Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:55:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poker Worthwhile freerolls and low stakes high prize and fun games  (Read 2440 times)
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 10:01:42 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2020, 10:15:52 AM by Globb0

Right now im live

Down to 53 of 5188

Come see if I win it.

https://www.twitch.tv/globb0

7 of 32 left now

Final table

I am 7 of 9   Smiley   * no molesting my assets

*edit edit*
Finished 8th

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/756617383 uploading to youtube but might take a while. A mammoth 8 hour session

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 09:50:05 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2020, 10:25:24 AM by Globb0

This week I might do no delay, anyway we will definitely have both tables again to the end.

and we can have marble races now I just tested it out.  Smiley

win win   Smiley

Im going live with a Poker Stars bounty hunt now.

Join now before I run out of funds for videos.  Smiley

Are you joining any freerolls this week?

I will play the $5K Boosted Daily Legends Weekly Freeroll later today on partypoker. So far 1800 registered players.

Other than I am probably just playing Cash game this week. Kinda sad that pokerstars stopped with the Twitch Freerolls. Might be doing a few SWC Poker games too.

Nice Stream today, let's do some marbles next time.

I haven't found freerolls on poker stars. Which section is that under?

Last night I was down to $0.69 so things were looking in jeopardy. However I went final table from $0.55 to get back up to around $16

2$/hour :/ So now I have decided to give up poker and get a job at mcdonalds working with the dude.  Smiley

Kinda sad that pokerstars stopped with the Twitch Freerolls

So it wasn't just that I stopped getting them. I guess they will replace it with something else, they  were very busy.

Can you play the bearcural freeroll on SwC later?

Anytime you come on the stream just shout marbles, I need someone to test it out.   Cheesy  

*PS  thanks for the kind comments about the stream

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2020, 08:15:37 PM

Last night I was down to $0.69 so things were looking in jeopardy. However I went final table from $0.55 to get back up to around $16

2$/hour :/ So now I have decided to give up poker and get a job at mcdonalds working with the dude.  Smiley

I just watched the video ( actually just the last 15 minutes of the video  Tongue ) and that 7+ hours of playing must be devastating for you but I kinda wonder why you go all in with pocket 6 when there are already two people shoving each other? I personally would fold that hand and watch each one of them getting burned thus giving me chance to crawl into higher position on the final table or even wins it

The bright side is that you made it to the final table and that alone is a good achievement. I personally havent hit any single table yet on poker ( twice on Omaha lol )

Was this from the stream of the last time I said hi to you on the chat?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 08:54:29 PM

It was last night.

You are right, I got all that way and ended up just suiciding.

It was nearly 2am I saw them doing another hour or two it was just like our games.

I was genuinely exhausted. 17:30 to about 02:00 blerg.

Gives me something to think about, needs to be worthwhile.

Yes Im taking final table as a positive.

Cheers.
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 07:41:40 AM

I haven't found freerolls on poker stars. Which section is that under?

Haha, still nice one you made it so far in the tournament. Also, your winnings will be much higher when the buy in is higher or just keep grinding up your bankroll with playing multiple tournaments at the same time?  I was watching your stream when you were stuck around  12,000-16,000 chips. Good to see you made it back up.

Are you playing any cash games too?
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 08:52:15 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2020, 03:17:56 PM by Globb0

I haven't been due to having no cash. lol

When I was getting the krill I played up to 4 25/50 Cash tables at once. I was in a better situation then so I could justify it.

I did pretty well in there. I like that you can earn some quick money without the hours of commitment.

Its all about patience it seems.

Im out in a while to the shops then I will be having a look for some action.

PokerStars has a half price Sunday event,$5 for 10 and $50 for a $100 buy in etc.

Its possible to win an entry in the other area, with on demand tourney, go there are tourneys there when full they are about 4 or 5 tickets that feels doable. If you set micro entry you see loads under a dollar. Worth a few tries.  6th or above isn't too bad you don't have to win it

Thanks for the message

*edit*
On it

*/edit*

Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 07:31:38 PM

Live now.

Poker stars bounty KO and SwC BigBTC Ticket.

Come join us

Follow if you don't mind

thanks

Globb0
Mauser

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 07:26:21 AM

Live now.

Poker stars bounty KO and SwC BigBTC Ticket.

Come join us

Follow if you don't mind

thanks

Globb0

Oh, I missed you yesterday. Hope you where doing alright. How is your bankroll going up after your last winnings?

Probably will play a bounty builder tournament tonight and a bit of cash games. 

Are you streaming again today?
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 09:44:51 AM

Now we are streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/globb0 and also content available on you tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeXwMEbbFFssovtu4do8KsQ

Todays key game planned Bitace warm up at 3pm UK

SWC Poker   swcpoker.eu/
Bitace freeroll (I had to join up for the password to be sent each week)    link:  Sign up here I think. (they send the password) https://bitace.com/crypto-poker-tools-and-resources/exclusive-freeroll-lineup/
Prize: BTC0.011000
Sunday: 3pm UK time
Best finish:

SWC Poker   swcpoker.eu/
BTCtalk game series 4 costs 0.001400BTC- This isn't a free roll but its our very own forum members game and all forum members are welcome - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5271735 (join us)
Prize:  Prizes come from that pool about 3 places graduated sort of 10-12  5-7 3-5 K or something like that.
Sunday: 6pm UK time
Best finish: 2nd

I might just multi table the half price Sunday big event poker stars. Shame it clashed with the forum game.

You are right Im still chasing bankroll to d0 anything better.

For the pokerstars free roll you mentioned, did you have to get a ticket from a chest? still didn't find any free rolls on there.

Though I am starting to go off huge games for little reward. How ungrateful am I?   Smiley

Mauser

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 05:46:18 PM
Merited by Globb0 (2)

I might just multi table the half price Sunday big event poker stars. Shame it clashed with the forum game.

You are right Im still chasing bankroll to d0 anything better.

For the pokerstars free roll you mentioned, did you have to get a ticket from a chest? still didn't find any free rolls on there.

Though I am starting to go off huge games for little reward. How ungrateful am I?   Smiley

Damn, I got knocked out so early in SWC BitAce Tournament, that was really sad. Hope you did better.

Just saw you are streaming. Good luck!

Actually the last freeroll tournament was on Party Poker, not pokerstars (they also had some free MTT tickets for people who redeposited money). They gave away tickets to players who were playing MTT in the last week. On Pokerstars I didn't see anymore freerolls. The tickets were just from the Twitch stream, but I didn't see any official Twtich stream. I think they are waiting for the next event.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 09:31:25 AM
Merited by Mauser (1)

I put up a highlight clip of the final table from last nights BTC Talk Private challenge game.

These guys are all so tight, there is plenty to learn watching them.

Here is the final table movie highlight - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/760837424

We will be live on channel later with a nice tournament.

Thanks all
Mauser

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 03:25:32 PM

I put up a highlight clip of the final table from last nights BTC Talk Private challenge game.

Here is the final table movie highlight - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/760837424

Thanks all

I noticed it myself when playing yesterday. A lot of people where afk at the start, so I raised many pots to steal the blinds. The guys who were still playing on my table where all playing really tight and just going in with premium hands. Which was a bit strange, because with only 3-4 active players you should be playing a much wider range. Was a bit unlucky with my flipps and got knocked out way too early.

Good luck for tonight. I will be joining your stream.

Did you try out the marbles game yet?
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 05:22:23 PM

I noticed it myself when playing yesterday. A lot of people where afk at the start, so I raised many pots to steal the blinds. The guys who were still playing on my table where all playing really tight and just going in with premium hands. Which was a bit strange, because with only 3-4 active players you should be playing a much wider range. Was a bit unlucky with my flipps and got knocked out way too early.

Is this a freeroll or does it has any buy in? Alot of newcomer that come and play poker dont really know how to play wider range hands. Anything with 10 and above would be the only hands that they will play , most likely that they will shove right away as well when they get pocket pair.  I usually label this kind of player with red label to remind myself that they are really tight players

This kind of 'strategy' actually works somehow if you are playing on a game with longer blinds increase

Thanks all

Welp, Im really bad on this game and also unlucky

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 08:47:53 PM

Thanks all

Good luck for tonight. I will be joining your stream.

Did you try out the marbles game yet?

I just came 9th in the Poker Stars Scholars Championship game. Its a league for points. I had not noticed it before .

I think I will get good points for 9th and final table.

Yes with a bit of fiddling marbles works great.  Smiley

Lets play some soon.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 01:13:39 PM

Just won a satellite for tickets to PokerStars bounty $7.50 Gtd $12k prizes

I am going live now.

Please join if you like.  Smiley

Mauser

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 03:11:57 PM
Merited by Globb0 (2)

Just won a satellite for tickets to PokerStars bounty $7.50 Gtd $12k prizes

I am going live now.

Please join if you like.  Smiley

Just tuned into your stream and you instantly got twice JJ, seems you are running good.

Hope you can hold your Top30 spot until the bubble.

Good Luck buddy.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 05:33:02 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2020, 01:25:03 PM by Globb0
Merited by figmentofmyass (1)

Thanks I did well, a bit of a early exit again the way it feels but Im getting closer and closer.

Good money ($37.61) in this finish considering the $1.10 entry I paid to the satellite.

This means more streams so its a good news story for the channel.

Thanks for your support and following if you can.

Ill probably be back in a bit after some dinner.

Ill have to look for something lighter Im a bit tired now.

*sorry I was just too fatigued to go again*
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 01:19:55 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2020, 02:53:28 PM by Globb0

Working on this satellite principle again today.

Get tickets in the morning and stream later.  Smiley

Here we are in good position, still a bit of late reg to eek out my survival.

*edit*
Final table now, perilously close!

FS came 4th lost with AK to QJ he hit a J
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 08:28:15 PM
Merited by Globb0 (2)

*edit*
Final table now, perilously close!

FS came 4th lost with AK to QJ he hit a J

brutal. bubbles are never fun but hey, you can't win every 65-35 flip. it's a numbers game.

these are some solid deep runs though---good job. you're definitely getting some good experience here. of course, micro stakes won't prepare you for the skill level you'll see in mid stakes, but it's an important part of the journey.

oh and i finally got around to making a twitch account. say hello to your newest follower, foma888. i look forward to following your progress. Smiley

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2020, 10:02:09 PM

micro stakes won't prepare you for the skill level you'll see in mid stakes, but it's an important part of the journey.

Exactly this, I have been playing alot in micro stakes few weeks ago (< $5 buy in ) and have tried tournaments with around $5-$10 buy in for few days . Its totally different in alot of aspect, In micro stakes its pretty much consist of alot of shoving action with premium hands / pocket pair . On higher buy in tournaments people tend to let it roll slowly, they try to get as many chips as possible if their hands have win

However its get harder when it gets to less than 20 players, the battle for the last table is truly time consuming. I have played a $7.74 buy in tournament and its almost 2+ hours just to get from 18 to 17 players because there are around $5 differences for the prizes

It was a marathon tournament though, 20 minutes blind lol

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES