Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:11:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:50:42 PM

Get all the information you need on Cryptorush here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=529779.0
Very, very much a crappy exchange which has caused a lot of damage to both Blackcoin and Zeitcoin due to their incompetence. Please, for the love of all that is worth loving, do not pursue efforts to get us listed on that exchange!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ayle56

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:53:10 PM

why is cryptorush starting to look dodgy?

Because of the black coin fiasco it just had. The details are sketchy but something went badly wrong. Some people are claiming they were hacked through a black coin POS bug, and others say they just had massive problems because of a DDOS attack.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:58:45 PM

Because of the black coin fiasco it just had. The details are sketchy but something went badly wrong. Some people are claiming they were hacked through a black coin POS bug, and others say they just had massive problems because of a DDOS attack.

Neither one of those are true. The root issue is with the software that CR uses. It was a known problem that happens with POS coins. It happened before with two coins (can't recall which ones, but read the thread that I posted the link to), then it happened with Zeitcoin, and then Blackcoin. In every instance, the CR team immediately blamed the coin devs and said they (CR) were not responsible for refunding those who lost coins. The Zeit thing basically got swept under the rug because it is a relatively new coin that is still low valued. But when it happened to Blackcoin, shit hit the fan! Read the pastebins of the chat sessions between the CR team and the Blackcoin dev. It will blow your mind!

I will say it again. DO NOT TRY TO GET US LISTED ON THIS EXCHANGE!!!

axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:19:11 PM

We've been listed on that exchange since the beginning Steve, and I will just say I have had no trouble with them. Having only one exchange has provided us with considerable difficulties with sell orders stacking up creating a roof over the market though and in light of recent troubles it is difficult to see that they will get a large inflow of BTC or LTC for the next while. Perhaps these troubles will incentivise a secondary market forming in Carboncoin, and also enable the destruction of some of those sell walls. As previously requested we need people to state our case to other exchanges, work out protocol regarding voting if there is one or otherwise contact the owners directly.

If you could all individually ask the BCT admin to redirect the old carboncoin threads to here so google searchers can be up to date with the community and dont all land on the only active pool on that thread that would be very helpful.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:44:03 PM

They were DDoS'd massively, at the same time (probably) the same hacker exploited a vulnerability in how their service handled PoS coins. They must have done something to annoy someone in the darkweb and have been the subject of a huge multilevel attack. Nasty business and now the liquidity rumours flying around mean that the world and his wife will pull their BTC and LTC and this is the fastest way to cause an exchange to go under.

It is not in the interests of an exchange to house a currency that is easily forked, i.e. a startup currency, as transactions can be double spent and a hole dug very easily.

This is one of the reasons why a coin network that is already a 51% risk will not normally be taken on by the larger exchanges, and the main reason why we need to get on the case with hashrapid, who hasn't got back to me yet after finally responding last night for the first time.

If we can get the BCT admin to redirect the old thread (which comes up at the top on google search) then all new miners will come through to the current page and can be directed to a pool with less than 40% mining share. I requested that yesterday and it looks like the response has not been favourable (this thread is nowhere to be found on the search today).

The block bonus in the code gives the more simple-minded in the community a perceived advantage to sitting on the largest pool. Anyone thinking they are benefiting from doing this is an utter amateur.

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:30:35 PM

I didn't know we were already listed on Cryptorush, AM. They are bad news man. Did you read the chat logs that were posted in the thread I linked? The guy who "owns" 60% stake in the company making threats of extortion, bodily harm and death against the Blackcoin devs was so incredibly unprofessional. There were even times after the Blackcoin fiasco hit the fan that people affected were trying to get on chat sessions with the CR devs to find out what was going on and they were answered with vulgarity, dismissive attitudes and threats as well. The CR devs were complaining about how busy they were, while at the same time playing online video games. The whole thing just screams of a very unprofessional exchange ran by a group of immature man-childs.

I agree with you, we need to get on another exchange or two, and fast! Give me some ideas on how to get us listed on other exchanges without resorting to having to pay for votes (which I am completely against) and I will do whatever I can.

MarkDansie

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:16:53 AM

CryptoRush is up and running again, but the Carbon coin has gone and is offline...along with millions of coins (4 million of mine).
Perhaps given they are the only exchange we have an inquiry be made of has something happened to the coin itself?
Kind Regards
Mark
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 11:42:24 AM

CryptoRush is up and running again, but the Carbon coin has gone and is offline...along with millions of coins (4 million of mine).
Perhaps given they are the only exchange we have an inquiry be made of has something happened to the coin itself?
Kind Regards
Mark

It is online? Of course nothing has happened to the coin itself. Do you understand how damaging it is having an open question such as this left here for any length of time? Perhaps worth contacting me with a private message for such questions in the future. The network and coin are fine. If anyone has a Mac and would like me to put their coins into storage in a separate wallet until we get a Mac wallet developed you are welcome to contact me for that too.

If anyone would like to get a secure online wallet service off the ground that would be a great idea for when we start going after publicity too.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:20:46 PM

Coinedup have added Carboncoin!!!!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 04:11:49 PM

Yes they have! For goodness sake don't stack up sell orders. If you think that is a good idea you need to take a long hard look at yourself

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 04:38:41 PM

We have been tweeting at them for some time. Coinedup to the rescue!

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:45:03 PM

To mine coins you have to turn off your PC for a certain amount of time based on the greenhouse well difficulty rating.

MarkDansie

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:56:04 PM

The exchange has had many coins taken including their bit coin wallet emptied. I have been trying for over 12 hours to get my bitcoin out. This has been well reported in the media.
Kind Regards
Mark

It is online? Of course nothing has happened to the coin itself. Do you understand how damaging it is having an open question such as this left here for any length of time? Perhaps worth contacting me with a private message for such questions in the future. The network and coin are fine. If anyone has a Mac and would like me to put their coins into storage in a separate wallet until we get a Mac wallet developed you are welcome to contact me for that too.

If anyone would like to get a secure online wallet service off the ground that would be a great idea for when we start going after publicity too.
[/quote]
ortchi

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:01:28 PM

New pool

http://coin-base.info/carboncoin/

1% POOL FEE
Payoutsystem prop
only 120 confirms
dynamic Stratum 2-1024
Stratumport 3382
Getworkport 8382

8 core cpu
16 GB RAM
2 x 256 GB SSD
Serverplace france

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:27:34 PM

To mine coins you have to turn off your PC for a certain amount of time based on the greenhouse well difficulty rating.

Don't quit your day job chief  Smiley

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:39:12 PM

The exchange has had many coins taken including their bit coin wallet emptied. I have been trying for over 12 hours to get my bitcoin out. This has been well reported in the media.
Kind Regards
Mark

[/quote]

Hi Mark,

I am very sorry if you have suffered a BTC loss. I myself managed to most of my altcoins off there yesterday and today, and never held any BTC there. I dont think your CARB are in any danger.

I have had access intermittantly today, but now looks like they are upgrading so might be a while before they are back up again.

They have been being DDoS'd viciously for days now, the fuckers who are responsible dont realise they just hurt everyone in the community by doing this.

I hope you do not lose a lot.

Best

AM

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:40:33 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 01:38:02 PM by axismundi

New pool

http://coin-base.info/carboncoin/

1% POOL FEE
Payoutsystem prop
only 120 confirms
dynamic Stratum 2-1024
Stratumport 3382
Getworkport 8382

8 core cpu
16 GB RAM
2 x 256 GB SSD
Serverplace france

Great stuff, added to thread! Welcome!

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:04:34 PM

Mac wallet compiled but w 2 errors. We are nearly ready to hit the mainstream!

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:28:55 PM

I agree with you, we need to get on another exchange or two, and fast! Give me some ideas on how to get us listed on other exchanges without resorting to having to pay for votes (which I am completely against) and I will do whatever I can.

Hi Steve and anyone else who wants to help please join me in contacting the owner of poloniex, busoni, either directly or on the poloniex thread to request that he add Carboncoin for the work we are doing to help the environment. Anyone wishing to go above and beyond the call of duty can also email poloniex@gmail.com, which is how they suggest you go about getting a coin listed, on their home page.

Anyone who can provide evidence of direct contact with them, via email, pm or otherwise will stand in good stead of being added to the honours roll.

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:32:16 PM

I'll send some emails when I get home from work.  Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: