Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:49:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BFL] List of Lies  (Read 8470 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:20:40 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 11:00:10 AM by Bicknellski

The fact Inaba has slandered me and others in the trust ratings and in the forums here before is going eventually land him in court. What needs to happen now is a perfectly timed court decision that freezes his BTC wallets ala the HF accounts. The idea he thinks he can play his psyops games without any consequences to him or BFL is just the level of hubris that will eventually bring this to a resolution against him in court. Lies and slander and now attempting to game the trust system overtly. Ethically challenged definitely the forum needs to protect itself from the likes of BFL and Inaba and I am very surprised they have not blocked or banned his account yet.

This is something that is NOT being reported on enough in some of online bitcoin news providers. http://www.coindesk.com/ really needs to pick up the ball and do a more in depth look at how BFL systematically lies and slanders bitcoin community members. They continually skirt the issue as much as bitcointalk.org has. We need to get the word out through the media on how Inaba and BFL are attempting to trash people's reputation and how their ads are deceptive to new buyers as well as a focus on the damage they have wrought by being late time and time again. Millions have been lost by members of the community due to BFL why is this not being reported openly beyond the threads here and in reddit?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:18:21 PM

The fact Inaba has slandered me and others in the trust ratings and in the forums here before is going eventually land him in court. What needs to happen now is a perfectly timed court decision that freezes his BTC wallets ala the HF accounts. The idea he thinks he can play his psyops games without any consequences to him or BFL is just the level of hubris that will eventually bring this court. Lies and slander and now attempting to game the trust system overtly. Ethically challenged definitely the forum needs to protect itself from the likes of BFL and Inaba and I am very surprised they have not blocked or banned his account yet.

This is something that is NOT being reported on enough in some of online bitcoin news providers. http://www.coindesk.com/ really needs to pick up the ball and do a more in depth look at how BFL systematically lies and slanders bitcoin community members. They continually skirt the issue as much as bitcointalk.org has. We need to get the word out through the media on how Inaba and BFL are attempting to trash people's reputation and how their ads are deceptive to new buyers as well as a focus on the damage they have wrought by being late time and time again. Millions have been lost by members of the community due to BFL why is this not being reported openly beyond the threads here and in reddit?
Kinda amazing how you never commented when someone did something similar against Inaba... There's a word for that... HYPOCRIT.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477645.msg5267956#msg5267956

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280630.msg4354137#msg4354137

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.msg4351291#msg4351291

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285659.msg4351144#msg4351144

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281846.msg4351127#msg4351127

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277901.msg4351030#msg4351030

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=372316.msg4351004#msg4351004

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=323857.msg4350972#msg4350972

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:00:04 PM

That's incredibly childish behavior and stupidly reckless. He is really opening his company up to unnecessary legal action when he should just focus on delivering product to customers. They've just proven themselves to no longer be relevant if that is what they focus their energies on these days.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:37:24 PM

Just thought it might be fun to make a thread to create an organized list of all the blatant lies from BFL. I am talking about things that can be factually proven to be inaccurate/misleading/bullshit. I would like this to be a civilized discussion so please attempt to keep the trolling to a minimum.

Note: This list is small and only includes a tiny fraction of the lies because I have only spent a few minutes on their site and have not included the lies from before.

List of Lies
1. (monarch) The fastest and most power-efficient Bitcoin miner yet
2. Butterfly Labs has shipped more ASIC products than all competitors combined
3. Our facility in Kansas has the largest production capacity of all Bitcoin hardware manufacturers.
4. The Competition at least $ 17.50 /GH
5. 65nm ASIC chip is now powering the majority of the bitcoin network
6. The bottom line is that BFL is the only 28nm chip manufacturer on its 2nd generation ASIC
7. All manufacturers in this space have experienced some degree of delay with their first generation ASIC
8. 28nm products won't begin shipping til year end
9. (monarch) plan to begin shipments in February, 2014
10. Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in March.
11. We are pioneers of the industry - having manufactured the first commercial Bitcoin mining hardware.
12. November / December    Initial Shipping
13. still on track for December/January
14. As we enter the 28nm era, we're the only competitor with a proven ASIC design in the field.
15. Tape out August 2013
16. Gen1 65nm asics will be around 1w/gh
17. BTC mining, being a zero sum activity, makes it viable and profitable to get as many people to cancel their orders as possible, so your position improves
18. We are so confident in our power consumption that we are offering up 1000 BTC to charity if we miss our power consumption targets by more than 10%
19.  Everyone should be aware of the fact that you are allowed to upgrade 1, 2, 3 or 4 Jalepeno's to 1 Single and keep your place in line
20. Individual orders that are less than 6 months old and that paid for the reduced price 600GH or 300GH Monarch will likely not be delayed past the expected delivery date

Forecast:
- (monarch 600GH) 350w (0.6w/GH conservative estimate)
- Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in June.
- Refunds will be issued in 30 to 45 days from the date of request of refund. Refunds will be in USD.

Bonus:
- Josh/Inaba of BFL has now resorted to paying shills to boost his own trust rating and defaming critics by leave false negative trust.
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549403.msg5979745#msg5979745

Sources:
1. See KNC, Avalon, Bitfury, Bitmain, Bitmine, Cointerra, Hashlast, Spondoolies, Dragon/lightning
2. Obviously not talking about hashrate because that would be absurd. I assume # of products which is still untrue considering the amount of asicminer/bitfury usb miners sold.
3. If largest production capacity means shipping out hardware in a timely manner, I would say they fall in dead last. (maybe hashfast is slower in shipping products)
4. Competition is actually as low as $3/GH. See bitmain
5. Obvious lie. Unless less than 5% of the network is now considered a majority.
6. See KNC.
7. See asicminer/bitmain
8. Already 3 months past years end and this statement is still not removed. *unless they mean this years end which would probably be accurate
9. Misleading. They have planned to ship every month since October of 2013.
10. Devices confirmed to not be shipping march.
11. See asicminer
12. Still have yet to ship anything.
13. See 12.
14. Was said literally months after KNC gave us a proven 28nm design.
15. Tape out September 2013
16. Actually around 3.5w/gh
17. Absolutely ridiculous to believe anyone would think this.
18. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197050.0
19. Jalapenos intentionally sent out first.
20. March was expected delivery date for all orders before march.

Sad day in Bitcointalk world... but do you expect anything less from a company and an employee without a moral compass? He has been doing this for over a year now it is just the first time he and his company have openly admitted it.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:49:37 PM

You have to understand them; HF is mining their leadership.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #k3iCYyhmfjOIU3IF

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
BFLrCONmen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:09:27 PM

Coindesk is paid off and only cares about $$$ and getting traffic to there site! Ain't that the truth! Mr Jon law the dirt bag over there! And you ask why they don't report about cockroaches? Because they are!

People need to realise the amount of scum out there, its the 90% that are scum! Wake up sheep!

As for bcp19, whybdont you jump off a cliff and do everyone a favour, at least what I say is to help people! Explain your motives you dirty cockroach cock sucker!

Fuck your worse than them! Get a life you fat lonely fuck!
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:20:34 PM

My dealings with an honest manufacturer BitMain has washed out all the negativity and resentment I have had for BFL and Josh the Incubus. My single and couple of Jalas are still mining since last autumn so no complaints there for robustness.  I was extremely lucky that the fiat value of BTC broke $1000 last year. It was sheer luck that I broke even and made some small profits with my 8 month late BFL orders.

Unfortunately all current BFL Monarch pre-orders are fucked each time BTC dives closer to $200 and further away from $500 keeping in mind the astronomical wall of hurt all the new hashing hardware will bring soon from the competition to the network.

rest in peace
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:12:13 PM

Coindesk is paid off and only cares about $$$ and getting traffic to there site! Ain't that the truth! Mr Jon law the dirt bag over there! And you ask why they don't report about cockroaches? Because they are!

People need to realise the amount of scum out there, its the 90% that are scum! Wake up sheep!

As for bcp19, whybdont you jump off a cliff and do everyone a favour, at least what I say is to help people! Explain your motives you dirty cockroach cock sucker!

Fuck your worse than them! Get a life you fat lonely fuck!
I'm waiting for you to jump first!  I have to see if it's going to work or not before I commit myself.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
BFLrCONmen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:37:14 PM

My dealings with an honest manufacturer BitMain has washed out all the negativity and resentment I have had for BFL and Josh the Incubus. My single and couple of Jalas are still mining since last autumn so no complaints there for robustness.  I was extremely lucky that the fiat value of BTC broke $1000 last year. It was sheer luck that I broke even and made some small profits with my 8 month late BFL orders.

Unfortunately all current BFL Monarch pre-orders are fucked each time BTC dives closer to $200 and further away from $500 keeping in mind the astronomical wall of hurt all the new hashing hardware will bring soon from the competition to the network.

rest in peace

Same here, I think my 60gh as paid back around 5-8 btc which I paid.... 74btc for so yes, the delays cost everyone who brought with btc expecting them when they said (11 months late!). Fiat customers are fine. Lessons learnt and I come here for the shits and giggles, this lol train is never going to stop is it haha.

Since then knc and cointerra have delivered flawlessly and there customer service as been fantastic. I don't own any bitmain but I would order from them from what I have seen. Bitcoin mining as left the home use though as the THash units are huge and hot and suck electric like there's no tomorrow. Not practical at all for the command Joe and knc have done it to scypt now with a 250mh unit! I got a load of gridseeds going and have a order with alpha and knc. Knc don't fuck about but with alpha I'm supporting a UK company so I made a punt at them (as I did with bfl back in June 2012) but used fiat to pay, as I said! Lessons learnt.

Cannsomeone smell cockroaches around here again? They fucking stink!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:15:20 PM

Now that it's April, I guess it's time to update the list:

Oct: "November / December    Initial Shipping"
Nov: "November / December    Initial Shipping"
Dec: "With that in mind, our current schedule is on track for shippments to begin towards end of year."
Jan: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in January 2014."
Feb: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in February, 2014."
Mar: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in February, 2014."
Apr:  "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in February, 2014."

Buy & Hold
jimmothy (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:18:09 AM

Now that it's April, I guess it's time to update the list:

Dec: "With that in mind, our current schedule is on track for shippments to begin towards end of year."
Jan: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in January 2014."
Feb: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in February, 2014."
Mar: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in February, 2014."
Apr:  "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in February, 2014."

I'm not going to include all of those because it is more like the same lie repeated.

If I did that then they would have 100+ lies on the list by now.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:20:57 AM

Well...  just stop buying shit from them. The only killing bullet for a business is 'no customers'
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:36:12 AM

rest in peace

well I have an email from BFL for what it is worth stating I will get a refund as I reguested from them stating if longer then 6 months they will refund...for my early order pre-order monarch (actually forced upgrade for non-show april equip) in 45 days..that was probably 10days ago? (ok ...I'll wait till everyone resumes normal behavior yeah I know its a big hoot what they said this with a straight face......cut down the catcalls pick up your chair so I can continue)

anyway with the IRS ruling and BFL having to pay for GH mining in the states for "gross income" we will see about the above email...likely i will find a monarch brick in the mail..

but hey was stated as 45 days not even the 45-60 days i heard about before the email...put a real name down and everyting.....(start horror music before the killer strikes)

( I have to step away now ...a unicorn herd is thundering past me as the flying pigs sky dive them.......and the blinding rainbow of impossibility is obviously blinding me to the truth to even mention this)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
LittleD

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:36:47 PM

Latest LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shipping Schedule
This is a Pre-Order product which is not yet shipping.  If you're uncomfortable waiting until the development is complete and the product is shipped, do NOT pre-order this product. Perhaps undesirable, but this is a pre-order market.  Customers flatly demand to get in line for the new technology before it's finished development.  This has created a lot of drama for the manufacturers but it's something we simply have to deal with.  All manufacturers in this space have experienced some degree of delay with their first generation ASIC.  Every last one of them, so we're reluctant to give a specific delivery date.  However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in March 2014.  Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in June.

WOW talk about Lying to your FACE, NO Shame!

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/1-th-bitcoin-miner.html

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:42:42 AM

Latest LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shipping Schedule
This is a Pre-Order product which is not yet shipping.  If you're uncomfortable waiting until the development is complete and the product is shipped, do NOT pre-order this product. Perhaps undesirable, but this is a pre-order market.  Customers flatly demand to get in line for the new technology before it's finished development.  This has created a lot of drama for the manufacturers but it's something we simply have to deal with.  All manufacturers in this space have experienced some degree of delay with their first generation ASIC.  Every last one of them, so we're reluctant to give a specific delivery date.  However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in March 2014.  Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in June.

WOW talk about Lying to your FACE, NO Shame!

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/1-th-bitcoin-miner.html

heh almost the same wording for stuff i ordered april 2013 that they said i would get by MAY (yep got the email yet) and of course it was thanksgiving ..so i punted the bricks of them arriving then to the brick of monarchs this year..and they SAY i should be getting a refund for my orig early order monarch in 45 days or so ..that email was like 10 days ago..we will see..but i after the IRS stuff in USA these last 2 weeks and china ban and bitcoin tanking i fully expect them to NOT give me my refund with regrets....as they would say on the dodge thread " we sad we scam you...but we rich....you not!"

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:43:59 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 06:34:07 AM by Bicknellski

http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/butterfly-labs-and-bf-labs-inc-bitcoin-miners <--- Might want to add all your complaints here if you were a customer and jimmothy you can cross reference againt the claim here for your OP ---> http://www.woodlaw.com/sites/default/files/casedocs/2014-04-04%20Complaint.pdf

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:20:11 PM

Time for our monthly update on Monarch ship dates:

May: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in May, 2014."
Jun: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in May, 2014."

Now that we're in June, the expected ship date is last month.

Buy & Hold
heldertb

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Blockchain-based Financial Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 10:10:57 PM

Time for our monthly update on Monarch ship dates:

May: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in May, 2014."
Jun: "However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in May, 2014."

Now that we're in June, the expected ship date is last month.
They just updated it:

However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in June 2014.  Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in July.

█▮▬█▀▀▀ YouHodler.com ▀▀▀█▬▮█
Keep Crypto. Get Cash
   Cool█▮ The highest Loan-to-Value ratio ▮ No minimum monthly payments and no hidden fees ▮ Major cryptocurrencies as collateral ▮█   Cool
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:33:24 PM

They just updated it:

However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in June 2014.  Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in July.

Look again:

http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

"plan to begin shipments in May, 2014."

Buy & Hold
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:43:08 PM

Look again: