Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:33:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAILED]Butterfly Labs 30 day countdown to the end of September  (Read 69431 times)
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:22:28 PM

I just got the email, my Jalapeno has shipped.  With T-day I expect it to be here Friday.  At $900/BTC I should be making ~$4.10 a day. Cheesy

Sounds great, you should make back your investment in 13 months. Josh would be proud!
13 months?  What have you been smoking?  Are you using the same math that brought you to the March 2014 date for BFL to finish shipping?  

You are right I forgot to factor into my calculation that everyone stopped buying from them in May/june of 2013 so shipping a month worth of orders in a day is very easy.

To which you will now respond "Everyone?"

To which I respond "stop being so fucking literal I mean "almost all"

See all the time I saved us there?

Happy Thanksgiving

bcp19, Why do you defend BFL so vehemently? Seriously, BFL is a horrible company that cares little for the consumer and cares even less about thier customers
Once you've made an order with BFL, the communication goes down the toilet and you just can't communicate with them properly (takes them a month to reply to each email)
I waited for seven months on a jally that was "SHIPPING NEXT MONTH!, PRODUCTS ARE IN THE FINAL STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT!, PRE-ORDER NOW!"

It took me two months of yelling at BFL to return my money for me to get it back. NONE  of thier products were shipping next month, nor were ANY of them in the "final stage of development", yet BFL Repeatedly physically changed thier ad banner atleast seven times to say the same thing, with only a differant datestamp of what month products would ship.

They KNEW that Nothing was in "final stage of development" Each and Every damn time they changed and replaced the False Advertising ad banner, along with continuing to place False Advertisements on the Bitcointalk.org forums.
All, ALL of thier efficiency ratings (eg TDP, Mh/s per watt, size, noise) were also compleatly inaccurate every time that they posted those false ads for nearly a year.

BFL won't show anyone their Actual order book, they are very "solid" in comparison to a transparent company about how they are functioning, So how is anyone outside of BFL (aka not on BFL's payroll) supposed to Find/Post/Infer real stats? You have to rely on Crappy user compiled information like the wait list thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0 or http://bfl.ptz.ro/

So I don't see why you feel in the right to complain about inaccurate postings by users regarding BFL's shipping schedual, when BFL themselves can't give a straight fucking answer.
Maybe, if BFL themselves knew what the fuck they were doing they could, but hey, Im sure Josh has that all under control and we'll get a fully updated orderbook in 2-3weeks.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:32:52 PM

So BCP on this page:
http://butterflylabs.com/

What do you think these words mean?

65NM TECHNOLOGY PRODUCT LINE
UNITS IN STOCK. IMMEDIATE DELIVERY

LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 07:21:16 PM

The ONLY kind of Jalapenos anyone should buy:

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:34:44 AM

The ONLY kind of Jalapenos anyone should buy:

My $.02.

Wink

That is just cruel... Hunting peppers for sport!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:23:30 AM

So BCP on this page:

Your order is immediately delivered to Josh's personal farm for a couple months. After it has mined enough, Josh will forward the useless hardware to you.

Buy & Hold
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:09:09 AM

So BCP on this page:

I know that the 50GH units are caught up as per the blog, but there was no update Wednesday, so I have no idea where the littles and Jala's are at.  I am guessing that the littles would be done or nearly done since I doubt more littles would have been sold than regular singles and I would think that the Jala's would be soon to finish if they have everything else done, as I remember something about a single person being able to build like 12 an hour.  If all of the assemblers concentrate on them, I'd think they could crank out a lot.  I'm just trying to patiently wait for the mailman to come tomorrow, my tracking number shows it left KC and already arrived in DSM.  Since it's only a 30 min drive from DSM, I'm expecting it by noon tomorrow.

Jackrabbit... I don't think it is so much that I defend them, but that I raise the BS flag on those that spout ridiculous nonsense.  None of us know the true story as to exactly what happened, but there are several who made outlandish claims that are so far in left field that I can't understand why the more intelligent trolls aren't shaking their heads over the blatant lies told my the rabid trolls.  The guy who rose a stink over getting his single with a build date that was 3 weeks old, claiming it was full of dust and had been mined for weeks before being shipped is a great example. Since both PG and I visited the facility, I think he'd agree with me when I say that there just isn't enough room for them to have 3 weeks worth of product sitting and mining as this person claimed and the rooms I remember had their own internal cooling systems, so there should be no dust from external sources getting in as well..

Now, I've never had anything to say about their advertising.  I really don't care one way or another.  Every company out their makes claims, like KnC claiming to have supplied 70% of the network.  This is so blatantly false that I'm truly amazed how blinded the trolls are to reality.  The point is this... ever since I came to this forum, I've been repeatedly told that BFL would NEVER ship their products, that it was all a scam and that they would just take the money and run.  Month after month went by and they continued shipping products. Now the tune is changed, since they have nearly completed their 65NM order book, the people go on and on about the lies and such. If you stop and think about it, all of the people who said they were a scam and were just fleecing people and would never ship anything are the liars now.  Only they cannot admit that they were wrong, they need to shift their focus and find other things to point their fingers at.

The truly sad thing here is that you have a company that was hampered by it's overwhelming success.  From recent statements, they had over 40,000 units sold.  Josh once said they expected to hit 400 units a day, which would equate to ~100 days *if* there were no problems encountered.  100 days would be 20 weeks at 5 days a week and 16 weeks at 6 days a week.  4-5 months if there were no additional problems.  Late June was when they started shipping other than Jalapenos, it's now late Nov and they are almost done... falls in line with the estimates.  But, back to the 40,000 a sec... that's a huge number when you stop and consider that when they released their FPGA they only had to build something like 1500-2000.  Coming from a background in electronics, I have a better understanding than most about the process of testing needed for items like this.  My last posting was at the research and development station for Naval aircraft.  I personally would want to do a 24 hour burn-in on any new equipment to guard against failure, but that would be impossible from the facilities I saw there.  They'd need 3-5x the space to perform a proper testing based on my guidelines.

One of the other things nobody seems to stop and consider... unlike most of the other companies that are selling product, they are not just shipping out naked boards.  Their units can be used by ANYONE with just a little instruction.  You don't need to have an engineering degree to understand how to hook them up to your computer and get them running.  In addition, unlike the other early ASIC sellers, when they saw the volume of requests, they didn't raise their prices to gouge their customers.  The only price increase came when they realized their original specs were not going to pan out and they needed to redesign.  So many people praise ASICMiner for selling asics that anyone could use, but no one seemed to care that they were being bent over in the process.  If BFL had the same Morals as ASICMiner, then they'd have quadrupled their prices after the first days orders when they saw the demand.

Bick and other harp on the minutia without understanding the process.  I've taken my little apart and I know from looking at it that it isn't as simple as ordering a board and slapping a chip on it as Bick expects people to do with his boards.  The build process has many steps to it and because of this there is the added element of human error in each step of the process.  If someone is tired, and if they are working 6 day weeks, I bet people are tired by now, mistakes are easy to make, but Bick and his cronies would have you believe that this is intentional so as to screw the customers.  

I just noticed from the BFL blog that they are caught up on all but jalapenos and expect to be caught up on those in a few days.  Obviously a pyrrhic victory at this point, but they did what they set out to do... at least now they won't have to deal with all the repeated "Where is my unit?!?!?" emails and hopefully be able to deal with support issues in a more timely manner.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:07:50 AM

Wow you wrote like 5 paragraphs and never answered the question.

If someone orders one today or tomorrow for the big sale, will it ship immediately?

Since you didn't answer the question, I will answer it for you.

Immediately

adverb
at once; instantly.
I called immediately for an ambulance"
synonyms:   straightaway, at once, right away, instantly, now, directly, promptly, forthwith, this/that (very) minute, this/that instant, there and then, then and there, on the spot, here and now, without delay, without further ado, posthaste; More
without any intervening time or space.
"she was sitting immediately behind me"

Just checked out the order form, terms of sale that you have to agree to STILL say 2 months or more.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:29:27 AM

In addition, unlike the other early ASIC sellers, when they saw the volume of requests, they didn't raise their prices to gouge their customers.

Sure they did. The Jala went from $149 to $249, etc.

Buy & Hold
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:42:07 AM

In addition, unlike the other early ASIC sellers, when they saw the volume of requests, they didn't raise their prices to gouge their customers.

BCP, Welcome back to reality.

On April 2nd 2013 the price of ALL BFL items doubled.

Bicknellski

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:00:46 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 02:38:57 PM by Bicknellski

Doesn't matter if they ordered in August or Today.

17 weeks minimum before anything ships with regards to a Monarch until they say they have completed Tape out. After taping out they have stipulated a 15 week timeline before shipping any sort of real number of units.

15 / 4 = 3 and 3 quarters months from when the taping out is complete. That is when you can start the clock. Right now the clock has not started.

111 DAYS.

If they finished taping out tomorrow first units would ship by late March or early April.

Given the BFL propensity for delays, poor design in terms of packaging of the last chip, redesign of boards etc you might want to look at 300 gh/s GPU style hashing like this as pretty much a hard nut to crack particularly in terms of cooling. They really didn't do cooling well for their current units did they? Most people have had to rip off the cases, re-apply heat sink paste and carefully make sure that there is even contact across the surface of the chips with the heat sink.

If it takes 182 days to get their Monarch out to a few people that will be impressive but no one knowing their current product line would expect them to do any worse or better than they have already with the last design. They simply will drop the ball on this product and anyone who has put money in this dog really is going to get bitten hard.

Why would anyone put money on this unit when you have at least two very solid and viable options like KnC, and BitFury derivatives that actually deliver?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:47:22 AM

BCP, Welcome back to reality.

On April 2nd 2013 the price of ALL BFL items doubled.

Wow, neither of you can read.... let me quote it for you:

The only price increase came when they realized their original specs were not going to pan out and they needed to redesign.

I did answer your question even though you were too dense too see it.  Since, as per the blog, they are caught up on everything but Jalapenos, if you place an order now it will ship "immediately" as in minimal wait time... like the next business day.  I don't know why you seem to think someone will ne sitting by the computer 24/7 waiting for an order so they can box it and let it sit until USPS or UPS or FedEx shows up to get it.  You seem to think arguing semantics means something, but it just makes you look pathetic.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:51:01 AM

Still waiting on Jally orders from June and July *sigh*
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:30:10 PM

Explain yourself.  What's your excuse?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:52:13 PM

BFL (like the rest us) got off lucky with the 9x FIAT value rise of BTC. Poor folks waiting on their Jallys might still be able to ROI or just break even if BTC Fiat values hold up in the next 3 months.

LittleD

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:25:52 PM

we should start another count down for The Monarch Smiley

Heres BFL_Josh trusted feedback link. Please give them a Trusted feedback Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63314

Also Here's Inaba trusted feedback link. Please give him a Trusted feedback as-well Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8198

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:33:15 AM

Haha... troll city!  Not a single one will actually take the bet.  It's all about trolling, not telling the truth!

God forbid people like Christian "Xian" Antkow and Darin "Bicknellski" Bicknell (the man who can't even make an ASIC board when other supply ALL of the technology, then tries to tell people who actually make the technology how to do business.  The very height of asshattery.) actually tell the truth in their posts!  It makes much more fun drama to make things up constantly lie about everything.

Go away no one likes you here.

And, to think all my posts were deleted off of Black Arrows thread due to trolling. Matt Carson's post is definitely a troll post, of which nothing similar to what I've ever posted, I don't recall.

Hey Josh, I got these fuckers believing that your paying off that bet to me in weekly installments--plus interest. Also, keep that secret among ourselves about that arrangement I made with you to stay out of the BFL threads till at least you pay off your debt to me in full.  Roll Eyes

Also, tell Jody and Sonny I said hi, and my family is doing fine.

MOTHERFUCKER!!! Thanks to this post I'm quoting, I just realized that I stood up for (or behind, no pun intended) Darin during that major blowup between you and him, and that fucker is sticking it up my ass big time over at the Black Arrow threads.

Now, I'm really pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (key stuck)

~TMIBTCITW
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:27:38 PM

MOTHERFUCKER!!! Thanks to this post I'm quoting, I just realized that I stood up for (or behind, no pun intended) Darin during that major blowup between you and him, and that fucker is sticking it up my ass big time over at the Black Arrow threads.
Now, I'm really pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (key stuck)
~TMIBTCITW

Still trying to figure out how I've lied according to our favorite COO...

*shrugs*
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:40:00 AM

Are we in need of a new clock for the Monarch?

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:09:55 AM

I don't think the Monarch will launch.  It would be cheaper for BFL to buy Neptunes and partition off 600GH/s chunks for cloud mining.  I'm sure they could find something to do with all those chips...
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 12:04:53 PM

We may need clock buffers.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: