Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:54:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Totally Off-Topic!  (Read 104805 times)
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 12:09:40 AM

So, this week I got a couple extra days off. My employer is trying to cut costs before the end of the year, so they added a couple unpaid days off before thanksgiving for the entire group of employees I am in. I am bored out of my mind, I have basically been spending the entire day reading bitcointalk and staring at Mt Gox live.

Do you ever wonder what you would be doing if they never invented the internet?
One word: Reading. But seriously though, anyone raised pre-90's could tell you.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 12:10:46 AM

This thread is totally off-topic. Therefore, practically anything goes but, please, no mega-posts--they suck! In fact, it's possible that every post will be related to the OP because I'm requesting off-topic posts.

There's only one caveat: ABSOLUTELY NO ON-TOPIC POSTING!!!

While we're on the topic of posting only off-topic and not doing any megaposts, I have a bit to say about that. The people I know of who post off-topic generally are just doing it because they have got lost in a rabbit hole. The thing about the rabbit hole is that it may or may not be the rabbit hold that Alice went down to get into Wonderland. No, wait, did Alice use a rabbit hole to get into Wonderland? Perhaps it was Dorothy who used a rabbit hole to get into Oz. No, she used a house propelled by a tornado over the rainbow. Was there a rainbow? She sang about going somewhere over the rainbow but I don't recall seeing an actual rainbow in the movie. Then again, the movie is not the book, and the book was written before the movie, so obviously the book is the definitive work. Has anyone actually read the original by Frank L Baum? I have, but it was a long long time ago and I can't remember whether there was any talk of rainbows in it at all. Have you watched the movie with the sound off and Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon' playing as an alternative soundtrack? It's pretty cool. You just start queue up the CD and push play when the lion roars. What do you think of roaring lions? Lions who roar are better than lions who yelp or whine, aren't they? The person next to me just said Holland. That makes me think of dikes. Why do you think dike became the derogatory term for homosexual women. It's kinda weird to me. I don't really get it is what I'm saying. What is the age group for most people who join this club? What am I talking about? I'm in a sales office right now so I might just type what I hear sometimes because I'm trying to make this post as epic as possible. Why? well, I think that's probably pretty obvious. Why would I not want to totally break the rules set by Gage? It is pretty fun to break rules that are arbitrarily set and breaking them does no harm to anyone. Don't you think so? Internet cafe. That's what someone here just said. Isn't it interesting how many internet cafes don't have any coffee in them at all? I think it's funny anyway. Not LOL funny of course, but maybe worthy of a little smirk. Well, maybe not, but hey what do you think about why do you think about how you think about what you think about? This probably has actually gone off topic so I'm not sure I achieved my desired aim of both posting on-topic and posting a mega-post. But then again, perhaps I've just come back on topic now? It's hard to say. How do you know whether or not you are on topic when what the topic is happens to be being off topic? I don't know. From this post, you'd think I have absolutely nothing better to do than type up a ridiculous post but actually I'm procrastinating doing the actual useful things I have on my list. But doesn't any post I make on the bitcoin forums count as promotional work since my signature includes links to my website? I don't know if I can justify a post of this length though. Wouldn't it be funny if my computer shut down or had some glitch or whatever and this entire post was lost? No. And I would not try to replicate it. Well, I don't think I would. How can I actually know what I would or would not do until the circumstance actually arises. I wonder what I would do if in a life threatening situation? I like to think of myself as a pacifist, so therefore I'd like to hope that I would run to get out of the situation, but what if running wasn't an option? Would I kill in self-defense? Is it actually necessary to kill in self-defense? Surely most of the time you can just maim or injure or otherwise incapacitate. If I knew how to just render the attacker unconcious, that is exactly what I would do. I think I might have written enough. Mr Gage will have to let me know whether this is classed as a megapost. If so, I've succeeded. If not, well, at least I've hopefully wasted a bit of some other people's time now rather than just my own. Now, go spend bitcoins! Wink

Proof ESP is a dumb idea.
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 12:30:58 AM

So, this week I got a couple extra days off. My employer is trying to cut costs before the end of the year, so they added a couple unpaid days off before thanksgiving for the entire group of employees I am in. I am bored out of my mind, I have basically been spending the entire day reading bitcointalk and staring at Mt Gox live.

TV.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 12:31:49 AM

TV.

A choice of 4 channels. 5 if you count UHF!

legolouman

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 01:10:03 AM

TV.

A choice of 4 channels. 5 if you count UHF!

I don't think it was fair for you to make a joke of your own post. Or whatever you did, you commented on your own post. Bad.

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 01:55:28 AM

why is a duck when it spins?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 02:11:30 AM

why is a duck when it spins?

Why does jello do what it does?

I quoted this sentence by accident.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 06:15:44 AM

What is the difference between a duck and a bike

The duck.

How the hell did you know what image I was going to post before I even knew what I was going to post?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 01:37:58 PM

My giraffes love me.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 03:06:38 PM

What is the difference between a duck and a bike

The duck.

How the hell did you know what image I was going to post before I even knew what I was going to post?

heh, my kids love that book.

Peter has kids and feeds them books:

The Otolaryngologist has a pet giraffe:

Why do I get the feeling like that this place is turning into Bitfield Zoo?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 04:56:18 AM

Matthew's rotating love bed?

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 05:33:55 AM

Today is the day after yesterday.

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 06:16:22 AM

Quote from: Market
Ouch!

This is your fault, Phinnaeus Gage.

legolouman

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 07:35:44 PM

Thread reported as OFF TOPIC!

It is in the off-topic section, so being off-topic is ok. But the title is off-topic, so anything off-topic is on topic. But that means anything posted will be off-topic for the tread.
I define off topic as not relative to the OP's post. The OP posted about OK-GO, and no one has talked about it, only I've mentioned it. That is off topic. As is cheese, specifically, aged swiss.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 08:30:10 PM

Why are pirates pirates?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 11:54:52 PM

Simply amazing! The last few posts were beautiful, I don't know which one to reply to first as I set on my porcelain throne taking a nice healthy...

I was going to pick one at random, until I realized that that would be a no-no on this thread. So I would respond to a post that wasn't written.

[qu0te][/qu0te]

I would wear pink. Green is just not your color.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 12:53:08 AM

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck on my wood mother chucker?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 01:24:55 AM

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck on my wood mother chucker?

Rumor has it that Matthew is conducting the Pattaya Boys Choir this year for the Do it Yourself Messiah.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 07:36:55 AM

I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.

Also, could religious people stop ringing that damned bell on my free day? It's not like I go around the neighborhood honking my horn every time I cook pasta…

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 08:21:26 AM

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: