Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:55:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195643 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dubbya

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:10:01 PM

It seems like hashing.at having a hashrate 30+ times every other pool is causing problems for the other pools. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:17:48 PM

This coin has MASSIVE potential to make money for both investors and for the charity they support.

The non-profit application is GOLD for getting press in the coming weeks. Journalist's LOVE being the first to cover the next "tech that's good for humanity" stuff. If the charity fund draws in enough money to legitimately help ANYONE who needs clean water, and there is press there to see/film/write about it, then it is a solid bet that there will be a new "sure thing" coin investors can feel GOOD about investing in. (Greed is much better served on a plate bought at a charity auction. ;p). This means more money, which means more water, which means more press, which means more money, which means....

We all have seen the potential for crypto-currencies to create new avenues to funnel much needed money to charity causes by tapping in to people's desire to trade up! While it is really nice to see coins sending a team to the Olympics and such, imagine the impact of seeing fresh water brought to thirsty kids! It is GREAT to be part of new and innovative avenues to bring prosperity and much needed physical resources to people who would otherwise be lacking of both, all just by trying to make a buck! This crypto-coin phenomenon has a lot of potential to fundamentally change the flow of revenue to new demographics, and ensure it is not just lining the pockets of bankers who turn around and loan it out to those who actually need it at outrageous interest!

All that is standing in the way of one of these charity coins surpassing everyone's expectations and changing people's lives is a team of hardworking, honest developers, some good marketing, and others along the way willing to push it along when their help is required. I hope that this team can live up to those requirements and that investors are aplenty.

I am excited about a few coins for various reasons, but this is the only one I have been excited enough about to break my own rule and invest in pre-launch without knowing anyone on the development team from any previous projects or partnerships. As an investor, the marriage of charity causes and high-risk potential for HUGE profits is a no-brainer. The potential for profit is exciting, and the potential for passively helping a good cause is icing on the cake. The Non-profit app submission, good communication by the dev team, phone numbers, locations, etc made public....it was enough to entrust a relatively small amount of BTC to get on board the train early and just hope the tracks don't run out.

And IDEA:I would like to see a pop-up when I receive incoming coins to my wallet, asking me if I would like to donate whatever % to the public charity fund wallet. I can imagine a LOT of people would be willing to donate that way. You just need to gain trust, and that can be done by doing exactly what you already said you were going to do and proving you did it. =)

One last thing, it is IMPERATIVE that this coin use the most power-efficient mode of mining possible, for obvious reasons. You don't want to preach environmentalism and drive a monster truck.

I'll be watching this one closely, as will a lot of others, I am sure. Do it right, and it will EXPLODE. Do it wrong, and....well, most of us have already seen it done wrong and know where the coin ends up. =)

I wish this team and this coin the BEST of luck and will support this coin publicly until I am given reason to cease doing so.

Fantastic post. Everyone should give this a read.

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
kelvinliong

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:43:39 PM

This coin has MASSIVE potential to make money for both investors and for the charity they support.

The non-profit application is GOLD for getting press in the coming weeks. Journalist's LOVE being the first to cover the next "tech that's good for humanity" stuff. If the charity fund draws in enough money to legitimately help ANYONE who needs clean water, and there is press there to see/film/write about it, then it is a solid bet that there will be a new "sure thing" coin investors can feel GOOD about investing in. (Greed is much better served on a plate bought at a charity auction. ;p). This means more money, which means more water, which means more press, which means more money, which means....

We all have seen the potential for crypto-currencies to create new avenues to funnel much needed money to charity causes by tapping in to people's desire to trade up! While it is really nice to see coins sending a team to the Olympics and such, imagine the impact of seeing fresh water brought to thirsty kids! It is GREAT to be part of new and innovative avenues to bring prosperity and much needed physical resources to people who would otherwise be lacking of both, all just by trying to make a buck! This crypto-coin phenomenon has a lot of potential to fundamentally change the flow of revenue to new demographics, and ensure it is not just lining the pockets of bankers who turn around and loan it out to those who actually need it at outrageous interest!

All that is standing in the way of one of these charity coins surpassing everyone's expectations and changing people's lives is a team of hardworking, honest developers, some good marketing, and others along the way willing to push it along when their help is required. I hope that this team can live up to those requirements and that investors are aplenty.

I am excited about a few coins for various reasons, but this is the only one I have been excited enough about to break my own rule and invest in pre-launch without knowing anyone on the development team from any previous projects or partnerships. As an investor, the marriage of charity causes and high-risk potential for HUGE profits is a no-brainer. The potential for profit is exciting, and the potential for passively helping a good cause is icing on the cake. The Non-profit app submission, good communication by the dev team, phone numbers, locations, etc made public....it was enough to entrust a relatively small amount of BTC to get on board the train early and just hope the tracks don't run out.

And IDEA:I would like to see a pop-up when I receive incoming coins to my wallet, asking me if I would like to donate whatever % to the public charity fund wallet. I can imagine a LOT of people would be willing to donate that way. You just need to gain trust, and that can be done by doing exactly what you already said you were going to do and proving you did it. =)

One last thing, it is IMPERATIVE that this coin use the most power-efficient mode of mining possible, for obvious reasons. You don't want to preach environmentalism and drive a monster truck.

I'll be watching this one closely, as will a lot of others, I am sure. Do it right, and it will EXPLODE. Do it wrong, and....well, most of us have already seen it done wrong and know where the coin ends up. =)

I wish this team and this coin the BEST of luck and will support this coin publicly until I am given reason to cease doing so.

I strongly agree that there will be many journalists reporting about this coin.

Let's color the MOON: YENui1eF9LuVpZiTdp8Vf4G77cgnnkDDTD
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:50:14 PM

Support Clean Water Coin on Thunderclap!

We are 25% of the way to completing our Thunderclap Social Goal! Please visit our Digital Drops Charity Page on Thunderclap and show your support so that we can amplify our message and cause across Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr. Help us build an amazing community that provides clean water to those in need around the world.

tendend

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:50:27 PM

I'm looking to buy around 0.2 btc worth of WATER, pm me offers if you're selling.
bump
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:52:23 PM

https://water.suprnova.cc

is at 0% Fee currently
We've got EU Stratum Nodes
Are finding Blocks on a regular basis
we ARE paying out every minute..

hop in ! :-)

Please dont forget to withdraw your mined coins ! Thanks

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Frosty45

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:54:13 PM

Just a quick question about the PoS system for this coin is it 8% per year? Congrats on your launch!
Napping

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:02:42 PM

so what happened to official pool? Is this being worked on?
johnies

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:09:22 PM

No, it's waste of time. Try water.mining-man.com, it works great for me at least.

DigitalDrops

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:12:04 PM

We have another one of the community pool operators working on this for us, and we will give everyone an update soon. What is likely happening is blocks are being found, but in our attempts yesterday to get the DDoS under control -- we may have fiddled with some of the server settings that are causing the reporting to be off.
PoolMingo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:24:25 PM

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with PROP
Server Location: Europe
Pro Hardware: 10 Gb fiber optic connection
Storage: Fast ZFS based environment with SSD cache and 32 disks.
CPU: Xeon 64bit / 32 CPU cores
Ram: 128 GB RAM.
Fee: 0%

Mingopool is working smooth! but we need a little more miners to have a good block finding average!

Join us, give us your hashes! it will be worth!

---> MINGOPOOL <---
DigitalDrops

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:36:29 PM

Can someone test the payouts on the official pool? 99.9% sure we are all squared away.

And as expected, blocks were being found -- just a reporting issue that got messed up when we were trying to get her under control from the DDoS from yesterday.
dubbya

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:39:41 PM

No, it's waste of time. Try water.mining-man.com, it works great for me at least.

Just checked my mining-man account that was stuck and it seems to be confirming again.
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:44:47 PM

Alright, http://pool.cleanwatercoin.org/ is functioning properly and processing payouts. The pool had been finding blocks throughout the night but the front end wasn't getting that info and displaying it so it looked like we had been stuck on 1 block for ever. Over the last 12 hours or so the pool found 16 blocks. If you haven't received your coins yet go and request a manual payout and you will receive them--you should also see coins earned from last night that hadn't registered until now. Sorry for the issues there.

Remember to spread the hash!

johnies

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:46:28 PM

Just checked my mining-man account that was stuck and it seems to be confirming again.

Complicated. It would be nice to find a good working pool.
Invisible Hands

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:50:46 PM

It seems like hashing.at having a hashrate 30+ times every other pool is causing problems for the other pools.  

Only it doesn't.

hashing.at has ~750MH/s
dedicated pool has ~475MH/s
and there is a multipool with over 1000MH/s

The problem is that payouts over 15k coins screws up everything.  Pools should have max payouts of 15,000 coins until the dev fixes this problem.
DigitalDrops

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

Only it doesn't.

hashing.at has ~750MH/s
dedicated pool has ~475MH/s
and there is a multipool with over 1000MH/s

The problem is that payouts over 15k coins screws up everything.  Pools should have max payouts of 15,000 coins until the dev fixes this problem.

That was actually fixed quite some time ago. Pools should be pulling the changes from: https://github.com/CleanWaterCoin/cleanwatercoin.git

Just recompile and run it instead of the old version.
BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:09:34 PM

what's about detail for the charity: water is a 501 (c)(3) 
what to do for details? i saw the goal is $3,000 and now the IPO BTC is 26, that's about $11,934 .
can you tell me pls?
stratoos

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:19:13 PM

I strongly agree that there will be many journalists reporting about this coin.

Its obvious, WATER is the coin of the year! They made something that wasn't before, a true organization based on crypto coins.
Napping

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:24:25 PM

confirmed got payout from official pool. expected ammount.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: