Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poker Worthwhile freerolls and low stakes high prize and fun games  (Read 2440 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 22, 2020, 07:57:07 PM
Merited by Globb0 (2)

Different format including blinds minutes and starting chipstack might be one of the factor that determine wether player would be good on that game or not. I am running decent on game with higher blind minutes or one of those bigstack / monster stack game but Im sucks on anything with lower than 100 BB

This monster stack game might take up to 10 hours just to reach the final table but yeah this is what I would choose to play on every Sunday . People are less aggresive in this kind of game and this is totally what poker looks like instead of shoving all those stack every rounds ( my personal preference )

yeah, the thing about turbos and super turbos is they are very high variance. so much shoving! to make good money on them, you have to multi-table and just play lots and lots of them. winning your 60-40 and 70-30 all-ins over the long run is how to beat them.

i also much prefer slow blind levels and structures. 15 minute blinds + slow structures where antes don't kick in early is my ideal. it gives you lots of room to splash around and build pots in the earlier rounds without forcing you into short stack mode right away.

OK here goes the big one.

$109  Bounty Builder Series 159: $115K Gtd.

Starts at 15:30 UK/WET

A bit earlier for a change.

Setting up to stream it a bit.

i caught the end---i liked the A7hh shove, fine way to go out. almost tripled up on them hearts. next time. Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2020, 08:31:11 PM

-sniped-

yeah, the thing about turbos and super turbos is they are very high variance. so much shoving! to make good money on them, you have to multi-table and just play lots and lots of them. winning your 60-40 and 70-30 all-ins over the long run is how to beat them.

i also much prefer slow blind levels and structures. 15 minute blinds + slow structures where antes don't kick in early is my ideal. it gives you lots of room to splash around and build pots in the earlier rounds without forcing you into short stack mode right away.

Yeah having no ante in the early game would be nice but so far antes are always 0.1 BB in ggpoker since the first level so yeah it kinda sucks. The thing with this marathon blinds minutes are that you need to be prepared to play for atleast 4-6 hours just to get ITM spot and probably over 9 hours for the final table.

I have once get the 10th spot ( 1 spot away from the final table ) in a 15 minutes blinds game and it was close to 12 hours of playing. It sucks and Im totally frustated because I was the short stack and I shove with pocket Aces only to be beaten by J 6 ( he beat me with flush  Roll Eyes )

i caught the end---i liked the A7hh shove, fine way to go out. almost tripled up on them hearts. next time. Tongue

Globb0 was being unlucky throughout the stream. Everytime he gets a decent card, there wasnt any match on the board.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
October 22, 2020, 09:37:17 PM

I have been extra practicing patience.

But in 25k of chips never got a decent hand. That seems unusual.

I had a few days like that.

Hopefully move on and up and not tilt.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 22, 2020, 09:46:21 PM

Yeah having no ante in the early game would be nice but so far antes are always 0.1 BB in ggpoker since the first level so yeah it kinda sucks. The thing with this marathon blinds minutes are that you need to be prepared to play for atleast 4-6 hours just to get ITM spot and probably over 9 hours for the final table.

for sure, that's always something you need to be prepared for. that's one of the reasons i could never grind tourneys every day. more of a sunday thing mainly, with some random sessions thrown in between. my old routine would be to allocate my entire sunday to poker, 4-8 tabling and firing off new entries in the early part of the day. by the end of the day, you're probably only gonna be running deep in a couple of them. if things go well, you'll be putting in 12+ hours total, depending on site/field size.

I have been extra practicing patience.

But in 25k of chips never got a decent hand. That seems unusual.

I had a few days like that.

Hopefully move on and up and not tilt.

man, back like ~10 years ago when i was playing semi-pro i would have months-long stretches like that. this is nothing!

.......but the good runs eventually come too. y'all have never seen me run good in the bitcointalk series. Tongue

Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 04:43:10 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2020, 06:26:06 PM by Globb0

2 days to go until the main event!  Bitcoin talk championship final and runners up final.

Right now we are preparing a few things for Sunday.

Its gonna be awesome.

Meanwhile I am satteliting for one of the bigger bounty builder tourney for later tonight. Bit of practice.

(39 seats)

Lets go!  

*edit*

Latest news about championship 4 finals night

See hear   Wink    --->

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5284029.new#new

Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 07:04:19 PM

Here we go won another ticket

Going live soon, its not started yet!

Daily good freerolls?

30 mins until the Big BTC ticket free roll  (SWC Poker)

Good luck everyone.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 03:01:40 PM

Satelliteing again today already got into a few BB but didn't do anything doh!

This one looks promising, for a $11 ticket. I have been freewheeling a while. Its hard to fold good hands but 60 tickets and im in top 10

I just need to cut my hands off or something because I keep reflex betting by accident.   lol

Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 10:41:53 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2020, 11:48:38 AM by Globb0

First satellite of the day!

We should be off to the races!

I will update this post if we make it to the $12k Battle Royale

*edit*
We ascending

Just chillin now while they decide the places

Globb0

Groan!

Out already from the $11 game. FS man. I had 2 pair A A and 10 10 the other guy had like K 8 and will you believe, gets a set of 8's

Oh FFS had a few days of this lol, this why Im preferring the satellite route, $11 would be a painful hit - I know he who dares and everything but still

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 02:03:21 PM

Out already from the $11 game. FS man. I had 2 pair A A and 10 10 the other guy had like K 8 and will you believe, gets a set of 8's

Oh FFS had a few days of this lol, this why Im preferring the satellite route, $11 would be a painful hit - I know he who dares and everything but still

You always done great job on this satellites but not on the main event. Could this possibly because you are playing while streaming ? I know its kinda tough to play while streaming and sometimes you make funny stuff like wearing masks and such so probably you are not concentrating enough on the main event because all that

How about some change of pace like streaming these satellites grind to check how well you do while you play and stream?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 12:59:46 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2020, 01:57:26 PM by Globb0

Thanks I think its a good suggestion to keep thinking about tweaking the format a little.

At the moment I have just been freestyling, but it can be a bit dishevelled when I suddenly get dumped out.

Perhaps I should make a stream for how far can you go from a satellite or something like that.

I am back on it this morning and not looking too bad for a couple of decent bounty builders...…

I won a few dollars last night in the $7.50 BB but nothing significant. + is good I suppose.

Thanks,

*edit*
The first one is done - Im in the $7.50 BB now to close out the $16 BB ticket

*edit2
And theres the second one.   Smiley

Good start to the day.
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 12:33:11 PM

I won a few dollars last night in the $7.50 BB but nothing significant. + is good I suppose.

Thanks,

*edit*
The first one is done - Im in the $7.50 BB now to close out the $16 BB ticket

*edit2
And theres the second one.   Smiley

Good start to the day.

Congratulations Globbo, good to see you are still crushing the tournaments.

Didn't really have much time in the last week to play poker. Hopefully I am back for a few sitngo's tomorrow.

I wish I had the patience to sit through so many statellite tournaments like you  Cheesy

When is the next forum poker tournament starting? I hope I can join that.

Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 04:28:24 PM
Merited by Mauser (1)

Here you go buddy, they have a test game on sunday.

Here is the relavent thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5284992.0

Im going live in a while. Are you playing the BA freeroll this week?

*edit*
btw all these satellites are unlocking x times more tourneys than I could afford and giving me real practice as well. Seems win win.

Ill be happy when I don't need to do it anymore for sure.

Mauser

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 07:28:30 PM
Merited by Globb0 (2)

Here you go buddy, they have a test game on sunday.

Here is the relavent thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5284992.0

Im going live in a while. Are you playing the BA freeroll this week?

*edit*
btw all these satellites are unlocking x times more tourneys than I could afford and giving me real practice as well. Seems win win.

Ill be happy when I don't need to do it anymore for sure.

Thanks for the link. Haven't played on Betnomi yet, will sign up this weekend. Are they doing some freerolls regularly?

Yeah definitely, the satellites are great way to get into the bigger tournaments.

Nice to see you live in Twitch this weekend again. Good luck

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2020, 08:34:46 PM

Thanks for the link. Haven't played on Betnomi yet, will sign up this weekend. Are they doing some freerolls regularly?

Yes everyday for 1 buy in ticket to around $50 something bounty game with over 400 registrants . This is a special freeroll for people to try on their new platform. Basically we are probably gonna change from swc sponsored weekend game into betnomi so this is a freeroll to get people accustomed to their software. Feel free to put your username in the thread to join this

It will be great to have you as a regular on the weekend game  Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 03:24:49 PM

I have been asked to host a game for Chefcatradio.com again this week.

The poker game is on SwC poker at 10:30 PM London time (please check for your local equivalent time)

Last nights game ended with over 300$ in prize money for a low entry and its fun.

Please join us if you can. I am really excited to have been asked to join the chefcatpoker team.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 02:19:57 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2020, 07:48:08 PM by Globb0

Hey everyone there is a good freeroll today at SwC later (500 krill needed)

20:30 UK time the Big BTC game ticket freeroll (bout 10k?)

Tomorrow  15:00 UK Time is the Bitace freeroll for 10,000 chips this time.

Register here, by scrolling down to the Subscribe link and submitting your email (they will send the password each week)

https://bitace.com/crypto-poker-tools-and-resources/exclusive-freeroll-lineup/

Good luck all see you soon.

Globb0

SWC was quiet last few days, is America on fire?
Mauser

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 09:24:29 AM

Hey everyone there is a good freeroll today at SwC later (500 krill needed)

20:30 UK time the Big BTC game ticket freeroll (bout 10k?)

Tomorrow  15:00 UK Time is the Bitace freeroll for 10,000 chips this time.

Register here, by scrolling down to the Subscribe link and submitting your email (they will send the password each week)

Good luck all see you soon.

Globb0

SWC was quiet last few days, is America on fire?

Damn, I missed that one yesterday. Was quite busy again yesterday. Hope you did fine in that one.

Are you streaming today the BitAce tournament? I want to join myself. Got knocked out so early in the last few freerolls. Would be good to get into the money this time.

Good luck for later.

Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 01:30:35 PM

Todays good freerolls!  

18:00 UK Time is the Forum Betnomi freeroll

Register here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5284992.0

15:00 UK Time is the Bitace freeroll for 10,000 chips this time.

Good luck all see you there,

Globb0
Mauser

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 07:42:25 AM

15:00 UK Time is the Bitace freeroll for 10,000 chips this time.

I keep getting crushed on this Bitace freeroll, wishing to get just once into the moneyh ere  Embarrassed Next sunday maybe.

Thank you for the free sub to your Twitch channel for a month.

Are you playing any freerolls this week? I am back to playing some Zoom micro tables on Pokerstars.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 10:03:52 AM

Unless I win a ticket from a chest, the next freerolls are the usual ones at the weekend.

I really miss that twitch freeroll they were doing at PS. There were abundant good freerolls when I started this thread.  :/

I might scrape together some funds for a poker stars I been off it this week just SwCing with bitcoin.

I have been testing a theory on zoom and folding super fast.

You can get twice the hands as everybody else. It seems to work well to get ahead.

Globb0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: