Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:38:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195645 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ghostbackwards

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:57:56 AM

In the mean time H2Ocoin is actively mining and functional with a community full of dev support in the event something does go wrong. Despite the completely false facts that have been spread around by Cwc.

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#H2OCoin

Come check H2Ocoin out. Find Exchanges, pools and more in the irc.

H2O: HTCaa6CSiYRDUnGo5WcSfydzYifwd9CvfK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iiikkkxj

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:59:41 AM

get back to 6,999 , or this coin will die soon.
johnies

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:12:04 AM

The coin is not dead, it will just attract new miners as the price rises, assuming the dev team continues development.

It can't go much lower than 3-6 sats, right?

It can't go lower, but after block 8000 when people are getting 1000 coins a day no one is going to mine anything which is only worth 3000 - 6000 satoshi per day.
True. Everyone saying this situation might bring us some good in a future has absolutley no idea what 450 mil coins put into circulation in just ONE DAY mean for the coin, project, economy and the people who support it. There is a clear difference between steady grow and big inflation with shitload of worthless coins.

The only solution is to fork at 7000 and reverse a blockchain. I'd rather loose some pissed of miners who mined millions of coins during those 24 hours period, then people who have been with CWC from the begining.

I personally won't support it if blocks between 7000-8000 become valid. I just don't see the point and future for CWC then.

If you make too many pop-tarts, and you sell a lot of them cheaply to get rid of stock, it is not fair or right to then go hunt down the owners of the pop-tarts you sold and steal them back without giving said owners just compensation for their loss.

This is why I suggested using the re-launch, but with pre-mine set aside to compensate people who bought coins during this whole debacle. They could send the "old" coins to a dev wallet, and upon receipt, the dev could send an equal number of "new" coins to them.

Your example isn't exactly working, but going for it: If the pop tarts were stolen and if you knew it, you would lose your money. That's the law in every country I know. Too bad you bought them, but maybe next time you will learn that majority of people do consider dishonest people disgusting.

Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:19:04 AM

The coin is not dead, it will just attract new miners as the price rises, assuming the dev team continues development.

It can't go lower, but after block 8000 when people are getting 1000 coins a day no one is going to mine anything which is only worth 3000 - 6000 satoshi per day.
True. Everyone saying this situation might bring us some good in a future has absolutley no idea what 450 mil coins put into circulation in just ONE DAY mean for the coin, project, economy and the people who support it. There is a clear difference between steady grow and big inflation with shitload of worthless coins.

The only solution is to fork at 7000 and reverse a blockchain. I'd rather loose some pissed of miners who mined millions of coins during those 24 hours period, then people who have been with CWC from the begining.

I personally won't support it if blocks between 7000-8000 become valid. I just don't see the point and future for CWC then.

If you make too many pop-tarts, and you sell a lot of them cheaply to get rid of stock, it is not fair or right to then go hunt down the owners of the pop-tarts you sold and steal them back without giving said owners just compensation for their loss.

This is why I suggested using the re-launch, but with pre-mine set aside to compensate people who bought coins during this whole debacle. They could send the "old" coins to a dev wallet, and upon receipt, the dev could send an equal number of "new" coins to them.

Your example isn't exactly working, but going for it: If the pop tarts were stolen and if you knew it, you will lose your money. That's the law in every country I know. Too bad you bought them, but maybe next time you will learn that majority of people do consider dishonest people disgusting.

I think you need to quit sniffing glue. If you think an exchange is going to rescind trades or purchases just because some dev made a mistake, your losing the plot. Buying a coin cheap from a dumper doesn't make the buyer greedy or dishonest, and an exchange couldn't care less. An offer was made and a trade occurred...end of.
Water_kel

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:21:59 AM

I just want to warn that the dev team hasn't made the final decision of the solution to this issue.
leewilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:22:16 AM

No, you won't. But the project will very much be over imho.

Yes it will / is. That's why I think the devs should reconsider and return to block 6999. If someone buys millions of WATER-coins with a BTC right now then he definitely knows there is a bug going on and he is only taking advantage of the situation. He should also know that in these cases there is a very high risk of losing it all. So instead of trying to save some guys pennies the devs should try to save the Clear Water Coin. Beside, con artists say that only dishonest men can be cheated. I very much believe the saying covers this situation right now.

Dishonest, like the super branded and advertised charity water being a false front to proselytize the teachings of jesus christ as the savior unto international communities/cultures worldwide in order for them to receive clean water...at least until the water pumps break and charity water is no where to be found?
Classy.
http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/13814-the-problem-with-charity-water

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
ibfragalot

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:30:52 AM

I'm not sure why some people complaining so much? I had never heard of this coin until today when I saw it on top of the topics. Now I'm mining as it seems like a good time to jump in, and I've voted for WATER at MintPal.

I only have a tiny rig so can't get massive profits but still I'm not jealous of those with farms who would have got lots of coins during the issue. Is it just jealousy some people were lucky?

Or is it another coin (h20) doing some FUD and trying to steal users?

In any case I think the attention this coin has now got far outweighs the issue with a few hours of big rewards.

Raghiot

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:34:38 AM

we can return to mine?

MINT = MkcZw2Shxb81yQQnxL6r6vCrm7GsaBxgnu
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:37:17 AM

Oh man these miners must be loving it, even a 7MH rig would be pulling in 2 Mill WATERS even at 4 sats thats about 0.07 BTC a day. Spewing I dont have access my rig.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 11:41:23 AM

The coin's value is based on what it is used for and the user's perception of it's value, and how many you have to throw around.

If the coin moves forward with it's intended purpose, it will receive positive value and image. EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE MILLIONS OF COINS IN PLAY the price will rise significantly if you can achieve positive perception/value. I do not know if the dev team still wants to try to do that. So that is for them to decide I suppose.

This coin can completely outpace these issues if it keeps on going. New-blood will come with exposure (exchanges, press) and constant PR from devs and community. Also, development on the tech side (Phone app!). This is how other coins do it, there is no reason this coin cannot do it.

If the perception is positive, value will rise and miners will mine and the nobody will care about the dreaded 7000 block accept the haters.

Man, I am tired. Almost 5Am here!

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 11:43:46 AM

I'm not sure why some people complaining so much? I had never heard of this coin until today when I saw it on top of the topics. Now I'm mining as it seems like a good time to jump in, and I've voted for WATER at MintPal.

I only have a tiny rig so can't get massive profits but still I'm not jealous of those with farms who would have got lots of coins during the issue. Is it just jealousy some people were lucky?

In any case I think the attention this coin has now got far outweighs the issue with a few hours of big rewards.

Not sure if I'll have to jump into this conversation if this stuff continues.

Please, don't mention H2O if you're into this specific coin. By just mentioning us you're advertising us. ( Which is good for H2O, thank you! )
We're 2 different coins, focused on charity.

Others give more to the charities, others less.

We don't need anyone's attention, because this issue happened. Things can be fixed.
"Don't laugh with other people's pain/bad situation".

Ask in #CleanWaterCoin IRC what was my offer, and what response I got.

The difference between our 2 coins is:

We're H2O, with a PRE-ANN since 1st March. ( Yeah, we had issues. So? We're back on track - EDITED )

Sorry if anyone gets offended, but I'm bored to have people to send me posts all the time how 'WATER community" is trying to compete with H2O.

I'm not competing with anyone, nor I'm going to.
Childish games are supposed to be played outside, in the park, not here, when it comes to such matter.

I hope the issue gets resolved ASAP. I know what it means to have a entire community "on your back".

Wish you the best.

@ThisWeeksCoin

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:01:29 PM

The coin's value is based on what it is used for and the user's perception of it's value, and how many you have to throw around.

If the coin moves forward with it's intended purpose, it will receive positive value and image. EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE MILLIONS OF COINS IN PLAY the price will rise significantly if you can achieve positive perception/value. I do not know if the dev team still wants to try to do that. So that is for them to decide I suppose.

This coin can completely outpace these issues if it keeps on going. New-blood will come with exposure (exchanges, press) and constant PR from devs and community. Also, development on the tech side (Phone app!). This is how other coins do it, there is no reason this coin cannot do it.

If the perception is positive, value will rise and miners will mine and the nobody will care about the dreaded 7000 block accept the haters.

I dont mean to be stickler but the miner with 158 MH on SuchPool is not going to care about the coins 'future' He will dump his millions of coins whenever the price rises even by a little. Same as every other miner mining millions of WATERS.
I feel a little cheated with this coin though. I was there at launch and have been slowly mining. Im up to about 100000 WATER thinking i had a nice little stash. Now this happens and i could have made that in 2 hours with this mistake from the devs. Meh, next coin.
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:05:58 PM

Guys, could anyone of you create a poll or english written petition for developers team, where we (those who do not support fork at 8000, rather reversing a blockchain to 6999) would demand exacly that kind of action? There is absolutley no way I am going to accept any decision different then reversing a blockchain, leaving all those 7000-8000 worthless coins where they belong. Otherwise I will just quit.

Is there any support for this decision?
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:10:04 PM

Guys, could anyone of you create a poll or english written petition for developers team, where we (those who do not support fork at 8000, rather reversing a blockchain to 6999) would demand exacly that kind of action? There is absolutley no way I am going to accept any decision different then reversing a blockchain, leaving all those 7000-8000 worthless coins where they belong. Otherwise I will just quit.

Is there any support for this decision?

There is good reason to reset. It leaves a lot of clueless people stranded without some sort of compensation plan, which I don't see happening unless the devs create a stash for it somehow. There is no FDIC for coin holders.  Undecided

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
platorin

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:29:36 PM

There is actually a way to do it but it would require quite a lot of work:

1. Reset the coin and start from the genesis block.
2. On the genesis block, premine all the coins that were created before 7000 block.
3. Check the blockchain back for adresses balance.
4. Prepare a form for people to fill. Everyone will have to send his/her adresses list with the right coins quantity number. Devs will then compare it to the old blockchain and if everything matches, you will receive the same ammount of coins you had before the reset.
jeffminer

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:35:24 PM

I dont mean to be stickler but the miner with 158 MH on SuchPool is not going to care about the coins 'future' He will dump his millions of coins whenever the price rises even by a little. Same as every other miner mining millions of WATERS.
I feel a little cheated with this coin though. I was there at launch and have been slowly mining. Im up to about 100000 WATER thinking i had a nice little stash. Now this happens and i could have made that in 2 hours with this mistake from the devs. Meh, next coin.

Every seller has a buyer.  And those buyers will get POS.   
jeffminer

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:38:25 PM

It means the price will (in the short term) hit rock bottom.  But its better than loss of confidence with a reset.  Plus, to sell those coins someone obviously has to buy them, and the new buyers are more likely to hold for the POS, meaning the price will go up from there right?
jeffminer

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:40:26 PM

Good point, this is actually a truck load of PR for WATER.  And people are still mining / selling / buying.  If they can pull through as smoothly as possible, the coin actually could have a boost....
platorin

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:51:35 PM

It means the price will (in the short term) hit rock bottom.  But its better than loss of confidence with a reset.  Plus, to sell those coins someone obviously has to buy them, and the new buyers are more likely to hold for the POS, meaning the price will go up from there right?

No, there are too few people around the project and too many coins around. It will take years to stabilize the price around the value which could have been achived if the block reward weren't messed up. Moreover there is no certainty it will ever happen. All that could have been done for the charity with the stable, progresive value increase will be lost if devs decide to leave 450.000.000 coins on the market. Not mentioning the lost trust.
ibfragalot

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:54:24 PM

The markets are going crazy with heaps of people going BUY BUY BUY!!!

I've never seen a coin sell so fast!!!

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: