Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:49:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be too quick to judge ICOs  (Read 19813 times)
Delilonia1

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 12:25:06 PM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.

I also don't agree with the statistics.  How will 99% of ICOs be scam? It is not possible. Ultmostly impossible. I think people should learn not to generalize the pitfalls they have experienced in their investment as what happens everywhere. Not all ICOs are scam!

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 12:46:10 PM

I am working with developers day by day in a couple of projects. Even we are using agile approach the development takes years to write a solid piece of software. We have a lot of meeting, many testing stages and so on. When I see no publicly announced updates of a particular ico project I know that the team could work very hard on something.

Coltpython

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 12:49:07 PM

When we say 99%, we do not literally mean all. We mean that a larger number of icos have failed. Most don't even have a website up anymore. Especially the ones that were really hyped up and tipped to do well. Their devs and team members must be somewhere on an island drinking coconut milk and eating sushi while we are waiting for the project developments 😂😂

adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 01:54:23 PM

The famous assessment about most ICOs is that they are trick ventures on the grounds that too many trick in the years past. I am not concur but rather I think I am comprehend with speculator feeling since they have been deceived before.
Be that as it may, numerous new venture are genuine and have prospect in light of the fact that have great partnertship with exchanges or huge organization

Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 02:00:02 PM

even now I stop investing in ICO or IEO, I avoid investing in new projects. now I prefer trading, this is very fun because some assets can be directly predicted by my profit and loss.
but in ICO, even if we are lucky to be able to get more profit from new projects, but so far this year there are not many successful projects and provide benefits on ICO investment.
Driggers95

Activity: 279

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 02:57:29 PM

Let's see. It is difficult to judge ICOs now because the altcoins market is in decline. The growth of altcoins will start then and see which of the ICO projects is still alive. Can anyone tell me which ICO was successful and is now developing?
Before I answer your question, you should look at the story that people are talking, almost everyone is just talking about the IEO, raising the value of the IEO then submerged ICO into the depths, so, if you want me to review ICO right now, I can only say it's outdated. Although some projects still have ICO plans but it's not really interesting or appealing to new and old investors, people only focus on the IEO, maybe we should accept this fact, follow the IEO trend and forget the ICO, ICO is now just a name like many people say, no longer valid

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Redemption59

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:55:43 PM

Most ico's do fail and end as scam projects, no doubt about that fact but the fact that most ico's fail does not mean all ico's are scam projects. Some are real projects that needs only some few funds to excel in this crooked crypto market in other to see their vision and mission in reality. some are just stagnant because they lack these funds and people should do away with judging ico;s quickly, not all ico's are scam projects.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
spydee1522

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 11:42:27 PM

Judging ICOs too quickly is a bad habit in this crypto industry. Most people are found of such which is very bad. Most ICOs are just dormant at where they are now, they lack the funds and resources to move on to their destination. So instead of judging these ICO projects, its far better to analysis facts and support them in anyway you can rather judging them.

spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 11:33:16 PM

Why be quick to judge these ico projects. what is the clear evidence you have in judging the ico projects you come across? Most of these ICO projects are still where they are due to lack of funds to maintain or continue the project. some also lack the technical go ahead to move on and the fact that they remain as they are does not mean they are scam projects. With funds, some will really go a long way to help the crypto world so don;t be quick to judge them.

ajja

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 05:40:05 PM

because there are so many ICO scams that is why many say almost all ICO is fraud. but i don't feel that way. there are still good people who manage ICOs and whether or not this is a common thing happens.
At that time, the emergence of IEO was very good for returning investors to believe. I think it's the same, it all depends on the concept and the project team.
and what you say is very true, I totally agree with you.
genset88

Activity: 349

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 06:04:39 PM

At the end of 2018 ICO made many investors disappointed with an unusual scam. This makes ICO die even though honest ICO projects are operating. Since then, no one wants to lose money and waste time hearing more than 60% of investors are scammed.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Redemption59

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 08:29:59 PM

The crypto industry is full of surprises and what you judge today might surprise you in a different way. Most of these ico projects out there are scam projects with no wonder idea but the legit ones in there lack the resources to move pass these scam projects and because we see them all together at the same level does not make them same to be judged as scam projects. With few funds, thee few one's will rise significantly. Without researched evidence, don't be quick judging any ico project.

aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 09:39:20 PM

Although not all ICOs are scams but majority are scams and which was the actual reason for IEO. Let's be practical, how many investors nowadays will be willing to participate in any ICOs? The answer is only few will, not after what they have passed through and you won't blame them also. In my own way, I will find it hard participating in any ICO and that's the truth.
We really need to take care of these scam issues so that this space can grow as required.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 05:52:46 PM

Although not all ICOs are scams but majority are scams and which was the actual reason for IEO. Let's be practical, how many investors nowadays will be willing to participate in any ICOs? The answer is only few will, not after what they have passed through and you won't blame them also. In my own way, I will find it hard participating in any ICO and that's the truth.
We really need to take care of these scam issues so that this space can grow as required.

Yeah, people already lost their trust in ico's long ago, nobody is willing to put their money in a risky project where nothing is guaranteed,  at least with the ieo their is that assurance that the said project won't run away with your money and live investors  dry, ico's  already ruined their reputation, it will be hard before people will trust them again especially if things still remains the same.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 06:26:56 PM

I think Chinese were the biggest contributor in this regard and having ICO banned in China hurt it big time. I am not saying it was almost all Chinese but there was a lot of money coming from there funding these new coins and China saw it as Chinese people giving money to other nations and banned it whereas if it worked they would have gave money to other nations but than take out more money if they profited which would helped the economy.

Of course, we could never see if they would profit or not so China decided to just outright ban it in order to not take any risks and keep the money in the economy. Without getting that ban lifted from China I am not sure if we will be capable of going back to the days of the past where ICO was a big deal. Not in any time soon at least.
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 08:19:06 PM

It is of popular opinion that majority of ICOs are scam but theres no statistics to back it up. I will rather want research platforms like Cointelegraph to do an extensive research on the success rate of IEOs in 2019 to evaluate how effective the system has been since inception. Personally, I believe the cryptocurrency fund raising system has improved but then to be sanitised further by instilling control measures to checkmate exchange excesses too

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 08:24:31 PM

Places where it seems that everyone can get "easy" money, in any case, attract both scammers and naive people who hope to get rich overnight. Participation in ICOs is just such a case for both parties. Be careful with this.
kbhutto

Activity: 1274
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 08:42:11 PM

some of the sources of the article that I read is indeed explaining about investing in ico takes time in the sense that we have to understand the company ico how the road map and the main thing is their performance,in 2018 investors were lured by several crypto sites that gave ico company ratings so that many investors were disappointed because some ico ended up being fraudulent.now in 2019 investors will not need time to investigate because the presence of IEO is safer and more profitable when investing as in the IEO lauchpad in Binance.
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 08:52:15 PM

Not all ICO were scam, but now if the team wants to secure the success of the project and serious to investors.
They will not use any ICO on their sales stages, they will pick IEO and choose one of the best exchange to manage that sales.

salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 08:59:39 PM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.
The thing is that not all teams are conscientious.Someone collects $ 30 million and does nothing but only advises everyone to wait,and Vice versa a project that collected $ 1 million can work at full capacity.The highlight of all this is that investors should feel when the expectation is truly justified.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: