Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:54:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KVA] Keva - Cryptocurrency with Key-Value Data Store  (Read 7550 times)
calmstorm (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2020, 07:54:18 AM

Thank you for your support!  Smiley
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lacuna

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2020, 12:06:58 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2020, 12:44:39 AM by Lacuna

Join us @
keva.smoothmine.com
               KEVA [KVA] POOL

We are the lowest-fee KEVA pool. This is our first pool, and we are committed to operating at maximum performance, and providing the smoothest experience for our users :-)

Mining Pool Address: keva.smoothmine.com
Ports (low to high diff): 111 (low-end), 222 (medium-end), 333 (high-end), 444 (mining rigs), 555 (nicehash / cloud)
User: your wallet address
Pass: x
Minimum payout: 10KVA
Fee: 0.03% (profit * 0.0003)

Support: https://discordapp.com/invite/9GECvA

If you'd like to donate:
KVA - VJ8eDCJkXRyuQ5k65tGzp5P7FGKCNUPAA6
BTC - bc1qmyuj546qhwj4v2hznx58qv8ue0k25my0erac7f

Our 1000KVA donation to the KEVA community fund to show our support for this coin - https://explorer.kevacoin.org/tx/116afa413bd369569efdc0d2b52d65774e717783d1fa5b29a94c01e2e99a595f
mankuk0007

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 11:19:06 AM

You can set a donation fund for this kind of actions, like bounties, exchange listings, other expenses. People will put some money in because is their interest to grow the project and see the price going up.

Thanks for your advice. We will start a discussion on our discord community on how to set up and manage the donation fund. We believe it is better for the community to manage the fund. We can make recommendations on how to spend it, but the community should have the final saying.

Good move @calmstorm and I believe you are right about who should manage the community donation funds, since they are the ones who donates and of course for more transparency.
I also agreed that who will be authority to manage the community donation fund as they are the person who donates with more clearity.
calmstorm (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2020, 11:27:46 PM

This is a message I posted on Bitcointalk Altcoin forum:

Cryptnight R Price on NiceHash Went Down All the Way

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5228737.0

It described what happened last night on the NiceHash CN/R marketplace.

Lacuna

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2020, 05:09:05 AM

Dev, so has it really been decided that there will be an algo change? If so, then when, and to what algo? I think that the community should have a part in these decisions - like if you do decide to switch the algo - you could let the community vote on it. A new / modified algo for KVA would also be cool (assuming that your team is capable of making such, since you plan to develop a blockchain for Key-Value data storage Wink).
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 11:05:54 AM

Dev, so has it really been decided that there will be an algo change? If so, then when, and to what algo? I think that the community should have a part in these decisions - like if you do decide to switch the algo - you could let the community vote on it. A new / modified algo for KVA would also be cool (assuming that your team is capable of making such, since you plan to develop a blockchain for Key-Value data storage Wink).

A nicehash/asic,even GPU mining-resistent algo would be better imo. CPU only is the best.
Since I don't like, and is also too centralized the ninja mining/cloud mining all over other projects, this will be the best move for Keva.

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
calmstorm (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2020, 09:02:45 PM

A nicehash/asic,even GPU mining-resistent algo would be better imo. CPU only is the best.
Since I don't like, and is also too centralized the ninja mining/cloud mining all over other projects, this will be the best move for Keva.

Thanks for the suggestions and I apologize for lack of communication on this important issue. The main reason is that we are still struggling with what is the best move for the next step. We originally plan to use our slightly tweaked version of Cryptnoght R (and call it Cryptonight KV). However, that would require us to submit patches to various miners (e.g. XMRig, XMR-stak, T-rex, etc.). Since CN/R is a GPU/CPU algorithm, we need to implement support AMD, NVIDIA and CPU. It is quite a lot of work and uncertainty (not sure if the miners would accept our patches and they are moving to CPU-only RandomX). Then Kevacoin source code will need lots of changes. Unlike Monero source code, which is designed with hard-forks in mind, the Keva source code does not have support for hard-fork and we need to implement and test it. This is lot of work and testing. Honestly, we are secretly hoping that Nicehash's support for CN/R will go away, just like other older CN algorithms. We had a glimmer of hope this morning as the available hash rate of CN/R dropped to 1MHz (from 6 MHz) on the US market for a while.

However, we do agree that the CPU only is the future, and it fits our targeted developer demography, as these people normally have machines with powerful CPUs but only average GPUs. The recent development of AMD multi-core CPUs also makes CPU mining very promising. Our concern is that some of our early supporters are GPU miners and we don't want to disappoint them. But it is a fact that CPU mining is good for the long term for Kevacoin.

We will have a vote on the switch as suggested. Comments and suggestions are welcomed!
othell_rogue

View Profile
February 29, 2020, 05:18:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestions and I apologize for lack of communication on this important issue. The main reason is that we are still struggling with what is the best move for the next step. We originally plan to use our slightly tweaked version of Cryptnoght R (and call it Cryptonight KV). However, that would require us to submit patches to various miners (e.g. XMRig, XMR-stak, T-rex, etc.). Since CN/R is a GPU/CPU algorithm, we need to implement support AMD, NVIDIA and CPU. It is quite a lot of work and uncertainty (not sure if the miners would accept our patches and they are moving to CPU-only RandomX). Then Kevacoin source code will need lots of changes. Unlike Monero source code, which is designed with hard-forks in mind, the Keva source code does not have support for hard-fork and we need to implement and test it. This is lot of work and testing. Honestly, we are secretly hoping that Nicehash's support for CN/R will go away, just like other older CN algorithms. We had a glimmer of hope this morning as the available hash rate of CN/R dropped to 1MHz (from 6 MHz) on the US market for a while.

However, we do agree that the CPU only is the future, and it fits our targeted developer demography, as these people normally have machines with powerful CPUs but only average GPUs. The recent development of AMD multi-core CPUs also makes CPU mining very promising. Our concern is that some of our early supporters are GPU miners and we don't want to disappoint them. But it is a fact that CPU mining is good for the long term for Kevacoin.

We will have a vote on the switch as suggested. Comments and suggestions are welcomed!

One thing that you can do, to not disappoint the early GPU miners is to premine the existing coins on the new blockchain and swap them for old coins so they won't loose the coins mined. Then  they can continue to mine Keva like other if they want to stick to the project. This is how I would do it, as I think you can't simply switch to new mining algo, but rather launch a new blockchain.

killer0000001

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 29, 2020, 11:19:20 AM

old chian,new algo Grin Grin Grin
calmstorm (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2020, 05:53:08 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2020, 04:54:51 PM by mprep

One thing that you can do, to not disappoint the early GPU miners is to premine the existing coins on the new blockchain and swap them for old coins so they won't loose the coins mined. Then  they can continue to mine Keva like other if they want to stick to the project. This is how I would do it, as I think you can't simply switch to new mining algo, but rather launch a new blockchain.

Fortunately, we will be able to do a hard-fork and keep the original chain. So the GPU miners will keep their coins.

Community:

Please cast your vote about the new algorithm in our Discord channel (#new_hash_algorithm): https://discord.gg/5zPHhbG

The vote will be closed in 48 hours, so act soon!

othell_rogue

View Profile
March 01, 2020, 07:47:32 AM

Fortunately, we will be able to do a hard-fork and keep the original chain. So the GPU miners will keep their coins.

This is very good! You won't have to many problems.

Community:

Please cast your vote about the new algorithm in our Discord channel (#new_hash_algorithm): https://discord.gg/5zPHhbG

The vote will be closed in 48 hours, so act soon!

Joined. Voted for RandomX because I like CPU coins.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 09:08:29 AM

So when the hardfork?

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
killer0000001

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 08, 2020, 10:23:23 AM

maybe 2020/4/4 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
calmstorm (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2020, 03:55:55 PM

So when the hardfork?

We are communicating with stakeholders, and have made great progress. We have important pieces ready and starting from this week, we will communicate with the rest of the stakeholders and finalize the date. Hopefully, we can let the community know the exact fork date this week. Thank you again for your patience and please stay tuned!

calmstorm (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 05:38:32 AM

Dear All,

The mainnet hard fork will be executed at block 46130, at about 14:00 GMT, March 25, 2020. The source code will be released in 48 hours.

The testnet8 will also be live in 48 hours, and its hard fork will be executed at block 6030, at about 14:00 GMT, March 18, 2020.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. Thank you!
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 11:44:02 AM

Any info about the fork? Algo change, blockchain timing /reward change other changes?
What is the reason for the fork? Which pools will support it? Is it going to be CPU only or also GPU/ASIC?

Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 12:14:29 PM

Any info about the fork? Algo change, blockchain timing /reward change other changes?
What is the reason for the fork? Which pools will support it? Is it going to be CPU only or also GPU/ASIC?

You can join discord since they are more active there.

Copying from their discord channel
kevacoin
Today at 7:37 AM
#general

The mainnet hard fork will be executed at block number 46130, at about 14:00 GMT, March 25, 2020. The source code will be released in 48 hours.

The testnet8 will also be live in 48 hours, and its hard fork will be executed at block 6030, at about 14:00 GMT, March 18, 2020.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. Thank you!

Community voted for RandomX and dev team will implement a custom RandomX-Keva algo
Already supported by
BenDr0id
Last Friday at 9:13 PM
XMRigCC 2.6.1

https://github.com/Bendr0id/xmrigCC/releases/tag/2.6.1

Changelog:

* Integrated RandomKEVA "algo": "rx/keva" or "coin": "keva" (autoswitch on fork) for upcoming Kevacoin fork
* Fixed #298 Miner hangs on restart command
* Upstream changes highlights (Thx to @xmrig and @SChernykh)
    * Integrated AstroBWT "algo": "astrobwt" or "coin": "dero" (autoswitch on fork) for upcoming DERO fork
    * RandomX hashrate improvements
    * Added SOCKS5 proxy support for Tor or other tunnels
    * Fixed for duplicate jobs in daemon (solo) mining client

and

doktor
Today at 1:35 PM
Added support for upcoming 'randomkeva':
https://github.com/doktor83/SRBMiner-Multi/releases/tag/0.4.0

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
calmstorm (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 05:03:47 PM

v0.16.4 Release
=====================================

Mandatory Upgrade

This is a major release of Kevacoin software, upgrade to this release is mandatory due to the hard fork on March 25, 2020. The hard fork will switch the Proof-of-Work hash algorithm from Cryptonight R to RandomKeva.

Before upgrading to this version, make sure to back up your wallet in case something unexpected happens, even though this release should not affect your wallet. Uninstall the previous version and install this version.

Important changes in this release:

- Switch the Proof-of-Work hash algorithm from Cryptonight R to RandomKeva.
- Faster wallet synchronization.

Download the wallet from our website:
https://kevacoin.org
calmstorm (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2020, 04:46:32 AM

Testnet8 successfully switched from cn/r to cn/keva at GMT 04:37, 2020-03-20, paved the way for the mainnet switch around March 25, 2020, at block 46130.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
March 20, 2020, 02:41:33 PM

Testnet8 successfully switched from cn/r to cn/keva at GMT 04:37, 2020-03-20, paved the way for the mainnet switch around March 25, 2020, at block 46130.

Hi admin kevacoin, if the test net already running, can we mine keva coin on the test net ?
Have you released the miner of kevacoin with random-keva algo ?
I would like to test mining with random-keva algo miners.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████