Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:31:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 12:33:50 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 08:16:30 PM by axismundi

This thread is no longer updated, please see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1131250.0

CARBONCOIN [CARBON]: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency

Cryptocurrency, clear conscience

Logo w/ font

Logo competition thread: Congratulations to Ckybe!

A significant barrier to investment in cryptocurrencies is the damage that they cause to the environment. So why not support the one which will change this? Why not go further and support the one that is committed to solving the problem of soaring emissions which affects all of us?

CARBONCOIN.CC

FORUM:

CARBONCOINTALK.ORG

Currently OVER 600M coins have been donated by the community to help the environment in the hands of UK Charity, The Carboncoin Trust, this is nearly 4% of our total circulation and we are looking to increase this.

We have 2 other wallets for donations for development and distribution, all of which are well stocked for our other initiatives

All of our donations are gifted from members of the community and none as a result of any premine

Accept Carboncoin, to help us help the environment at no cost to you:

We are an open-source, community-focused, democratically-managed cryptocurrency for our initial distribution based on the Scrypt algorithm, put to use helping the environment and the ever increasing threat posed by greenhouse gas emissions and climate change.

Carboncoin has a very rapid half-life initially and this serves to discourage large multipool miners until most of the coins are in circulation, keeping the hashrate low and enabling operations to remain relatively green, even with our Scrypt PoW base. We are also implementing other custom security functionality used in the best proof of stake coins giving us a secure transaction medium, even at low hashrates.

Development timeline: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=628536

(no longer being updated, due to the existence of copycats - information is readily available to members of the community who hold coins, please pm for more details)

The Carboncoin Trust is the name of the legal entity which we use for managing our environmental operations outside of cryptocurrencies - these are mainly focused on planting biodiverse forestry however other methods of lowering emissions/sequestration are being considered

100% of the funds released from converted donations will be going directly to planting trees or other natural sequestration projects

For our first project, The Carboncoin Forest, we have found land and planning for the planting of over a million saplings between the UK and the US. We want this to be the first of an exponentially increasing number of projects supporting thee environment and reducing the proportion of Carbon Dioxide and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

It is still possible to pool mine carboncoin please message if you want to help out. Solo mining instructions can be found over on carboncointalk.org

The blockchain and rich list can be seen at: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/carbon/

as well as carbonchain.info

Exchanges:
https://swisscex.com - BTC LTC
https://coins-e.com - BTC
https://comkort.com - BTC LTC DOGE
https://allcrypt.com - BTC LTC DOGE

Follow us on Twitter:

@truecarboncoin

Like us on Facebook:

Carboncoin

Source: https://github.com/carboncointrust/Carboncoincore

PLEASE DOWNLOAD MAC/WIN WALLET FROM CARBONCOIN.CC

There is also an android wallet available from the homepage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:00:25 PM

Good Luck with the Re-Launch.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 01:08:25 PM

Good Luck with the Re-Launch.

Thank you! All we need is one decent sized donor to come along and offset the carbon footprint of their favourite cryptocurrency and then we should be off to the races. Just talking to a second site in the US where there is space for over a million trees!

maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:23:14 PM

So this is a relaunch? What do you base the CARB price on for the trees? The price at cryptorush is lower than 1M CARB for 0.015BTC.

Also, do you have any proof you are actually planting trees? What are the locations (google maps link?)? You photo with the poles seems photoshopped to me.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 01:37:19 PM

So this is a relaunch? What do you base the CARB price on for the trees? The price at cryptorush is lower than 1M CARB for 0.015BTC.

Also, do you have any proof you are actually planting trees? What are the locations (google maps link?)? You photo with the poles seems photoshopped to me.

Thank you for your questions. The estate for the first planting does not wish me to disclose the location but I can confirm it is in Hampshire in the United Kingdom. We are in a rare position where we can plant trees which will be left to live for as long as they do on the site, without having to go to the expense of purchasing land and getting planning permission to do so, which would be both costly and time consuming.

When you say the image looks photoshopped what do you mean exactly? Having taken the photograph myself a fortnight ago I am eager to understand what you have spotted.

The price I have for planting a tree is in fiat money is the price in BTC and LTC give or take some small price fluctuations. Any donations in CARB will not be sold at current price levels. The discount is to stimulate purchase and trading of Carboncoin. Carboncoin is carbon neutral already because of the saplings you can see in the image. We would prefer to receive donations in Carboncoin.

I have other images and these are posted on the websites which I would thank you to take a look at.

I hope this goes some way to addressing your concerns and appreciate your interest.

AM

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 01:56:57 PM

P.S. This is a relaunch and Carboncoin to date has been produced at a very low network hashrate because of the story behind it, which you can also read on the site. It is hoped that we can really do some good addressing the issue of the emissions caused by the whole industry. If we raise enough to complete this phase of the project, the second one opening up as previously mentioned involves more than 1M trees, in Wyoming, USA and there will be many more sites. The opportunity exists here to make the entire industry carbon neutral and I very much want to see, and make, it happen.

maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:21:20 PM

Thank you for your questions. The estate for the first planting does not wish me to disclose the location but I can confirm it is in Hampshire in the United Kingdom. We are in a rare position where we can plant trees which will be left to live for as long as they do on the site, without having to go to the expense of purchasing land and getting planning permission to do so, which would be both costly and time consuming.

When you say the image looks photoshopped what do you mean exactly? Having taken the photograph myself a fortnight ago I am eager to understand what you have spotted.

The price I have for planting a tree is in fiat money is the price in BTC and LTC give or take some small price fluctuations. Any donations in CARB will not be sold at current price levels. The discount is to stimulate purchase and trading of Carboncoin. Carboncoin is carbon neutral already because of the saplings you can see in the image. We would prefer to receive donations in Carboncoin.

I have other images and these are posted on the websites which I would thank you to take a look at.

I hope this goes some way to addressing your concerns and appreciate your interest.

AM

Why would they not want you to disclose the location?

What I mean by photoshopped? Maybe it's just that the lighting seems off, but I can't really say what it is specifically. It is clear however that you have been doing something with photoshop, when comparing the images from your two websites:

Also, I've seen many planted forests, and in general these are made up of nice straight lines, to ensure optimized spacing between the trees. In your image many of the trees are much to close to each other to be able to grow.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 02:56:24 PM

They dont want the site disclosed because they dont want people to feel like they can just turn up and visit, I assume. This will not be an issue with some subsequent sites, but I feel finding this one to get things started has been quite a significant achievement!

My apologies about the colourisation - that was an artistic touch done by one of the team - but does not affect the accuracy of the trees or the validity of the image. The bottom one (and the one originally posted in this thread) is pretty much as shot fyi.

Now, I am going to be slightly firm with you here regarding your suggestion (insult) that the trees have been planted too close together to be able to grow and not in straight lines.

Firstly, can you let me know what experience you have of professional forestry?

It is much better for trees to be planted not in straight lines, the spacing is the key thing. Heard of up and down ploughing? Primary school geography... Same principle just bigger.

These trees have been planted in accordance with the density guidelines of the Forestry Commission by a professional in the field (yes! Smiley ).

The second thing is, how on earth can you profess to know the spacing of the trees from a photograph taken near horizontally? You absolutely can't. The trees, which I was comfortably standing amongst and walking through, are all over one metre apart. Have you something against what we are trying to do here? Strikes me with this you are being a little too skeptical.

What is it in particular you are finding hard to believe? It's good to know so that I can address this as a matter of urgency.

As a side note I would be grateful for any suggestions you may have of material ideas for helping the environment and cleaning up the atmosphere and then perhaps we can look to getting those actioned

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 03:16:16 PM

Ah @Maardein you have given me a good idea: Anyone who donates over 10BTC or equivalent can come and be shown round our first site in the UK by myself and some of the team.

It is not much more than an hour away from London. I am also happy to have a skype conversation with anyone thinking of donating any significant amount so you can be sure this is for real.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:18:40 PM

I think this idea could be massive!! As many BCTers wld say - Reserved

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 04:28:06 PM

I think this idea could be massive!! As many BCTers wld say - Reserved

Thank you I really hope so! Have just come up with a slightly clever thing to do on Monday to get the message out there, and also a few small additions to the websites.

Keep an eye out here and on twitter

Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:36:05 PM

Ah @Maardein you have given me a good idea: Anyone who donates over 10BTC or equivalent can come and be shown round our first site in the UK by myself and some of the team.

It is not much more than an hour away from London. I am also happy to have a skype conversation with anyone thinking of donating any significant amount so you can be sure this is for real.

Good idea! some impartial proof of site will be needed!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:50:57 PM

Good idea! some impartial proof of site will be needed!!

Yes well it exists and it's actually happening so no problem. As I said happy to talk to anyone personally before any donation is made.

We currently have 37M Carboncoin in the donation wallet!

Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:40:52 PM

How many Carbon exist today?? I know its 16 billion total supply, but now?? im shit at maths

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:44:14 PM

How many Carbon exist today?? I know its 16 billion total supply, but now?? im shit at maths

28832 * 150000 = approximately 4.324.800.000 or around 27% of total supply

murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:56:04 PM

Great relaunch. Community rulez ok!!!

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:03:03 PM

You should have have a place where all altcoin and btc are listed and when someone donates to the fund they can say its towards the coin of their choice. Then anyone can come and see how each coin is doing as far as ofsetting their carbon footprint.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:16:39 PM

You should have have a place where all altcoin and btc are listed and when someone donates to the fund they can say its towards the coin of their choice. Then anyone can come and see how each coin is doing as far as ofsetting their carbon footprint.

Ten points that man! Way ahead of you though... Smiley
I am just working on my method of calculating the carbon footprints of different coins (have it for 5 coins so far). That's what I am hoping to have ready on the website on Monday. People can donate and nominate a coin as it stands at the moment (as it says at the top of this thread) - it will all be included in the tables when they are done.

ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:42:13 PM

donated a mil carboncoins.

Love the idea of a tree being planted on my behalf. Keep up the good work!
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:15:51 PM

Ok, I am NOT saying this is a scam. But it sure looks like one to me. The photo looks fake. There is no reason to hide where the trees are???

Also, if you are making a coin thats supposed to be good for the environment,  why on earth would you choose PoW??

Is escrow able to be used?

If this is not a scam, then I would put some thought into making this seem more credible, as you have a great concept here. You may get my support, if lets just say the trees are not in some secret location lol.

Im not posting this to be mean. Im hoping you are for real as this IS a great idea.  Im saying this because if im thinking this, others will too. And I want this to work. The way you are currently presenting this you are going to receive a very limited amount of support IMO

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: