Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:35:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:07:17 AM

nobody knows what the made up word means.  

dim (dim)
adj. dim·mer, dim·mest, dim-my.

a. Lacking in brightness.
b. Emitting only a small amount of light.

2. Lacking luster; dull and subdued.

a. Lacking sharpness or clarity of understanding or perception.
5. Lacking keenness or vigor.
6. Negative, unfavorable, or disapproving.
7. Slang Dull; dimwitted.

#GOOGLE  Kiss

Ouch Smiley

Add: It is only mean to be playful. You might as well learn some grammar while you're here too : https://www.learnthat.org/word_lists/view/1384

You can look up Spoetnik in the dictionary..

FUD first & ask questions later™
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:19:39 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 10:37:43 AM by axismundi

The charitable trust is formed with objects not limited to planting trees, a legal entity with named trustees to be registered with the charity commission at the appropriate time

PoW is the fairest distribution for a coin and with the correct criteria is the most stable transaction system

Our final update will make us more efficient that PoS

No charitable funds are a result of any premine, only donated from the community - there are no enforced capital controls here so we are a currency

If I was going to take part in a scam I would be putting out numerous arbitrary white lables of existing but "new technology" protocols then cashing out, rinse, repeat. There are many out there. Much more efficient way of just stealing BTC dont you think?

You're not smart by any stretch of the imagination, you're just a skeptic - and if the values that you purport to hold dear were done so with any backbone you'd be giving your attention to the many far more questionable operations peppering the Announcements section

Add: Funny that a reputable dictionary service would make so many glaring omissions...

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:52:31 AM

The charitable trust is formed with objects not limited to planting trees, a legal entity with named trustees to be registered with the charity commission at the appropriate time

PoW is the fairest distribution for a coin and with the correct criteria is the most stable transaction system

No charitable funds are a result of any premine, only donated from the community - there are no enforced capital controls here so we are a currency

If I was going to take part in a scam I would be putting out numerous arbitrary white lables of existing but "new technology" protocols then cashing out, rinse, repeat. There are many out there. Much more efficient way of just stealing BTC dont you think?

You're not smart by any stretch of the imagination, you're just a skeptic - and if the values that you purport to hold dear were done so with any backbone you'd be giving your attention to the many far more questionable operations peppering the Announcements section

Add: Funny that a reputable dictionary service would make so many glaring omissions...

The problem with scammers is everything to them is a scam. In their eyes there are no good people left in the world, no good motives, and everything good has an ulterior motive. Sad...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 12:01:07 PM

The problem with scammers is everything to them is a scam. In their eyes there are no good people left in the world, no good motives, and everything good has an ulterior motive. Sad...

I'm not saying anything about whether or not Spoetnik is a scammer (although an anonymous person crying scam on the grounds of anonymity is a bit rich) however, what I am definitely saying is that he is barking up the wrong tree calling this a scam, as time will demonstrate to him.

Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:28:12 PM

Just discovered GreenCoin!!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636548.0

So this is a ripoff of Carboncoin only with a 50% premine?Huh Great!!!

Beat me to it!

This has already been done here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526031.0

But MUCH better!

Good luck with the P&D though!
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:31:54 PM

sorry to say the logo of carbon coin looks like a leaf. You could call it leafcoin - but we already had a scamcoin called leafcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 01:37:04 PM

sorry to say the logo of carbon coin looks like a leaf. You could call it leafcoin - but we already had a scamcoin called leafcoin.

It's a C with a leaf in it Smiley I'm not sure leafcoin was a scam, although it did get pumped extremely high. The developer is still active I believe. Our main plus is how energy efficient we will be at the end of our mining phase, in around 2 months.

Our branding is a result of a community held rebranding competition, whether or not there has been a leafcoin doesn't make the leaf any less of a good symbol of environmental ideals.

Ratters

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:41:31 PM

It's a C with a leaf in it Smiley I'm not sure leafcoin was a scam, although it did get pumped extremely high. The developer is still active I believe. Our main plus is how energy efficient we will be at the end of our mining phase, in around 2 months.

Our branding is a result of a community held rebranding competition, whether or not there has been a leafcoin doesn't make the leaf any less of a good symbol of environmental ideals.

I dont think LeafCoin was a scam either, just a basic no frills coin that didnt really take off.

Hows the wallet coming along?
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 01:45:20 PM

I dont think LeafCoin was a scam either, just a basic no frills coin that didnt really take off.

Hows the wallet coming along?

Steadily making progress, some of the nuances of the lates bitcoin protocol upgrade are taking a bit of work to get right. We are getting there and hopefully will be good to go by the end of the weekend Smiley In the meantime https://www.coinwallet.co/ is the perfect solution to anyone wanting to store some coins off exchange

TheAmbassador

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:54:09 PM

Could not have said it better myself.
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

dim (dim)

#GOOGLE  Kiss

Link source please.  You added the dim-my part yourself as it is not a real word.  I was thinking that I was being called an inside out pencil bag.  Here is the original before you edited from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dim

dim  (dm)
adj. dim·mer, dim·mest
a. Lacking in brightness: a dim room.
b. Emitting only a small amount of light; faint: a dim lightbulb.
a. Faintly outlined; indistinct: a dim figure in the distance.
b. Obscure to the mind or the senses: a dim recollection of the accident.
4. Lacking sharpness or clarity of understanding or perception. See Synonyms at dark.
6. Negative, unfavorable, or disapproving: took a dim view of their prospects.
7. Slang Dull; dimwitted

It even copy and pasts the same.  Typical carbon coin copy paste idiot.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:08:01 PM

**sighs**

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:26:01 PM

Under 500 blocks to go until our block halves for the second time and we enter the final phase of public mining. After that the only way to get hold of coins will be through purchase, or to earn them. Don't anyone say I didn't warn you Smiley

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:47:21 PM

So what does dimmy mean axis?  Am I an inside out pencil case?  Is this some shit from mean girls or something?

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:47:37 PM

Let's think about this rationally given that we are both speaking english, take the definition of dim and add http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-y either "1" or "3" as you wish. The fact that you need to ask is wonderfully self reflexive.

You can keep coming back if you like Dimmy but you are going to have an awful job shaking your nickname if you continue down this path. What exactly is it you do again? Only I don't think you have ever let the community know.

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:07:14 AM

You can call me Dimmy anytime you want.  The fact that the definition doesn't have dimmy means it doesn't work for the word dim.  Learn English.  I don't mind being called made up words.  How is creeps going?  Nice 24hr vol and price drop.  piece of shit will be nothing soon.

Ratters

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:20:46 AM

dim (dim)

#GOOGLE  Kiss

Link source please.  You added the dim-my part yourself as it is not a real word.  I was thinking that I was being called an inside out pencil bag.  Here is the original before you edited from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dim

dim  (dm)
adj. dim·mer, dim·mest
4. Lacking sharpness or clarity of understanding or perception. See Synonyms at dark.
7. Slang Dull; dimwitted

Busted. I took out the parts that didn't refer to you. The rest is accurate though.

People put a lot of time, effort and money in to projects they believe in, you don't have to believe in them if you don't want to, it's a free world, support any coin you want. There Is really no point slagging off a coin that you have no interest in. I really don't think you will grind axis down, he is doing something he has a passion for. Why don't you use your energy to support something you have a passion for and perhaps you would gain a sense of purpose.

Pm me your carb address and I will send you 1mil carb and maybe we can work together to support this coin rather than pointlessly trying to put it down all of the time.

Think about it.
DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:26:33 AM

dim (dim)

#GOOGLE  Kiss

dim  (dm)
adj. dim·mer, dim·mest
7. Slang Dull; dimwitted

Busted. I took out the parts that didn't refer to you. The rest is accurate though.

People put a lot of time, effort and money in to projects they believe in, you don't have to believe in them if you don't want to, it's a free world, support any coin you want. There Is really no point slagging off a coin that you have no interest in. I really don't think you will grind axis down, he is doing something he has a passion for. Why don't you use your energy to support something you have a passion for and perhaps you would gain a sense of purpose.

Pm me your carb address and I will send you 1mil carb and maybe we can work together to support this coin rather than pointlessly trying to put it down all of the time.

Think about it.

You didn't just edit some down.  You added shit "adj. dim·mer, dim·mest, dim-my."  You couldn't even format it right and put a dash instead of of a dot.  Why would I have a carb address?  1mil carb?  You think less then $2 would change my mind about anything?  Go ahead and donate it to the "trees".

catia

Activity: 288
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:31:28 AM

2300 trees and 2.2 megatons eh? My simple mind figures the amount of CO2 captured by a tree cannot be more than the amount of dry weight in a tree. 100 ton trees sound awfully big.
DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:35:18 AM

All the math is made up, no one is overseeing this.  It is not sustainable and the trees will be harvested eventually for profit..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: