Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:46:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple the next bitcoin?  (Read 31107 times)
swordking

Activity: 449
Merit: 10

swordking

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

As we all have seen ripple has been quite strong these past few days and with all that it has done over the past months compared to most other currencies and the launch of xrapid is actually starting to show in its price.
There is so much talk about ripple taking over bitcoin and being 10$ what are your thoughts on this?
The discussion and the subject is a bit different .You were saying about few update by ripple but it still quite impossible to be the bitcoin .Its a centralized bank project as i know its totally controlled by them so i think there is no chance to be a huge one like bitcoin.
Indeed true mate, One of the greatest difference between Bitcoin and Ripple is that the Bitcoin is decentralized and that means no one has control over it and on the other hand Ripple is completely centralized which means it has under authorities control. So why does OP thinks Ripple would be next Bitcoin.

my account was hacked by moondefi since past few years。 the moondefi is a scam, be careful!
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 01:30:06 PM

The owner of this coin can generate ripples anytime. How will this kind of coin be trusted for investment like the trust bitcoin got? It's almost impossible for XRP to even get near to bitcoin's dominance.
XRP can never be considered as crypto next to bitcoin. And as of now, there's no existing crypto that can even tie up with bitcoin.

Moeda

Activity: 1585
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 03:33:40 PM

As we all have seen ripple has been quite strong these past few days and with all that it has done over the past months compared to most other currencies and the launch of xrapid is actually starting to show in its price.
There is so much talk about ripple taking over bitcoin and being 10$ what are your thoughts on this?
I am not sure what was conveyed, whether the information you got was valid or not. If Ripple takes over from Bitcoin, it means that Ripple will have to recruit investors with a value of $ 199,399,311,344. Yes, consider what I say is wrong. It's possible that Ripple should be worth $ 5.
And the question is, when Ripple's price reaches $ 5, will Bitcoin price not increase? or even decreased from the current price?
We're talking numbers here, not supposing. Because if we suppose, it will make our investment even worse.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Estehmanis

Activity: 262
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 04:08:56 PM

Indeed the xrp, very popular having a large group of supporters, ripple investors, and holder, the company has become a coin suport, payment but to rival bitcoin may i think still needs a very long time
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 04:31:11 PM

Different concept, centralized, and having unlimited coin supply I think, are enough to say it won't have a chance over Bitcoin. Well, indeed ripple has a large community but  Bitcoin for sure has a larger one. It is centralized, although it is not a negative thing but there is a chance for mafket manipulation which is a downside to some investors. Given that they can create their coin or to continuously supply the market, demand will not be high for sure and that would be a conflict to its price, ofcourse, for the investors. Investors would more likely engage to a more volatile investment because risk is equivalent with profit. Higher risk, higher profit. These, I think is what makes Bitcoin more popular and dominant to this industry.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 04:31:42 PM

Ripple is just another shitcoin backed by centralized firm to increase the supply whenever they want.
I don't find any potential reason to buy XRP and calling it the next bitcoin is just a thing to read and laugh.
Though XRP has a great support and big community, I think it will not make it a good investment in the long run.
And let's be real, a purely centralized cryptocurrency like XRP will never be able to attain a support like what a decentralized cryptocurrency like bitcoin can.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 04:39:51 PM

I would choose decentralized digital currency with a limited supply compared to a centralize with unlimited supply. I think you already know why? Maybe you just want people to buy more xrp so that its value will also increase but even if it will reach $10 in a short period of time still you cant compare it to bitcoins value, uses, demand and fame.

ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 05:21:27 AM

Ripple will never come close to the near of Bitcoin.Ripple can be one of the top 10 alter coins.However, it will not be able to occupy the position of Bitcoin in the market.The solid position that Bitcoin has created through block chain technology is never possible with other ordinary coins.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Ade_bonang112

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 05:38:06 AM

if ripple took over bitcoin it wasn't very difficult, and if it did happen it wouldn't take long despite the many new investments.
Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 08:57:04 AM

Wake up from slumber mate, XRP is 9ne of the coin with lowest performance compare to other top projects on market cap. I was hoping it could go for 5 cent when btc and ETH were making big moves recently but was always rejected at 3 cent. There is no fundamental ginger that is making buyers fomo into XRP yet you are comparing it to BTCtc, its not even feasible.
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 09:02:19 AM

I don't think it will be such a strong event, but I hope it will help XRP to hold its current position, because many new projects are aiming for the top 10.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Romeotom

Activity: 821
Merit: 20

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 09:07:43 AM

Huge supply, centralized and owner by bank with there has control by a company. so bitcoin is never compared and i think bitcoin will always be the king alone. If ripples can't walk the right roadmap then their market is likely to be a big dump though this idea is based on their supply. But they have a lot of investors and they have made quite a splash in the last few years with the right planning they will be able to get better prices in the future, but it will never rise above Bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
princecharles
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 01:11:42 PM

It's laughable to hear that Bitcoin is the next bitcoin when it's an obvious fact that the total supply of Ripple is in its trillions. The would take so much more effort to have the value of Ripple get to $10 unless they are willing to burn some tokens to reduce the supply. Ripples is also much more centralised and does not meet the conditions to be called a cryptocurrency because it wasn't formed with cryptography.
budi691

Activity: 1260
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 02:22:54 PM

for now he thinks XRP is too fast to replace Bitcoin, with a gap that is too far now it will be difficult if that happens, not degrading but better XRP to compete with ETh for second place.
Cryptoababe

Activity: 798
Merit: 19

Do it For Better Humanity (Bitget trader)

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 03:07:01 PM

Might thought is Ripple will always be Ripple.. Dont bring up force up. If any coin is gonna try to meet up not overcome. Its gonna be Ethereum.. I even prefer Stella to Ripple according to the blockchain technology.

➡️    BITGET  ⬅️ │    SIGNUP  │➡️ 𝐉𝐎𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐠𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐊𝐂𝐆𝐈 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒⬅️
►  𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐅𝐎𝐑  𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆   ◄
>>>       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Discord      |       <<<
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 03:34:36 PM

for now he thinks XRP is too fast to replace Bitcoin, with a gap that is too far now it will be difficult if that happens, not degrading but better XRP to compete with ETh for second place.
it would not happen , in which side xrp will replace bitcoin . these coins totally different both on supply side or price side. current price between bitcoin and xrp were too far and very hard to narrow the gap. we do agree didnt degrading xrp but we have more realistic with the fact in market.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
Westfiled

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 03:47:06 PM

It's not too fast but it will never happen and you must see the current chart on cmc right now and there was a dump that started to happen with XRP. ethereum is overvalued and it can't be reached by XRP. People realize if ethereum is much more superior compared with XRP in the tech innovation.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 06:20:13 PM

Depends on why you got into crypto to begin with. If your whole idea of crypto is just something that you can make more fiat from, that means you could actually like XRP, I am not sure how it is doing for traders but it has absolutely nothing against it neither, so maybe it could be something you could make a bit more fiat from and that is why you like it.

However if you got into crypto because you are sick of governments and banks getting into finance so hard that they are making rich people richer while keeping the poor people poorer and centralized regular fiat economy is built to make you and me not become like them, I would say that you should also not be interested in XRP because the whole idea of XRP is basically another centralized thing that resembles the fiat economy.
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 06:24:50 PM

Despite all you said ripple can't be compared to bitcoin. There two cryptocurrency Bitcoin and altcoin. Ripple is an altcoin and so shall it remain no matter the news

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 06:41:48 PM

There where many attempts by XRP to get in the Cross border payments and be the de-facto payments via rapids etc. but it so far never worked out in a scale that would launch XRP to 10$.

XRP has been doing great in terms of developing cross border payments applications, but you know how these things work, it's not easy for a crypto/blockchain firm's product to be adopted mainstream. The Title of the topic here by OP got me laughing, "Ripple the next Bitcoin" as though comparing a highly centralized blockchain with BTC makes any sense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: