Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:54:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GreenAddress: open source multisig wallet service  (Read 28197 times)
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:55:56 PM

It's possible that some of your deposits have not yet expired, even if most of your larger ones have. If there are still funds left in your old wallet, you may want to try this process again in another week or two to recover the remaining funds (if any).

Nope... all cleared out to -zero-

There were only TWO transactions sending small amounts of bitcoin IN to this wallet (just to test how it worked) before I realized that I had screwed up the 2FA settings and could not get any funds OUT of it, so PUSHING only these two (as noted above) were all that could've been possible.

Since the app only keeps track of the most recently used wallet, there's no need to do any wallet deleting.

Okay I see that, but I also saw the "delete all info from our servers" button inside the wallet, which I would've LIKED to be able to do just to be very thorough and make it impossible to use this wallet again in the future, even by mistake.

But, AAAGGGG, that function *ALSO* required the use of the corrupted 2FA GoogleAuth to proceed!!  So it too is "blocked".  Sad

FYI when you set up 2FA, I think you might need to use a separate email address, not sure though.... (And of course this goes without saying: give them an email address and enable notifications just like you did last time in case you need to do an account recovery again Wink)

Fortunately, it appears that the SAME email I used on the bad wallet IS allowed to be used again for a NEW wallet, and cell phone number etc too.

I have now set up a new GreenAddress wallet with all the same info as the corrupted wallet, same address book entries I made before and etc, and the only thing that seems to be different is the mnemonic passphrase for logging in to them.

So, in theory, I suppose it IS still possible for me to use the wrong "old" mnemonic and log in again to the corrupted wallet, but that probably won't happen in practice, as long as the GreenAddress software only always uses the most recent wallet opened via the PIN entry.

So, all in all... everything's fixed I think.

It took 90 days, but no funds lost (if you don't count the decline in bitcoin exchange rate value during that waiting time, LOL)

Thanks again to everyone for help Smiley

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sbrzol

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:02:38 PM

I'm having trouble accessing my funds in the GreenBits app and can't login on the website either (it just keeps saying that I'm already logged in - maybe my phone didn't log out correctly?)

I'm using the LG Nexus 5 with a TREZOR.

Me too.
I cannot login more than 6 hours.

"You are already logged in. Do you want to log out the other session?"

There is no other session. I restarted my PC and tried to login with 3 different browsers too.  

I always got the same error message.

I have 2 wallets, I can login with the another one.  So it is very interesting.

The wallet i cannot login has no 2 factor authentication and perhaps i did not give any email address at the wallet creation time . (so there is no nlocktime files) .
(As i see 2 factor authentication is now required to create  a new wallet)

I hope greenaddress could fix this bug or they will owe me 60 bitcoins.

Now it works again. I hope greenaddress fixed it or it can happen anytime again ...

btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 07:30:57 PM

The wallet i cannot login has no 2 factor authentication and perhaps i did not give any email address at the wallet creation time . (so there is no nlocktime files) .
(As i see 2 factor authentication is now required to create  a new wallet)

Now it works again. I hope greenaddress fixed it or it can happen anytime again ...

Me too.

I also hope you've added an email address, enabled both send & receive notifications, and written down your mnemonic so that you won't have to worry about losing your funds....
bitcoinsharp

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:56:52 AM

Website down and unable to log in to chrome extension for a couple of hours what's up?  Huh
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:36:28 AM

If somebody has 2 or more greenaddress wallets then he has to clear the browser history (cookies, etc.)  to be able to login to another wallet, because at login page you can only enter your pin number and there is no button to forget current wallet data. (login with another account/wallet)

Do you not have a "Show other logins" option just below the PIN field?

Ok, it works, but if i login with my other wallet (with passphrase) and logout and login again (with pin number, same pin) then i will be logged in into my 1st wallet and not into my 2nd wallet that i used the last time.

using the same pin# for 2 wallets does not sound like a good idea to me
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:07:51 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2015, 09:39:25 PM by hamiltino

I'm having trouble accessing my funds in the GreenBits app and can't login on the website either (it just keeps saying that I'm already logged in - maybe my phone didn't log out correctly?)

I'm using the LG Nexus 5 with a TREZOR.

Me too.
I cannot login more than 6 hours.

"You are already logged in. Do you want to log out the other session?"

There is no other session. I restarted my PC and tried to login with 3 different browsers too.  

I always got the same error message.

I have 2 wallets, I can login with the another one.  So it is very interesting.

(As i see 2 factor authentication is now required to create  a new wallet)

Same problem here, can't access my coins, absolutely no response from support.

stacking coin
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:07:57 AM

10 hours later and i am still sitting here trying to log in. WTF IS GOING ON GREENADDRESS ANSWER ME! I NEED MY COINS.

stacking coin
japerry

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 01:45:57 PM

Hello Everyone!

I just set up the Chrome version of GreenAddress on my laptop. It looks really nice!

But I'm a little confused. I set up up a MultiSig sub-wallet and have backed up the recovery information and the xpub key as suggested/warned. But what do I do at this point? How do I use it? Can it be used with something like a Blockchain.info wallet? Is there any documentation that can walk me through the process of getting a GreenAddress MultiSig wallet actually operating?

I don't know if I'm being thick-headed or what but I just don't see how to implement the wallet now that I've created it.

Please advise.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:39:52 AM

Hello Everyone!

I just set up the Chrome version of GreenAddress on my laptop. It looks really nice!

But I'm a little confused. I set up up a MultiSig sub-wallet and have backed up the recovery information and the xpub key as suggested/warned. But what do I do at this point? How do I use it? Can it be used with something like a Blockchain.info wallet? Is there any documentation that can walk me through the process of getting a GreenAddress MultiSig wallet actually operating?

I don't know if I'm being thick-headed or what but I just don't see how to implement the wallet now that I've created it.

Please advise.

I think you can use Electrum[1]. I have not tried it. You will have to choose 2-of-3 when creating Electrum wallet.

FYI -- xpub key is extended public key which you can use to check your balance in block explorers.

[1] https://github.com/greenaddress/electrum/tree/greenaddress-2of3-recovery

japerry

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 07:33:50 AM

Hello Everyone!

Please advise.

I think you can use Electrum[1]. I have not tried it. You will have to choose 2-of-3 when creating Electrum wallet.

FYI -- xpub key is extended public key which you can use to check your balance in block explorers.

[1] https://github.com/greenaddress/electrum/tree/greenaddress-2of3-recovery

Thanks for the response but it doesn't address my question. I'm looking for a step-by-step guide on how to implement and use Multi-Sig.

Here is what we've tried so far:

1. I created an multisig wallet using GreenAddress. I backed up the pass phrase as well as the xpub hey.

2. I had my friend create a multisig wallet using GreenAddress but this time when he created his wallet he did it using the xpub key I supplied him.

3. I put $0.10 into the newly created multisig wallet.

Now here is where things fall apart. I see the $0.10 in the new wallet with confirmations. When my friend starts GreenAddress although the multisig wallet is there it has a zero balance.  The $0.10 deposit is not reflected in his wallet.

So I'm thinking we did something wrong in the wallet creation or we missed a step at some point? So you see what my question is now? We're looking for some guidance/documentation/inspiration on how to correctly setup, implement, and use a multisig wallet using Greenaddress.

I looked at the Electrum wiki and it really didn't explain things. I don't want to use Electrum (although I like it) because I'm using a HW.1 hardware wallet in conjunction with GreenAddress. I know the docs state that Electrum supports the HW.1 but I'm on Windows 7 and Electrum doesn't appear to support the HW.1 without a bunch of additional libraries and a re-compile from source. I'm not a programmer and I don't have the ability to build Electrum from source.

There are sites out there on the web that discuss multisig and there are Youtube videos. But so far I haven't found anything on how to actually implement multisig.

japerry

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 10:01:26 AM

I'm still very confused about the MultiSig wallet.

After creating a multisig wallet using the Chrome app I sent a test amount to another address but was never prompted for any additional verification or
request for any additional signatures outside of the 2FA challenge.

Can you please explain the difference between the standard wallet and the multisig wallet? I just don't see any difference.

Thank you in advance.

AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:14:18 AM

GreenAddress is 2 of 2 multisig, both keys are required to spend, and you can specify the criteria under which GreenAddress will cosign with their key. You can set spending limits, 2nd factor confirmation, etc
japerry

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 10:59:30 AM

GreenAddress is 2 of 2 multisig, both keys are required to spend, and you can specify the criteria under which GreenAddress will cosign with their key. You can set spending limits, 2nd factor confirmation, etc

Thanks for answering. But again, I don't mean to be rude, but I read that on their webpage too. My original question still remains. How do I implement MultiSig using GreenAddress? I don't see any functional difference between 2of2 and 2of3. How do you utilize 2of3?

So far I've tried to ask this question at least 3 different times in 3 different ways. Am I just asking in the wrong place? Is there a different forum somewhere that I should be asking my questions?

Thanks.

AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:49:11 AM

GA 2 of 2 multisig is not like 2 of 3 Coinkite/bitgo/coinbase/copay multisig.

You control one key, GA controls the other key, that's it.

My original question still remains. How do I implement MultiSig using GreenAddress?

If you spend with Greenaddress Chrome App / Android Greenaddress / Android Greenbits then you're using multisig.

Other schemes let you choose who the cosigners are by xpub, this is not how GreenAddress works.

In order to prevent loss of bitcoins if Greenaddress disappears they sign with their key an nTimeLock withdrawal transaction.

greenaddress does actually in the app have a 2 of 3 scheme, ignore it for the sake of simplicity
japerry

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 12:11:22 PM

GA 2 of 2 multisig is not like 2 of 3 Coinkite/bitgo/coinbase/copay multisig.

You control one key, GA controls the other key, that's it.

My original question still remains. How do I implement MultiSig using GreenAddress?

If you spend with Greenaddress Chrome App / Android Greenaddress / Android Greenbits then you're using multisig.

Other schemes let you choose who the cosigners are by xpub, this is not how GreenAddress works.

In order to prevent loss of bitcoins if Greenaddress disappears they sign with their key an nTimeLock withdrawal transaction.

greenaddress does actually in the app have a 2 of 3 scheme, ignore it for the sake of simplicity

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for!!! BTW I found that the 2of3 feature in GA has value as you can add the xpub key to a 3rd party app like Electrum and then use Electrum to generate the transaction and have GA be one of "signers"

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:42:53 AM

I have the desktop chrome plugin version...
It's the third time this week i come to try to access my wallet and i can't login. Is there a way to to get a desktop version that can login even when the website is down? Otherwise i don't get what's the point of a desktop/web wallet hybrid with better security if you can't access your BTC half the time?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 06:09:22 AM

Any one have issue with their SMS? I can't seem to get any thing from them, even creating a new account does not allow a sms verification to work.
sbrzol

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:50:19 AM

I made a payout to my greenaddress wallet 3 hours ago .  It has 15 confirmations, but my greenaddress wallet does not show this transaction.  (I tried 2 browsers to check it)

Huh
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:25:15 PM

I made a payout to my greenaddress wallet 3 hours ago .  It has 15 confirmations, but my greenaddress wallet does not show this transaction.  (I tried 2 browsers to check it)

Huh

Are you sure you're connected and sent to the right address and selected the right wallet? (Main, others)

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sbrzol

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:51:02 PM

Huh

Are you sure you're connected and sent to the right address and selected the right wallet? (Main, others)

(I login into this account at least 5 times a day. )

It showed up in my wallet only after 3.5 hours.  (at this time the transaction had 15 confirmations, greenaddres showed unconfirmed, 5 minutes later 1 confirmation, 10 minutes later 3 confirmation, and so on. )

This is not my first issue with greenaddress. (Last time i could not login more than 12-16 hours into one of my wallet, the other ones worked.)

I  never got any answer to my emails, customer service does not exists.

It is time to find another wallet service for me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: