Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:58:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: T  (Read 40955 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 06:49:30 AM

Are dividends due out today? I am not clear on the current schedule.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sadpandatech

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 07:15:48 AM

I have always paid out on Tuesdays around 16:00 Thailand time. This is also in the contract details. If I have spare time on the weekend I let let people in the thread see the expected dividends. I will not have time to do that this weekend, sorry. I will pay out dividends on Tuesday and make a post showing the maths.

No worries. The info in the first post and reading one of the 'expected' dividend details on Dec. 10th lead me to ask.

Cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 04:46:32 PM

Just a little personal pet peeve, if you will indulge me for a moment?

When listing a motion on GLBSE, it is very helpful if you identify the asset under consideration in the motion. I know this one we have been dicusssing and you announced it, but if I had just checked motions without reading this thread... I would be wondering who it was for.

Thanks.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 11:01:09 PM

That's a failing of the GLBSE system itself. It shouldn't be necessary for those creating a motion to specify the asset it is related to - that information is almost certainly part of the data associated with the motion already.

Raise it as a "feature request" with the GLBSE team.

Just a little personal pet peeve, if you will indulge me for a moment?

When listing a motion on GLBSE, it is very helpful if you identify the asset under consideration in the motion. I know this one we have been dicusssing and you announced it, but if I had just checked motions without reading this thread... I would be wondering who it was for.

Thanks.

I 100% understand you now. This is all new to me but I will improve. Thank you and Merry Christmas!
notawake

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2011, 01:15:25 AM

There is a motion up about setting the BTC price floor to 3BTC.   I will not be voting in this.  There have been 105 shares sold.

I try to get rid of the fans to save electric. I will PM you LG to learn more about the i0coins.

The next motion will be about the FPGA boards. They really are looking like the direction we should be moving into. The presale will start on Jan 1st so it would be awesome if we could get the funds by then but that might be too much to ask.

Thanks all!

How long will this motion be open?

Also, I think GLBSE is down. I can open the web client, but it doesn't retrieve any data. The asset contracts link shows a server side application error.
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 08:58:32 PM

Just a heads up we have the lowest stock price ever and will have the highest dividends ever coming up in a few hours!  Thanks~

How many shares outstanding?

I have sold 90 of the 450 for the IPO.  (There is 1500 total but I am keeping most!)

Hi Goat,

Am looking to invest in shares of your IPO, do I do this through GLBSE? I just opened an account there.

And how do GLBSE members get dividends from you, is it automatically sent to their accounts?

I like what I see so far with your mining start-up, keep up the good work!

SJ
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 09:21:50 PM

Just a heads up we have the lowest stock price ever and will have the highest dividends ever coming up in a few hours!  Thanks~

How many shares outstanding?

I have sold 90 of the 450 for the IPO.  (There is 1500 total but I am keeping most!)

Hi Goat,

Am looking to invest in shares of your IPO, do I do this through GLBSE? I just opened an account there.

And how do GLBSE members get dividends from you, is it automatically sent to their accounts?

I like what I see so far with your mining start-up, keep up the good work!

SJ

It can be done through GLBSE and I think atm that is the easiest way of doing it, The dividend is  payed to your GLBSE account every week, this is done by Goat it's semi automatic, Goat has to send the dividend but it's divided and sent to all the shareholders automatically. As a shareholder you only need to sit pack and wait for the dividends Tongue
If you decide to become a shareholder then welcome Cheesy
StewartJ

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 11:07:35 PM

Okay, bought in at 5 shares today thru GLBSE.

Seems a bit steep at 3.14 a share. Hoping to get a some good dividend returns in the future.

Big picture: see this as an investment in BTC mining community and the future of BTC.

Keep up the good work,
SJ

zapeta

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 11:09:46 PM

I was finally able to vote my shares.  I'll be expanding my position once the shares have the $3 floor so they're a bit cheaper, unless you reprice them before then.
StewartJ

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 12:09:47 AM

Seems a bit steep at 3.14 a share. Hoping to get a some good dividend returns in the future.

Big picture: see this as an investment in BTC mining community and the future of BTC.

Keep up the good work,
SJ

Well looking at the vote that .14 is too high. I need to send you back .14 x 5. PM me a BTC address.

Hi Goat, will PM you my BTC address, and thanks for looking out for my shares.   Long live the TyGrr !!!

STew
sadpandatech

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 01:02:17 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2011, 01:30:24 AM by sadpandatech

Keep up the good work,
SJ

Well looking at the vote that .14 is too high. I need to send you back .14 x 5. PM me a BTC address.

I was finally able to vote my shares.  I'll be expanding my position once the shares have the $3 floor so they're a bit cheaper, unless you reprice them before then.

The lowest price in dollars will be $10. The lowest price in BTC will be 3BTC.     That what you all understood the vote to be right?

I understood floor as being the lowest price per share it would go. I think the correct term, if you aim to make 3BTC the MAX price per share would be, 'cap' or 'ceiling'.

Cheers

- GA

sadpandatech

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 01:03:43 AM

What are everyone thoughts about expanding to an FPGA? Icarus is the way to go?  Thx

My vote would be with x6500. They are available right now and the software is currently being worked on to further improve performance. Which is currently higher than what is listed in a few threads.

- GA

sadpandatech

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 01:33:20 AM

It should be 3BTC not $3.   The floor will be 3BTC or 10$ whatever is higher. Is that how we all took the vote?
yea, fixed that typo.
I still think the way I stated myself.
the bolded part clears up what your intention were.

- GA

StewartJ

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 02:36:00 AM

Edit:    Should we go with some water cooled 5970s and free electricity in my office? (running most of the time)  I think I can get at least three of these in a full tower, maybe 4:) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55707.0   Will depend on the total price. The FPGA will get about 300 Mhash/S the 4 5970s would get about 10 times that:)

You had me at "... the 4 5970s would get about 10 times that."
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2011, 02:58:46 AM

I'd pretty much guarantee that FPGAs will be cheaper in 6 months.  Maybe get more GPUs now and save the FPGAs for later when their $/hash is down.

And what do you mean "Free electricity in my office" I thought your were paying ~$0.13/kWh

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 04:24:30 AM

Second bond would make sense, or push for new investment combined with a smaller bond (I think there are still 250 shares to be sold from the original IPO?) Certainly your performance with the first bond and the start-up phase shows a strong indication that the bond would be repaid.

If it helps, I've got a single core Sempron I would be happy to mail out for the cause in exchange for a couple of shares.
zapeta

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 05:04:26 AM

Sorry for the typo that ended up confusing a ton of people...I meant 3BTC and typed $3.00.  Anyway, glad to see that the 3BTC price has passed and look forward to adding a few shares to my portfolio. 

Anyway, adding a FPGA could be a good investment but wouldn't be a significant part of our hashing power.  I don't know that the cost savings in electricity would be worth the initial outlay especially given the potentially rapid advances in FPGA miners.  On the other hand, investing in a water cooling solution could both greatly increase hashing power at little/no electrical costs.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2011, 05:17:38 AM

Sorry for the typo that ended up confusing a ton of people...I meant 3BTC and typed $3.00.  Anyway, glad to see that the 3BTC price has passed and look forward to adding a few shares to my portfolio. 

Anyway, adding a FPGA could be a good investment but wouldn't be a significant part of our hashing power.  I don't know that the cost savings in electricity would be worth the initial outlay especially given the potentially rapid advances in FPGA miners.  On the other hand, investing in a water cooling solution could both greatly increase hashing power at little/no electrical costs.
Does water cooling reduce electrical costs? I thought it just helped with noise and heat.

mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 05:28:28 AM

Does water cooling reduce electrical costs? I thought it just helped with noise and heat.
I think what he means is that it helps with the noise and heat without any significant increase in power consumption.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 12:20:13 PM

With the new option of going for a couple of mining rigs in your office with "free" electricity I think that it will be better to get those rigs up and going first before we get any FPGA, as several others have pointed out the market of FPGA is pushing forward and several new models are in the making and it's probably worth waiting fro the new once. The water cooled rigs is possible to setup to be very quite if you get special fans that have been designed to be quite as well as get a quite CPU cooling solution. It will probably cost a bit but if we can keep running the rig at your office in the end with the "free" electricity I believe we will make a good profit from it.

//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: