Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be too quick to judge ICOs  (Read 19813 times)
SaRmY

Activity: 645
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 03:30:22 PM

Believe it or not, but the statistics are not lying. These are general studies that have confirmed more than once about how many scammers live here. Everyone wants to become rich and this is now the easiest way to cheat. Here, even the investment is not necessary. Site - Thieves documents and all you master ICO.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 03:33:06 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2019, 03:15:47 PM by Stanlo

Good projects are not easy to find this days ,either from IEO or ICO ,to find projects that really really mean business is hard ,many claim to have something they would offer crypto world but after they get there hands on the ICO funds they start lagging behind and postponing unnecessary steps
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 04:15:35 PM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.

If majority of cryptocurrency participants regard ICOs as constituents of scam, I would not blame them because most projects in 2018 were riddled with fraud. I will advise project developers looking to raise funds to choose IEO

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 09:19:42 PM

Before ICO can be fully back to life again, other forms of investment would have started failing and the space would have been purged of scammers and spammers.
Gone are the days when we had a serious boom in ICO. Although, the form of investment that still has its footprint in the mind of crypto enthusiasts is ICO.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 01:06:42 PM

Yes this is true i understand your point, As i am always saying here people are very judgmental although i can't blame those people talking bad about ICO because of the scammers but i hope people should think that not all ICO is a scam it just like there are a lot of reasons why things is happening.
 ICO was one of its kind and it had been able to give rise to a fund raising boom back in 2018 but collapsed afterwards as there sprang up fake ICOs as a result of which people lost their trust. It could still be operational but people simply go for IEO as the trends had been set up and more profits could be made in IEO than in ICO. So gone are the days for ICOs.
Yes there are still some kinds of risks in ICO and some huge trust issues. Which is why people have started treating IEOs as an alternative to ICO and this is far better than ICO because it has brought a reduction in the risk for an investor and for an exchange and benefits for all the three parties. So if you have plans to go for tokens, be wise and do not trust any ICO but do the vetted assessment.
canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 01:18:38 PM

I guess it can't be helped, many ICO were turned into scam projects and investors lost their money.
Once we see something wrong in some ICO, we will say that ICO is scam which actually doesn't like that.
My suggestion is, we must take our time to do some research and then we can say it scam or legit.
In this market, the investment in ICO projects is the most risky and most are projects that are not well known. I think at this point investing in ICO is unnecessary and we should only choose the available coins to make a high profit because in the past year many good projects are being forgotten and that is Good opportunity for you to start investing again. In my opinion, ICO and IEO are all forms of calling for capital but the IEO will be much better because IEO projects are often protected by exchanges so it will help investors a lot.
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 01:51:56 PM

I guess it can't be helped, many ICO were turned into scam projects and investors lost their money.
Once we see something wrong in some ICO, we will say that ICO is scam which actually doesn't like that.
My suggestion is, we must take our time to do some research and then we can say it scam or legit.
In this market, the investment in ICO projects is the most risky and most are projects that are not well known. I think at this point investing in ICO is unnecessary and we should only choose the available coins to make a high profit because in the past year many good projects are being forgotten and that is Good opportunity for you to start investing again. In my opinion, ICO and IEO are all forms of calling for capital but the IEO will be much better because IEO projects are often protected by exchanges so it will help investors a lot.
Although this may be very sad, but I really accept what you say, ICO has too many risks, good projects have become too rare on this land, continuing to invest is just that we are trying to risk and gamble with our money. Instead of having useless gambling and sacrificing so much money, we should invest in projects already available on the market as you say, choose the right time and invest, they will bring us appropriate profits, IEO is another style for investment but I recommend not to join now when the request is too difficult

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 04:22:05 PM

I'm not saying the ICO is bad. But ICO is an outdated tool for project marketing. And plus, the ICO does not provide any guarantees to investors.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 05:02:07 PM

I'm not saying the ICO is bad. But ICO is an outdated tool for project marketing. And plus, the ICO does not provide any guarantees to investors.

Since first ICO maybe wouldn't guarantee profit for their investors. It is all depends on us what we think the project will be profitable and take chance from it. That is why they always put disclaimer to avoid investor who lose and make reports to them.

travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 08:23:26 PM

Since first ICO maybe wouldn't guarantee profit for their investors. It is all depends on us what we think the project will be profitable and take chance from it. That is why they always put disclaimer to avoid investor who lose and make reports to them.

Too many projects that carried out ICO let down their investors. There are not a few successful cases, but much more unsuccessful ones. I say that ICO is yesterday.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 09:25:33 PM

I think it is high time people understood that if you are investing in a ico or crypto start up then you should do it because you believe in the project potentials and not because of the quick profit. Most people just get into an ico for the quick profit and when the project is not able to deliver that, they term it as scam.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 02:02:54 PM

Too many projects that carried out ICO let down their investors. There are not a few successful cases, but much more unsuccessful ones. I say that ICO is yesterday.
Maybe with this IEO trend, can bring back investor's trust about new projects. But for note that investor know when to take profit their investment because from what i learn, hold new tokens for long time is not really good.

ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:14:31 PM

Certainly you are right. If 99% of ICO were scam, then no one would have developed this direction, and we see the development - the emergence and development of new projects. Personally, I see in ICO a great opportunity for those who want to create a service, a platform, etc., but he has no money to implement it all. Here ICO gives such an opportunity and I consider it very well. The fact that fraudsters have it is clear, fraudsters are everywhere, in any industry. Just somewhere there are more, and somewhere less. In any case, the trend shows that the ICO market has not gone away, and the turnover is working and gaining momentum.
rozak

Activity: 1960
Merit: 273

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:22:18 PM

Certainly you are right. If 99% of ICO were scam, then no one would have developed this direction, and we see the development - the emergence and development of new projects. Personally, I see in ICO a great opportunity for those who want to create a service, a platform, etc., but he has no money to implement it all. Here ICO gives such an opportunity and I consider it very well. The fact that fraudsters have it is clear, fraudsters are everywhere, in any industry. Just somewhere there are more, and somewhere less. In any case, the trend shows that the ICO market has not gone away, and the turnover is working and gaining momentum.
I agree, the ICO is not completely gone many new ICO projects coming out every day but now investor confidence has begun to disappear for the ICO and investors prefer IEO investment from the ICO

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pelana vreo

Activity: 744
Merit: 10

Syntrum.com

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:44:01 PM

Not entirely ICO ends scam, but some projects will be abandoned by developers, that's what I can say, because new projects with new investors always link the ICO and new projects that have just finished running ICO with the increase in coin prices, when will the coin rise, why prices go down, I don't think there is an investment that can quickly provide benefits, I have seen how Bitcoin prices rise year by year and reach the highest prices in 2017

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:11:54 PM

Maybe with this IEO trend, can bring back investor's trust about new projects. But for note that investor know when to take profit their investment because from what i learn, hold new tokens for long time is not really good.

And there is. Judging by the fact that the demand for some IEOs will exceed supply by 10 times, we can say that part of the trust has been returned. However, not every one of us will be able to participate in sales due to limited supply.

██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Iceblast

Activity: 783

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:21:24 PM

there are a lot of investors hoping to get profits with post-ICO IEO infiltrated by scams. so I think this is a possible thing and investors can still invest in IEO as a good choice

mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:25:55 PM

for me getting trust from investors is not easy. because every investor has his own views in choosing ICO. so we should not underestimate investors. so it needs to be built so that investors can trust it back to the ICO.
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:55:57 PM

And there is. Judging by the fact that the demand for some IEOs will exceed supply by 10 times, we can say that part of the trust has been returned. However, not every one of us will be able to participate in sales due to limited supply.
now IEO reminds me of how people invested in ICO in 2017. just not everyone managed to buy and tried to participate in all of them. but as we see it did not guarantee the quality of the project

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:23:10 PM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.
you are right, not all ICOs are scam but since even the good projects can't succeed anymore because of lack of funding many now think they are all scams. I have read many post here related to such topics where people say ICOs are scam

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: