Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:00:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195656 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IntroVert

Activity: 265
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:57:46 PM

If the blockchain is not reversed to block 7000, then the most rational behavior is to dump all mined/bought coins relatively quickly. If not, then due to this error, all early supporters and miners will have been diluted into oblivion. Also, if the total issue of coins is still at 1 billion, the miner reward will have to decrease drastically, and for lot of people there would be no incentive to mine CWC. In addition, you have no assurance that this kind of thing would not repeat again, so if you let the post error coins stand, you are only assured that they will live by the next fork whenever that happens. So why keep those coins and not exchange them for something more established that would keep value?

The team should let us know if the total number of coins and mining rewards will now change.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:06:04 PM

When is the new wallet coming? Have pools got new wallet?
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:19:40 PM

If the blockchain is not reversed to block 7000, then the most rational behavior is to dump all mined/bought coins relatively quickly. If not, then due to this error, all early supporters and miners will have been diluted into oblivion. Also, if the total issue of coins is still at 1 billion, the miner reward will have to decrease drastically, and for lot of people there would be no incentive to mine CWC. In addition, you have no assurance that this kind of thing would not repeat again, so if you let the post error coins stand, you are only assured that they will live by the next fork whenever that happens. So why keep those coins and not exchange them for something more established that would keep value?

The team should let us know if the total number of coins and mining rewards will now change.
True. If we won't start again from block number 7000, those who supported the project from its begining will lost the most including the project itself. There is a lot of greedy people buying/selling/mining at this moment. I very much doubt they care anything about charity and basic CWC idea. I, also, am convinced many valued supporters will leave the community and the project will not support water to anyone due to its instability.
IntroVert

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:24:51 PM

True. If we won't start again from block number 7000, those who supported the project from its begining will lost the most including the project itself. There is a lot of greedy people buying/selling/mining at this moment. I very much doubt they care anything about charity and basic CWC idea. I, also, am convinced many valued supporters will leave the community and the project will not support water to anyone due to its instability.

Agreed. For me it is not really an issue anymore how may coins I end up having, but what they do to make this right. Only then I will decide whether I continue to support this project.
Tekkerr

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:26:41 PM

Well I was mining for at least 5 day's before this happened, want me to stop mining now when I have done in 15 minutes what I have done in 5+ day's ?
No you can't be willing that, so I am still mining this, and will keep on mining later, the project is nice. But if I miss out any of my coins pré- or after fork I will move on immediately ... Coins worth a bunch or not, it really doesn't matter what they are worth !

edit* overreacted with day's mining Smiley
johnies

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:36:27 PM

Well I was mining for at least 10 day's before this happened, want me to stop mining now when I have done in 15 minutes what I have done in 10+ day's ?
No you can't be willing that, so I am still mining this, and will keep on mining later, the project is nice. But if I miss out any of my coins pré- or after fork I will move on immediately ... Coins worth a bunch or not, it really doesn't matter what they are worth !

Well Mr. At Least 10+ Days, the coin launched a week ago. And for the rest of it, I couldn't make out anything more of it than a large written sentence: 'I'm greedy lying sob'.
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:36:37 PM

Well I was mining for at least 5 day's before this happened, want me to stop mining now when I have done in 15 minutes what I have done in 10+ day's ?
You need to understand that the basic idea of CWC was to provide water to those who need it. To do that, the coin needs few vectors. The most important are:

1. Community
2. Stable distribution
3. Stable price growth
4. Trust

Which, do you think, will not fit if we leave 450.000.000 coins? It's not a matter of how many YOU DID mine. It's rather the importance of those four points above and contradiction which the issue with those 1000 blocks brought.

Simply, leaving those coins will make the project loose its basic ideas of charity.

THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD CARE ABOUT.
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:39:33 PM

We have updated to the new wallet

MineP.it WATER Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers get mining.

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://water.minep.it:3349 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Register Now!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
Tekkerr

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:50:28 PM

Well I was mining for at least 5 day's before this happened, want me to stop mining now when I have done in 15 minutes what I have done in 10+ day's ?
You need to understand that the basic idea of CWC was to provide water to those who need it. To do that, the coin needs few vectors. The most important are:

1. Community
2. Stable distribution
3. Stable price growth
4. Trust

Which, do you think, will not fit if we leave 450.000.000 coins? It's not a matter of how many YOU DID mine. It's rather the importance of those four points above and contradiction which the issue with those 1000 blocks brought.

Simply, leaving those coins will make the project loose its basic ideas of charity.

THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD CARE ABOUT.

I agree and well, I could mine a percentage off those 450.000.000 and if people care enough about the charity, they could jump in and lease a rig and damage control, it doesn't cost allot to do so if you'r with allot.
Maybe hold and/or reserve a few cwc for donation ? That would be community, not yelling and screaming here ...
ibfragalot

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:03:18 PM

While a handful of you are whining like teenage girls who just got their allowance garnished by daddy, everyone else is buying a nice stash of coins at crazy prices and getting on with our lives  Grin

6/10 needs moar dramatic threats to leave

jeffminer

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:36:42 PM

While a handful of you are whining like teenage girls who just got their allowance garnished by daddy, everyone else is buying a nice stash of coins at crazy prices and getting on with our lives  Grin

6/10 needs moar dramatic threats to leave

+1
Napping

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:04:57 PM

I dont' understand the whole fork concept. do I need to get new wallet? what happens to old wallet/ coins in it?
gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:05:37 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 03:18:36 PM by gpools

+1
Palaxidon

Activity: 462

Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 03:27:21 PM

I'm not sure why some people complaining so much? I had never heard of this coin until today when I saw it on top of the topics. Now I'm mining as it seems like a good time to jump in, and I've voted for WATER at MintPal.

I only have a tiny rig so can't get massive profits but still I'm not jealous of those with farms who would have got lots of coins during the issue. Is it just jealousy some people were lucky?

Or is it another coin (h20) doing some FUD and trying to steal users?

In any case I think the attention this coin has now got far outweighs the issue with a few hours of big rewards.

I cant agree more with you! +10000

zhouhuiyan520

Activity: 182

Community

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:33:47 PM

I agree with you. I am not an IT guys, but I guess they could shut down all the nodes, release a new client with reversed blockchain, new nodes and reforked to 7000 block. If the argument against it is 60% of people will have to accept the change, then I am pretty sure all the Clean Water Coin supporters will do that and we will operate on the right fork, while the second one with 450.000.000 coins (1/2 cap value) will die eventually.

Honestly, if they fork at 8000 leaving all those mined coins, I'm out. This is the worst thing they could do for CWC.

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah
IntroVert

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:46:57 PM

We are now at block 7730, putting us about 9 hours away from the fork. This means there is enough time for the team to explain what exactly happens at the fork. For a coin that made communication early on one if its major strengths, makes the lack of updates really disconcerting. Understanding that you are in crisis mode, we need to know what is the exact path forward chosen here.
Tekkerr

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:47:47 PM

I agree with you. I am not an IT guys, but I guess they could shut down all the nodes, release a new client with reversed blockchain, new nodes and reforked to 7000 block. If the argument against it is 60% of people will have to accept the change, then I am pretty sure all the Clean Water Coin supporters will do that and we will operate on the right fork, while the second one with 450.000.000 coins (1/2 cap value) will die eventually.

Honestly, if they fork at 8000 leaving all those mined coins, I'm out. This is the worst thing they could do for CWC.

What about the coins, people bought between those 7000-8000 on an exchange, they will vanish, those are hard Bitcoins worth you are trying to delete ... I don't know but it's not that simple as just reverting a blockchain.
Aur3

Activity: 378

Embrace change

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:51:32 PM

What about the coins, people bought between those 7000-8000 on an exchange, they will vanish, those are hard Bitcoins worth you are trying to delete ... I don't know but it's not that simple as just reverting a blockchain.
That would be stupid, it's like 5BTC++ we are talkin about.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
ficklepickle

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 03:55:17 PM

That would be stupid, it's like 5BTC++ we are talkin about.

Is Bitrex alright?  I've been converting Doge to BTC to Cleanwatercoins there since this launched.  Should I keep buying?

anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:55:43 PM

I'm not sure why some people complaining so much? I had never heard of this coin until today when I saw it on top of the topics. Now I'm mining as it seems like a good time to jump in, and I've voted for WATER at MintPal.

I only have a tiny rig so can't get massive profits but still I'm not jealous of those with farms who would have got lots of coins during the issue. Is it just jealousy some people were lucky?

Or is it another coin (h20) doing some FUD and trying to steal users?

In any case I think the attention this coin has now got far outweighs the issue with a few hours of big rewards.

I cant agree more with you! +10000

How can you agree with that? I mean, yes people make mistakes but the reality is that this was a pretty big one and it created massive whales who will dump at every rise in value. The coin is stuck at low prices for a long long time, basically making sure it dies slowly. I'm not from H20 coin btw, I think having 2 water coins is pretty retarded.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: