Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:39:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:24:24 AM

Carboncoin has now been added to:

https://www.miningpool.co

Vardiff Stratum
1% Fee (0.01 % fee until April 10th)
5 Minute Payouts

Happy Mining  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seoanalyzer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:22:21 AM

Hi, Sell 4,781,901 carbon for 0,04781 btc, pm. Wink
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:33:21 AM

asking for donations for a scrypt clone ? under the pretense of carbon neutrality ?

ok then lol

explain to me how scrypt mining like any other scrypt coin is better for the environment ?
this coin makes things worse actually by wasting electricity.

and i am wasting my time with this clone bs..

edit:

have a look at who registered the domain(s) ..i guess they were busy spending the time since Mar 15th premining lol

Domain ID:D8216290-AFIN
Domain Name:CARBON-CO.IN
Created On:13-Mar-2014 14:59:32 UTC
Last Updated On:13-Mar-2014 15:01:37 UTC
Expiration Date:13-Mar-2015 14:59:32 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R101-AFIN)
Registrant ID:CR163096865
Registrant Name:Oliver Wasser
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street1:6263 Chemin Hillsdale
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Montreal
Registrant State/Province:Quebec
Registrant Postal Code:H3S 2M8
Registrant Country:CA
Registrant Phone:+1.5145075287
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:ollywass@hotmail.com
Admin ID:CR163096867
Admin Name:Oliver Wasser
Admin Organization:
Admin Street1:6263 Chemin Hillsdale
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Montreal
Admin State/Province:Quebec
Admin Postal Code:H3S 2M8
Admin Country:CA
Admin Phone:+1.5145075287
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:ollywass@hotmail.com
Tech ID:CR163096866
Tech Name:Oliver Wasser
Tech Organization:
Tech Street1:6263 Chemin Hillsdale
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Montreal
Tech State/Province:Quebec
Tech Postal Code:H3S 2M8
Tech Country:CA
Tech Phone:+1.5145075287
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:ollywass@hotmail.com
Name Server:NS1.HOSTPAPA.COM
Name Server:NS2.HOSTPAPA.COM
DNSSEC:Unsigned

FUD first & ask questions later™
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:51:31 AM

asking for donations for a scrypt clone ? under the pretense of carbon neutrality ?

ok then lol

explain to me how scrypt mining like any other scrypt coin is better for the environment ?

edit:

have a look at who registered the domain(s) ..i guess they were busy spending the time since Mar 15th premining lol

Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Admin Organization:
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Tech Organization:
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:

Blah blah blah blah blah... Look at me! I'm Spoetnik! Here to spam up yet another thread! You guess they were busy spending the time since March 15th premining? Premining in March a coin that was launched February 14th? Now that is a neat trick!! Move along, your opinions are not needed or wanted here. Go find another thread to spew your hate and discontent in.

ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:58:43 AM

Ok, i'm fairly green focused, i care about the environment. I also love crypto so this is perfect.

I've had a go at redesigning the coin logo as i don't think what we have at the moment really encapsulates what Carboncoin has now become.

I've made it simple and clean, just like the currency. It works both large and very small. and i've given it a gloss/shine over the top so it's not too flat

Thoughts? opinions?

ilccoin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:49:30 PM

great. greenwashing. that is going to fix it in the long run.

CemQJWb3qA3DKsUV8nyfkgRe57zEKgmUm7
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:18:13 PM

ok then lol

edit:

Domain ID:

Do your research properly, there is no pretense. I am not responsible for the registration of that website either so maybe remove that information. Also maybe look at the original thread and try and find that developer if you are bored.

You will see that I was not responsible for making this a scrypt clone if you actually look into it.

Also I might add I am hoping to hard fork to a new sort of PoS, (a version of which I was planning to release before I got involved in this), once we have hit various sites such as marketcap and got onto some large switching mining pools - i feel it is important that we get that far before the switch though.

The other thing we are doing is quantifying the carbon footprints of all (as many as we can) other cryptocurrencies from the blockchains of those currencies using fair-to-conservative approximations, and THEN giving all of them a cost effective way in which they can start to repair the damage they have done. Raising awareness at the same time having a clear environmental conscience from the off. Rig miners are going to mine something, and that is a devil incarnated by people you probably wouldn't dream of being a prick to.

Are your development skills any more convincing than your manners because you are welcome to get in touch and help out, there are a few things in the project I am working on which could do with some coding prowess, that is if you are any more than a hobbyist... it is unclear.

Asking for donations firstly to plant trees, and then separately to get help with tasks, is not something I am going to apologise for. I was briefly tempted to spend my time trawling through all of your previous posts on this forum looking for some hint to your location to then broadcast it far and wide, but I didn't because I was suddenly bowled over by an enormous wave of indifference

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:23:42 PM

great. greenwashing. that is going to fix it in the long run.

Perhaps you'd find your messages were conveyed more efficiently if you used something other than punctuated fragments. There is no greenwashing going on here, there is a story backed by an enormous carbon offsetting project. Thanks for your interest though.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:31:51 PM

Ok, i'm fairly green focused, i care about the environment. I also love crypto so this is perfect.

I've had a go at redesigning the coin logo as i don't think what we have at the moment really encapsulates what Carboncoin has now become.

I've made it simple and clean, just like the currency. It works both large and very small. and i've given it a gloss/shine over the top so it's not too flat

Thoughts? opinions?

I really like this as an idea and we could easily adapt the theme on the website to reflect this - as there is a bit of a disconnection between the current coin and the project itself. Anyone else got any other suggestions/sketches/ideas? I think we could certainly put a new image to a vote in the next few days.

Like what you've done with the inverted diamond in the tree too! Clever!

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:12:54 PM

Do your research properly, there is no pretense. I am not responsible for the registration of that website either so maybe remove that information. Also maybe look at the original thread and try and find that developer if you are bored.

You will see that I was not responsible for making this a scrypt clone if you actually look into it.

Also I might add I am hoping to hard fork to a new sort of PoS, (a version of which I was planning to release before I got involved in this), once we have hit various sites such as marketcap and got onto some large switching mining pools - i feel it is important that we get that far before the switch though.

The other thing we are doing is quantifying the carbon footprints of all (as many as we can) other cryptocurrencies from the blockchains of those currencies using fair-to-conservative approximations, and THEN giving all of them a cost effective way in which they can start to repair the damage they have done. Raising awareness at the same time having a clear environmental conscience from the off. Rig miners are going to mine something, and that is a devil incarnated by people you probably wouldn't dream of being a prick to.

Are your development skills any more convincing than your manners because you are welcome to get in touch and help out, there are a few things in the project I am working on which could do with some coding prowess, that is if you are any more than a hobbyist... it is unclear.

Asking for donations firstly to plant trees, and then separately to get help with tasks, is not something I am going to apologise for. I was briefly tempted to spend my time trawling through all of your previous posts on this forum looking for some hint to your location to then broadcast it far and wide, but I didn't because I was suddenly bowled over by an enormous wave of indifference

Great response, AM. But you shouldn't waste your time on him. He is a professional troll who spends his time going into just about every altcoin thread and belittling the people and screaming "scam" and "shitcoin" and does little else to actually be productive with his life. He even started a thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=461360.0 about how Dogecoin is bad and is ruining the value of his precious Bitcoin. Not to mention the fact that he fancies himself an "Operation shitcoin cleanout" elitist. Best to just ignore him from here on out.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 02:33:51 PM

Great response, AM. But you shouldn't waste your time on him. He is a professional troll who spends his time going into just about every altcoin thread and belittling the people and screaming "scam" and "shitcoin" and does little else to actually be productive with his life. He even started a thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=461360.0 about how Dogecoin is bad and is ruining the value of his precious Bitcoin. Not to mention the fact that he fancies himself an "Operation shitcoin cleanout" elitist. Best to just ignore him from here on out.

Thanks Steve, I am pretty confident can handle any argument he throws my way. We shall just have to see if he wants to come back and have a reasonable discussion or not. I can fully understand how frustrating a bubble of clones would be to someone around from the start, even moreso if he got scammed a couple of times, or worse if he bought a basket of alts and held them. Would make one pretty cynical before too long!

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:38:30 PM

True. I'd say you've been handling yourself quite well with the naysayers. I'm not trying to step on your toes by butting in to the arguments or anything. I just tend to get a bit defensive of the things that I'm invested in. And it irks the hell out of me when people come in purposefully trying to spread FUD.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 02:40:32 PM

True. I'd say you've been handling yourself quite well with the naysayers. I'm not trying to step on your toes by butting in to the arguments or anything. I just tend to get a bit defensive of the things that I'm invested in. And it irks the hell out of me when people come in purposefully trying to spread FUD.

Your contributions have been and will continue to be most welcome! What do you think of the design above?

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:57:06 PM

I haven't been able to see it yet. I'm at work and attachments like that get stripped.

DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:20:17 PM

ok then lol

edit:

Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Admin Organization:
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Tech Organization:
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:

Yet another pathetic attempt to be a hero. LOL.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 05:50:39 PM

Yet another pathetic attempt to be a hero. LOL.

Yet another pathetic attempt to be a human being from DemetriusAstroBlack on his account which was "not created to spread FUD".

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:17:59 PM

Im spreading hate, not FUD.  I dont think you know what FUD means.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 07:07:23 PM

Im spreading hate, not FUD.  I dont think you know what FUD means.

So rather than FUD you are someone that creates an account to spread hate? What an advanced grasp of semantics you have...
I am sure people here would like to hear some more of your opinions, after all they are always so intelligent and carefully considered, and they just make you look fantastic. Please type away.

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:02:32 PM

Carbon offsetting is bull and it's stupid to trust someone to do it for you without any evidence......Some FUD for you.  Do the trees even exist?  Who owns the land?  Can we see the contract that states the trees wont be harvested?  What does the environmental impact study say about planting all these new trees densely into one place?

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 10:15:48 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 10:51:40 PM by axismundi

Carbon offsetting is bull and it's stupid to trust someone to do it for you without any evidence......Some FUD for you.  Do the trees even exist?  Who owns the land?  Can we see the contract that states the trees wont be harvested?  What does the environmental impact study say about planting all these new trees densely into one place?

If you think carbon offsetting is bull, do you think that humanity is damaging the environment? How do you think that problem is solved? Do you even think it can be solved or have you just resigned to have no planet for your great great grand kids? That is rhetoric by the way. I'll grant you a lot of the carbon offsetting industry is bull, as is any goodwill organisation which takes 60% in administration before it does what it is supposed to, and it is for this reason I have gone down the path I have with this.

The trees exist, the land has been disclosed. The images were legitimite. The fact that even after I took the time to explain to you that you can get no sense of horizontal perspective from taking a ground-level wide-angle photograph from close up, leaves me questioning your judgement yet again.

In the world I live in trust still exists, as does family-owned maintained permanent forestry which requires funding to be expanded in so doing, sequestering thousands of tonnes of Carbon Dioxide from the atmosphere.

If I even said "right whatever-your-name-is let's raise more money to buy land, plant trees and hire permanent staff to maintain it, as part of the charitable trust we are about to set up", you wouldn't come out in support and start fundraising would you, you'd just find something else and continue to be parasitic. What about if I said let's pursue other environmental projects which will sequester fully quantifiable amounts of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere? Still the same I am sure.

I have no more inclination to prove the validity of this to you, or other timewasters like you. You'll be able to catch up with us in the media before long.

Anyone wishing to come forward to make an early donation, offset some carbon footprint, offer help or otherwise add/contribute positively please send me a personal message and I will add you on skype so you have direct contact before any funds are exchanged. Early adopters, large pool/exchange admins this is directed at you.

Anyone thinking the environment is fine and the world should continue as it is, please direct your attention to the nearest wall and run at it with the same commitment you show to being an asshole, you will almost definitely have a great time. (just to be sure, that's a joke, DemetriusAstroBlack)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: