Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:17:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do you check crypto prices?  (Read 2290 times)
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 10:39:00 PM

My bro just said I'm getting addicted to my Portfolio app, and I think he is right. I usually check crypto prices at least three times a day. I know it's not very healthy checking crypto prices these days, but bitcoin specifically has been doing well.

When I'm about investing in a new project I believe in, I usually monitor the price for a couple of days. There are those moments when you believe in the team behind a project and appreciate their methods of communication, but the price of the token could be even more appealing. A crypto enthusiast once said, "It is far better to buy a wonderful crypto at a fair price, than a fair crypto at a wonderful price." Since it involves money; no one would want to throw funds away. You'd definitely want the accumulate a wonderful crypto at a fair price!

When you monitor cryptos for a long time you realize that sometimes as quickly as it goes up, it can also go down just as quick. That is one of the perks of being observant. You know when to jump in and when to pull out. Don't forget the French/ English proverb; a stitch in time saves nine.

PS: If you have high blood pressure, I'd say you should avoid checking the price of altcoins regularly. Every time I check the price of some Alts, they're down another 5%. Such dumps on Alts could trigger up the blood pressure.

What about you, how often do you check crypto prices?

I check from time to time maybe 4 to 6 times daily I don't have blood pressure and I'm comfortable with my investment I have no problems even if the price is going up or down, but of course, I always wish that it's going up, we all want it to go up of course.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 10:59:47 PM

In 2017 I was checking the prices every hour, to see how my money are growing. Now I don't find it so interesting. At least for now
yup! precisely. i did the same thing in 2017. but now i'm afraid to check it, i don't want to feel burdened because prices are falling and spending my money.

for now i rarely check it, maybe i check it once or twice in a few weeks.

odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 07:19:18 PM

It is very good to monitor your investment and open your eyes to be able to take opportunities and avoid risk. I personally each the crypto prices at least see if my altcoins and doing good and to also take advantage of the market slump.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 08:03:36 PM

Provided I'm in active trade, I check frequently per hour time frame I'm trading on. If I'm on 4hrs time frame I check my trades every rhrs vice versa. Provid d I don't have open trades, I set alerts for prospective entry I check once in a while to see the performance of such trade as against my set buy target.
Jakral

Activity: 385
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 08:37:51 PM

My bro just said I'm getting addicted to my Portfolio app, and I think he is right. I usually check crypto prices at least three times a day. I know it's not very healthy checking crypto prices these days, but bitcoin specifically has been doing well.

I check the price 3-5 times per day and it does not take a lot of time. Sometimes there are days when I wait for the price change for the altcoin and I check the prices every hour. Grin

CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 09:41:38 PM

I can say I am addicted to my tab trader app and the Binance exchange app on my phone, even when I do not intend checking market prices I find myself opening those apps, that is how crazy it has become. I would love to take a break for sometime

Aryleeto

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 09:51:02 PM

Often check the prices on the exchange makes no sense , check 3-4 times a day , as not often trade and Yes, and I can be considered in the transaction and will keep bitcoin for a long time , but I check altcoins more often.

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 10:01:38 PM

I've matured now, I don't often check my portfolio these days, I just leave to fate, all of it. When I was new in this industry I was addicted on the app too, almost 5 to 7 times a day I open the app just to see my holdings, whether they are looking bad or good. The app gives you excitement especially when it will just jump to certain amounts. As of now maybe twice a week, that's the most of it.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 10:39:39 PM

I can say I am addicted to my tab trader app and the Binance exchange app on my phone, even when I do not intend checking market prices I find myself opening those apps, that is how crazy it has become. I would love to take a break for sometime
Trying to take a break on it I believe it's not because it is difficult or tedious checking it. It is mainly because you might get a headache or that it might affect you psychologically if you eventual see what you do not want, most especially there is price dump.
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 06:53:38 AM

I do check the market and price of coins I have bought very often. I have bought many coins that are dropping in price.
So I am very much curious whether price of my coins have increased so as to recover my losses. I have invested for long term and short term. But I do not check price of long term coins so often.

UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 02:13:01 PM

I check the prices of my coins every hour, and sometimes more often. I trade on exchanges, I have several computers and laptops, and when I'm not at home, I check prices through a telephone with remote access to computers. This is necessary for trading, that's why I do it.
Chemcrier
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

IMO Exchange - Customer First.

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 03:10:43 PM

I check Cryptocurrency prices daily way more than the times I eat in a day, I check it multiple times each morning, sometimes j wouldn't check in the afternoon but it is always the last thing I do each day before going to bed, It's like an addiction.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
K4C

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 03:55:49 PM

I do not check cryptocurrency prices much because I do not like stressing myself too much and looking at the market when everywhere is red would definitely stress me, I only check it multiple times daily when there is a bullrun in progress, so I check how much % moon my holdings are doing.

nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 04:22:11 PM

There's a saying that, where one's treasure is, there we would find his heart. When you hold several cryptocurrencies and have intension of selling where you can, it's advisable to be watchful and know when the value increases to take advantage of the volatility which is a viable means of profiting in the cryptocurrency space.

jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 04:26:07 PM

Every day I check it does not add up to me of great complexity.  It is already like a morning ritual after coffee.
This is of course cool.  At first, I also checked often.  But now I'm a little tired.  I check twice a week.  This is more than enough for me.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 04:47:41 AM

Hey OP, I don’t really see anything that is wrong with checking your portfolio, it’s your money and you don’t want to lose it. If you don’t want to be checking your portfolio at every single time then you should start investing an amount that you don’t mind losing, that way you wouldn’t have to bother too much about it and would be able to have the patience till the price increases.

But as for me, I don’t really mind about it. There are wallets that even give pride alerts these days just like the link wallet and the Coinbase wallet. You can set a price alert so that instead of checking at all times you would only get notification to check up on the price. I think that would be the best thing for you to do instead of always checking up on prices all the time, at least you will be getting the notifications and wouldn’t worry yourself much.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 03:18:53 PM

Nowadays I check my cryptos price 5-10 times a day because I don't want to miss any bullish movement of any of my coins. As we all know most of the altcoins keep dropping hard & I want to sell some of my coins. Bearish market taught bitter lesson of not to greed its always good to sell your coins when you are in good profit. Greed of more and more ends up in loss. If one is a long term holder then there is no use to check the coins price several times.

bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 03:44:32 PM

Base on the current price of Cryptocurrency, i don't longer disturb my self or border, because the current prize situation is very good to invest on bitcoin and Alt-coin that has prospect in a future.
Eadefemi

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 03:58:02 PM

I will say you are much better than me at that. I know it's not good but I check the prices of my holding almost every hour. My own addiction is topnotch and I really want to stop that. Sometimes though, it helps me know when to convert some of the coins I hold to USDT so the value doesn't drop the more.
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 03:59:42 PM

When I'm about investing in a new project I believe in, I usually monitor the price for a couple of days. There are those moments when you believe in the team behind a project and appreciate their methods of communication, but the price of the token could be even more appealing. A crypto enthusiast once said, "It is far better to buy a wonderful crypto at a fair price, than a fair crypto at a wonderful price." Since it involves money; no one would want to throw funds away. You'd definitely want the accumulate a wonderful crypto at a fair price!

When you monitor cryptos for a long time you realize that sometimes as quickly as it goes up, it can also go down just as quick. That is one of the perks of being observant. You know when to jump in and when to pull out. Don't forget the French/ English proverb; a stitch in time saves nine.

PS: If you have high blood pressure, I'd say you should avoid checking the price of altcoins regularly. Every time I check the price of some Alts, they're down another 5%. Such dumps on Alts could trigger up the blood pressure.

This is a beautiful topic. I want to thank you. According to the current state of the market. I would say people with heart problems. It's better not to see them too much. All is changing in 1/2 hour. So you must be careful.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: