Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:44:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vault of Satoshi asks What Coins Do You Want to See?  (Read 31508 times)
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:41:33 PM

stop adding more coins  the volume on your exchange is horrible enough , why spread the low volume between even more shit coins ?

remove quark and feathercoin

bonus tip : remove that shit banner of dogecoin and stop scaring away real investors making the whole site look like a joke.

+1 I agree, totally! FTC and QRK has to go!

But I would like to see DGC or SRC, on it. Smiley

FTC, QRK and DOGE tarnish whatever they touch.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:42:05 PM

Hey Adam,

I would love to see Mintcoin added. The exchange is great and so is the coin, so I think it is a good match. There is active presence from the developer and a large and rapidly growing community. I would love to see Canadians being able to purchase Mintcoins with Canadian dollars and not have to get Bitcoins first then buy Mintcoins. Mintcoins now are generating 20% 'interest' in the first year from Proof of Stake minting which I think is really cool.

I also like how the logos were redesigned. I feel the name has a nice marketing angle to it and it can draw in new customers. It has a nice gustatory component to it and it seems to have validity because of the Mint name. If you add it, I will add Vault of Satoshi to my own marketing campaign to help bring in tons of new customers.

nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:48:08 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 09:00:37 PM by nearmiss

Can't add much more to the picture that DannyDisco didn't already mention, but a big +1 for DGC.  One of the fairest launches in terms of coin distribution, an unbelievably active developer, even now after the 9-10 months since it was launched, and a vibrant community, many who have been around since launch, and new members joining every day.  

You could add a Proof-of-Stake hybrid, but isn't one of the draws of said coins for users to hold the coins and earn stake vs. trading them?  You could take a chance on one of these newer coins, but can you really know where they may be in 3 months? 6 months? or even a year?  

DGC is already there, and is as active as ever.

- A happy VoS user, looking forward to the chance of trading DGC on the best Canadian exchange out there.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
ahbartsch

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:49:00 PM

Hey Adam,

I would love to see Mintcoin added. The exchange is great and so is the coin, so I think it is a good match. There is active presence from the developer and a large and rapidly growing community. I would love to see Canadians being able to purchase Mintcoins with Canadian dollars and not have to get Bitcoins first then buy Mintcoins. Mintcoins now are generating 20% 'interest' in the first year from Proof of Stake minting which I think is really cool.

I also like how the logos were redesigned. I feel the name has a nice marketing angle to it and it can draw in new customers. It has a nice gustatory component to it and it seems to have validity because of the Mint name. If you add it, I will add Vault of Satoshi to my own marketing campaign to help bring in tons of new customers.

I would like to repeat Cridon's sentiments. I believe that Mintcoin has long term potential and has "sticky" qualities about it. Being an energy efficient PoS coin like Peercoin but with a higher interest rate and shorter coin maturation rate, it is a very appealing coin to own.

With it being on the downtrend at the moment and having a low price point, I believe it has large upside potential.

It has only been out since January and has an active community with new services being added every day. The popular Dogecoin service provider Moolah_ recently added us to their platform and I see others doing the same in the future.

I would implore you to have a look yourself.
fmg

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:50:41 PM

Digitalcoin would be a nice fit. It's a fast and secure coin that was distributed fairly. I like the community, it feels close knit, with a focus on development. There's going to be an update that changes the blocks to retarget to be 8. Here's the source on that. It got integrated into Moolah.io today, so it can be used for a wide array of things with their services. I'd like to see more strong exchanges accept DGC though, that's where you guys come in Smiley

DannyDisco covered much of the good stuff, though. I'd trust his coin recommendations.
AdamSC1 (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:53:39 PM

Thanks for all the responses so far folks! Big thanks to the people who have written some detailed histories - and thanks as well to those of you who keep voting even if your coin has already been mentioned, getting a feel for volume/usership of a coin is always handy!

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:56:42 PM

please consider Noble coin.

if you would like some more info on Noble
https://www.noblemovement.com

thank you for your consideration

Thanks for posting this, nice to see a place with an established marketplace to use the coin and an ambassador program - we'll for sure look into if it's a viable coin to add.

I would like to add to this:

NobleCoin has been around for well over 2 months now. NobleCoin might look like just another clone coin, but there is more than enough to make up for this.

An active, transparant, honest and caring dev (Rofo), who is the hardest working man I've met at this forum. He is devoted to make NobleCoin work and is going through great lengths to achieve this. He is even covering losses to any NobleCoin holder who lost coins in a pool messing up and even when an exchange got hacked soon after the launch!

You already noticed the marketplace (which will offer precious metals soon at a massive 12% dicount) and ambassador program, but there was also The water project Where 5,000 USD was raised at a marketcap between 200k and 400k. (>1% of marketcap in donations!)

NobleCoin also recently got into the eSports world, being sponsor of RG:Canada, a CS:GO team to promote cryptocurrencies in the gaming world. This is also backed by offering Amazon, newegg and steam giftcards at a discount in the marketplace! Bring in those gamers!

Merchants were involved from the start, currently sporting 36 merchants accepting NobleCoin as payment.

NobleCoin is here not only for NobleCoin, but for cryptocurrency in general. Promoting cryptocurrency and figuring out about legislation, using the NobleCoin marketplace as a case-study .

To get a good idea of the evolution of NobleCoin, please check the history: https://www.noblemovement.com/a-history-insight-into-noblecoin-long/ We have had to overcome a lot of vile attempts to hurt the image of NobleCoin (appears some people are scared of us changing the pump n dump crypto scene..), but we are still around, with a stronger than ever community!

Thanks for considering,

NorrisK

raizor

Activity: 171

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:03:55 PM

Another vote for MintCoin (MINT). It's one of the more promising newcomers to the alt-scene. Einsteinium (EMC2) is another very new coin that looks like it could have some potential. It's certainly something I'm mining and investing in.
AdamSC1 (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:07:47 PM

Thanks for posting this, nice to see a place with an established marketplace to use the coin and an ambassador program - we'll for sure look into if it's a viable coin to add.

NobleCoin has been around for well over 2 months now. NobleCoin might look like just another clone coin, but there is more than enough to make up for this.

An active, transparant, honest and caring dev (Rofo), who is the hardest working man I've met at this forum. He is devoted to make NobleCoin work and is going through great lengths to achieve this. He is even covering losses to any NobleCoin holder who lost coins in a pool messing up and even when an exchange got hacked soon after the launch!

You already noticed the marketplace (which will offer precious metals soon at a massive 12% dicount) and ambassador program, but there was also The water project Where 5,000 USD was raised at a marketcap between 200k and 400k. (>1% of marketcap in donations!)

NobleCoin also recently got into the eSports world, being sponsor of RG:Canada, a CS:GO team to promote cryptocurrencies in the gaming world. This is also backed by offering Amazon, newegg and steam giftcards at a discount in the marketplace! Bring in those gamers!

Merchants were involved from the start, currently sporting 36 merchants accepting NobleCoin as payment.

NobleCoin is here not only for NobleCoin, but for cryptocurrency in general. Promoting cryptocurrency and figuring out about legislation, using the NobleCoin marketplace as a case-study .

To get a good idea of the evolution of NobleCoin, please check the history: https://www.noblemovement.com/a-history-insight-into-noblecoin-long/ We have had to overcome a lot of vile attempts to hurt the image of NobleCoin (appears some people are scared of us changing the pump n dump crypto scene..), but we are still around, with a stronger than ever community!

Thanks for considering,

NorrisK

Thanks for the details NorrisK - looks you guys have a strong community and lots of great initiatives! As a mod for /r/dogecoin I can tell you we've tried a number of similar projects and seen great success with them - it turns out that a strong community really makes the difference in a coins success!
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:11:17 PM

please look into adding myriad coin to this list, it's not a copy paste/premine/ipo/animal/country/shit coin, it's a geniune game changer, a coin that is asic resistant by embracing asics. what ? yes what I just wrote, this coin has 5 independent algorythms each with it's own difficulty (1 block re-target 2.5 minutes for each algo to get a block). the algos are sha256d scrypt skein qubit and groestl making the coin minable with any hardware you have asic gpu or even cpu. it doesn't get any fairer than this. I won't bore you with a long description other details can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.0 , read it, it's worth it this concept is too good to be ignored.

nope
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:15:00 PM

I'd like to voice my support for DGC, I've been following it since its inception and the dev behind it really cares about it. It was launched May last year with plenty of forewarning, no premine, and ascending block rewards from 0 prevented any instamine. After 10 months only ~10% of the total supply is in circulation, and the dev has updated the wallet multiple times to react to the environment. DGC has also kept a constant 5-10 BTC volume on cryptsy since they listed it. I trust my money with this coin.

I have to agree with the dissent against Quark and Feathercoin though, both were massively instamined. I'm paranoid their markets are just massive bagholders selling to each other which is why they have so much volume. SecureCoin is a much better version of Quark as it follows bitcoin's economic model; 5 coins minted every minute, and it's also under the same developer as DGC so you've got the reliability of its creator behind it (not sure if Quark's developer is around either, I know FTC's was unable to prevent a fork). It seems like it's a complicated matter to remove a coin after its been set up though.

In any case, thanks for your work in bringing crypto to the common folk, it won't be long yet Smiley
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:16:27 PM

Thanks for considering,

NorrisK

Thanks for the details NorrisK - looks you guys have a strong community and lots of great initiatives! As a mod for /r/dogecoin I can tell you we've tried a number of similar projects and seen great success with them - it turns out that a strong community really makes the difference in a coins success!

Ahhh now it makes sense your a dogecoin bag holder and u use your postion at Vos to pump/sell that crap coin.Just lost all respect for Vault of Satoshi.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Geode

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:18:25 PM

I love Mintcoin think it should be added as well. It's got a great minting system in place now that pays out 20% in the first year, 15% in the second, 10% in the third, and 5% in the fourth and subsequent years. It has a great developer and a great community.

It is only a bit over a month old and it's main thread has almost 500 pages already. It's got tons of support. The first multipool for Mintcoin saw its hashrate go from 7MH/s to over 80MH/s in just two days. It's a fantastic coin that will an excellent volume of customers to the Vault of Satoshi. I strongly suggest you consider Mintcoin.

If my post has helped you in some way, please consider donating-Blackcoin: BRJLA6cgXyyYaDfetVoSpo8pNmQDRAfuPA
cdg1941

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:28:50 PM

Thanks for considering,

NorrisK

Ahhh now it makes sense your a dogecoin bag holder and u use your postion at Vos to pump/sell that crap coin.Just lost all respect for Vault of Satoshi.

dude, in all fairness, dogecoin was intended as a joke. the very fact that it has done some amazing things in it's short time of existence, in my opinion, is a testament to the will and the heart of the the people behind it. not to mention that it's use as a medium for those that are ( one might say) mildly eccentric.

i am not one that currently holds any dogecoin, for better or for worse, and after the debacle at coinmarket.io, all of my holdings are in Noble. however that is not to say that i can't see value or viability and acceptance in other coins. and the very fact that the people behind Doge are trying to help others and to help the human condition is commendable within itself.

if all you can do is spew vitriol then it would serve the crypto community at large much more effectively if you would just keep it to yourself. but if you are able to explain your views and opinions in a civil way, i'm sure that your arguments would carry a bit more sway. otherwise you kinda come off as juvenile and immature. quite fitting of someone who is eating handfuls of sour grapes.

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:37:51 PM

I too would like to voice my support for Mintcoin. I don't have much to add to what the previous posters have pointed out, but I would like to emphasize the Devs and the community. I think this coin has great potential, primarily for this reason. We are a vision oriented group, and I see the coin "going places" because of this.

I think Mintcoin would make an excellent addition!
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:50:50 PM

Another vote for Mintcoin and our growing, passionate community!

http://mintcoin.com/

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/

http://mintpool.us/mint/miners.php

\
murkster

Activity: 196

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 10:11:25 PM

Noblecoin.

Honesty and integrity transparency the name reflects the devs and community.

I wont type anymore others have more eloquently listed noblecoins virtues, are there any others with so much done in such a short time..??

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:37:56 PM

you have my support for digitalcoin  Smiley

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:42:30 PM

Looks interesting, I think I'll check this one out in more detail.

In the past I've gone for the more traditional POW coins like BTC/LTC/DGC and SRC but this could be a nice diversification to investigate.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:47:10 PM

Looks interesting, I think I'll check this one out in more detail.

In the past I've gone for the more traditional POW coins like BTC/LTC/DGC and SRC but this could be a nice diversification to investigate.

Definitely. The Proof of Stake minting process allows for people without powerful gaming GPUs to generate new coins through minting. This means everyone gets a chance to participate in new coin generation. A side effect is that this takes tons less electricity overall and it's friendlier for the environment. Good for responsibility and sustainability.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: