Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:42:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinSpinner  (Read 45008 times)
BitLucky

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 05:43:17 PM

Hi, I have an unconfirmed tx in bitcoin spinner... it hasn't sent my bitcoins to the address and isn't appearing in the block chain :S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 07:10:04 PM

Hi, I have an unconfirmed tx in bitcoin spinner... it hasn't sent my bitcoins to the address and isn't appearing in the block chain :S

You can check all pending/unconfirmed bitcoin transactions at bitcoincharts.com. Search for your address there and make sure the transaction was sent. If it's neither there nor in the blockchain, then there may be a problem.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
BitLucky

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 08:08:29 PM

You can check all pending/unconfirmed bitcoin transactions at bitcoincharts.com. Search for your address there and make sure the transaction was sent. If it's neither there nor in the blockchain, then there may be a problem.

I can't find it anywhere.

I have uninstalled bitcoin spinner and restored my wallet using the QR code backup and now the client says balance "unknown" and coins on their way to you "unknown" Sad
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 08:39:46 PM

I can't find it anywhere.

I have uninstalled bitcoin spinner and restored my wallet using the QR code backup and now the client says balance "unknown" and coins on their way to you "unknown" Sad

That's sounds pretty odd.

Well, if you're willing to post enough personal info about the transaction (or send it to Jan) your coins can be tracked, which will provide clues as to what happened. Not that that would recover your coins if they were sent to the wrong address....

At the very least, the address the coins were sent from, and where they were sent to, would probably be needed.

Alternatively, have you tried copying the private key and importing it into another client?

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
BitLucky

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 09:00:05 PM

I tried importing the private key (the spinner backup QR code) to my BlockChain wallet but got an error message Sad
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 09:25:11 PM

I tried importing the private key (the spinner backup QR code) to my BlockChain wallet but got an error message Sad

Just to be sure, you used BitcoinSpinner's "Advanced" settings option and used "Export Private Key," right? That's not the same code as the wallet backup.

BitLucky

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 09:31:39 PM

Just to be sure, you used BitcoinSpinner's "Advanced" settings option and used "Export Private Key," right? That's not the same code as the wallet backup.

I wasn't, but I just tried that and got an error message too : " Error importing private key: Unknown Key Format " tried importing to strongcoin and got a similar message : " Error: Not a valid Private Key "
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 09:46:03 PM

I wasn't, but I just tried that and got an error message too : " Error importing private key: Unknown Key Format " tried importing to strongcoin and got a similar message : " Error: Not a valid Private Key "

Hmm. Well, I'm stumped. Sounds like the latest update may have a bug or two, in which case you should probably wait on Jan. He might want your phone model, OS version, and version of BitcoinSpinner too for good measure.

Last attempt: try going to Blockexplorer and looking for your first BitcoinSpinner address, and see what happened to your coins after they were initially sent to the address. If they didn't move from that address at all, it sounds like they may be lost for good. OTOH, maybe, just maybe the address produced was invalid, and the original coins never left your desktop client (if Blockexplorer reports your address as never having been seen, that's a good sign.)

Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 09:52:05 PM

The server had some problems as it is low on memory. Everything is working now, but I'll have to increase memory soon.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
BitLucky

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 09:54:14 PM

Hmm. Well, I'm stumped. Sounds like the latest update may have a bug or two, in which case you should probably wait on Jan. He might want your phone model, OS version, and version of BitcoinSpinner too for good measure.

Last attempt: try going to Blockexplorer and looking for your first BitcoinSpinner address, and see what happened to your coins after they were initially sent to the address. If they didn't move from that address at all, it sounds like they may be lost for good. OTOH, maybe, just maybe the address produced was invalid, and the original coins never left your desktop client (if Blockexplorer reports your address as never having been seen, that's a good sign.)

I have been using bitcoin spinner for a while, there is no problem with the address, the bitcoins are still there and havent moved. Hopefully it's my phone that is messing around. I'll wait for Jan to get back to me (i've emailed him). Cheers for your help so far Smiley
BitLucky

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 09:59:39 PM

The server had some problems as it is low on memory. Everything is working now, but I'll have to increase memory soon.
Just as you wrote this my spinner started to spin, and it now works Cheesy cheers Jan!
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 10:07:31 PM

Jan, are BitcoinSpinner private keys still in SIPA format?  It seemed odd that neither Blockchain nor Strongcoin recognized it.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

Jan, are BitcoinSpinner private keys still in SIPA format?  It seemed odd that neither Blockchain nor Strongcoin recognized it.

Yes, SIPA is the format. However you cannot use the backup QR code when importing. You have to use the one from Settings-> Advanced -> Export.
I am travelling right now, so I have to keep this brief.

BitLucky

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 10:20:16 PM

Yes, SIPA is the format. However you cannot use the backup QR code when importing. You have to use the one from Settings-> Advanced -> Export.
I am travelling right now, so I have to keep this brief.
I tried doing that and it didn't work. I'll try again and report back.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 04:06:04 AM

BitcoinSpinner server side is currently down while I increase the memory of the server.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 09:00:26 AM

BitcoinSpinner server side is currently down while I increase the memory of the server.
Done

pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 09:44:59 AM

thank you jan!

...and please don't get hacked in the next time....
it seems to a virus or something like this travels around

Cheesy

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:22:03 PM

Done

Jan, its really important you get Spinner passworded.  its necessary in general and also would give you a leg up on Bitcoin Wallet.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:41:29 PM

Jan, its really important you get Spinner passworded.  its necessary in general and also would give you a leg up on Bitcoin Wallet.

Yes, you are right. It is on my list.

Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 09:33:30 PM

We need to talk Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: