Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:41:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:39:57 PM

Article on BTC carbon footprint here:

http://www.coindesk.com/carbon-footprint-bitcoin/
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 01:31:54 PM

Saw that! Smiley Have set up a new thread at coinstack.org here http://coinstack.org/index.php?board=20.0

I am the admin of this, so trolls will be deleted. Aims to be a place for sharing ideas and tasks to make Carboncoin a reality. Please sign up for an account there and let's get this show on the road!

Wise84

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 01:44:19 PM

Nice. Maybe Axismundi or someone else in the dev-team should contact the journalist and advertise about carboncoin?

50$ free bonus: https://platinum.crypto.com/r/4qrazgcqnb || Code:4qrazgcqnb   ||  Get 15 EUR free here, no deposit required!: https://app.bitwala.com/r/jbRi5W2jt
Earn 20$ in BTC with your first deposit of $200 or more here: https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/Frodef412   ||   Earn 10$ in BTC if you deposit 200$ or more here: https://blockfi.com/?ref=a6870e51
Earn free BTC here by answering surveys: https://btcsurveys.com/ref/Edorf/
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 02:06:36 PM

Nice. Maybe Axismundi or someone else in the dev-team should contact the journalist and advertise about carboncoin?

They were tweeted by an associate. Am aware they are in London, which is handy as so am I. Am happy to conduct interview in person right away if anyone is able to make contact. Please do check out new forum & we really do need a bit more carboncoin in percentage terms backing up our benevolent fund for this to be taken seriously. Still no transactions out of the donations wallet: http://carbonchain.info/address/LFsTe6yRk1TXuGGW6kKwG8L3N4pkx5b6Do, to any doubters

ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:38:23 PM

Put some Carbs in the chest. Smiley
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 08:50:11 PM

Finally, a coin that actually has a decent idea. It doesn't innovate much but the fact it allows you to offset CO2 is pretty cool Tongue

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:54:34 PM

CARB is at 2 satoshi on crypto-prices.com!

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:47:56 PM

Doing some trading on coined up! Sold 100 of my Doge and converting them to Carb. First time using an exchange, so it's a learning process.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:52:53 PM

that shithole pushes a lot of scam coins people be warned its not crypto news site is a front to push scams.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:53:46 PM

Saw that! Smiley Have set up a new thread at coinstack.org here http://coinstack.org/index.php?board=20.0

I am the admin of this, so trolls will be deleted. Aims to be a place for sharing ideas and tasks to make Carboncoin a reality. Please sign up for an account there and let's get this show on the road!

thanks for the warning i will never in a million years visit that site neither will the people who see this stunt for what it is..

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:55:43 PM

thanks for the warning i will never in a million years visit that site neither will the people who see this stunt for what it is..

Join me in ignoring this plonker.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:02:07 PM

Finally, a coin that actually has a decent idea. It doesn't innovate much but the fact it allows you to offset CO2 is pretty cool Tongue

yeah it's a great idea but your all idiots if you think this guy even theoretically has the ability to do what he says he will.. it's a scam.
and your guys should be embarrassed for falling for it.

you think the guy is going to have trees planted and more as time goes on ? what of this is the most used crypto of all in a year or two ? then what ?

all we have here is a Random Canadian guy insisting you should take his word for it.. he will have trees planted as a gimmick
in an undisclosed UK location from some other guy he met online.. agree to take part in my clone coin and i will plant some trees ..and trust me i will honest

hey people use your brain ! are you that stupid, considering what has gone down here before ?
if you want to plant a tree go plant a damn tree lol
simply going outside and planting one would be Carbon positive vs making some dumb ass dipshit excuse to mine a clone coin.

enjoy your gimmick coin people.. bottom line here is they make clone after clone changing the name and icon and you naive and greedy gullible kids eat it time after time..

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:04:23 PM

and yeah just like the other guy said this should be moved to the ANN section so you don't get to stand out from the rest of the faggy clones..
why has it not been moved yet ? Friend of the mods work at coindesk too ?
nice... you get special treatment while actual real legit devs get to sit in the cess pool of scummy scammy bullshit.
nice advertising advantage lol

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 10:34:51 PM

10 Million heading to the fund now.  

Come on people! Offset some of your mining.

At this difficulty, a couple of million can be mined in no time at all.  Mine and donate now before the block halving happens in a few days.

AKA Darkpill

Great way to lead by example @danonthehill! Thank you for your show of faith, you will not be disappointed. I have added you to the list on the new forum; and again @Ning! Please let me know how much you donated, on the new thread so I can keep it up to date.

We need the rest of the community to participate in this for it to work. At time of writing our benevolent operations currently have 56,300,000 Carboncoin in the donations wallet. This is under 1% of our total circulation. We need the rest of the community to participate in this and the time to donate is now.

The current development team had no access to the premine, and all of these coins are back in circulation. Getting the community to participate in donating coins is by far a better way than a premine. There is no control going on here. We are creating a story that people will relate to and this surpasses value.

If you donate 10% of your Carboncoin to this endeavour and that leads the value of what we are doing to increase by 1000x, would you complain? Would any holders of Carboncoin complain if this were to happen?

If you are thinking "I dont need to donate to this" or "other people will donate enough for it to happen anyway"; that is a rubbish attitude. You should want your name added to the list, you should be proud to be on it, as should everyone who has donated so far.

The Carboncoin donation address is here: LFsTe6yRk1TXuGGW6kKwG8L3N4pkx5b6Do.

The coins in the wallet remain untouched (and note they have done so far), and they will do until such a time as the value of the coins is far greater than what you see now, but this will only happen if we get the buy in of the community and if we have enough of a percentage in the wallet to get the buy in of the mass media.

Let it be written here that no more than 1M coins will ever be released in any one transaction to the market from this wallet and each transaction will be individually justified on the new thread. To repeat myself: 100% of the proceeds of the sale of Carboncoin from this wallet will go towards projects which directly sequester Carbon Dioxide and other pollutants from the atmosphere in a way which encourages nature and supports ecosystems on a massive scale. We wont be using 3rd party schemes to keep the middlemen to a minimum so that we can do the most with the funds we have.

If anyone wishes to support this project by purchasing a large amount of Carboncoin to place in the wallet, or if you would like this done for you please get in touch with me directly. Provided you make a donation to what we are doing here, I am very happy to help.

This is real. I am not going anywhere, but please support the project, it is the thing which gives Carboncoin value.

As ever if you have any meaningful questions please pm me, and if you want to contribute financially or otherwise please check out the new forum where we are exclusively focussed on getting jobs done, away from the doubt and the slander.

AM

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 10:38:27 PM

Thank you sir, that means a lot.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 11:36:50 PM

Actually one last go Spoetnik before you are ignored permanently, you know why? Well because I have grown to enjoy spoiling your tainted view of the world. Thank you for responding so maturely to the direct message I sent you politely asking you to allow me to explain what is going on here. Your "fuck off" response leaves me really not too worried about any offence I might cause you in this.

I will deal with your posts in turn but will not be replicating your text unless absolutely necessary, because when I ignore you immediately afterwards I want no further evidence of you. You have failed to answer any of my attempts to reason with you with any maturity whatsoever, and we are done here.

Post 1) Why don't you read the article before slandering the entire publication, which I might add, does far more to service this community than you
           ever will. See any mention of Carboncoin there? No I thought not. Will you be taking any of your untrue pathetic nonsense back? I have my
           doubts.

Post 2) Sounds to me like a very good filter indeed. Your absence alone probably just increased that particular forum's value dramatically.

Post 3) Well hasn't the repetition become dry.  So let's begin, again:
          a) Not a scam - you could always put it in capitals next time, you know, for emphasis.
          b) Will be around for as long as this project funds helping the planet, as will my trustees, and afterwards I anticipate managing the projects to
              be something of a full time job.
          c) Still not Canadian, neither is my friend but thanks for that. Notice how I said "London based" previously. Why not come and visit sometime.
              Location is disclosed, again well done for doing your research, so you could ensure not to waste anyone's time.
          d) What went down on the initial thread was absolutely nothing to do with me. The original developer came online twice. I have been here
              pretty much every day since I took this on. Your continued slander strikes me as nothing more than the ruminations of a lonely, desparate
              individual. "Go and plant a tree lol"? What about over a million of them. For starters. What is it you are so afraid of?
          e) The original developer was exactly one of those people you mention by the looks of things. I am not, but you haven't even considered it for
              a moment have you? "Enjoy...   ...Bottom line..." they all sound rather final. Does that mean you might finally do something worthwhile with
              your time?

Post 4) Homophobic too now are we (note: Spoetnik referred to forks of existing cryptocurrencies as "faggy clones") My my aren't you just one all
           out terrific human being. We're here because we are an established coin even if we are evolving rapidly. Go trawl through all of the other
           posts in this forum without exception spouting the same message and when you are finished please feel free to come back and give us your
           very special brand of attention. You wouldn't want to be displaying bias now would you?

You're not going to win here and I am going to delight in proving you and all of your FUD dispensing associates just exactly as wrong as you are.
Just watch.

cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:23:46 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 03:18:02 AM by cryptomite

yeah it's a great idea but your all idiots if you think this guy even theoretically has the ability to do what he says he will.. it's a scam.
and your guys should be embarrassed for falling for it.

you think the guy is going to have trees planted and more as time goes on ? what of this is the most used crypto of all in a year or two ? then what ?

all we have here is a Random Canadian guy insisting you should take his word for it.. he will have trees planted as a gimmick
in an undisclosed UK location from some other guy he met online.. agree to take part in my clone coin and i will plant some trees ..and trust me i will honest

hey people use your brain ! are you that stupid, considering what has gone down here before ?
if you want to plant a tree go plant a damn tree lol
simply going outside and planting one would be Carbon positive vs making some dumb ass dipshit excuse to mine a clone coin.

enjoy your gimmick coin people.. bottom line here is they make clone after clone changing the name and icon and you naive and greedy gullible kids eat it time after time..

Ok Spoetnik,

I was just in the Silicon thread for the last week, ripping them a new one. Trying to save some newbies from getting scammed. Think I might have helped a few id like to believe.

Anyway the Silicon is in the toilet, just like I told them it would be.

When I first came to this thread I thought I would be doing the same thing. I was gonna warn the newbie. I was gonna break down why this dev was dishonest, and hopefully keep people away as much as I could at least.

I am writing you this because I think we have the same goals. I didn't at first, I actually got the idea from you. I want to HURT these scamcoins.

I think that 95% of the new coins are the same groups of people, making shit, hurting the crypto community, ruining a big chance we all have to make something real here. Change the fucking world.

But I said 95%. That means that 1 out of 20 is honest. When I say honest, I mean its not a scamcoin. Maybe they aren't innovative technically, or have what I would like it to have, etc.

Coins where the dev doesn't look like he's just there to run off with everyones money asap.

Coins where Cryptsy isnt behind it (I didnt know that, I love to see the thread where that is broken down)

Coins where the devs are actually trying to do the things they are saying, they aren't just being said to lure in more investors.

These 1 out of 20 coins the devs are actually honest. Not just greedy bastards.

READ THIS CLOSELY SPOETNIK,    Take Noble coin. (I own zero of this coin and I dont want any) Do I think they will reach mass adoption or even reach the top ten? Hell fucking no!! BUT the dev is not just one of these assholes of the bunch of scamcoins.

Basically, let me put it like this, if we could get rid of the 95% TOTAL SCAMCOINS, we would have a good start. Would these 25 or whatever left (lol) coins be exactly what the community needs? No. But we would get rid of the coins that were KILLING THIS COMMUNITY!!

When a newbie showed up, this place wouldn't be perfect, but it wouldn't be the.cesspool it is now!!!!

I DONT BELIEVE THIS COMMUNITY IS DESTIN TO EXPLODE.

yes the clock is ticking, but if we work together we can change it!!

How, by pointing out the ones with clearly dishonest devs. THE TRUE SCAMCOINS.

BUT

If we just slam EVERY coin, we lose!!!

We need to get the SCAMCOINS!! Real scams where the devs are just trying to rape people!!

I chose this coin to mention this because this is a great example. Let me know if I'm wrong, if you have proof, and I slam this guy with you!!

But from what I see, this dev SEEMS genuine. I don't know for sure, how could I? But this coin is not a scamcoin. Its a copy. Yes. But not just a scamcoin yet. By yet, I mean this dev hasn't shown me anything to say he doesn't believe in what hes doing.

Why?

Because 19 out of 20 coins, it OBVIOUSLY a SCAMCOIN by reading the first page. Its OBVIOUS they are dishonest devs. LETS GET THOSE GUYS.

Operation shitcoin cleanout, cant just say any coin that's a copy is a SCAMCOIN, and if it has something new, its ok. The coins with new shit a lot of the times have dishonest devs too!!

Carboncoin might not be what you like, but the dev has not done anything to prove himself dishonest.

THAT IS HUGE IN THIS COMMUNITY. Funny as hell, but true.

That should be the criteria we use.

If we just do that, we would at give the newbies a chance. And thats what it is all about, right? Making this place BETTER for newbies that come here!

We can still save this place!! We can't get rid of all the coins, but we can give the newbies coins to.choose from that are not made by devs that have only designed the coin to rip people off!!!!

I know you came back to this forum for a reason. Let's take this place back to a manageable amount of HONEST coins.

I didn't say GOOD coins. Like I said we cant get rid of all of them.

But coins the newbies can choose from that wont rip them off!!

Like this coin for example. Its an honest coin so far. Some newbies might like it some might not. We let them make that choice. We just make sure they are nit getting stolen from. If Carboncoin  becomes dishonest we come rip the place up!!!

Spoetnik, we can save this place.

I need your help to do so. You have a lot of influence around this place, you know a lot of shit, and you know a lot of people.

Trust me. I have found a way to get this place cleaned up. Get rid of dishonest devs!!

We have to put them in two categories. Honest devs, and dishonest devs. Thats the first step.

I am classifying this dev as honest for example.

Do you have others?

Take me for example, I think the it is cool what this dev is trying to do, maybe you don't care lol. So you pick a different coin to think is cool. Believe me, if Carboncoin ends up just being some trick, believe me im gonna be extra pissed. But I have a good eye for a con artist.

But we focus on what we can agree on. Can we agree on getting these coins into two groups? If we can then we recruit others. Then our list will start to gain credibility. Then the newbies check the list. There still might be coins on there that will fail. But we dont promise that. Its a free market. We just OUT the proven scams. Others may have tried this, but this way will work. There won't just be a BAD list. We will RIP APART THE THREADS THAT ARE ON THE BAD LIST.

If we do it honestly, without bias of our likes and dislikes, people will start to listen to us. People wont buy the coins on our bad list.

Im not saying it will be easy, but these assholes wont be able to buy us off.

SO IT WILL WORK!!!

dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:53:34 AM

We do need to figure out a way to deal with the markets if this coin is going to last. By that I mean that we somehow need to mitigate the fact that currently there are hundreds of millions, if not billions, of carboncoins sitting on exchanges not able to sell for even 1 satoshi.

In the beginning of any coin's life, it depends entirely on miners to survive. So we need to remedy this somehow or the coin will suffer a quick death.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 01:30:20 PM

We do need to figure out a way to deal with the markets if this coin is going to last. By that I mean that we somehow need to mitigate the fact that currently there are hundreds of millions, if not billions, of carboncoins sitting on exchanges not able to sell for even 1 satoshi.

In the beginning of any coin's life, it depends entirely on miners to survive. So we need to remedy this somehow or the coin will suffer a quick death.

Miners selling low from the outset is nothing more than an opportunity for buyers, and the fairest/most natural form of distribution we could get IMO. Buyers bear in mind: how valuable Carboncoin gets is a direct function of how much of the currency we allocate to our benevolent operations. The sensible strategy is to buy, hold half, give half to the offset fund.

I will say again, if anyone wants to buy an amount greater than 1BTC worth, provided you donate, I am happy to assist you. Whether that be telling you how to do it or fulfilling your order myself. We are currently sitting at just over 60M in the donations wallet. I will not be seeking attention from the media until this is over 160M or 1% of our total coins. I would like it to be significantly more than that in percentage terms.

Pool ops: I am drafting an email to send to the mining community requesting support through donation or otherwise, and would be grateful if you could forward this on. I will be contacting you directly in due course with this.

Remember, the more of this coin in percentage terms that is donated to benevolent operations the more valuable the remainder will become. It's a great trade. I think 10% of holdings is a sensible donation to anyone with a lot of them. All donors will be added to the leaderboard, and the funds will not be moved until it is appropriate to do so, when they will be released back to the market responsibly, in tranches of no more than 1M.

In other news - is anyone out there of a graphic design ilk? We are having a competition to design a new logo. Please see the new forum to enter that and for other jobs we have on. http://coinstack.org/index.php?board=20.0. We will be putting the rebrand to a vote once we have at least two more suggestions.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:19:29 PM

wow 4 posts in succession from sputdick, hes frothing at the mouth, seems like he knows hes getting beaten and is ramping up hes laughable trolling efforts!! So funny!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: