Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:26:47 AM

Open a pool and dont even know how many confirms you need. Noob.

Like I said in a previous post, when I saw oldminer's message asking for help, I jumped in without knowing anything about CARB. I sometimes make mistakes, yeah, I screwed up because I forgot to set confirms back to 120, there used to be a different coin running on that particular MPOS installation.

For a "noob" I certainly provide better support than most pools, so your insult is invalid.

Ignore him Eric, he's the resident thread troll..

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU

We need to get CARB integrated into that somehow? Maybe once it has a value after it goes PoS we could buy a basketball court paved with it to start & rent it out? It would be killer...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:45:34 AM

http://carbon.fedaykin.us/

Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:30:09 PM

Open a pool and dont even know how many confirms you need. Noob.

Like I said in a previous post, when I saw oldminer's message asking for help, I jumped in without knowing anything about CARB. I sometimes make mistakes, yeah, I screwed up because I forgot to set confirms back to 120, there used to be a different coin running on that particular MPOS installation.

For a "noob" I certainly provide better support than most pools, so your insult is invalid.

Yeah, ignore him.

And yes, I have seen your support for your 888 pool on the 888 thread. And I would have to agree you provide better support than most pool operators.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:19:24 PM

Also, need some addnodes if anyone's got em, only running on 3 connections, a bit uncomfortable.
Thanks Smiley

Here ya go

[
{
"addr" : "54.186.33.252:9350",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1404857769,
"lastrecv" : 1404857860,
"bytessent" : 15002,
"bytesrecv" : 152796,
"conntime" : 1404855121,
"pingtime" : 0.00000000,
"version" : 60001,
"subver" : "/Carbon:0.7.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"startingheight" : 116937,
"banscore" : 0,
"syncnode" : true
},
{
"addr" : "54.72.55.183:9350",
"lastsend" : 1404857861,
"lastrecv" : 1404857861,
"bytessent" : 21735,
"bytesrecv" : 40083,
"conntime" : 1404855143,
"subver" : "/Carbon:0.7.0/",
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "54.196.227.51:9350",
"lastsend" : 1404857860,
"lastrecv" : 1404857860,
"bytessent" : 9942,
"bytesrecv" : 28587,
"conntime" : 1404855372,
"subver" : "/Carbon:0.6.3/",
},
{
"addr" : "101.174.161.208:9350",
"lastrecv" : 1404857857,
"bytessent" : 3796,
"bytesrecv" : 25170,
"conntime" : 1404855554,
"version" : 70002,
"subver" : "/Carbon:0.9.1/",
"startingheight" : 116939,
},
{
"addr" : "62.46.170.149:9350",
"lastrecv" : 1404857861,
"bytessent" : 13644,
"bytesrecv" : 32606,
"conntime" : 1404856396,
"version" : 70002,
"subver" : "/Carbon:0.9.1/",
"startingheight" : 116951,
}
]

axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:36:56 PM

Awesome work on the new pool guys. I have been extrememly busy over the last few days so apologies for the radio silence. Basshash hashrate has continued to contribute to the network hashrate throughout this payment freeze so I can assure you all that payments will catch up as soon as the problem has been fixed, I have been in touch with the pool developer today so hope to see a resolution very soon.

In the meantime please everyone be aware that we are on a new github repo at carboncointrust/carboncoincore which we needed to create to make all of the changes necessary with the rollover to 0.9.1 - we want to get majority hashpower on that as soon as is convenient - the basshash hashpower has just dropped so it is fine to just activate this at the new pool and the rest will follow.

Those that haven't yet please also download a new wallet from the new website www.carboncoin.cc. I am going to get everything on these and the ANN threads updated tomorrow as well as making the first round of payments from the development/bounties wallet.

ADD: Solar roadways looks fun - perhaps we could approach them to accept payments in Carboncoin for starters? Speaking of which - we have an "accepted here" sign now finished too which I will also put up here tomorrow.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:54:32 PM

Also please note CARB is now CARBON in the client and should be in services where possible

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:12:37 AM

Yeah, ignore him.

And yes, I have seen your support for your 888 pool on the 888 thread. And I would have to agree you provide better support than most pool operators.

Haha, thanks Smiley
I normally try to avoid smarting off to people and ignore trolls, but his comment caught me right when I was really ticked off, so I had to. Among my numerous projects, I'm turning my main mining rig into a miner/dev box/Mac VM, starting to think I could have saved myself a lot of frustration by NOT using PiMP 1.42 as my starting point, damn thing is broken in so many ways, at least they're getting paid well for it! XD

Jumping into Carbon yesterday was unplanned and unexpected, but definitely caught my interest instantly. Out of the billion things I'm doing the last couple of months, I just hadn't made any time for replacing my dead TeslaX3 pool, so I definitely appreciate Oldminer lighting a fire under me.

It's definitely not easy keeping up with everything, but when I set out to get into the *Coin business "for real", the goal that I set above all others is to take care of my users and customers. You guys probably know me well enough by now to know I don't work in a big fancy office or have a development team or a board of investors, I'm just a lonely 30-something a few months out of a relationship that nearly ended me, lol. I love money as much as the next guy, but if I was in it totally for the money, I'd be doing nothing but launching pools all day every day (like some pool ops I've seen around), ending up with a hundred pools in various states of disrepair and disappointed users everywhere spreading the word. Screw that. I'm prone to screw up every now and then like anyone else but above all I try to put the miners first and stay as transparent as possible about what's happening behind the scenes. It's a formula that has been working pretty damn well these past 5 months. I'm always willing to lend a hand in any way possible, I'm only an email away!

Somewhere on my giant list of stuff to do is stop being lazy and build my "homepage", basically an index of all my pools, games, and services, as well as a support forum and a blog and RSS feed. Things have gotten so bad lately that its hard to make progress simply because I'm bouncing back and forth between, literally, 30-40 tabs of Github pages and 10 ssh sessions, I can't focus on one thing, its a million things at once. But, most of it is for you guys, before long I'll hopefully be announcing a few more interesting ways to entertain you (and a few of your coins :b).

I want everyone's input on if the Carbon crowd would be interested in some gaming apps.. It has occurred to me that gambling apps may not really fit in with the overall theme and vision of CarbonCoin, but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but I'd rather have everyone's opinion on it before doing anything. I have one gaming platform that's ready to go, called Coin-Chance, its a Hi/Lo game that's driven 100% by user investments and when PoS comes would be an excellent way to earn extra coins while the interest builds up. The development on it is pretty much in its final stage, I've worked with the developer quite a bit on Github and privately for a few months getting all the kinks worked out, it won't eat your coins, that's for sure. I have a few other things that I've been poking around at but haven't done anything publicly with yet, including a slot machine, a kinda glitchy SatoshiButtons ripoff game (still taking node.js lessons, I'll eventually be able to un-spaghetti it), and working on some other apps and games of my own. I'm praying RunRev's kickstarter campaign to bring their LiveCode engine to HTML5 succeeds, its the one language I do know inside out, once they port their runtime to run in a browser, the possibilities are endless, plus it takes probably 1/4 the time it'd take to do the same thing in node.js.

@Oldminer, I checked out that video. I've been a techno geek since before I was out of diapers but solar freakin roads? Hell naw, I'd build a solar frickin skyscraper with l.e.d's and frickin "laser beams". A few weeks back there was a big discussion on 4Chan's tech board about it and the general consensus is that it is one of the best inventions ever (along with beer, boobs, and the internet) but it was hard to get an idea of its real-world practicality without having them right outside to test out. When I have a bit more free time I want to see if I can get some hard data on its output, the composition of and construction techniques of the solar substrate and the glass. I couldn't really give you any numbers on it off the top of my head, but seems to me like the overhead energy requirements to power a bank of LED's (depending on quantity and type), heating element, plus a microcontroller and board running them, the pressure switch and charge circuit/voltage regulator, wouldn't allow the entire system to generate much of an energy output beyond supporting itself. Looking at the video, it looks like it requires a great deal of wiring and control hardware underneath, especially the way they were talking about lighting up the roadway in all kinds of ways, like when an animal steps on it. Would need some pretty robust processing and signaling hardware. I gotta do some more research now! I'll definitely be extremely impressed if the panels can perform the way they talk about in the video, feed at least some power back into the grid (or someone's house), and stay lit longer than a couple hours after dark. The programmable and pressure triggered lighting effects sound feasible enough to do given the right techniques but I'm not so sure about the heating element. Most methods of increasing temperature with electricity are horribly power thirsty. I remember my dad buying 50 bucks worth of 9-volt batteries for our electric socks on one hunting trip, didn't last but a few hours total. I'd surely cover as many walkways as possible with the things, not so sure about roadways. No matter how tough that glass is, enough semi trucks at 80mph will destroy it, quickly. I love the shape of them but I'd like to see triangular ones too, tesselated like they do the cheese at subway!

Ok, I better go for now, lol.. I've been writing this post on and off for like 8 hours and it's time to go get something to eat, then back to the drawing board. Let me know what you guys think of any of my crazy/stupid/awesome ideas and feel free to give me some of your own!

Oh, also, about the pool, I'll probably lower the TXfee a bit, but for the block rewards atm, 100 isn't a bad withdrawal fee. I'll do some test transactions later on and see what the wallet's charging. I'll have a look at the src at some point. I honestly hate charging anything at all for mining because I love what I do, but I've gotta keep the servers on, the internet bill paid, and cheezburgers in muh belly. Cheesy

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:13:11 AM

Also please note CARB is now CARBON in the client and should be in services where possible

Gotcha, I'll have it changed in a sec Smiley

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:56:07 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 04:14:17 AM by Oldminer

Awesome work on the new pool guys. I have been extrememly busy over the last few days so apologies for the radio silence. Basshash hashrate has continued to contribute to the network hashrate throughout this payment freeze so I can assure you all that payments will catch up as soon as the problem has been fixed, I have been in touch with the pool developer today so hope to see a resolution very soon.

In the meantime please everyone be aware that we are on a new github repo at carboncointrust/carboncoincore which we needed to create to make all of the changes necessary with the rollover to 0.9.1 - we want to get majority hashpower on that as soon as is convenient - the basshash hashpower has just dropped so it is fine to just activate this at the new pool and the rest will follow.

Those that haven't yet please also download a new wallet from the new website www.carboncoin.cc. I am going to get everything on these and the ANN threads updated tomorrow as well as making the first round of payments from the development/bounties wallet.

ADD: Solar roadways looks fun - perhaps we could approach them to accept payments in Carboncoin for starters? Speaking of which - we have an "accepted here" sign now finished too which I will also put up here tomorrow.

Not a problem..we knew you weren't far away Wink

I already emailed the solar roadways guys a couple of weeks ago regards accepting carboncoin. Not had a response yet, however they do apparently get a 1000 emails a day and said they can take some time to reply to everyone. Fingers crossed they want a piece of the cryptocurrency pie. I sent them links to the CARB homepage and other info..

Good news re the 'accepted here' logo. We need a paper wallet too..I've posted a request here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682947.new#new asking for such...

Im also running latest e-wallet on all my machines. Very nice.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:11:20 PM

Gotcha, I'll have it changed in a sec Smiley

Excellent thank you, can you please confirm that your pool is running off the correct github repo as stated above? (carboncoincore)

I'll give you all of the coin features shortly too so you can get the numbers adding up as they should Smiley

buckminer

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:12:00 PM

Hey guys, downloaded the new wallet but it is only showing one connection but it downloaded the blockchain fine it seems.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:39:58 PM

Hey guys, downloaded the new wallet but it is only showing one connection but it downloaded the blockchain fine it seems.

See above, there's a post or 2 with addnodes you can add to your carboncoin.conf file

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:01:20 PM

edric great to have you onboard with the Carbon community!!  Personally with regards to games and gambling i think would be great! The more uses for the coin the better!!! Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:28:56 PM

Amended the front page of this thread and the dev timline - please message me if I have missed anything. It's getting translated in the near future too!

DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:00:42 AM

Down to two exchanges and one of them has had 0 vol for weeks.  Working exchange is awful and uses target advertising of kiddie games(shows that the avg carb holder is a kid who should be playing creeps).  When coined up goes down or removes coin, Carb will die.  Even pools are ran by small time noobs.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:23:40 AM

don't interrupt their topic bump schedule lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:44:50 AM

Hey guys, anyone here got Adobe Illustrator & a few mins to upload the CARB logo here http://cryptocards.co/?page_id=569

Here's a list of cards already available that others have uploaded http://cryptocards.co/?post_type=product

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:08:40 PM

Hey guys, anyone here got Adobe Illustrator & a few mins to upload the CARB logo here http://cryptocards.co/?page_id=569

Here's a list of cards already available that others have uploaded http://cryptocards.co/?post_type=product

I've got the illustrator files if anyone wants to have a play with them, this service looks good.

Anyone wanting to have an academic discussion about what we're trying to achieve here check the vid I posted over on Carboncointalk and give a comment, it's spot-on

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:38:16 PM

Accepted here added to thread and website: http://carboncoin.cc/point-of-sale.html

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:24:43 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 07:37:07 AM by Oldminer

Anyone wanting to have an academic discussion about what we're trying to achieve here check the vid I posted over on Carboncointalk and give a comment, it's spot-on

I watched the video and found it very interesting. Can you elaborate more in layman's terms however on what exactly it is you want to achieve with Carboncoin, and how? (ie perhaps provide an example of your ideas in motion for us non-academic types lol). I'm sure there's a few people here would like to ask the same question but are too afraid to ask.

cheers

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: