Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be too quick to judge ICOs  (Read 19813 times)
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:14:04 AM

The funny part is some judge ICOs based on there ANN/website or bounty thread graphics ,some projects won't have the best graphical/design looks ,that doesn't mean its scam

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:25:31 AM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.
I am solidly in support of your point mate, it is not all ICO we have that are completely scam, I do tell people sometimes that it is their laziness that makes them not to see the good ones, I agree that we have lots of scam project, how come it is the scam ones we keep digging out, what about the good ones?

Everyone just wants to pick a project randomly and participate in without going through the stress of researching on the projects before embarking on it. Despite the fact that people are still talking of ICO scams, I still do my own diligent research without having to wait for IEO to do it for me and I do get very strong projects that I invest in.
Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:46:56 AM

I think your question is not proper. Nobody calls or has called a project a scam by its performance. And it never happens. Scam means a dishonest scheme. It means when a project cheats investors, traders or bounty hunters under various pretexts, then the project is called a scam project. So we always should discourage scammers.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
cryyppton1

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 08:02:01 AM

Although most scam  ICOs dealt with people  especially around late 2017 , there are still a few good ones , just do you diligent research and fine out before concluding.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 09:08:14 AM

I tend to disagree to a certian extent, most ICOs are scams infact majority of them.
It is only in ICO you will see a project achieving Hardcap and still refuse to list, with the excuse they are working on their project which then runs into months.
Some will achieve Hardcap and still list on terrible exchange, then abandon the project altogether.
Most will just exit scam, infact there are many ill activities in ICOs, only a little percent of ICOs really offered what they promised at least to a certain extent.

But in IEOs investors now have the power to chose which project to support or not without bothering about when they project will list etc.
Why would they list when they know that what majority of you guys are after is to come on the exchange and dump the coin, then render the project useless and start calling it a shitcoin. I have so many projects that have not listed but I am seeing their development in real life, why do we base the development of the project on the value.

They didn’t say they won’t list, they just requesting for time to fully develop the project. Don’t forget that this ICo projects we are talking about are no establish a company and to start selling the products that will generate the profit and volume for the coin.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 09:38:24 AM

You can't blame the investors to see most of the ICO'S as a scam because you know how many ICO'S became scam in the past years.

Instead of investing in ICO, I think its better if we will just invest on IEO'S. Its more trustworthy especially if it is being launched by a reputable exchange like Binance.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 09:41:22 AM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.

Perhaps people perspective about ICOs are scam is because too many scam in 2018. I am not agree but i think i am understand with investor feeling because they are scammed. But many new project are legit and have prospect because have good partnertship with exchangers or big company
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:07:53 AM

I can not give an opinion about the accuracy of these statistics. But we can not say that all ICOs are scam. Personally, I saw several projects lately that have reached hardcap and was getting close to it.
The fact that they reach their hard cap doesn’t mean they are free of scamming, these scam issue is divided into 2 segments, first segment is of those people that runs away with the fund during ICO and stop responding when they hit their main target, while the second part is of those that would reach their hard cap, and even register on exchange and then get to dump the remaining of the token in the market first.

Thereby crashing the value of the token to the extent it will discourage people and eventually they will forget about it by seeing it as a failed project, instead of seeing it as scam project. Me I usually advise investors to wait after presale and also some months in post-sales to monitor the project first before investing.
fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:37:16 AM

Many confuse fraudsters who initially did not plan to create a project, but only created a screen that should attract the attention of gullible investors, with projects that create a real product, but they did not succeed for some reason. These are two different cases and the first is a scam and the second is just a failed business that closed due to lack of funds or insufficient team experience.
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:46:12 AM

The fact that majority of the ICO's end up so badly is the reason for the assertion. So far it has been difficult to find an ICO that successfully sold, launched, started trading and price remains higher than ICO price. So in a situation where there is a very high failure rate than success one tends to stay safe by stepping aside. The reverse may change however if we notice a reverse but now IEO's and STOs tend to catch the attention

Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:52:58 AM

I over judge some ICOs last year 2018 like shivom and I refused to promote the project all my friends who joined makes huge profit and I regret ,now I take ICO projects more serious and do better research on them before choosing

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
ahmed04

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:34:34 PM

Many developers do not want to develop their project. Therefore, a lot of people can not return their investments. I didn't mention how many bounty hunters were deceived by various ICO projects. The steaks were just frozen.

anggracoin

Activity: 490

freelanex.io

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:47:25 PM

The fact that majority of the ICO's end up so badly is the reason for the assertion. So far it has been difficult to find an ICO that successfully sold, launched, started trading and price remains higher than ICO price. So in a situation where there is a very high failure rate than success one tends to stay safe by stepping aside. The reverse may change however if we notice a reverse but now IEO's and STOs tend to catch the attention
The IEO has become popular for now but there is no 100% guarantee for success. Therefore, both ICO or IEO both have opportunities to develop and bring benefits if they invest in them. Although it is difficult to determine a good project from many scam projects, it is hard work that must be done if you want to profit.

00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:48:29 PM

You can't blame the investors to see most of the ICO'S as a scam because you know how many ICO'S became scam in the past years.

Instead of investing in ICO, I think its better if we will just invest on IEO'S. Its more trustworthy especially if it is being launched by a reputable exchange like Binance.
I agree that the IEO may be the next generation that new altcoin has to go into. However, efficiency and success have to wait. It is too early to say anything, especially when IEO projects can also evaporate after a few months like previous ICO projects. Everything needs to be adjusted over time or an open space from the market.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 07:18:43 AM

Indeed, the failure of the ICO project is not a reason to accuse it of fraud because there are many factors that must be taken into account. If we speak of unsuccessful projects in 2018, most of them failed, and after the market falls, now the market is rising and most likely we will see again.
One great question I usually ask people who knows much about ICO is this, what makes their value fall beyond repair when people dump the coin, does dumping of coin affect the real life working product that they have? Yes I agree with you that the market was bad in 2018 because of bitcoin dumping that made the market go on bear market, and coupled with the fact we have many scammed project that discouraged investors, but one thing I believe is if a project is good and has a very solid product, people will always go back to it depending on the activeness of the team.

It is not that there will still not many projects that were functioning well during the bear, how did they get it right and what the ones that became shitcoin get wrong?
PDAngel

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 07:49:33 AM

Yes this is true i understand your point, As i am always saying here people are very judgmental although i can't blame those people talking bad about ICO because of the scammers but i hope people should think that not all ICO is a scam it just like there are a lot of reasons why things is happening.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 09:47:42 AM

Projects are scam, not ICOs. ICO is not something that could make it scam, it is just a tool for selling. Also, IEOs are more advanced than ICO but will some scam IEOs in the future mean that IEO is completely scam?
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 10:22:45 AM

Projects are scam, not ICOs. ICO is not something that could make it scam, it is just a tool for selling. Also, IEOs are more advanced than ICO but will some scam IEOs in the future mean that IEO is completely scam?

I am agree, we should not blame how ICOs work. Its true ICOs need regulation to prevent more scam but i think ICOs is good way to raise money for building the project. IEOs become trending right now and could be alternative if many investor afraid to invest in ICOs
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 12:05:29 PM

I am agree, we should not blame how ICOs work. Its true ICOs need regulation to prevent more scam but i think ICOs is good way to raise money for building the project. IEOs become trending right now and could be alternative if many investor afraid to invest in ICOs
investors are not afraid to invest, just now such a trend. people like to be more confident that their coin will have a trading volume

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 12:26:29 PM

But every investors needs to say that what they are investing and which will be the best for their investment and right now we are in confused state to choose the right investment so maybe your thoughts are also correct in this situation don't judge anything very quickly it will be a bad decision in this time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: