Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:24:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term hodl ! What a joke  (Read 1515 times)
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 08:38:11 PM

Exactly on this date last year, the price of Bitcoin was $ 3429. So there is almost 100% profit. What exactly is a joke? I think 100% profit for a year is quite a profitable rate.
No matter who says what, I'm going to hodl Bitcoin. In the long run, I am confident that I will receive more than my investment in the next 10 years.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 09:58:47 PM

I admit I made a mistake at peak since I didn't sell everything I have which until I still hold, but I would not call myself foolish as in overall I still made a good profit investing in crypto, my mistake gives me a learning experience so I will make sure I would do better next time.
We are all in here are made mistake about holding but it was our decision to hold it than to sell them early with a small price, And Ill think now one be make reason on that. And I agree with our mistake is a learning for us so in a future we can aware on that again an always careful.

No one can ascertain that all their holdings will give profit, maybe some are destine to be  shitcoins but at least in overall we are profitable.
Not all the time we earn in holding, One of them become shitcoins in no time. And yes we are profitable atleast.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2019, 04:36:34 PM

Sad but it is true that holding long term people is not getting profit in crypto. What happened with 2018 holders will never be forgotten! I stopped holding rather I do trade and signature campaign. I am very happy with the cash money! 

Well it appears this is happening because project of this time are not as dedicated as that of before, or the market is not as friendly as before, whatever the case maybe, 2018 was definitely an eye opener for many investors, nobody expected to see such a massive loss, many people haven't recover from it yet, so holding is not a idea for many people at the moment.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 05:01:26 PM

Why do you refuse to face the reality of the present state of the crypto market? I always laugh when I see people still talking about long term hodl when the reality is staring us in the face. Don't be a fool, only the smart are leading the race in the crypto sphere of today. Why do you decide to hodl when you know that the price may dump? Why not sell at the peak and then you can buy back at the bottom. The race is not to the fool but to the wise. Selling at the peak and buying back at bottom is wisdom but holding at the peak expecting a magic spike is foolishness. Bull run is not here yet, do not expect a magic spike. When the bull run is here, you don't need a prophet to tell you that. Be smart.

It's easy to say to buy at the bottom and sell in low.  But how do you know that when the bottom or peak is reached? One wrong move in a day trading can disturb your total trading. And everybody here is not that much expert to play with the market for them long term hold is a safe option.  For example lests say you buy BTC today at 7250$ and tomorrow it reached at 8000$ so you can misjudge the price rise as a peak and sell your Coin. But a holder who is looking for 10K$ he holds. And day after tomorrow it keep rising but you are looking it to come down again below 7250$. So who will be the winner here?

Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 05:02:16 PM

Yesterday I came across a piece of news which claimed that the total amount of BTC lying in the exchange hot wallets is at an all time high amount. Now this is not good news for those who are planning to hold their coins for long term. The chances of whales dumping huge amounts of coins in the cryptocurrency markets are increasing with every passing month.
The news is that for a very long period of time it was noticed that 11.58 million bitcoins did not leave their wallets during the last year. That is, a huge number of people really believe in this industry and understand what will happen in the future. Even if the main amount of these bitcoins lies on the wallets of whales it makes us think that it is not necessary to sell your bitcoins.
Yes, they are doing this for they believe that it works fine and profitable in the coming years.
But what the sense if we just keep it holding cause this is not a way to help the market grow. Users are needing today not holders for we know that Bitcoin isn't just an investment but it is a currency instead that supposedly we have to use it every day.
when we hold it, there are more people who sell, and they are the ones who are lucky, because after that the price goes down and we keep holding it in. when the price goes down, the investor who starts selling enters the market to make a purchase, and the price goes up. from here we can calculate which is more profitable
Many of them are reluctant to use long-term. Long-term investments are capable of doubling than you commonly receive, even more.
Why to doubt it again. Most of them fear the downfall. See the market condition is quite awake and stable this investment becomes commonplace and suitable to be applied. I highly recommend it once in this bright long term.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 05:14:52 PM

I admit I made a mistake at peak since I didn't sell everything I have which until I still hold, but I would not call myself foolish as in overall I still made a good profit investing in crypto, my mistake gives me a learning experience so I will make sure I would do better next time.

No one can ascertain that all their holdings will give profit, maybe some are destine to be  shitcoins but at least in overall we are profitable.

agree, not all coins are owned even though it is not a long term hold, it also does not guarantee a profit and long term hold is not a joke because it also includes a strategy that at least our mentality and confidence will continue to be tested when we decide for long term hold. so this is not funny because afterall hard efforts will give good results too

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀