Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:07:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRS] Groestlcoin | 1st to activate Segwit & Taproot  (Read 557980 times)
jackielove4u

Activity: 608
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:37:50 AM

I am using "Groestlcoin Core version v2.13.3" and "wallet.dat" backed up from 2014. After installing "Groestlcoin Core version v2.13.3" and finished syncing, I copied wallet.dat file into the folder contains the wallet file of "Groestlcoin Core version v2.13.3", after rebooting the application, the amount of grs has been displayed in the "Balances" section, but when doing the transaction is not unsuccessful. Now I do not know what to do ? Thank you very much for your help.

You can try these 2 methods:

1. Close wallet.
Start wallet with this added parameters in command line: -rescan -reindex

2. Keep copy safe of your wallet.dat from 2014
Delete %appdata%\Groestlcoin
Place 2014 wallet.dat in that folder
Then start groestlcoin core 2.13.3 and let it sync

PGP fingerprint: 287A E4CA 1187 C68C 08B4  9CB2 D11B D4F3 3F1D B499
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bonanzacoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:50:50 PM

Tbh, like many have said, the technology behind the blockchain is the future not the actual crytocurrencies themselves. Cryptocurrencies will keep rising in the short term, but eventually there will be a MASSIVE drop....perhaps even to zero. This is almost certain to occur in my opinion.

Governments have 2 tools to maintain economic stability, monetary and fiscal policy. If bitcoin was to become more important than fiat currency, then the gov loses it's monetary policy- this will NEVER happen, it is too important.

Governments don't have to outright ban cryptocurrencies, they merely have to release a state endorsed digital currency regulated by the central bank. This renders private currencies void....

Only currencies that make active uses of the blockchain technology for services eg Ethereum/Lisk will survive. Most of the growth in alt coins is sheer speculation nothing else.

such a clueless post. Oh right, a noob...

Giving an insult is easy, anyone can do that. An intelligent answer that actually analyses the facts in objective detail is much harder to do. I doubt you are capable of that.

Dont know what u want to say?
If tommorow everybody sold there gold because nobody want it the price wil drop

If tommorow the cumcumbers are hard to get de price wil go up

Good job you are so smart that there wil be a correction, that how it works it doenst matter if it crypto of what the fack else

I invest is groestl because i like the coin , the team
And I believe in it and only the community can make this coin great

You "invest" in Groestlcoin just like everyone else because we are all speculators. No one is buying GRS because they are using it as a currency, virtually everyone is purely buying for speculative/investment purposes.

As a real currency what is GRS, or any crypto really worth? A store of value you cannot spend is worth nothing.

The difference between Gold and GRS is that Gold has a number of physical uses in industry/jewellry. Just say people stopped buying Gold for investment purposes, it could still be used for other means and would keep a decent percentage of value. Like all tradable metals, they have other uses apart from a store of value- and for those exact reasons make them an ideal store of value because players in the market know they have a demand!

For atleast a couple of years cryptos will keep on rising. Alot of money could potentially be made. All I am saying is that be ready for the government crackdown when it occurs. Take atleast some profit and put it into a fiat instrument.

i partially agree  with you, because... people can still choose between, if it happens, a crypto that government gives out or decentralised crypto....
Jekwizor

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:16:08 AM

Best iOS wallet for GRS (my opinions)

Background: I have been using a GRS wallet on my iPhone for a while now, and have been using groestlwallet because that was the first wallet I found. Just recently I discovered GroestlPay which I was positivley suprised with it, so I thought I’d make a quick rundown of my impressions of both.

Btw, good job getting Apple approval of the coin and wallet, that does not seem to be an easy process.
https://medium.com/@4pplet/best-ios-wallet-for-grs-my-opinions-950ef887f13b
coins1234

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:35:40 PM

Tbh, like many have said, the technology behind the blockchain is the future not the actual crytocurrencies themselves. Cryptocurrencies will keep rising in the short term, but eventually there will be a MASSIVE drop....perhaps even to zero. This is almost certain to occur in my opinion.

Governments have 2 tools to maintain economic stability, monetary and fiscal policy. If bitcoin was to become more important than fiat currency, then the gov loses it's monetary policy- this will NEVER happen, it is too important.

Governments don't have to outright ban cryptocurrencies, they merely have to release a state endorsed digital currency regulated by the central bank. This renders private currencies void....

Only currencies that make active uses of the blockchain technology for services eg Ethereum/Lisk will survive. Most of the growth in alt coins is sheer speculation nothing else.

Giving an insult is easy, anyone can do that. An intelligent answer that actually analyses the facts in objective detail is much harder to do. I doubt you are capable of that.

Good job you are so smart that there wil be a correction, that how it works it doenst matter if it crypto of what the fack else

You "invest" in Groestlcoin just like everyone else because we are all speculators. No one is buying GRS because they are using it as a currency, virtually everyone is purely buying for speculative/investment purposes.

As a real currency what is GRS, or any crypto really worth? A store of value you cannot spend is worth nothing.

The difference between Gold and GRS is that Gold has a number of physical uses in industry/jewellry. Just say people stopped buying Gold for investment purposes, it could still be used for other means and would keep a decent percentage of value. Like all tradable metals, they have other uses apart from a store of value- and for those exact reasons make them an ideal store of value because players in the market know they have a demand!

For atleast a couple of years cryptos will keep on rising. Alot of money could potentially be made. All I am saying is that be ready for the government crackdown when it occurs. Take atleast some profit and put it into a fiat instrument.

i partially agree  with you, because... people can still choose between, if it happens, a crypto that government gives out or decentralised crypto....

The point is, the idea behind cryptos is that they are self sustaining. You pay for services in virtual coin, you are paid in virtual coin etc. They are legal tender. Fiat is eventually wiped out.

If you are still thinking in terms of fiat, whilst purchasing bitcoin, you missed the point of it. The ideology is that Bitcoin will become enough on it's own and doesn't need to be valued in dollars.

Most governments are happy to let this industry evolve because of the technologies that will become available through it. Blockchain has massive potential for the future, but there is no way they are going to let it take over the monetary system. Cryptos will effectively be banned by the gov, and the effect on their prices will be sudden and dramatic. Most will go to zero, except for a couple that promote the blockchain platforms that enable developers to utilise and promote the environment, eg ethereum/lisk.

Like i said previously, a store of value alone is worth nothing if it has no monetary value. Without the ability to spend virtual currency, it is worthless.

GRS/Bitcoin will indefinitely remain a purely speculative instrument for risky investors nothing more or less.
luckydt

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:34:06 PM

I am using "Groestlcoin Core version v2.13.3" and "wallet.dat" backed up from 2014. After installing "Groestlcoin Core version v2.13.3" and finished syncing, I copied wallet.dat file into the folder contains the wallet file of "Groestlcoin Core version v2.13.3", after rebooting the application, the amount of grs has been displayed in the "Balances" section, but when doing the transaction is not unsuccessful. Now I do not know what to do ? Thank you very much for your help.

You can try these 2 methods:

1. Close wallet.
Start wallet with this added parameters in command line: -rescan -reindex

2. Keep copy safe of your wallet.dat from 2014
Delete %appdata%\Groestlcoin
Place 2014 wallet.dat in that folder
Then start groestlcoin core 2.13.3 and let it sync

I made the transaction in the 2nd way. Thank you very much
Bonanzacoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:26:08 PM

The point is, the idea behind cryptos is that they are self sustaining. You pay for services in virtual coin, you are paid in virtual coin etc. They are legal tender. Fiat is eventually wiped out.

If you are still thinking in terms of fiat, whilst purchasing bitcoin, you missed the point of it. The ideology is that Bitcoin will become enough on it's own and doesn't need to be valued in dollars.

Most governments are happy to let this industry evolve because of the technologies that will become available through it. Blockchain has massive potential for the future, but there is no way they are going to let it take over the monetary system. Cryptos will effectively be banned by the gov, and the effect on their prices will be sudden and dramatic. Most will go to zero, except for a couple that promote the blockchain platforms that enable developers to utilise and promote the environment, eg ethereum/lisk.

Like i said previously, a store of value alone is worth nothing if it has no monetary value. Without the ability to spend virtual currency, it is worthless.

GRS/Bitcoin will indefinitely remain a purely speculative instrument for risky investors nothing more or less.

thats why i dont have much btc and "coins" cause i dont believe in it, but who knows. Though i do believe in utility tokens and platforms and thats where most of my money is.
rakec
Copper Member

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:30:31 AM

GRS is a great coin. It have lots of options that others dont have.
The only thing they should focus in this moment is marketing.
The more people know about it, the more will buy it...
bitcoin2daMoon

Activity: 68
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:23:11 AM

GRS is going up a lot today. I was at a loss for a long time and now in profits. Yay!
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:54:48 AM

Best iOS wallet for GRS (my opinions)

Background: I have been using a GRS wallet on my iPhone for a while now, and have been using groestlwallet because that was the first wallet I found. Just recently I discovered GroestlPay which I was positivley suprised with it, so I thought I’d make a quick rundown of my impressions of both.

Btw, good job getting Apple approval of the coin and wallet, that does not seem to be an easy process.
https://medium.com/@4pplet/best-ios-wallet-for-grs-my-opinions-950ef887f13b

Thanks, Jek. Have re-posted this at Groestlcoin.org: https://groestlcoin.org/forum/index.php?board=1.0
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:57:17 AM

The only thing they should focus in this moment is marketing.
The more people know about it, the more will buy it...

Hey, rakec. Yes, we shall. 2018 will be The Big Year for GRS, and for cryptos in general.
Temporel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:32:21 PM

problem is the devs... It could have been a great coin...
cvdesty

Activity: 512
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:27:38 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 03:52:43 AM by cvdesty

problem is the devs... It could have been a great coin...

You are obviously trying to create FUD to get the price to go lower so you can buy in cheaper. We aren't going to fall for it.
wishxy

Activity: 474
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 03:32:01 AM

Wow this coin is sky rocketing. Any reason?
konigilya

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:46:14 AM

Feeling great HODLING! Go Vertcoin's way! 5$ soon Cheesy
Invested a lot since very beginning and today's jump made me happy.

Using mobile wallet- this is the best software ever. Ultra secured and has perfect UI! I recommend!
Kolozza

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:56:58 PM

Hello to all GRS community members.

I've joined GRS with a small investment very recently when we had 0,6$ on price. I'm happy to see it growing now and have no intention of pump&dumping my investment.

I come from stock and forex background, and even though there are similarities, this looks like a very different "game".

Mostly prefer alt coins, but only developed ones. I stay away from ICO's due to high volatility (Basically, something that is AT LEAST on Cryptopia). I like regular growth, and higher highs.

When looking to select a new coin to buy, I look at the graph (I'm a price action guy, and trend-signal hunter) but I also like looking into the developers, typical criteria like many, I look into the devs, the roadmap, community & exposure, the technology behind it, and why not, I even check the quality of the website. Underdogs are my favorite type, (who doesnt) but those are hard to find. A diamond in the dirt, something undervalued.

Now GroestlCoin (name that I actually like) ticked many boxes for me so I jumped straight in, and Id like to grow with it. I started mining too, even tho I have no decent rig (just my NVIDIA card that is somewhat ok, gets me 22-24MHs) but Im 100% sure Id like to look into mining more even though im more into investing.

NOW about GRS:

- These days we've seen some growths, probably first it was dragged by BitCoin rally, like all other coins and after that we broke the All time high in the $graph, we still have a resistante in the BTC/GRS graph so that might move it a bit. I must confess that I've been off the screen these days and only checking price, but If Im not mistaken, Groestl quick mobile pay might have brought the attention for the price rise break out.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the main reason I say that this is not like FOREX for me, and probably more like regular STOCKS, is that hype is a great factor. The corrections we suffer here are very small (usually on Forex I wouldve dumped the pair and exited at some point before correction) But here, once we break the AllTimeHigh, attention is on us, once we get on the coinmarketcap weekly top gainers, hype is on, and people start to jump in. Maybe thats why people talk about "moon moon" so much, a term I hate btw. But the effect is in someway true.

So yes, Im happy for the growth, and I intend on keeping my GRS for a long time while investing separately in some other coins. I like the community and I hope that this thread will be interesting and informative. I got kicked from the Telegram group of GRS (still on the news Channel), not sure if I broke some rule or I was just being too openly aggresive. But honestly I'm not sad, because people on their mobile phones, dont seem to give enough thought to what they say, and basically it was all about people hyping eachother up just saying "moon moon" , "10$,20$,40$,100$ in 2018" but not giving any useful or enlightening information/data or not even giving the slightest elaboration on their VERY optimistic views, so yeah I jumped on their necks with a "WHY?". I still believe being hostile was bad, so sorry for that DEVS. But Forums are way better, I believe. And I'd like to be a good positive member of this one.(Hopefully)

Anyway, sorry for the long post, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community! HELLO ALL!

Nick

rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 07:20:16 PM

Hello.

Welcome and I really liked your post. Indeed Groestlcoin has very interesting characteristics and rare in crypto currencies.

- Decentralized
- Fair launch
- POW (so secure)
- Very good development team
- The first activated segwit
- Lightening network and atomic swap very soon

These crypto currencies have great potential!

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
TRexMcStubyArms

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:30:13 AM

Welcome Kolozza!

Man it's been an exciting last couple of days.  Great gains that the coin deserves.  Onwards!
Telescopium

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Diamond good coin

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:15:52 AM

Who pumps GRS? What is the point to keep the coin does not bring the owner any income? Just wait for the pump and sell.  Smiley

Kolozza

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:00:35 PM

Who pumps GRS? What is the point to keep the coin does not bring the owner any income? Just wait for the pump and sell.  Smiley

There are all types of "investors", and it all comes down to short term/ long term (your timeframe) and some of these are of course speculative traders, like you seem to be. I am one too sometimes. But I believe that there are much better instruments for that purpose, because mainly, what you need is BIG liquidity and daily movement (volatility), FOREX is my choice for that, but also some commodities are good.

I chose cryptocurrency and specially altcoins, for a long term investment, you can actually see big returns 200%,300,500. These numbers are very real, because it's the new thing, everyone is looking to jump on and have the fear to miss out, so hype is strong. That for me is a great way of buying cent coins and looking into 1-2 dollar marks. 

So in response to you, you could consider foolish to not pump and dump alt coins, but I myself come from 6 years of investing in forex and thanks to big leverage and no need of big capital, you can be a intraday trader and pump and dump multiple times during the day, or even on 3 different market times, europe, US and Asian. I've done pretty well doing so, but it's quite stressing too. So for the purpose of investing, I believe that those of us who are here for that reason, wont be dissapointed, lose or win. But for someone who is looking for speculation and fast in & out operations, there are better instruments for that, I'm 100% sure. Just looking at the volumes you have on cryptocurrencies would be an absolute deal breaker for me, as a intraday or swingtrading speculator, so I don't really see your critic here, but I could very well see some strong down points on your gameplan here.

But anyway, who are we t judge what others decide to do with their money. What I do see wrong, in any way is to consider that investment should give you income. The word income has no place here I believe. These are investments, they should not be what is supposed to put food on my plate. Don't get me wrong, I do want to have return on my investment, but calling it income just sounds wrong.

Cheers!
vchun7091

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:26:43 PM

Hello.

Welcome and I really liked your post. Indeed Groestlcoin has very interesting characteristics and rare in crypto currencies.

- Decentralized
- Fair launch
- POW (so secure)
- Very good development team
- The first activated segwit
- Lightening network and atomic swap very soon

These crypto currencies have great potential!

Very good info and I am looking forward to be part of the group and own tons of GC...
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: