Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:00:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.9.0][NGC] NigeriaCoin - Skein - Coin Distribution Symmetry - Mar 26  (Read 33390 times)
dmzj4812

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:08:38 PM

Now the POW coins too much, I don't think much of him!

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aleks648

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Bounty Manager

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 12:09:06 PM

How build miner on Linux?
I try:
sh ./autogen.sh
but have error: -bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

If you're using the source from Github you're wasting your time.

It will compile okay, but both Block Explorers compiled from the source show this: http://ngc.exploreblocks.com:2764/chain/Nigeriacoin

That shows the pre-mine of 44,000,028,000 NGC.

Worse, you won't get a straight answer from anyone in this thread.

I just compiled from github and it is working fine.

What's working fine?

Oh, when you say it's fine...you actually mean there's new source code there. https://github.com/nigeriacoin/nigeriacoin/commit/97f6883ae64835a5fa4fbc812ec00eaea34acc55

So the commit from six hours ago fixed the issues I addressed in this thread? Strange nobody has been willing to mention it.
Looking at github the commit 6 hours ago only affected dust check and was a rollback.  It has no effect on the wallet finding the blocks.

Bounty Manager http://t.me/aleks648
nigeriacoin (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:17:44 PM

The Linux source on the Github is broke?

So where did Crunch Harder get his code from? It's a simple question and I've asked it a few times.

As to the 'sense of humor' this isn't the place for it. There's only one pool 'functioning' and the guy made his page into a 'Nigerian Scam' parody. WTF is he supporting the coin for if he thinks it's a scam?

Seriously, I like 'humor' as much as the next guy, but not when 35GHZ of mining power is very likely being wasted and the Linux source is screwed up.

Additional Info:

I compiled the Linux source from here: https://github.com/nigeriacoin

./autogen.sh
./configure
make

I created an alternative Block Explorer: http://ngc.exploreblocks.com:2764/chain/Nigeriacoin

Now both Block Explorers are 'broke.'

I've tested Talesfromthescrypt pool and it's also working.  Actually, Poolerino go it working now too, and I'm mining on it now.  I haven't found any alternative "forks" for this coin, it was a clean launch.

For the explorers, I know you see only the first block in the front end, but as mentioned before the database is picking up the transactions and new blocks.  When I use MySQL Workbench to view the tables, I can see everything.  We need someone to help figure out the display bug.
http://imgur.com/nr7mAGI
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:27:57 PM

Nope, this wasn't a clean launch.

Crunch Harder had a working copy of the source code.

Other pools did not. Your own Block Explorer didn't work and neither did an alternate one created from the Github source.

You changed the code six hours ago and now claim it works.

Good luck with your coin.  Grin

P.S. OP if you're really from Nigeria you should at least be mildly upset by Crunch Harder's home page. He's representing your coin - which supposedly represents the nation of Nigeria. Why would you want your coin associated with the racist 'scammer' stereotype that prevails for your nation?

This thread just serves as another glaring reminder that the 'Open Source' tenets that made crypto-currency great are routinely being ignored by the people involved in launches.

I'll get off my soapbox now, because I'm no 'crusader' but hopefully aspiring devs will see this thread and realize the need to communicate much better with a community that is here to support your efforts.

nigeriacoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:42:03 PM

Other pools did not. Your own Block Explorer didn't work and neither did an alternate one created from the Github source.

P.S. OP if you're really from Nigeria you should at least be mildly upset by Crunch Harder's home page. He's representing your coin - which supposedly represents the nation of Nigeria. Why would you want your coin associated with the racist 'scammer' stereotype that prevails for your nation?

This thread just serves as another glaring reminder that the 'Open Source' tenets that made crypto-currency great are routinely being ignored by the people involved in launches.

I'll get off my soapbox now, because I'm no 'crusader' but hopefully aspiring devs will see this thread and realize the need to communicate much better with a community that is here to support your efforts.

Ok, please stop spreading FUD.  All the sources were the same, please check the commits for what was actually changed.  Both TalesfromtheScrypt and Crunch Harder were working at launch, it's just Crunch Harder was listed first on our OP so they got all the traffic.  I've moved them down the list now.

I'm not upset by the pictures posted on Crunch Harder or on Tales of the Scrypt pools.  They are meant to be sarcastic.  Sorry you had difficulty installing the code.  Under 0.9.0 Bitcoin Core, things work differently than usual.  All the latest and greatest features are in this coin and I wouldn't be surprised if other altcoins actually fork NigeriaCoin code.
majorminers

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:44:57 PM

Ok, please stop spreading FUD.  All the sources were the same, please check the commits for what was actually changed.  Both TalesfromtheScrypt and Crunch Harder were working at launch, it's just Crunch Harder was listed first on our OP so they got all the traffic.  I've moved them down the list now.

I'm not upset by the pictures posted on Crunch Harder or on Tales of the Scrypt pools.  They are meant to be sarcastic.  Sorry you had difficulty installing the code.  Under 0.9.0 Bitcoin Core, things work differently than usual.  All the latest and greatest features are in this coin and I wouldn't be surprised if other altcoins actually fork NigeriaCoin code.

I had no trouble installing code. Get serious clown. The Daemon compiled fine. Your Block Explorer doesn't work, either...so apparently you must be having some issues too.

I already said I'd leave the thread but you had to get the last word.

Anyone with any sense at all can read this thread and see what happened.

Don't make any more insults to me about my 'intelligence' and we can both move on. Your coin is now in circulation. You have LOTS of work to do. You have to get it on an exchange and then give away 44 billion NGC. So get busy.

nigeriacoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:51:12 PM

Ok, please stop spreading FUD.  All the sources were the same, please check the commits for what was actually changed.  Both TalesfromtheScrypt and Crunch Harder were working at launch, it's just Crunch Harder was listed first on our OP so they got all the traffic.  I've moved them down the list now.

I'm not upset by the pictures posted on Crunch Harder or on Tales of the Scrypt pools.  They are meant to be sarcastic.  Sorry you had difficulty installing the code.  Under 0.9.0 Bitcoin Core, things work differently than usual.  All the latest and greatest features are in this coin and I wouldn't be surprised if other altcoins actually fork NigeriaCoin code.

I had no trouble installing code. Get serious clown. The Daemon compiled fine. Your Block Explorer doesn't work, either...so apparently you must be having some issues too.

I already said I'd leave the thread but you had to get the last word.

Anyone with any sense at all can read this thread and see what happened.

Don't make any more insults to me about my 'intelligence' and we can both move on. Your coin is now in circulation. You have LOTS of work to do. You have to get it on an exchange and then give away 44 billion NGC. So get busy.

Yes we will need to fix the explorer, get on an exchange, but the CDS premine is being destroyed to counter PoW mining inflation so that's not being given away like AuroraCoin.  This is a different concept.  Sorry it didn't work out for you.
wyj1888

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:29:26 PM

NODES?
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:38:41 PM

After sleeping on it,  I really like the Proof of BURN concept.     It has many advantages.

It has great PR/Marketcap for better exposure,  It actually cancels inflation typically caused by PoW mining.   The miners actually benefit here.   Do the math,  With a 'pool' of coins being destroyed on a timer,  it actually means that the longer you mine the larger proportion of the currency you can attain vs normal PoW.   Also,  if you mine for shorter period of time say  1 Week,  your 'time investment' in this coin is better protected due to the 50% burn on the other end.   No miners will ever have those coins, Effectively making your coins more rare against the marketcap.

Crunch-Harder

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 01:59:38 PM

It's a simple question. The source code listed in the OP and on Github does not work.

My friend I sell you "my first autogen build" book, you send Western Union money transfer, I send information - very good, comes with free set of crayons and padded hat.
nigttran

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:19:17 PM

Please upload wallet for win 32 as zip, rar type. Type 7z not open.
Namun

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:38:13 PM

Ok, please stop spreading FUD.  All the sources were the same, please check the commits for what was actually changed.  Both TalesfromtheScrypt and Crunch Harder were working at launch, it's just Crunch Harder was listed first on our OP so they got all the traffic.  I've moved them down the list now.

I'm not upset by the pictures posted on Crunch Harder or on Tales of the Scrypt pools.  They are meant to be sarcastic.  Sorry you had difficulty installing the code.  Under 0.9.0 Bitcoin Core, things work differently than usual.  All the latest and greatest features are in this coin and I wouldn't be surprised if other altcoins actually fork NigeriaCoin code.

majorminers is right.

Crunch Harder had access to the source before everyone else.

I came to #nigeriacoin on IRC and asked for the source 15 mins before launch:

<@nigeriacoin> hello
<Namun> source ?
<@nigeriacoin> to be released on github at launch

AND

<Namun> nigeriacoin one question
<Namun> how come crunchharder is mining before the source was even released ?
<Aleks_N> the source is available
<Aleks_N> the pool was mining on testnet before

So there wasn't any fuckin clean launch as you're trying to suggest.

I closed the ngc.hashing.at pool so you can remove it from the list ... not gonna support this realshitcoin.
majorminers

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:40:23 PM

majorminers is right.

Crunch Harder had access to the source before everyone else.

I came to #nigeriacoin on IRC and asked for the source 15 mins before launch:

<@nigeriacoin> hello
<Namun> source ?
<@nigeriacoin> to be released on github at launch

AND

<Namun> nigeriacoin one question
<Namun> how come crunchharder is mining before the source was even released ?
<Aleks_N> the source is available
<Aleks_N> the pool was mining on testnet before

So there wasn't any fuckin clean launch as you're trying to suggest.

I closed the ngc.hashing.at pool so you can remove it from the list ... not gonna support this realshitcoin.

Thanks for the support. As you're probably noticing, these bad practices at launch are happening more often and they're hurting everyone.

They make us all look bad and we have to waste time/money supporting coins with no true support from the 'developers.'

Anthropolis

Activity: 84

Marine Corps, BA & AA Degrees, Hacker, Lover

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 04:13:04 PM

Maybe this is a good place to post my website makinging fun of the old Nigerian email scams and the Ponzi coin sites Smiley
It's just for laughs :p

http://nigerian-dogecoin-prince.com/

◄█▒░ATOMIC TRADE!░▒█►║◄█▒░CLOUD MINING!░▒█►
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:19:10 PM

Exchanges

Could you please link the swisscex.com market directly? I am logged in there but I can't find it. Shocked
nigeriacoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:12:45 PM

The block explorer is now working
nigeriacoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:32:38 PM

Exchanges

Could you please link the swisscex.com market directly? I am logged in there but I can't find it. Shocked

Sorry, it should've said soon. Updated the OP.
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:34:20 PM

The block explorer is now working

Why don't you acknowledge the pool operators above? I'll requote if you like?
nigeriacoin (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:19:34 PM

The wallets have been updated!
elviselvis101

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:42:56 PM

After sleeping on it,  I really like the Proof of BURN concept.     It has many advantages.

It has great PR/Marketcap for better exposure,  It actually cancels inflation typically caused by PoW mining.   The miners actually benefit here.   Do the math,  With a 'pool' of coins being destroyed on a timer,  it actually means that the longer you mine the larger proportion of the currency you can attain vs normal PoW.   Also,  if you mine for shorter period of time say  1 Week,  your 'time investment' in this coin is better protected due to the 50% burn on the other end.   No miners will ever have those coins, Effectively making your coins more rare against the marketcap.

When a Sr.Member says this, I will hold this coin, sould be easy: if coins are burned= rest is more value, not sure I understand why this additive is needed - less coins from start would be the same result, but my tech understand is not high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: