Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:41:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:59:15 AM

Answer the question maybe ?
i have taken the time to explain myself with out attacking each one of you personally like you guys keep doing to me endlessly..

So here we go again..
I will once again try and state my concern and hope to get some mature feedback on a fatal flaw i think is obvious with this coins concept.

And that is, how do you scale up the process of planting trees to coincide with mining another Scrypt clone coin with a new icon and name ?
Get it ? ..well don't worry every time i explain my self i repeat it again in a different way lol
So..
Lets put it this way, say for example a tree is planted for every guy that finds a block what would you do if it reach's Bitcoin's hashing levels ?
that is a lot of tree's to plant, directed by a guy from Canada to an online friend who claims to have a secret location to plant tree's somewhere in the UK..
(the domains we're registered in Canada for some reason so the dev coin cloner, icon changer *might be Canadian)

And i said that as an example of the concern i brought up because the dev Scrypt coin cloner could always just draw people in with things now and
phase out the tree planting later when it's convenient..
He would probably start cutting down the trees he says will be planted until that whole part of the idea is eliminated..
Obviously leaving him with a clone coin that become popular because of these environmentally friendly claims which are unique and a concern for us all.
So the current specifics of how it works right now is irrelevant and make no difference..

It's a classic routine here for coin cloners.. they can put a coin out and make changes to it over time to suit their ongoing advantage and interests.

So more name calling or is one of you going to man up and answer the question ?

And i'd appreciate if you didn't wait until i'm gone to try and bad mouth and discredit me when i'm not looking so you can push this on Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:57:45 AM

The forest location was disclosed a long time ago.  Dev is British not Canadian, but his nationality is irrelevant.  Dev has been transparent about history of the coin and its development   Please step out of your delirium and stop repeating the same fallacies...or rather please keep posting and keep us on the front page...back to ignoring you.
AltCoinSpeculation

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:16:17 AM

Hi all, I read through the recent Carb posts just yesterday, i've been busy this past week or so, and could only reply today. I want to clear something up for everyone:

My name is Olly i'm from London UK. I run AltCoinSpeculation.com a simple crypto blog, i'm also a member of the London Bitcoin meetup group, and I also organize the London Altcoin meetup group as well. http://altcoinspeculation.com/aboutcontact/

I met **** (axismundi) at a meetup a few months back, and when he mentioned he wanted to takeover the Carboncoin, as the original dev had disappeared, I offered to help out if I could. I'm not very techy. I did offer to pick up the domains and host them for him on my hosting account as it is unlimited and free for me. (I originally got my hosting package when i lived in Canada for one year several years back. I am back living in London UK, I hadn't bothered to update the hosting details, but have now. I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused). (If necessary these domains can be transfered to the carboncoin foundation once it's setup).

Other than this, I own a bit of Carb, I've blogged a bit about Carboncoin, and I know that the new devs now involved are committed to the coin and are working hard to make something great happen for the future. I'll also try and help out when and where i can, as lots of people are also already doing.

If you have further questions about this please just contact me directly olly@altcoinspeculation.com, http://altcoinspeculation.com/aboutcontact/
(I'd also appreciate it if posters delete posts; #103, #104, #115, and don't paste personal info on this forum in the future without contacting me first..)
Thanks.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 11:23:54 AM

Self-moderated thread here for discussion without the interference of Spoetnik: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=566396

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
danonthehill

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:28:31 AM

Thanks Olly. Thanks DiamondCardz. Please also see the Carboncoin forum: http://coinstack.org/index.php?board=20.0
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:30:00 PM

The forest location was disclosed a long time ago.  Dev is British not Canadian, but his nationality is irrelevant.  Dev has been transparent about history of the coin and its development   Please step out of your delirium and stop repeating the same fallacies...or rather please keep posting and keep us on the front page...back to ignoring you.

That is fine and dandy but you and all the other commenters STILL have bent over backwards to dodge the only reason i commented in the first place !
And no sorry but ignoring me means nothing.. because if i thought of it i can GUARANTEE you a shit load of the other people thought of it too !
My views on things around here are common i have very rarely had anything unique to say.. it's called repeating "common sense"
and things that Should "go with out saying" Roll Eyes

In no way shape or form did i post on this topic to Troll.
I asked a question and was as usual endlessly attacked for it.. and if that is your way of handling things that is fine i guess
but you made yourselves look bad and the average person that comes along is probably going to think,
Hey.. ya Spoetnik is making sense and hey, why don't they answer the question ?

You guys play games galore.. i mentioned looking up the domain name and it came up registered to a guy in Quebec
which is why i brought that up in the first place.. in reality i don't care where people are from and i do like my fellow Canadians.
but my point was missed.. that i was simply pointing out where the domain was from because of tracking reasons..
Many coin posters use a protection service to deliberately block that info.. You guys responded by sending me offensive law suit threats lol
Not my first at Bitcointalk threat i might add hahaha

bob and weave.. still lol

And yeah i have every right to ask a legitimate technical question of a coin. There is nothing wrong with trying to figure out if the poster
has posted a ton of the other coins here too *secretly.. Honestly i am getting fed up with you brats trying to make me out to be a monster
simply because i asked some questions.. gimme a break it's childish.
ya go back to ignoring me.. or maybe quit playing games ?

It's like saying hey everyone that mines will get 1 dollar.. then later we all know the dev is going to yank or modify the gimmick
because the concept is simply not sustainable.. like Carboncoin's gimmick.

What i said is critically important because of the nature of how these coins work..
dev's desperately want to get people involved as early as possible to run around promoting their coin for them and they hope and pray to god,
that the whole Doge effect kicks in and the hive mentality takes it further..
And many users have no idea how these coins work or that they can at any time have the rug pulled out from under them by devs such as
"FreeTrade" and when he randomly decided to cancel Memory coin because the gimmick he employed was no longer working a financial advantage for him personally.
The hive mentality that is rampant in this scene is for example visible clearly when you simply look at what pools people choose to use..
People deliberately choose a pool with the highest hash rate because they wanna buy a Lambo and they coudln't care less if that causes serious security problems.
but we're just going to IGNORE that aren't we Wink

danonthehill

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:48:04 PM

We can't hear you.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:47:44 AM

so what's the story here, did we come up with a way to get the freaking massive sell walls at 1 satoshi reduced so the volume can recover?
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:24:49 AM

lol. is it dead yet?

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
cryptomite

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:30:49 AM

The forest location was disclosed a long time ago.  Dev is British not Canadian, but his nationality is irrelevant.  Dev has been transparent about history of the coin and its development   Please step out of your delirium and stop repeating the same fallacies...or rather please keep posting and keep us on the front page...back to ignoring you.

That is fine and dandy but you and all the other commenters STILL have bent over backwards to dodge the only reason i commented in the first place !
And no sorry but ignoring me means nothing.. because if i thought of it i can GUARANTEE you a shit load of the other people thought of it too !
My views on things around here are common i have very rarely had anything unique to say.. it's called repeating "common sense"

I asked a question and was as usual endlessly attacked for it.. and if that is your way of handling things that is fine i guess
but you made yourselves look bad and the average person that comes along is probably going to think,

You guys play games galore.. i mentioned looking up the domain name and it came up registered to a guy in Quebec
which is why i brought that up in the first place.. in reality i don't care where people are from and i do like my fellow Canadians.
but my point was missed.. that i was simply pointing out where the domain was from because of tracking reasons..
Many coin posters use a protection service to deliberately block that info.. You guys responded by sending me offensive law suit threats lol

And yeah i have every right to ask a legitimate technical question of a coin. There is nothing wrong with trying to figure out if the poster
has posted a ton of the other coins here too *secretly.. Honestly i am getting fed up with you brats trying to make me out to be a monster

It's like saying hey everyone that mines will get 1 dollar.. then later we all know the dev is going to yank or modify the gimmick

What i said is critically important because of the nature of how these coins work..
dev's desperately want to get people involved as early as possible to run around promoting their coin for them and they hope and pray to god,
And many users have no idea how these coins work or that they can at any time have the rug pulled out from under them by devs such as
"FreeTrade" and when he randomly decided to cancel Memory coin because the gimmick he employed was no longer working a financial advantage for him personally.
The hive mentality that is rampant in this scene is for example visible clearly when you simply look at what pools people choose to use..
People deliberately choose a pool with the highest hash rate because they wanna buy a Lambo and they coudln't care less if that causes serious security problems.

Spoetnik,

As Ive posted before I hate scamcoins just as much as you.

I have had a field day with Silicon valley coin myself, its a joke.

I haven't been around here as long as you, but I've read a lot of your posts.

You bring up a lot of good points, but at other times I  have seen you jump the gun and trash a coin, just because other coins were trash.

I like this idea for a coin and haven't seen the dev do anything shady yet.

I am planning on buying 5 to 10 million very soon.

Why? Because I think this coin is the real thing. NOT a scamcoin. The devs plan is sound. He's not just here to make a quick buck. This is my assessment.

And

Because when a coin is shit you are able to break it down as to why it is shit. I haven't seen anything you have said that is really convincing me not to buy.

Im pretty sure you don't want anyone to like you, but I do. I think you work really hard to help people. Yoh just don't understand that some coins have good devs.

This matters to me in a time when almost all devs are shit.

Now, please don't call me stupid for feeling this way.

Before I buy, tell me why I shouldn't.

Don't say because dev didnt answer your question. Tell me your question.

Don't say because other coins are shit. Tell me why this is bad.

And don't say because if this coin gets too big it wont work. Or at least explain this point in detail.

Dont say because the trees are in secret place. They arent anymore. Or tell me why you still think this is the case.

Give me clear reasons, to the point, without freaking out if you want to help me.

I WILL LISTEN.

IM PRETTY GOOD AT SNIFFING OUT A CON ARTIST, AND THIS DEV DOES NOT ACT LIKE ONE.

im going to buy this coin, I dont see anything to say that this dev isnt for real.

AND IF THIS DEV IS NOT COMPLETELY LYING AND A TOTAL CON ARTIST, THEN THIS COIN WILL GROW!!!!

If this dev is for real, and really doing the things he says, then this coin will be big.

And I see no reason not to believe him. If im going to believe anyone.

If I am naive, show me how

Because as of now, I am going to buy

Thanks

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:33:16 AM

Maybe not a con artist, just someone to follow off a cliff.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:07:55 AM

no guy i don't pick on coins and no i don't post opinions ..i post facts.

you all play games.. often with new user accounts hmmm lol

all this is.. is a game of trying to convince the reader of dumb bs.
i am and always have armed the reader with facts and guess what ? coin cloners don't like that one bit.. what a shocker lol
and the users are gullible or deceitful..

i am experienced at dealing with these so called marketing teams shit coin cloners have stated is more important than the coin and the coders
and their paid shills and trolls and little suckholes who post here playing games to pump up scams.

sensible reasonable people are likely to see what is what & the rest.. screw em, i tried and you'll hear i told you so later Wink

all this is just game playing and i pity the morons that eat it all up day after day  Sad

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:15:35 AM

ever sine I used to mess with you on crypsy chat box with different names you are convinced that everyone is a decoy account. It's really funny actually. You should see a doctor. Remember?

revgreen

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:27:43 AM

Your question is quite irrelevant and answers itself.  You've been basically bringing a negative atmosphere to this thread and screaming "just answer my question!" in vain. If you just took a second and listened to yourself, maybe you'd realize the futility of your trolling efforts.

Carboncoin has a goal of "Reducing" the carbon footprint of cryptocurrencies. We are not taking on the responsibility of planting a tree for every 500 kg CO2 linked to the mining of every coin. We simply set and example by accounting for our own carbon footprint and are setting up a foundation to offer the "opportunity" for other coins to follow our example. If a coin becomes as large as Bitcoin, then it will have a much larger budget and they will have the same opportunity to donate towards their own tree project as any other cryptocurrency. Even if a coin can only manage to attain 50% or less carbon neutral status, it's still a positive result and represents progress for the planet.

I know Axismundi very well and joined the dev team to help this project get off it's feet. Like me, Axis is dedicated to reversing the damage we as a human race do to our planet. My work has been focused on the reduction of energy costs and research on ways to replace the Oil and dirty nuclear regime that contributes to the bulk of our pollution. However, whether replacing the pollution source with a clean energy alternative or repairing the damage done by that pollution; either is a noble cause and is progress. I am the developer and owner of www.Revolution-green.com and am pretty transparent as to who I am. Axis is legit and his stated intentions are sincere. With my experience in energy research, I find there are two types of people; Talkers and those that put an effort into getting things done. I realize there is a need to expose scam-coins, but there is no need to troll a coin that is legitimately making progress. What more can you ask for?

Ken
morphtrust

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:28:48 AM

this is all I really have to offer, and I hope people get it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTJs10SdiMk

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:23:03 AM

so what's the story here, did we come up with a way to get the freaking massive sell walls at 1 satoshi reduced so the volume can recover?

Where are these massive CARB sell walls at 1 sat u speak of??? On Cryptorush there are buy orders for 1.5-2 btcs at 1 sat, its down at the moment so cant check, and about 1-2 btcs for sale on 2 sats. Carb needs to get on more exchanges, dont worry about being stuck on 1 sat as thats not the case!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
danonthehill

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:32:38 AM

Yeah.  Let me know where the 1 satoshi sell walls are and I'll buy them up.

Even at 1 Satoshi that would make this the most profitable coin to mine by a long stretch.  Not sure why more people are not mining this.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:34:43 PM

ever sine I used to mess with you on crypsy chat box with different names you are convinced that everyone is a decoy account. It's really funny actually. You should see a doctor. Remember?

A lot of people here are coin devs and have admitted to using different accounts AND have listed them for us her on the forum.. would you like examples ?
No medication needed to see the painfully obvious Trolling games.. The real Troll here is a bunch of you who float around harassing me when i show up asking questions.
Nothing new i have been dealing with it for a year and have caught these guys doing it endlessly with real world tangible proof.. such as me quoting you above lol

I also want to add that after this many pages you guys have still gone to ridiculous lengths to try and attack me
and have at the same exact time completely avoided addressing the original concern i have brought up.
It's not about me so give it a rest already and just answer the question.. quit attacking me and playing games.
if there is nothing to hide then why are you hiding ?

lastly i want to make sure to point out how this coin has turned into another template for cloners.. It's the new fad like making country coins.
we are seeing now more and more SCRYPT CLONES popping up claiming they will make some kind of Noble gesture on behalf of coins miners..
- Such as Planting trees.
- Making a donation to charities.
- Making a donation to a church.
if i actually made the effort to look i could probably find a dozen more.. but hey.... i'm crazy right ?
like wow this scene is just sooooooo noble and generous and all the COIN CLONERS are just deeply concerned for the welfare of others..
well errr uhhh, except those people who lost money on the scam coin clone pump and dump schemes lol

hey buddy no i didn't forget i have a photographic memory, as you know very well lol
and admitting to trolling on me just proves my point ..and shows i am not crazy and i have had dozens of people who would see you pop up on chat etc
with one your names and they would say to me "here comes your troll" the public seen it and addressed it while i never said a word about it lol
you think you can lie cheat and scam and Troll and harass people and then lie and play games about it later and ALL the people who were sitting there watching
can just stand up and say hey .. you're a liar and i know i was there and watched it all.

care to troll and start a diversion and play games ? more ? again ?

danonthehill

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:17:52 PM

Difference is that the charities/churches you mention are unaffiliated with their respective coins. 

The Carboncoin forest project has a direct and real affiliation with Carboncoin, and one of the central motivations of the dev is to tackle the problem of the inefficiency and ineffectiveness of donating to third party charities, NGO's etc. So thanks for making the comparison, supporting the goals of Carboncoin, and highlighting the uniqueness of the project.   
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:26:58 PM

if i am trolling why did you respond ?
after all you created a self modded topic for no other purpose that to delete my comments lol

and you and all others have still dodged my point / question even though i explained it like 6 times.

This is frustrating when you guys avoid the issue i brought up and just change the subject endlessly while demanding since i asked i'm a Troll.
Pretty obvious you guys aren't going to answer the question and are desperate to try and bury / cover up and discredit me as fast and as hard as possible.
Yet if you were smart all of what i said could be an advantage to the coin.. Prove me wrong Wink

This coin and the guys involved reeks !
I don't trust any of you because of how you have all handled the last several pages of drama.
And not even one single person out there thought what i did ? seriously ? wow.

If you do not want to respond to what i wanted to talk about can you guys just drop it then ? Your wasting my time playing games.
Just chalk it up to me being some evil Troll spreading FUD and lets move on ok ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: