Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation  (Read 271586 times)
LivsUA

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:32:11 PM

So nice coin Smiley Why is price so low?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:52:37 AM

so instead of focusing on his coin, hiro has yet again "helped another coin" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0  he is helping it transition from scrypt to x11....does hiro even have any plans of still working on hirocoin or has he abandoned it?

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:35:24 AM

so instead of focusing on his coin, hiro has yet again "helped another coin" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.0  he is helping it transition from scrypt to x11....does hiro even have any plans of still working on hirocoin or has he abandoned it?

I suspect this coin will be silently abandoned.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

karma I am concerned almost half a year, the team hopes Hirocoin learn under them.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:18:24 AM

karma I am concerned almost half a year, the team hopes Hirocoin learn under them.

huh?

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:59:06 AM

huh?

The respondent has been involved with Karmacoin, now just “Karma”, for over six months ...  A switch of PoW algo from scrypt to x11 was mooted and accepted ... the dev team ... preferred to engage outside talent to implement a solution that preserved the tx and the blockchain. They engaged Hiro for the work and ... have been peering over his shoulder (as have I), hoping to pick some tips.

As you note, the alternative interpretation is preposterous but that's merely because of the absence of context.

Cheers

Graham
HiroS (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 04:31:50 PM

Hirocoin 0.8.6.5 - Dynamic Block Reward
Hard Fork on Block 224,000

It has been a long time in development but we have now released 0.8.6.5 with dynamic block reward. This is a variable block reward based on the history of the difficulty from the last 100 blocks. When the difficulty rises compared against the history the reward drops and when the difficulty drops compared to the history the reward rises. This will restore market confidence over the long term and will improve Hirocoin's standing in time for the impact of Scrypt ASICs being release from some of the more major hardware vendors.

For those that are interested the new code for GetBlockValue looks like the following. Normally the first argument is simply nHeight sometimes with +1, I added an argument for when the plus one is required and pass in CBlockIndex rather than just its nHeight value. We need the CBlockIndex to be able to reference the last 100 difficulty values.

The code is simple enough, we get the average of the last 100 difficulty values and then divide that into the current difficulty to get the weight to apply to the coin reward. The new coin reward can go from 40 to 400 depending on whether the diffuclty is going up, down or remains static.

I know what some of you are thinking, there is float maths in here and that will cause trouble. Wrong. I have tested this on Linux and Windows and can see the difference between platforms. It cannot effect the final coin value per block. The difference is six decimals deep on the diffTotal and has no impact Smiley

Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(const CBlockIndex* pindexLast, int64 nFees, bool addOne)
{
    int nHeight = pindexLast->nHeight;
    if (addOne) {nHeight += 1;}
    int mockSubsidy = 400;
    if (nHeight > 224000) {
        const CBlockIndex* pindexFirst = pindexLast;
        mockSubsidy = 200; // Average reward
        double diffTotal = 0;
        double lastDiff = GetDifficulty(pindexLast);
        for (int i = 0; pindexFirst && i < 100; i++) {
            pindexFirst = pindexFirst->pprev;
            diffTotal += GetDifficulty(pindexFirst);
        }
        double weight = (diffTotal / 100) / lastDiff;
        if (weight > 2) weight = 2; // Max 400 reward
        if (weight < 0.2) weight = 0.2; // Min 40 reward
        mockSubsidy *= weight;
    }
    int64 nSubsidy = mockSubsidy * COIN;

// Subsidy is cut in half every 840000 blocks, which will occur approximately every ~1.6 years
    nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 840000);

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

I have not gone anywhere, I will remain as Lead Developer on Hirocoin and I do not intend to leave. Hirocoin launched without any further maintenance required, many other coins look very busy after launch fixing all the loose ends. Hirocoin never needed to do that and perhaps the lack of activity got some people concerned rather than reassured by the lack of required maintenance.

I am always open to new ideas. Reducing the block reward was something I was never a fan of however a dynamic block reward seemed a much more interesting prospect as where this has been tried before it has been set to static values which max out and then never change after a certain point. The solution here will always remain dynamic and relevant. There is every chance that we will refine and improve on this solution in the future and hope that others will take this work on board in their own coins.

If you have any killer ideas that you want to see implemented then please give me a shout. I am always on the look out for good ideas to implement in Hirocoin. Send me a PM and I can meet up with you on Skype or somewhere of your choice.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
ClutchThese

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:57:58 PM

It has been a long time in development but we have now released 0.8.6.5 with dynamic block reward. This is a variable block reward based on the history of the difficulty from the last 100 blocks. When the difficulty rises compared against the history the reward drops and when the difficulty drops compared to the history the reward rises. This will restore market confidence over the long term and will improve Hirocoin's standing in time for the impact of Scrypt ASICs being release from some of the more major hardware vendors.

For those that are interested the new code for GetBlockValue looks like the following. Normally the first argument is simply nHeight sometimes with +1, I added an argument for when the plus one is required and pass in CBlockIndex rather than just its nHeight value. We need the CBlockIndex to be able to reference the last 100 difficulty values.

The code is simple enough, we get the average of the last 100 difficulty values and then divide that into the current difficulty to get the weight to apply to the coin reward. The new coin reward can go from 40 to 400 depending on whether the diffuclty is going up, down or remains static.

I know what some of you are thinking, there is float maths in here and that will cause trouble. Wrong. I have tested this on Linux and Windows and can see the difference between platforms. It cannot effect the final coin value per block. The difference is six decimals deep on the diffTotal and has no impact Smiley

Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(const CBlockIndex* pindexLast, int64 nFees, bool addOne)
{
    int mockSubsidy = 400;
    if (nHeight > 224000) {
        double diffTotal = 0;
        }
        mockSubsidy *= weight;
    }

// Subsidy is cut in half every 840000 blocks, which will occur approximately every ~1.6 years

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

I have not gone anywhere, I will remain as Lead Developer on Hirocoin and I do not intend to leave. Hirocoin launched without any further maintenance required, many other coins look very busy after launch fixing all the loose ends. Hirocoin never needed to do that and perhaps the lack of activity got some people concerned rather than reassured by the lack of required maintenance.

I am always open to new ideas. Reducing the block reward was something I was never a fan of however a dynamic block reward seemed a much more interesting prospect as where this has been tried before it has been set to static values which max out and then never change after a certain point. The solution here will always remain dynamic and relevant. There is every chance that we will refine and improve on this solution in the future and hope that others will take this work on board in their own coins.

If you have any killer ideas that you want to see implemented then please give me a shout. I am always on the look out for good ideas to implement in Hirocoin. Send me a PM and I can meet up with you on Skype or somewhere of your choice.

GREAT to see you back!

I know you're a great dev, but would love to see this coin take on the challenge of anon. Do you suppose this is something you'd be able to successfully do? I'd be very interested to hear your toughts on it.

PS  I've held HIRO for a very long time. I was a day 1 supporter/miner and still hold coins from that day. Smiley

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
HiroS (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 07:36:37 PM

GREAT to see you back!

I know you're a great dev, but would love to see this coin take on the challenge of anon. Do you suppose this is something you'd be able to successfully do? I'd be very interested to hear your toughts on it.

PS  I've held HIRO for a very long time. I was a day 1 supporter/miner and still hold coins from that day. Smiley

I still hold all of my coins to Smiley As I said at the start, this as a long term project.

Anonyminity is a desirable feature but I've not seen it implemented in a decentralised way yet. With the solutions out there are normally many trade offs to make it happen and with a bit of sleuthing you can often trace funds anyway. I am not adverse to implementing this sort of feature into Hirocoin but I will not be trying to invent this solution myself.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:54:55 PM

Code:
{
    int mockSubsidy = 400;
    if (nHeight > 224000) {
        double diffTotal = 0;
        }
        mockSubsidy *= weight;
    }

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

Glad to see you back, after not buy cheap coins, with some regret。 Cheesy
baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:34:01 AM

@ HiroS,

can you tell us what is the future plan of this coin?

thanks...
niki25
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:30:24 PM

so cheap coin, i bought some, secure profit
baloy

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:14:03 AM

is this coin really worth investing? need your inputs...

thanks...
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:50:29 PM

thanks...

The coin has a very strong developer behind it who appears to be committed to it, at least so far in the technology sense.  It's complete, it works, and he's open to any good ideas to improve it.  He is, however, often pretty busy and has not laid out a real roadmap as to what he's going to work on to help improve the coin's adoption by consumers.  (Which is key to making it profitable.  Otherwise, nobody is going to use it.)

On the other hand, as a coin, there is nothing about Hirocoin that makes it special or better than the other coins that are out there.  There is no reason for anyone to use this coin, currently.

At best, it'll be flat with maybe some minor take-up due to the reward limit in effect.  However, there is little investor interest because it doesn't distinguish itself.

If you look at a similar coin, such as Noble, you'll see a much higher degree of interest and heavy programming investment by its developers.  Hiro Coin isn't anywhere near that level of effort, so it is very stagnant.

That said, Hiro can't do it all himself.  You need to have outside players building tools and adopting the coin to make it more worthwhile.

Realistically though, that will not happen until this coin is designed to distinguish itself from all the other coins that are out there.  Right now, it's just a Me-To coin.   It works, it has a developer, but improvements and new software?  That all seems a long ways off...

It's cheap though.  I'd buy a couple million coins and sit on them.  There is always the possibility that Hiro invests real time into this coin and develops new features that cause it to stand out.  Then you could have a Darkcoin style situation where it just shoots up quickly in value.  Though Hiro has said he's not interested in making the coin anonymous himself.  So that's not likely to be the course the coin is charted towards.  Just as well, there are too many anonymous coins right now.  It would do little to distinguish it.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
baloy

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:21:31 PM

^ ah i see... thanks...

i'm an investor too on NOBL... the Devs is awesome on that coin. hope Hiro coin will bounce back too... my focus is on Noble, Hiro and Bitcoin...

Smiley
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:52:07 AM

thanks...

The coin has a very strong developer behind it who appears to be committed to it, at least so far in the technology sense.  It's complete, it works, and he's open to any good ideas to improve it.  He is, however, often pretty busy and has not laid out a real roadmap as to what he's going to work on to help improve the coin's adoption by consumers.  (Which is key to making it profitable.  Otherwise, nobody is going to use it.)

This coin fallen more than 130 times from ~3.5K satoshi to 25 satoshi! Developer busy with other coins. Nothing new developed so far. A lot of bagholders. Isn't it enough to stay away from it? I think the answer is yes.
baloy

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:18:55 AM

i'm not happy to see the price of this coin...

Sad
baloy

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:51:38 AM

to all:

my wallet will not accept the newly mined coins after the hard fork. I already used the upgraded wallet (ver 0.8.6.5) weeks ago. this is the prompt... i mined at ForkPool...

"Warning: Displayed transactions many not be correct! You need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade".

hope this will be resolved fast...
HiroS (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 12:49:46 PM

Downgrade to PC 0.8.6.4 / Mac 0.8.6.3

The change to the block reward did not work as planned as the longer chain was on the old software and the new client did not mark the longer chain as orphan but assumed the longer chain was correct and the current client out of date. Please downgrade to the previous version of Hirocoin which is 0.8.6.4 for PC and 0.8.6.3 for Mac.

A test environment will be setup to emulate the network at the time of this hard fork so changes can be made so the new network protocol does not get confused by a longer chain on the old network.

baloy

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:07:46 PM

thanks HiroS... had downgraded the wallet. it is still synchronizing right now... but until it is ok, i'll mine another coin... i'll get back to ForkPool once the wallet stabilizes...

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: