Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:33:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Did we actually really land on moon?  (Read 7416 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 03:50:59 PM

^^^ The preponderance of evidence that indicates it's a hoax makes the likelihood it's made of cardboard almost a certainty. Just like the preponderance of evidence that the globe is a lie makes flat earth almost a certainty; what little doubt remains is put to rest by direct measurement.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:29:55 PM

^^^ The preponderance of evidence that indicates it's a hoax makes the likelihood it's made of cardboard almost a certainty. Just like the preponderance of evidence that the globe is a lie makes flat earth almost a certainty; what little doubt remains is put to rest by direct measurement.

No it doesn't. There isn't any "preponderance of evidence," in fact there isn't any evidence at all. Zero. Zip. Nada. Only in your own mind. Very think AL sheet is what it was. You just like saying the word "cardboard." Maybe because those pizzas you deliver in mama's car taste like cardboard?

You've completely failed in showing anything that refutes the lunar landings.

In the case of the round Earth, as I earlier mentioned, this is proved mathematically. There's no room for your opinion and no "evidence" you can present.

Also, you seem to not think very logically. This statement of yours...

""makes the likelihood it's made of cardboard almost a certainty..."

This makes no sense. If you went to Home Depot to find materials to build a fake LEM from, there wouldn't be any cardboard to buy, would there?
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:16:25 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 08:15:54 PM by notbatman

^^^ I found this, it's made out of cardboard.

How To Build A Homemade Sextant -- https://youtu.be/hOLjEj8OxJM

edit:

Even easier, clip a bic mechanical pencil to the protractor and hold it with two fingers by the eraser.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 09:54:59 PM

^^^ I found this, it's made out of cardboard.

How To Build A Homemade Sextant -- https://youtu.be/hOLjEj8OxJM

edit:

Even easier, clip a bic mechanical pencil to the protractor and hold it with two fingers by the eraser.

Thanks but you're not going to talk like you are knowledgable with me about sextants. You're not.

However one thing that you want want to know is that the Apollo astronauts navigated from the Earth globe to the Moon globe using ... Sextants ...
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:07:14 PM

@BADecker,

If you can't show the solution for measuring angular size with the eye I just provided has any errors, then you need to admit the Sun & Moon are both 32 nautical miles in diameter or you're the one at the funny farm. A 32 mile wide Moon debunks the claim man landed what appears to be a cardboard box wrapped in foil with bicycle parts sticking out on it.

https://i.imgur.com/zS0G3hs.jpg

BTW the 90 deg angle marking is off and it's not an error as it can't be drawn at 90 deg due to optical convergence.

"...Why is it that I don't believe you have ever had a sextant in your hands?..."

I can just stick my thumbs out then measure the base and top while one thumb stays at eye level.

Standard trig shows that you can't find distance or size with only the degrees.

One degree of earth circumference, is about 66 miles at the surface of the earth, which is about 2,133 miles for 32 degrees... at the surface of the earth.

Btw, making a cardboard sextant shows how goofy you are.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:34:49 PM

@BADecker,

If you can't show the solution for measuring angular size with the eye I just provided has any errors, then you need to admit the Sun & Moon are both 32 nautical miles in diameter or you're the one at the funny farm. A 32 mile wide Moon debunks the claim man landed what appears to be a cardboard box wrapped in foil with bicycle parts sticking out on it.

BTW the 90 deg angle marking is off and it's not an error as it can't be drawn at 90 deg due to optical convergence.

"...Why is it that I don't believe you have ever had a sextant in your hands?..."

I can just stick my thumbs out then measure the base and top while one thumb stays at eye level.

One degree of earth circumference, is about 66 miles at the surface of the earth, which is about 2,133 miles for 32 degrees... at the surface of the earth.

Cool
One thing that stops people from learning is talking or typing.

Degree, minutes, seconds...

Lol... AND IT'S GOING TO BE SPHERICAL TRIG!!!!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 01:05:28 AM

@BADecker,

Cool
One thing that stops people from learning is talking or typing.

Degree, minutes, seconds...

Lol... AND IT'S GOING TO BE SPHERICAL TRIG!!!!

Looks like our next moon shot will be centrifugal. However, we are the beginning of this. But it shouldn't take long to develop.

Secretive Startup SpinLaunch Gets 1st Launch Contract for US Military

The secretive startup SpinLaunch, which aims to fling satellites into space without a traditional launch pad, has just secured its first launch contract.

In a statement today (June 19), SpinLaunch announced that it has received a "launch prototype contract" from the U.S. Department of Defense under a deal arranged by the Defense Innovation Unit. The Long Beach, California-based company aims to launch its first test flights in early 2020 from Spaceport America in New Mexico.

SpinLaunch is developing a "kinetic energy-based launch system" that accelerates a small payload-carrying booster to hypersonic speeds with a spinning system on the ground. A chemical rocket would kick in once the payload has been launched from the ground system.

An illustration released with the announcement depicted a SpinLaunch booster attached to the arm of what appeared to be a centrifuge.

Check the links and video.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 02:45:26 PM

@BADecker,

The maximum distance the eye can see (angular resolution limit) can be used to measure objects, so I'm not measuring an objects size and distance using only degrees like you claim.

@Spendulus,

NASA states in their documentation on their space sextant that an astronaut has to re-calibrate it every day by spotting a star. However when asked at the press conference after they returned, the Apollo 11 astronauts claimed they didn't recall seeing any stars on their journey to the Moon.

How do you reconcile this discrepancy?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:37:05 PM

@BADecker,

The maximum distance the eye can see (angular resolution limit) can be used to measure objects, so I'm not measuring an objects size and distance using only degrees like you claim.

This is why we depend on things other than the eye alone for distant observations. We use telescopes, trig, calculus, laser rangefinders, satellites, etc., because these things bring the measurements down to the eye, where the eye can see them accurately.

Since, as you said, the eye has resolution limits, the eye can't be depended upon. That's why we use other tools, even the sextant. But even the sextant won't work to show distance or size without at least one other measurement in addition to the degree.

Or do you have non-hazy-eye calc that works better than trig?

Cool

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:05:15 PM

^^^ You're a clown using pipul to win an argument with intellectual dishonestly. Every eye has an angular resolution limit or distance and I'm using that distance to measure other objects. You response (you fucking clown) is to conflate the maximum distance the eye (any eye or camera) can see with with the concept that the human eye has limited abilities thus can't be used.

This like telling somebody you're having guests for dinner then killing and eating them when they arrive for supper. You had "guests for dinner" and everybody you told about having "guests for dinner" believes that you met with some people and shared a meal together.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:27:22 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2019, 05:39:42 PM by Spendulus

@Spendulus,

NASA states in their documentation on their space sextant that an astronaut has to re-calibrate it every day by spotting a star. However when asked at the press conference after they returned, the Apollo 11 astronauts claimed they didn't recall seeing any stars on their journey to the Moon.

How do you reconcile this discrepancy?

This is well answered, in the past by someone commenting on the lying cunt Apollo Deniers.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080427113125AAw5ntS

I still feel compelled to give warning of our unfortunate tendency to take things out of context and the even more distressing one of swallowing the whole cake of misinformation just because it has pretty sprinkles of truth on top. It's a common tactic of prosecuting attorneys, smear campaigns and corrupt governments. I would worry more about the f...ing bakers in this case....and their motives.

When Collins said he couldn't see any stars, he was referring SPECIFICALLY to when they were photographing the solar corona and not for the entire mission.They used star charts along with their navigation tools during their trip and spotted stars with it.

I have studied many of the Apollo transcripts and am familiar with their method of use of the sextant (and a small star sighting telescope) for navigation.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:45:24 PM

@Spendulus, the Moon is 32 nautical miles wide and I can prove it in a court of law with a sextant. You would have to debunk/discredit "Yanoff, Myron; Duker, Jay S. (2009). Ophthalmology 3rd Edition. MOSBY Elsevier. p. 54. ISBN 978-0444511416" to win.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:49:51 PM

Looks like our next moon shot will be centrifugal. However, we are the beginning of this. But it shouldn't take long to develop.

Secretive Startup SpinLaunch Gets 1st Launch Contract for US Military

The secretive startup SpinLaunch, which aims to fling satellites into space without a traditional launch pad, has just secured its first launch contract.

In a statement today (June 19), SpinLaunch announced that it has received a "launch prototype contract" from the U.S. Department of Defense under a deal arranged by the Defense Innovation Unit. The Long Beach, California-based company aims to launch its first test flights in early 2020 from Spaceport America in New Mexico.

SpinLaunch is developing a "kinetic energy-based launch system" that accelerates a small payload-carrying booster to hypersonic speeds with a spinning system on the ground. A chemical rocket would kick in once the payload has been launched from the ground system.

An illustration released with the announcement depicted a SpinLaunch booster attached to the arm of what appeared to be a centrifuge.

Check the links and video.

Cool

That's all make-believe crap designed to get funding and then fade away.

It can be ignored, instead of believed.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:55:14 PM

@Spendulus, the Moon is 32 nautical miles wide and I can prove it in a court of law with a sextant. You would have to debunk/discredit "Yanoff, Myron; Duker, Jay S. (2009). Ophthalmology 3rd Edition. MOSBY Elsevier. p. 54. ISBN 978-0444511416" to win.

Be my guest, go right ahead. Show your work.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:08:21 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2019, 09:44:39 PM by notbatman

It's all right here (https://i.imgur.com/zS0G3hs.jpg edit: version 2.1: https://i.imgur.com/15e5eZH.jpg), a pole of known height and distance then just add a Moon that measures 32 minuets: 1 minuet = 1 mile for the human eye. Size and distance are then known; 32 nautical miles wide at an altitude of ~3,100 nautical miles.

Source: "Yanoff, Myron; Duker, Jay S. (2009). Ophthalmology 3rd Edition. MOSBY Elsevier. p. 54. ISBN 978-0444511416"

edit:

To simplify it, we have a known distance (observer to horizon), and three known angles (90°, horizon > base of Moon and horizon > top of Moon).

Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:39:43 PM

It's all right here (https://i.imgur.com/zS0G3hs.jpg), a pole of known height and distance then just add a Moon that measures 32 minuets: 1 minuet = 1 mile for the human eye. Size and distance are then known; 32 nautical miles wide at an altitude of ~3,100 nautical miles.

Source: "Yanoff, Myron; Duker, Jay S. (2009). Ophthalmology 3rd Edition. MOSBY Elsevier. p. 54. ISBN 978-0444511416"

You can literally see the ISS with your own eyes. With a camera you can see basically all the details, what is that then? If you think its some kind of plane then someone would have photos of it from another plane up close.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:51:28 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2019, 08:20:28 PM by BADecker

^^^ You're a clown using pipul to win an argument with intellectual dishonestly. Every eye has an angular resolution limit or distance and I'm using that distance to measure other objects. You response (you fucking clown) is to conflate the maximum distance the eye (any eye or camera) can see with with the concept that the human eye has limited abilities thus can't be used.

This like telling somebody you're having guests for dinner then killing and eating them when they arrive for supper. You had "guests for dinner" and everybody you told about having "guests for dinner" believes that you met with some people and shared a meal together.

I'm simply agreeing with you. If that makes me a clown, you are worse than a joker.

Since "every eye has an angular resolution limit or distance," there is a limit to which you can trust measurements made by the simple eye. Isn't that what you are saying? And when you say "the human eye has limited abilities thus can't be used," aren't you simply confirming it?

So, what do you do when you want to measure things more exactly?

- If you want to measure the length of your car, you might use a tape measure. You can eyeball it and guess. But using a tape measure is way more accurate.

- If you want to measure the length of a table, you might use a yardstick or a ruler. You can eyeball it and guess. But using a tape measure or ruler is way more accurate.

- If you want to know the height of a tall building, you triangulate shadows with a smaller object that you know the height of. You can eyeball it and guess. But using triangulation with shadows is way more accurate.

But guess what triangulation is. It's measuring the size or distance of objects using 2 known measurements, of 3 possible measurements, to calculate the third. You can't triangulate distance or size by knowing only the angle. Or can you literally show us how?... since you agree that eyeballing it (even with a sextant) doesn't produce accurate measurements.

Come on, now. Don't keep us in suspense. Show us the calc you are using. Quit telling us that eyes have their limitation... or that they don't, if that is what you are trying to say. We all know this and agree with you on it. So, show us the calc that proves what the eyes are too limited to prove.

Besides, inviting forum members to post in YOUR flat earth thread, is like inviting guests for dinner then killing and eating them when they arrive for supper.

Cool

EDIT: Come on, now. You think you can measure the distance to the sun and moon by eyeballing them. How accurate are you when you eyeball the distance across your room in the funny farm? If you are anywhere close to the sun, you should have your room down to the thousandth of an inch.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 01:20:46 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2019, 03:20:27 AM by Spendulus

....How accurate are you when you eyeball the distance across your room in the funny farm? If you are anywhere close to the sun, you should have your room down to the thousandth of an inch.

The famous aviator Wiley Post, 1920ish, had lost one eye when young. He trained to estimate distances very accurately with one eye. Hence, with no triangulation. He would often win wagers in bars this way. It enabled him to pass the Airman's exam, which required good vision.

So I'll let that issue pass.

However, you are correct in that NotBat has not shown the total of the triangulation issue. There are several issues.

(A) How much does the Moon change in diameter, from the Supermoon to the minima, and why?

What does it mean, if an object in the sky periodically, and predictably, changes in diameter?

(B) From where might we stand, say in a couple of places, to measure the Sun and Moon over the course of a year?

This would be to find their distance from the Earth.

(C) We commonly measure the height of mountains on the Moon, and the depth of craters, using a form of simple triangulation. Measuring the spreading of the shadows as the Moon moves to a crescent.

Notbat, care to comment?

(D) Given that the terminator line moves precisely across the lunar surface over the course of a lunar day (27+ Earth days) and we measure heights on the Moon of objects as they approach that terminator, geometrically this is only possible if the Moon is a sphere like object.

NotBat claims the Moon is just a bright light?

(E) A lunar eclipse is when the Earth occludes the Sun, as viewed from the Moon. We will consider the trig involved in this, along with a quite interesting topic, after NotBat answers the above questions and issues. This topic is how we can predict lunar eclipses.

Any scientific theory is affirmed if it predicts correctly. We have a model of elliptical orbiting masses in space, which we can use to accurately predict many things. All on the basis of a synergistic development of math, and orbital mechanics, over three thousand years. But you reject all of that.

No problem. We can step through the fundamentals.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 05:01:24 AM

^^^ Over in his FE thread, he told me I was dishonest for telling it to him simple-like. I suppose he is out looking for responses to you. It's taking him a while, and it should prove interesting.

Cool

Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 05:37:45 AM

....How accurate are you when you eyeball the distance across your room in the funny farm? If you are anywhere close to the sun, you should have your room down to the thousandth of an inch.

The famous aviator Wiley Post, 1920ish, had lost one eye when young. He trained to estimate distances very accurately with one eye. Hence, with no triangulation. He would often win wagers in bars this way. It enabled him to pass the Airman's exam, which required good vision.

So I'll let that issue pass.

However, you are correct in that NotBat has not shown the total of the triangulation issue. There are several issues.

(A) How much does the Moon change in diameter, from the Supermoon to the minima, and why?

What does it mean, if an object in the sky periodically, and predictably, changes in diameter?

(B) From where might we stand, say in a couple of places, to measure the Sun and Moon over the course of a year?

This would be to find their distance from the Earth.

(C) We commonly measure the height of mountains on the Moon, and the depth of craters, using a form of simple triangulation. Measuring the spreading of the shadows as the Moon moves to a crescent.

Notbat, care to comment?

(D) Given that the terminator line moves precisely across the lunar surface over the course of a lunar day (27+ Earth days) and we measure heights on the Moon of objects as they approach that terminator, geometrically this is only possible if the Moon is a sphere like object.

NotBat claims the Moon is just a bright light?

(E) A lunar eclipse is when the Earth occludes the Sun, as viewed from the Moon. We will consider the trig involved in this, along with a quite interesting topic, after NotBat answers the above questions and issues. This topic is how we can predict lunar eclipses.

Any scientific theory is affirmed if it predicts correctly. We have a model of elliptical orbiting masses in space, which we can use to accurately predict many things. All on the basis of a synergistic development of math, and orbital mechanics, over three thousand years. But you reject all of that.

No problem. We can step through the fundamentals.

He says the moon is a projection just like the sun. I dont really understand what he means with that. He never explains where is the projector or how it projects such a huge light and why does it work the way it works, to confuse us?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: