professional traders can make much money, although the work 24/7.
You'll be happy for sure if you are profitable as a day trader, one has a big reason why he quit his job, probably dissatisfaction of income and he trade as he aim a higher income and if one can achieve that, that means happiness. However, it's not all money all along, one still have to ensure living outside trading, like quality time with family, we called that proper balance.
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 04:59:44 AM

12 Btc? I wish I can do the same. I'm certain that your experience trading in other platforms makes it easy for you to make this possible. And you are lucky that you still have funds you can use at the time even if there's a long bear market before the rally has began in the past weeks. I wonder how much btc you will make when an all new time high is achieved next year with the next halving event.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 05:34:19 AM

Nice 12 BTC is great.

I'm interested in what you started with before jumping in. Did you hit any big losses when you started (say were you 1 BTC down before things looked up) or were you profitable from pretty much the start?

Did you have a mental 'this is the amount I'll trade and no more' or did you never really get close to losing money?
jerry0

Activity: 1778
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 07:12:11 AM

So you are never selling it for usd or usdt?
Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 09:33:06 PM

Nice 12 BTC is great.

I'm interested in what you started with before jumping in. Did you hit any big losses when you started (say were you 1 BTC down before things looked up) or were you profitable from pretty much the start?

Did you have a mental 'this is the amount I'll trade and no more' or did you never really get close to losing money?

Yeap, I faced that stuff. At my 20s I was trading triple leveraged ETFs (I started from the traditional markets, jumping into crypto being experienced already). Remember I lost everything I had, and I was going to lose even the first car I just bought. I was really devastated and decided to learn from it. By the way, it took me about a year to really get over the loss.

I decided to start fresh and just learn from it. It took me about a year to really get over the loss, but I bounced back and worked my ass off doing double shifts at the restaurant I worked at. Fast forward 11 years and I’m sitting in a paid off house that I never dreamed I would be living in at this age. You can do big things if you work hard and focus on your goals. The lesson I learned at 23 years old had a lot to do with the work ethic I have now that made me very successful financially. Now I am not likely to suffer such losses due to harsh risk and money management

SolarFox

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 09:43:45 AM

Long-awaited BTC moves

Good job mate. will you post some analysis? Like you did before. Btc/eth... whatever
Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 09:50:32 AM

So you are never selling it for usd or usdt?

Sometimes I do. It depends on the market state and my strategy

Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 09:52:08 AM

Long-awaited BTC moves

Good job mate. will you post some analysis? Like you did before. Btc/eth... whatever

Yeah. Monday is the day I often make the month analysis
Here is the one on BTC
Made it illustrative

Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 01:31:18 PM

Hey. I see you are successful in crypto. I’m crying my heart here, probably you could give me any piece of advice. I lost almost EVERYTHING…
How you survive..? I saw your statement. Feel like I won't have such ever. I'm lost and have no idea how to recover my funds...

Hello. I was starting from small steps and silly mistaked. I had no detailed plan for some time and suffered losses. What you see is the result of years. What did happen? Why did you lose  so much?
I suggest you not to trade for a while for sure.

I already stopped.. I lost almost EVERYTHING… All my crypto and fiat funds… I was always believing in crypto and was buying ETH and BTC at the bottoms and the price was increasing. Even when the bear market reduced the value of my portfolio I didn’t give up.

Then the story was quite pleasant, with the market recovery I was actively speculating and increased my deposit from 0.02 BTC to 0.2. I was really euphoric. That was the time of my graduation and I was thinking to cover my tuition fees by my profits in crypto. I has trading for hours. The feeling of happiness came to me so quickly. And in the same mode it gone…

That time I dot known with leverages. Started trading at Bitmex (I see your screens are exactly from there).
So, I was confident in my strategy. I earned some more money and started my margin trading. That was a mistake. I did everything as before, but with one unexpected market movement I lost everything. Then started a revenge trading. And one more mistake followed. Willing to get back my money I used the ones I was saving for years… What I got is margin call and the one more margin call. The last money was lost tonight… What is left for now is zero. Zero deposit and zero desire. Seems like it is the end of my crypto trader career. Overall, I lost 1.6 BTC, which is probably  not a lot for you… But for me it is everything since I have just graduated. I feel really suppressed  writing it and sometimes I feel like I’d better have killed myself… I don’t know what to do.

I feel what you are talking about. Learned the same lesson at about your age and as I can remember the sum of money was similar, but that time I was trading triple leveraged ETFs. Remember I lost everything I had, and I was going to lose even the first car I just bought. I was really devastated and decided to learn from it. By the way, it took me about a year to really get over the loss.

I decided to start fresh and just learn from it. It took me about a year to really get over the loss, but I bounced back and worked my ass off doing double shifts at the restaurant I worked at. Fast forward 11 years and I’m sitting in a paid off house that I never dreamed I would be living in at this age. You can do big things if you work hard and focus on your goals. The lesson I learned at 23 years old had a lot to do with the work ethic I have now that made me very successful financially. $10k is nothing to me nowadays. My crypto portfolio alone lost about $45k in value today and I’m having a beer right now feeling fine if that tells you anything.
My point is that your situation will change drastically in a few years if you choose to fight for it. It can get way better. The deciding factor is you. Now it is better to stop for a while, analyse the reasons an then start strading very carefully, that's my advice

Thank you for the support, it's really important to hear sth like that from a person with a similar experience. So you started to trade after a year?
I can share the screens, that's terrifying....

Not really, it actually took me about a week to start trading again. What I did that week was deep studying of risk and money management. I saved the rest of my deposit with the help of scalping. The positions also were decreased. Are you familiar with the techniques to recover the deposit and what about your risks? Everything can be fixed

Follow me on Twitter to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:

Read here that you helped this guy to stare the successful recovery. Could you please share your advice?
That would be precious, as I see your results and feel that you are very very advanced in trading

Yeah, we analysed the case. The drawdown was harsh, but we structured everything and the recovery already comes

I will write all the steps I’d recommend, including the ones related to psychology.

SO, DRAWDOWN

Thus, if you have a losing position,

1) Accept that you are losing. It is an integral part of trading. The earlier you accept it, the more money you will save

2) Analyse. This is what our trading journals for. I often make screens of the trades to look through them and understand what the reasons of the failure are

3) Cut your losses. Part by part reduce the position which causes your drawdown. Make it insignificant for you

4) Having got rid of the losing position, you need the recovery:
4.1) Minimize the position size. It would not be so stressful (if you feel you are in tilt, stop trading for some days)
4.2) Understand what your best strategies/tools/trades/markets are
4.3) Use them only. Be it one trade a day or a couple of days. But it should be confident and perfect

5) Try strategies:
5.1) Scalping
5.2) Strong trend would be your true friend that time
5.3) My fav pyramid trading (increase the position step by step) and reversal (take profits by several steps)
5.4) Manage stop losses (you can use breakeven strategy), but not rush into it, cutting profits. This point should be applied in a very careful way.

Actually, these rules and strategies are applicable in any case. An effective way to cut losses and make more profits with less risks.

Follow me on Twitter to keep up with the latest trades, get price analysis and other trading hints:

Thank you for sharing!
Could you please clarify what you analyse by the trading jornal?

Also, to make it absolutely broken down, the reasons why this happens

Major reasons:
1) MM&RM violence (absence?)
2) Psychology (revenge trades, greed, tilt)
3) Wrong position sizing / leverage

P.S. 95% of traders lose because of that (!)

Thx mate!
What's that pyramid you say which you are so keen on?

This is one of the effective ways to maximise profits and cut your losses. In brief, the position is enlarged step by step, opening more and more positions if the price goes your way. Thus, in case of success you have more profits, and in case of failure you lose what you risk in a current position.

Here is the illustration I find one of the best to explain pyramid trading illustratively.

SolarFox

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:56:07 PM

Hey. I see you are successful in crypto. I’m crying my heart here, probably you could give me any piece of advice. I lost almost EVERYTHING…
How you survive..? I saw your statement. Feel like I won't have such ever. I'm lost and have no idea how to recover my funds...

Hello. I was starting from small steps and silly mistaked. I had no detailed plan for some time and suffered losses. What you see is the result of years. What did happen? Why did you lose  so much?
I suggest you not to trade for a while for sure.

I already stopped.. I lost almost EVERYTHING… All my crypto and fiat funds… I was always believing in crypto and was buying ETH and BTC at the bottoms and the price was increasing. Even when the bear market reduced the value of my portfolio I didn’t give up.

Then the story was quite pleasant, with the market recovery I was actively speculating and increased my deposit from 0.02 BTC to 0.2. I was really euphoric. That was the time of my graduation and I was thinking to cover my tuition fees by my profits in crypto. I has trading for hours. The feeling of happiness came to me so quickly. And in the same mode it gone…

That time I dot known with leverages. Started trading at Bitmex (I see your screens are exactly from there).
So, I was confident in my strategy. I earned some more money and started my margin trading. That was a mistake. I did everything as before, but with one unexpected market movement I lost everything. Then started a revenge trading. And one more mistake followed. Willing to get back my money I used the ones I was saving for years… What I got is margin call and the one more margin call. The last money was lost tonight… What is left for now is zero. Zero deposit and zero desire. Seems like it is the end of my crypto trader career. Overall, I lost 1.6 BTC, which is probably  not a lot for you… But for me it is everything since I have just graduated. I feel really suppressed  writing it and sometimes I feel like I’d better have killed myself… I don’t know what to do.

I feel what you are talking about. Learned the same lesson at about your age and as I can remember the sum of money was similar, but that time I was trading triple leveraged ETFs. Remember I lost everything I had, and I was going to lose even the first car I just bought. I was really devastated and decided to learn from it. By the way, it took me about a year to really get over the loss.

I decided to start fresh and just learn from it. It took me about a year to really get over the loss, but I bounced back and worked my ass off doing double shifts at the restaurant I worked at. Fast forward 11 years and I’m sitting in a paid off house that I never dreamed I would be living in at this age. You can do big things if you work hard and focus on your goals. The lesson I learned at 23 years old had a lot to do with the work ethic I have now that made me very successful financially. $10k is nothing to me nowadays. My crypto portfolio alone lost about $45k in value today and I’m having a beer right now feeling fine if that tells you anything.
My point is that your situation will change drastically in a few years if you choose to fight for it. It can get way better. The deciding factor is you. Now it is better to stop for a while, analyse the reasons an then start strading very carefully, that's my advice

Thank you for the support, it's really important to hear sth like that from a person with a similar experience. So you started to trade after a year?
I can share the screens, that's terrifying....

Not really, it actually took me about a week to start trading again. What I did that week was deep studying of risk and money management. I saved the rest of my deposit with the help of scalping. The positions also were decreased. Are you familiar with the techniques to recover the deposit and what about your risks? Everything can be fixed

Read here that you helped this guy to stare the successful recovery. Could you please share your advice?
That would be precious, as I see your results and feel that you are very very advanced in trading

Yeah, we analysed the case. The drawdown was harsh, but we structured everything and the recovery already comes

I will write all the steps I’d recommend, including the ones related to psychology.

SO, DRAWDOWN

Thus, if you have a losing position,

1) Accept that you are losing. It is an integral part of trading. The earlier you accept it, the more money you will save

2) Analyse. This is what our trading journals for. I often make screens of the trades to look through them and understand what the reasons of the failure are

3) Cut your losses. Part by part reduce the position which causes your drawdown. Make it insignificant for you

4) Having got rid of the losing position, you need the recovery:
4.1) Minimize the position size. It would not be so stressful (if you feel you are in tilt, stop trading for some days)
4.2) Understand what your best strategies/tools/trades/markets are
4.3) Use them only. Be it one trade a day or a couple of days. But it should be confident and perfect

5) Try strategies:
5.1) Scalping
5.2) Strong trend would be your true friend that time
5.3) My fav pyramid trading (increase the position step by step) and reversal (take profits by several steps)
5.4) Manage stop losses (you can use breakeven strategy), but not rush into it, cutting profits. This point should be applied in a very careful way.

Actually, these rules and strategies are applicable in any case. An effective way to cut losses and make more profits with less risks.

Thank you for sharing!
Could you please clarify what you analyse by the trading jornal?

Also, to make it absolutely broken down, the reasons why this happens

Major reasons:
1) MM&RM violence (absence?)
2) Psychology (revenge trades, greed, tilt)
3) Wrong position sizing / leverage

P.S. 95% of traders lose because of that (!)

Thx mate!
What's that pyramid you say which you are so keen on?

This is one of the effective ways to maximise profits and cut your losses. In brief, the position is enlarged step by step, opening more and more positions if the price goes your way. Thus, in case of success you have more profits, and in case of failure you lose what you risk in a current position.

Here is the illustration I find one of the best to explain pyramid trading illustratively.

Looks really cool. But what's the one called reversal? Is it about selling gradually?  
SolarFox

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:56:36 PM

By the way, thank you a lot! The info is really useful
Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 07:49:03 AM

By the way, thank you a lot! The info is really useful

Welcome mate

Mark_R (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 09:23:27 AM

BTC gives plenty of opportunities again. Welcome easy short

SolarFox

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 07:27:25 PM

BTC gives plenty of opportunities again. Welcome easy short

What patterns or signals do you use?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: