Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:37:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be too quick to judge ICOs  (Read 19813 times)
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 07:53:47 AM

Noted ,and that doesn't mean there are no scam ICOs either ,in fact there are many projects that are here to SCAM only ,I know all projects are experimental ,they can fail or succeed its still all about getting lucky
As a result of the many lists from ICO that are indeed problematic, many people certainly do not look different from the new ico. because they also do not offer a change in concept that can provide new appeal

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 07:59:45 AM

People said that because they already lost what we have because of the ICO. But out of thousands of ICO who started last year ago and now do you think how many of this are legit?  Of course only few and mostly is scam. Most of us are jidgemental person and even. People trust in ICO was already not good because of the scammer who use ICO for their own interest only. Scammer is the root of all of that.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 08:04:14 AM

When at the time of 2017 the bull was running then many ICOs are pooled money for their project and most of them are very legit but few are fake. But today the fake ICOs are coming more and even they are not paying for their bounty hunter. So, it is going to be a tendency of every investor to judge the ICO as fake at very quick.
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 08:12:50 AM

Noted ,and that doesn't mean there are no scam ICOs either ,in fact there are many projects that are here to SCAM only ,I know all projects are experimental ,they can fail or succeed its still all about getting lucky
As a result of the many lists from ICO that are indeed problematic, many people certainly do not look different from the new ico. because they also do not offer a change in concept that can provide new appeal
and now only less ICO occur in market.most of new projects prefer to held IEO in exchanges so it will attract big investors that trust to their projects.IEO offer different concept in crypto investment.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 08:13:43 AM

you are right. not all ICOs lead to scams, or anything like that. too quick to draw conclusions can also make our minds become chaotic. besides, finding information is important. in fact, I am used to seeing people who say ICO scam in the middle of the road with false information. therefore we must be careful in this matter.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 08:59:03 AM

Well, this is definitely true though but per my experience, more than 90% of ICOs are scam. Some of these ICOs are packaged in such a way that it will be extremely hard to identify it is a scam until it turns out a scam. You may meet some legit ones but before you meet one, you might have been scammed like 4 times so why risk it

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
dipeco
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:06:19 AM

People are very likely to judge ICOs from their first look. If our community sees something strange or even if anything is getting prolonged, people are saying that the project is a scam. Invest some more time in researching projects.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:06:55 AM

and now only less ICO occur in market.most of new projects prefer to held IEO in exchanges so it will attract big investors that trust to their projects.IEO offer different concept in crypto investment.
Less ico occur in the market ? Lol  No thats not true  . there are still infact lots of ico in the crypto market even if its known that lots of them are not going to be really succesful at  the end  but yes your right that ieo's are the ones that are now in the headlines because people thinks that ieo are more safe  . i think ieo is still the same as ico because the value of your asset can still go down , this is why i agree on what the op have said that we must not judge the ico too quickly .
rizkyrz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:09:38 AM

it's true that not all ICOs are scams, don't be easy to judge an ICO and also too easy to believe. Do a review, research and various things to find out more about whatever ICO is. Sure, there must be ICO which is also good.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:16:32 AM

I agree with you, because there are also many good ICOs that provide profits for investors, so it's better to first study the ico before judging it
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:30:31 AM

Most ICOs are labelled scams because either they fail to deliver a product that was initially marketed, or the price tanks and doesn't come back up again. This means they failed rather than scammed investors

rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:32:19 AM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.
No, I do not think so. There are many projects that have achieved softcap and they still don't want to pay tokens to investors. Buddy is an example. They listed on exchange and started operations, but they still insisted on not paying tokens to investors.
ICO is really not a good area for investors to put money into.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
DmitFomin

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

BTC $1 mln.

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:49:02 AM

Most people who invested at the ICO stage saw that their tokens became much cheaper after entering the exchange, so they consider the project to be a scam. But I think that this is due to the disappointment that during the ICO, investors are promised more than the team can actually do. By the way, the cryptocurrency market has begun to recover and there is a chance to see the revival of those projects that conducted ICO in 2018, but their coins are now very cheap.

BTC $1 mln
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:24:53 AM

I am still of the opinion that finding a very good ICO investment at this time is like looking for a pin in a haystack, it may not necessarily be that the developers intend to scam but they are befallen with the same investors mindset that ICO's hardly succeed, so it would be difficult raising their softcap much more the hardcap, so they are handicapped and do not have enough fund to continue the project, a lot of things like listing in exchanges, paying advisors and other promotions are all capital intensive and goes a long way to strain the project. It it were when hardcap is not difficult to raise a lot would have worked smoothly

EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:56:36 AM

Many ICOs are not fraudulent projects because they offer interesting and creative solutions in the field of blockchain technology and other digital solutions. It was just that some ICOs were conducted only for the purpose of fundraising, without further development, these cases and spoiled the reputation of ICO. When an investor wants to participate in an ICO, he must carefully study this project, then the understanding of the process improves and the opportunity for profit increases.

rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:18:29 PM

I tend to disagree to a certian extent, most ICOs are scams infact majority of them.
It is only in ICO you will see a project achieving Hardcap and still refuse to list, with the excuse they are working on their project which then runs into months.
Some will achieve Hardcap and still list on terrible exchange, then abandon the project altogether.
Most will just exit scam, infact there are many ill activities in ICOs, only a little percent of ICOs really offered what they promised at least to a certain extent.

But in IEOs investors now have the power to chose which project to support or not without bothering about when they project will list etc.

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:24:42 PM

I am not too quck in judgement, but you know, there aren't other options when your asset drops to 0 price. I think that we need to judge ICOs with real product
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:26:51 PM

I completely agree that not all ICO`s are scams, but unfortunately a lot of companies conduct ICOs and then simply disappear and it is impossible to find them at all, so now we need more better to study each project that holds ICO in which we want to invest.
labenea

Activity: 327

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:39:43 PM

yes indeed not all ico are fraudulent but almost all end up in fraud, I often experience this or maybe I am not careful before joining them at that time. but currently I personally prefer the IEO rather than the ICO, the risk of fraud against the IEO is smaller than the ICO.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
dvdrewritable

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 12:49:28 PM

You said correct but now a days maximum ICOs do scam that's why people have nagative aspect of ICOs. Sometimes they missed real ICOs just for their negative thinking. Any way i also say that we have to change our mind and for select any ICOs must do research their project plan and team then participate.

▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     I  D  Ξ  A  O  L  O  G  Y     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
SUPPORT BRIGHT IDEAS THROUGH CROWDFUNDING
Follow us on:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Youtube
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: